Stocking stuffers!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 62 Old 11-11-2012, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure I start this thread every year, but I'm okay with that. What do you stuff your stockings with? I go way overboard, and know it, and have had limited success reining myself in. I haven't had a lot of ideas this year, but so far I have (or will be getting):

DH (we do exchange stockings - I love it)

• Blair's Ultra Death hot sauce
  • Blair's Pure Death hot sauce
  • Grandpa's pine tar soap (probably 2-3 bars)
  • Razor blades
  • Deodorant
  • A small moose figurine I picked up in Banff
  • Probably some other moose related novelty
  • Assorted candy, nuts and a mandarin orange

DS1 (19!)

• Deodorant
  • Razor blades
  • Guitar strings
  • Guitar picks
  • Bic 4-colour pen
  • Large candy cane
  • Possibly some charcoal and/or artist's pencils
  • Assorted candy, nuts, a mandarin orange and a pomegranate
  • A comic or magazine, probably
  • Purdy's (local chocolatier) hedgehog
  • Other stuff...not sure what yet.

DD1 (9)

• Large candy cane
  • Purdy's hedgehog
  • Bic 4-colour pen
  • Ponytail elastics
  • Multi-colour (black, white, yellow, green and red, I think) pack of electrical tape
  • Toothbrush
  • Stretch gloves
  • Headbands
  • Package of glowstick bracelets
  • Colouring book

DS2 (7)

• Large candy cane
  • Purdy's hedgehog
  • Bic 4-colour pen
  • Multi-colour (black, white, yellow, green and red, I think) pack of electrical tape
  • Toothbrush
  • Stretch gloves
  • Small action figure - probably Iron Man, Spider-Man or Wolverine
  • Colouring book

DD2 (3)

• Large candy cane
  • Purdy's hedgehog
  • Bic 4-colour pen
  • Toothbrush
  • Stretch gloves
  • A pack of crayons and/or Pipsqueak markers, unless we give her those as a gift.
  • Colouring book

The things that are on all three of my youngest's lists are items we get every year. I'm thinking I'll probably include some cards - either a standard deck, or a children's designated set (eg. Old Maid, Crazy Eights, etc.). I'll probably get them each some kind of novelty - a horse rubber duck, small toy tractor, whatever - from the local farm.

I can't think of the rest right now, but I know I've had another half dozen ideas for each of them. I'll probably end up with at least double what's on this list.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#2 of 62 Old 11-11-2012, 05:14 PM
A&A

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

So far I have bookmarks and socks for my kids (ages 10 and 15). 

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#3 of 62 Old 11-11-2012, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I am wild about stockings! Thanks for starting the thread.

So far, DH is getting a small jar of flavored mustard, a case for his Nintendo DS, and some beefy jerky. I'm planning on getting a movie, lego minifig, chocolate orange, lottery ticket, and maybe a bottle of local beer. I'd also like to make something like flax handwarmers for his coat pockets...

DS is getting a ridiculous number of small cars in his stocking. He'll also be getting some stuffed mice that I made, and maybe a playsilk. I'm learning to knit right now, and if I get enough time I'll make a scarf and hat for DS's stocking.

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

#4 of 62 Old 11-11-2012, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Lego! Thanks for the reminder, mamapigeon. I'm going to hit the Lego store (new here this year) and pick up a bunch of assorted individual specialty pieces of Lego. All three of my young ones really enjoy Lego.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#5 of 62 Old 11-11-2012, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

DH usually gets food-related stuff, especially chocolate. We have a tradition where I get him one of those tiny bottles of likker in the stocking's inside pocket. I think he asked for bourbon this year. And I might pop in a nice new pen or something. Maybe some biltong? I don't have any hugely exciting ideas, though...

DD's stocking present will be her Waldorf doll, with all the clothes I'm making for it (her?) underneath.

DS... well, I haven't figured out his "real" presents yet, let alone stocking presents!

