What, if anything, are you getting your dp? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-02-2012, 04:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

So, any ideas for the hard-to-please, technically-minded guy?

Heather, you said your DH would like a photography trip, would he be interested in a book in digital photo editing.

We bought this one for FIL's birthday and he's enjoyed it. There are plenty of photoshop ones too but with the expense of the software we went for the GIMP one as GIMP is a free download and pretty good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 05:48 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

My DH is hard to buy for. He's liable to just go out and buy himself whatever he wants. I don't think he minds surprises, but it's hard to come up with a good one for him. He doesn't collect anything. Loves music, but buys his own and knows so much more about what he likes than I do that it's hard to come up with a new band/album that he hasn't already gotten. Plus he's almost all digital now and to me that's just not as much fun to unwrap!

As for wish lists, neither one of us is into those. To me that just takes all the fun out of it. I'd almost rather get nothing at all than have to do a wish list. I want someone to give from their heart, not my wants. 

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
Old 12-02-2012, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DH is impossible. He is into quite a bit; making art, video games, making music...but he doesn't really need anything. If he's very much wanting something he buys it himself...

But I managed to snag him some things! 

I got him Make Magazine's "Fitness for Geeks" book, and a few others on Paleo eating, and some Lego sets he can do with DS and DD. He loves Legos and it's something the kids + him can do together so it's sort of a combined gift (although my kids are young so they mostly watch and hang out..) I also got him some Lego storage for our "Lego" room, which is technically just a spare bedroom. For his stocking I have bacon chocolate, and some little robot type kits...

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
Old 12-02-2012, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Probably an e-book.

Ds 9 and dd 5
Old 12-02-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommariffic View Post

DH is impossible. He is into quite a bit; making art, video games, making music...but he doesn't really need anything. If he's very much wanting something he buys it himself...

But I managed to snag him some things! 

I got him Make Magazine's "Fitness for Geeks" book, and a few others on Paleo eating, and some Lego sets he can do with DS and DD. He loves Legos and it's something the kids + him can do together so it's sort of a combined gift (although my kids are young so they mostly watch and hang out..) I also got him some Lego storage for our "Lego" room, which is technically just a spare bedroom. For his stocking I have bacon chocolate, and some little robot type kits...

1. That's a really great idea!

2. Seriously? Where? I *love* bacon! And if bacon sundae is good, I can only imagine how tasty bacon chocolate must be. eat.gif

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

Old 12-03-2012, 09:02 AM

I found it on this website

http://www.baconaddicts.com/products/bacon-chocolate-sampler-pack

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
Old 12-03-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommariffic View Post

I found it on this website

http://www.baconaddicts.com/products/bacon-chocolate-sampler-pack

They made me a website!?! With everything bacon-y goodness, all in one spot?!?! Thank you! I *love* bacon, so much! :D

I forgot a few things that I realized a long time ago that DF needed, but he refused to let me buy, so I'll be buy it for his Christmas! He has *no* pants, outside his work uniform. Well, he has two pairs, but one doesn't have a zipper or button, so he can't fasten it (and I'm not skilled enough to fix a zipper like that), and the other one has a huge hole in the crotch, that I've mended several times, and by now, it's too far gone to be repaired, so I'm going to get him a few pairs of pants, and (try to) find a couple of shirts for him, or either get him a gift card. (He has sensory stuff that makes a lot of shirts uncomfortable to wear. I hope I can find a couple Hawaiian style shirts, because those he said are pretty okay, but if not, I might get him a gift card and make sure he spends it on shirts.)

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

Old 12-03-2012, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

So, dh is getting Porco Rosso (was gong to get Castle in the Sky, but he said something that made me think Porco Rosso would be a better choice this year) and an Orval beer glass. I still want to get him one more gift - his "big" one...but I'm not sure what it will be...maybe a sweater...he only has a few, and he feels the winter chill here a lot more than I do.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Old 12-03-2012, 02:33 PM

DH and I got each other a new fridge after our old one bit the dust a couple of weeks ago. That was $800 we weren't planning on spending so we're not getting each other gifts this year. I'm kind of glad not to have to try and find a gift for him. He's impossible to buy for.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeygrrl View Post

My husband emails me links to things he wants, and I pick and choose from the list. 

What a great idea! Too bad my dh doesn't like to email very much.

I don't know what to get for him. He recently got a great job and is buying all kinds of things that he should be waiting for. I may buy him a beer-making kit.

Being the geek that I am, all I really want is a new power cord for my laptop. But alas, I already know I'm getting some things from Nordstrom judging by the presents for me under the tree. Boo hoo! LOL.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyDi View Post

DH and I got each other a new fridge after our old one bit the dust a couple of weeks ago. That was $800 we weren't planning on spending so we're not getting each other gifts this year. I'm kind of glad not to have to try and find a gift for him. He's impossible to buy for.

I'm sorry you had to get a new fridge. That stinks, unplanned expenses like that. We just had to have our car fixed to the tune of $750, so Christmas just got brought down a notch for us, as well.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:18 AM

Oh I found another gift DH would love - it's a science cooking kit (combining two of his favorite things) it's a little pricey but if I cut something else out and got him that? 

Old 12-04-2012, 12:18 PM

homemade fudge and a hand knit sweater (that we do on Solstice; kids get presents on Christmas but not grown-ups)

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

User Tag List