I want to make new stockings this year, too. DS doesn't have one, and when I made the other three my sewing skills weren't as good. I'm thinking cream-coloured, lacey, Victorian-ish stockings... but we'll see. Might not get round to it.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#6 of 62 Old 11-11-2012, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Biltong...hadn't heard of that. It looks similar to jerky? I've put jerky in stockings for dh and ds1 in the past.

I've picked up various food items for dh over the years - mustards, hot sauce (he's getting into the really hot sauces from Blair's - the Scoville rating on the Ultra Death is ridiculous), small liquor bottles (I don't do that, anymore, because dh only drinks a few hard liquors and is a bit of a snob about his favourite - whiskey...ooh...he does like gin...maybe I can find a small bottle of that), a few other things. I'll probably get him his usual English Toffee this year, too.

In the past, dh has received tape (a roll each of packing tape, duct tape, electrical tape, and masking tape, as well as a second roll of clear duct tape), electrical outlet converters/splitters (hard to explain my thinking, but he was doing a lot of improvising around here, so I picked them up thinking he could use them - and he ended up using every piece), eyeglass repair kits, eyeglass cleaning cloths...even a pouch of pipe tobacco (when we were first dating, and he still smoked an occasional pipe).

Smokering: Your ds is still so little - maybe just some gloves and a hat...oh - I guess it's summer there, isn't it? hmm...

#7 of 62 Old 11-12-2012, 04:38 AM

I love stockings...

Things I've given ds in the past:

Lipbalm

Silly putty or any kind of weird putty. I want to get Magnetic Black Hole Putty from Thinkgeek this year.

Bandaids (characters or colored, not our usual plain ones) - younger kids especially seem to love their own box of bandaids.

Legos - a mini kit or more lately a couple minifigs.

White chocolate - we have molds so sometimes I melt the white chocolate chips from Trader Joe's and make white chocolate Christmas themed popsicles.

Pez candy with a dispenser

Small flashlight

Nintendo DS game 

Dvd

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01
#8 of 62 Old 11-12-2012, 07:02 AM

I'll admit our stockings, specifically, can get a bit obscene here too.  shy.gif  I blame the year my mother stopped filling our stockings & my sisters & I tried to compensate for it by "thinking bulky" and grabbing stuff from around the house for the next morning.  Ever since then we've taken over and I think most people technically end up with 2 stockings.

Some of my highlight finds for them this year:

Several people are getting bags (squishy bags, like the portable applesauce, or baby food) of heinz ketchup.  Like a whole jar's worth in a bag. 

One sister of mine  is getting a solar queen elizabeth (she waves her hand).  The other getting the original willy wonka DVD with some weird candy (including a huge gum ball filled with nerds).

Dd1(6):  I found older wolverine and cyclops action figures at the vintage toy shop (and wolverine's claws still work too).

Swirly colored glitter glue (probably lots of other craft-ish items this year)

I usually pick up some winter-y underwear for her.  Can't remember if I've gotten that yet.

Dd2 (2.5):  Bear feet slippers

'edible' and rip-proof baby book filled with pictures of candy/cookies

Dh: always gets a can of anchovy stuffed olives, I also picked up an 'olive you' magnet this year, to go with those

This also reminds me I wanted to get him more penzy's chip dip mix since we all loved it last year, plus I saw a good looking garlic salt recently I'll try to pick up.

Everyone gets good wool socks, favorite candies, vitamin powders.  Dh always gets lottery tickets, and other people dollar coins.

#9 of 62 Old 11-12-2012, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

I'm trying to think of some of my other past stocking stuffers...the ones that were hits...

Lip balms

Lottery tickets - usually scratch'n'wins

LL Bean hand crank flashlights - way more expensive than my usual stocking stuffers, but the kids loved them.

We've done Band-aids.

Mini-flossers

A purse/pocket sized hairbrush for dd1

Playing cards of various kinds

Dice (set of five each...and one year, I gave dd1 and ds2 each a giant die)

Our local grocery stores sell candy in bulk. So, I buy a wide assortment, and only put in a few of each (eg. Icy Squares - my kids love them, so they each get three...one of each colour wrapping).

DD2 is getting to an age where she'll probably have similar stuffers to her older siblings (well, not ds1, of course). When she was really little, she'd get a very basic stocking - think her first one was a rattle, a teether and a small stuffy.

hmm..think I might give ds2 a booster pack of Yu-Gi-Oh cards in his.

I'm doing some shopping today - maybe I'll go out and get all the toiletries type stuff. I go so overboard with stockings, but I try to keep in mind that quite a few of the stuffers (deodorant, soaps, ponytail elastics, razor blades, toothbrushes, etc.) are things we'd be buying at some point, anyway.

#10 of 62 Old 11-14-2012, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

I found some cute little notepads for my three youngest, as well as some $3.00 (MIC and plastic, unfortunately, but I couldn't resist them) solar power calculators. The stocking shopping is going pretty well, and I haven't gone overboard yet. smile.gif

#11 of 62 Old 11-14-2012, 12:37 PM

Storm Bride

If you're looking for some kind of card game for the kids, Monopoly Deal is a great game! 

lactivist.gifnovaxnocirc.gif Acd.gif'ing, winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIFread.gif Momma to one DD 1/1/12 ribboncesarean.gif. Trying to goorganic.jpg and hoping for a hbac.gif next time!

#12 of 62 Old 11-14-2012, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post

I'm pretty sure I start this thread every year, but I'm okay with that. 

You do, but it's a holiday tradition. One of the best Christmas threads. :-)

My Little Man will be a year and three months this Christmas, so this year the stocking stuffers will be a little more interesting than last year. We're going to get some Little People Christmas figures (or some farm or airplane figures if we can't find the Christmas ones), and a Disney Cars movie themed toothbrush for him. And he'll get some socks and some more tiny Sesame Street books. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#13 of 62 Old 11-14-2012, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

You do, but it's a holiday tradition. One of the best Christmas threads. :-)

Thanks. I love that way of looking at it. joy.gif

My Little Man will be a year and three months this Christmas, so this year the stocking stuffers will be a little more interesting than last year. We're going to get some Little People Christmas figures (or some farm or airplane figures if we can't find the Christmas ones), and a Disney Cars movie themed toothbrush for him. And he'll get some socks and some more tiny Sesame Street books. 

That sounds great. Stuffers for really little ones are the hardest, ime, but you've got some good ideas.

#14 of 62 Old 11-14-2012, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaT View Post

Storm Bride

If you're looking for some kind of card game for the kids, Monopoly Deal is a great game! 

That's a great idea - ds2 is pretty hyped on Monopoly, in general, right now.

#15 of 62 Old 11-15-2012, 06:06 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

.Maybe some biltong? 

Biltong - thanks for the reminder. Last year I put some in DS's stocking. Drove the dog crazy. There's only one place to get it around here and it's just out of town, so it's a little inconvenient. However, it's not too far out of the way from our optometrist and we have appointments tomorrow. 

This year, I have almost nothing. No ideas. At least no good ideas, other than the traditional (for us) oranges, chocolate oranges and iTunes gift cards. 

16 y.o. DD

- nail polish

- make up brushes 

- lip balm (she loses hers and "borrows" mine all the time) 

19 y.o. DS

-biltong

-ear buds for his iPod

-............... (that's a big blank)

DH

- ............... (that's another big blank)

#16 of 62 Old 11-15-2012, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)

My mom always had wonderful stockings for us.  Those would be what we could open without waiting, back in the days where we would get up around 5AM because we were so excited.  Smart move, mom.

This year, the plan for 2 girls, 6 and nearly-8:

Inexpensive stopwatches.  Do they even make those still?  I just know they are going to be racing around timing everything.

AA batteries for their inane vtech camera/videogame players.  I replaced the first set, and they are on their own for the rest (they get allowance).

Some cool, sparkly crystal geode or something.  Must find a good shop.

Candy dots by request.

Pez refills for their dispensers.

Probably a couple of schleich animals.

Inexpensive set of fairies they've been asking for from Magic Cabin for ages.  I am on their email list and get notified about free shipping deals.  Sweet.

Toothbrush--I wrap everything, including this.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#17 of 62 Old 11-17-2012, 06:49 AM
A&A

I am going to get some Nat'l Park quarters to include in their stockings.

#18 of 62 Old 11-17-2012, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

SweetSilver: I love the idea of a crystal geode or something like that. DD1, in particular, would love it. I'll try to hit the rock and gem shop downtown in the next week or two.

A&A: What's a National Park quarter? It sounds cool.

#19 of 62 Old 11-18-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaT View Post

Storm Bride

Yeah, all of the card games in that series are great. I think we have all of them and they're great fun. Our favorites are Monopoly Deal. Tetris, Scrabble Slam, Pictureka, Mille Bornes - they're all great. 

Quote:
That sounds great. Stuffers for really little ones are the hardest, ime, but you've got some good ideas

Thanks. Stockings were such a big deal when I was a kid, so I want to make Little Man's special too. Can't wait until he's a little bit older - I was in the stocking stuffer aisle at the store yesterday and there was the best stuff! I can't wait! 

I still need to think of a few things for husband's stocking. I just came across a Hoops & YoYo version of the Uno card game online so I'll likely get that. He loves Hoops & YoYo and we both like card games. And I'll probably get him a mini of Johnnie Walker Black Label so he can have a Christmas Day snifter of whiskey after dinner and the kiddo goes to bed... Other than that I have no idea. I like to have 3-5 things at least. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#20 of 62 Old 11-18-2012, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

Yeah, all of the card games in that series are great. I think we have all of them and they're great fun. Our favorites are Monopoly Deal. Tetris, Scrabble Slam, Pictureka, Mille Bornes - they're all great. 

I'll check those out. Both my middle kids are getting into card and board games in a big way right now.

Thanks. Stockings were such a big deal when I was a kid, so I want to make Little Man's special too. Can't wait until he's a little bit older - I was in the stocking stuffer aisle at the store yesterday and there was the best stuff! I can't wait! 

I'm the same way. Stockings are so much fun.

I still need to think of a few things for husband's stocking. I just came across a Hoops & YoYo version of the Uno card game online so I'll likely get that. He loves Hoops & YoYo and we both like card games. And I'll probably get him a mini of Johnnie Walker Black Label so he can have a Christmas Day snifter of whiskey after dinner and the kiddo goes to bed... Other than that I have no idea. I like to have 3-5 things at least. 

I don't know your husband, but I've been married twice, to two men with very different tastes and have done a total of at least 20 husband/partner stockings. I'll throw out everything I've put in them that I can remember off the top of my head:

• Favourite candies (Ferrero Rocher for my ex, Altoids and English Toffee for dh)
  • Razor blades/disposable razors
  • Deodorant
  • Socks
  • Cards
  • Dice
  • Mini bottles of liquor
  • Homemade lovey-dovey gift certificates (hugs, kisses, sometimes sexual stuff...not with the kids around though!)
  • Rolling papers (back when my ex and I both smoked pot, before his drug use became a problem)
  • Tape (duct tape, masking tape, electrical tape and packing tape - one roll of each)
  • Outlet splitters/dividers of various kinds
  • Comics/magazines/puzzle books (I stuff them in the back of the stocking, at the top - also do things like colouring books for the kids)
  • Soap (dh likes Grandpa's pine tar soap, and I have to order it online, so I get him a few bars at Christmas each year)
  • Small packages of tea and coffee
  • Small lights...a Coleman lantern keychain, mini flashlight, bike lights...a few others, but I can't remember what they were
  • Eyeglass repair kits
  • Small tools (screwdrivers, mostly)
  • Lottery tickets
  • Small denomination gift cards (eg. Starbucks, Subway, local places - enough to cover one lunch or something like that)
  • Guitar strings/string cleaner/guitar polish/polishing cloth/picks (used to get these for my ex, and now get them for ds1)
  • Novelty items - dh likes moose, and he gets at least one moose-related item every year...pen, figurine, magnet, keychain, whatever. My ex usually got music related stuff

hmmm...I know there's some other stuff, but I can't think of anything right now. If anything pops into my head, I'll add it in a different colour (so you can see what's new). I know most of this is probably pretty specific, but maybe some of it will give you some ideas.

#21 of 62 Old 11-18-2012, 11:10 AM
A&A

Quote:

A&A: What's a National Park quarter? It sounds cool.

http://nationalparkquarters.com/

You can buy them from Amazon, ebay, etc.   (Or just try to find them in change.)

#22 of 62 Old 11-18-2012, 11:13 AM

Just a thought for those figuring out ideas for real little kiddos - but my kids always loved those magic growing washcloths.  Plus holiday bath duckies.

#23 of 62 Old 11-18-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:

I don't know your husband, but I've been married twice, to two men with very different tastes and have done a total of at least 20 husband/partner stockings. I'll throw out everything I've put in them that I can remember off the top of my head:

• Favourite candies (Ferrero Rocher for my ex, Altoids and English Toffee for dh)
  • Razor blades/disposable razors
  • Deodorant
  • Socks
  • Cards
  • Dice
  • Mini bottles of liquor
  • Homemade lovey-dovey gift certificates (hugs, kisses, sometimes sexual stuff...not with the kids around though!)
  • Rolling papers (back when my ex and I both smoked pot, before his drug use became a problem)
  • Tape (duct tape, masking tape, electrical tape and packing tape - one roll of each)
  • Outlet splitters/dividers of various kinds
  • Comics/magazines/puzzle books (I stuff them in the back of the stocking, at the top - also do things like colouring books for the kids)
  • Soap (dh likes Grandpa's pine tar soap, and I have to order it online, so I get him a few bars at Christmas each year)
  • Small packages of tea and coffee
  • Small lights...a Coleman lantern keychain, mini flashlight, bike lights...a few others, but I can't remember what they were
  • Eyeglass repair kits
  • Small tools (screwdrivers, mostly)
  • Lottery tickets
  • Small denomination gift cards (eg. Starbucks, Subway, local places - enough to cover one lunch or something like that)
  • Guitar strings/string cleaner/guitar polish/polishing cloth/picks (used to get these for my ex, and now get them for ds1)
  • Novelty items - dh likes moose, and he gets at least one moose-related item every year...pen, figurine, magnet, keychain, whatever. My ex usually got music related stuff

hmmm...I know there's some other stuff, but I can't think of anything right now. If anything pops into my head, I'll add it in a different colour (so you can see what's new). I know most of this is probably pretty specific, but maybe some of it will give you some ideas.

Thanks for all of the suggestions! Dice is a good one - my husband is into war gaming, so he's always looking for cool dice. And tape sticks out to me - he's always using masking tape for something or other. And socks are a good idea - one of those things he never wants to spend money on for himself, even when his current ones are threadbare. Same thing with boxers, so maybe I'll throw in a pair of two of those. And the "adult certificates" are a great idea - we need to focus on us time when we get an evening alone, so that would be a fun little treat. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkimum View Post

Just a thought for those figuring out ideas for real little kiddos - but my kids always loved those magic growing washcloths.  Plus holiday bath duckies.

Great idea! I'm going to be on the lookout for some. I remember the magic growing sponge animals too - thanks for reminding me! Little Man loves bath time, so those would be perfect. 

We hit the jackpot today at the Target dollar spot. They had tons of stuff in the Disney Cars theme (not everyone's cup of tea, but we all love that one - a Route 66 themed movie is a Disney film I can actually stomach and even appreciate). But I digress. We were able to pick up three pairs of Cars socks, two Cars activity sets (mini coloring book, stickers and crayons - he's still a little young for it but we couldn't resist) and two Cars board books. So his stocking is rounding out nicely. I still want to find a Cars toothbrush for him too. 

Seriously - check out the dollar spot - they've got the Disney Cars stuff, a few other Disney movie themed things (if you're into that) and a bunch of Hello Kitty stuff. Plus really cute Christmas gift tags and bags and things. 

#24 of 62 Old 12-04-2012, 03:44 PM

Hmm, this thread needs a good bump.gif.

I ordered some minecraft stuff for DH's stocking and the package came today! So excited! Also found some stuff at the World Market, tea, tiny flask, and a little jar of spices.

Last night, I started working on a cup cozy for him as he is a coffee fiend.

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

#25 of 62 Old 12-04-2012, 03:48 PM
A&A

So Storm Bride and others, 

Just how big are your stockings??  Because some of you have a long list.  My kids have decent-sized stockings, but my dh's is really small.  (And it's from childhood, so he doesn't want to replace it.)  

#26 of 62 Old 12-04-2012, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Ours are pretty much the standard store size. DD1 and ds2 have slightly smaller ones. A lot of my stuffers are very small, and I also tend to unpack things (eg. razor blades/cartridges) and put them in individually. But...every year, I have to unpack at least one and stuff everything back in. I also use colouring books, comics and other magazines as a backstop - I put them at the back, curled around a little, and that gives me a bit more vertical space.

My stockings are not rational, though. I have no sense about them.

I think I have everything for stockings for dd1, ds2 and dh (barring his English Toffee). DD2's is pretty sparse, and so is ds1's. I'm not sure what else to put hin his...

#27 of 62 Old 12-04-2012, 07:31 PM

Subbing to get ideas.

Someone mentioned a comic book so I'm definitely going to do that for ds!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#28 of 62 Old 12-04-2012, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I do giftcards, candy, Polly Pocket or a small American Girl doll, a matchbox car, a starbucks card, and a pair of earrings for dd. I might throw in lip gloss this year because my dd is obsessed. For the rest of the family I do a giftcard and a pair of handmade socks.
#29 of 62 Old 12-04-2012, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

I just picked up a few things. Chocolate "raspberry", chocolate "lime", and mint chocolate..orange shaped, lol. some silly putty. one that glows in the dark, one that changes colors. I got some new in package model magic (Crayola) at a thrift store for .50 for 3yo ds. I got those disgusting "baby bottle pops" because 5yo dd is always asking for them at the store and I figure christmas is a good time to indulge in something i would ordinarily never buy! some bubbles, one per kid, and this little gun that shoots foam darts. I'm sure its crap since it was like $2, lol. I've already gotten dd a my little pony activity book, another interesting looking activity book that came from the "book" section of a book store vs "magazine/coloring book" section..a little more splurgy ;) She LOVES mazes/dot to dots and other little "games" in books these days! LOVES them! Also a miniature hello kitty letter writing kit. She is SO easy to shop for, its not even fair. I can look around and find so many things that are perfect for her, that she'd love. But I have to hold back!

ds is the opposite. Looking for stocking stuffers for him, I'll see something that is almost good, but then talk myself out of it because its the kind of thing that would go straight to the trash after brief play. Or things like another matchbox car or train. After the brief "cool!" when he opens it, its just lost in a sea of cars never to be given a crap about again! Whats the point in that? Thats just consuming for the sake of consuming. He's starting to get old enough that he can sit and be entertained by "real" legos (not just duplos) so we'll for sure get a set or 2 of those. Maybe something like a really small set, or a little guy to go with it, would make a good stuffer for him. 

The baby (just turned 1) already has a cute little ball for his stocking. I'll probably find him a sippy cup because its about time he start learning. He can't have milk from the tap be his exclusive source of liquid *forever* ;) And a bag of happy baby freeze dried yogurt bites for a treat, since he loves those! He's tough too. Trying to avoid buying anything I wouldn't buy if I weren't trying to fill an oversized sock with stuff for him! Maybe I'll sew a plush ball. And socks. Always needs those.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#30 of 62 Old 12-13-2012, 04:01 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)

A friend just mentioned she was searching for stocking stuffer ideas so I pointed her this way. Great ideas!thumb.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page