what do YOU want for Christmas? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 61 Old 12-04-2012, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

My wish was granted - an Omniblend blender. It's a Mother's Day/birthday/Christmas present, and so far we've been using it probably 3 times a day since I got it over the weekend. biggrinbounce.gif

Mom "D" to DD1 "Z" (15) and DD2 "I" (11) DH "M"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 61 Old 12-04-2012, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know I am not getting any of these, but things I want

- drum carder

-kitchenaid mixer (or one similar)

-  ankle boots

to have the time and means to get the carpal tunnel surgery I have really needed for a while now.

oAlisha- eternal companion to mike:, mother to three energetic boys (02):, (05), and (07) and one sweet little girl 3/13.  Two in heaven.7/21/2010, 11/05/2011 mecry.gif.

#33 of 61 Old 12-05-2012, 03:59 PM

Shirts that actually fit my nursing chest. Shirts that are easier to nurse in. A hair cut and colour. A slow cooker and a bread machine. Laser hair removal.
A really nice hand crafted leather bound journal for my Book of Shadows. An antique brass cauldron. Candles, incense, and oils. A cool Tarot deck and someone to show me how to use it.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#34 of 61 Old 12-05-2012, 05:41 PM

I want nice Christmas gifts that don't add ANYTHING to the stuff in the house.  Here's my list:

- massages and lots of 'em.  I give birth in March and I figure one a week up til then would be good.

- sex and lots of it.  Love those pregnancy hormones!

- amazon gift certificates so I can buy LOTS of trashy books to read while I'm nursing the new baby. (Shanna - not having visible books is EXACTLY why I bought my Kindle.  Works like a hot damn.  Am currently reading some sloshy romance and nobody but me knows it.  If DH asks I'm reading sciency non-fiction. LOL.)

- some way of watching the new season of Game of Thrones in April that doesn't involve getting cable TV, illegally downloading or waiting a whole friggin' YEAR for the bloody things to come out on DVD or iTunes

- iTunes gift certificates, come to think of it

- a postpartum doula.  It doesn't count if it's ME.  MIL is pretty damn good, but she can't be here all the time.  I want to be parked on the couch for several weeks and so far the training of the 7-year-old is progressing too slowly.  She needs to get over that silly fear of the stove and knives and stuff. 

- I want my old mountain bike replaced with a cruiser thingy that lets me ride with a more upright posture so I could maybe go bike riding again before the baby comes.  Because there's no biking happening after that until I can stick a helmet on that wobbly little head.

- gardening services.  Sure, I have like 12 sq ft of garden and some pots, but do you see ME hauling bags of compost to spread all over that?  Do you see ME taking down the dead sweet pea vines and cleaning up the mess that is my sorrel? No you do not.  I also want elves to buy bulbs and plant them for me.

- a tidy house.  Permanently.  I want our whole family to magically discover that PUTTING SHIT AWAY is fun, entertaining and rewarding.  Stop laughing.

- while we're on magical gifts, I want all the chipped plates and bowls (that is, 90% of my dinnerware) to self-repair.  They're not bad enough to justify tossing and buying new ones but they look shabby when I pay attention, like when people are over and I'm looking for a non-chipped plate to put cheese and crackers on and it doesn't exist.

That should do it.  Oh, and I want the sun to shine all day and rain to come at night and I want to not fail my GTT next week.  That's all.

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#35 of 61 Old 12-05-2012, 05:46 PM

2 insulated stainless steel water bottles. And I found them on sale online, talked to DH, and ordered them for him to give me. We're both pretty happy with the arrangement :) And a decent set of kitchen knives.

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

#36 of 61 Old 12-05-2012, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsGregory View Post

I want an isolation chamber that locks from the inside.

biglaugh.gif

Simple- Go out to dinner with my husband ALONE

#37 of 61 Old 12-06-2012, 06:39 AM

I want to be able to get enough cash to start my own online store, I am a single Mom of 2 not getting owed child support so owning my store to support all of my and my kids needs would be a blessing!

#38 of 61 Old 12-06-2012, 08:19 AM

I would like a real christmas tree. We live near beautiful christmas tree farms and I would love the whole experience of taking the family, the tractor rides, the cider and cocoa, and picking out our own fresh tree, while supporting local tree farmers. We probably won't be able to afford to do this this year, we already have the fake tree up, but if a little extra comes our way before christmas, I hope the christmas magic will make it happen.

And on my dream list; a sewing machine, and some new high leather boots.

Saamy Student mama to  superhero.gifand hearts.gifand babyf.gif

#39 of 61 Old 12-06-2012, 08:57 AM

To be able to pay for all these annoying emergency repairs that have popped up in the last couple of weeks. irked.gif ~$750 for necessary car repair (lucky we didn't catch it on fire. oops) and whatever a new fridge/freezer or deep freezer will cost, because ours decided to stop working properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee View Post

gosh i need urgent dental work done too. if i cant get this molar filled within the next few weeks i'll have to have it pulled. :( still cant come up with $$$s for the molar work and i've been trying for the past 3 months. 

ah bmcneal i've spent more time as a mom sleeping on the floor instead of a bed. now we have a bed because a friend just passed on his dd's bunk bed to us.  i have had previous offers of beds but they've been too soft and painful on my back. 

Do you have a mattress, or just sleep directly on the floor/floor covered with blankets? I'm thinking of trying to find a (reliable) place that sells used mattresses, and get one from there, until we can get a new one. I don't really like the idea of a used mattress, but I think it's the lesser of two evils, the other being sleeping directly on the floor, at this point).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shanna~ View Post

I'm a walking cliche in this department. I want a Kindle. Badly. I love books, and it's a bit surprising to find myself drooling over an eReader. But to be honest, after I finished 50 Shades of Grey, I started reading books that I just can NOT have the covers of in my home Bolt.gif

I was going to suggest taking the covers off. Then I realized what you meant, and I feel incredibly naive now. shy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunanthem View Post

I would like a real christmas tree. We live near beautiful christmas tree farms and I would love the whole experience of taking the family, the tractor rides, the cider and cocoa, and picking out our own fresh tree, while supporting local tree farmers. We probably won't be able to afford to do this this year, we already have the fake tree up, but if a little extra comes our way before christmas, I hope the christmas magic will make it happen.

And on my dream list; a sewing machine, and some new high leather boots.

That would be really neat! I'm not sure there are any farms nearby, but that would be a great experience!

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

#40 of 61 Old 12-06-2012, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcneal View Post

Do you have a mattress, or just sleep directly on the floor/floor covered with blankets? I'm thinking of trying to find a (reliable) place that sells used mattresses, and get one from there, until we can get a new one. I don't really like the idea of a used mattress, but I think it's the lesser of two evils, the other being sleeping directly on the floor, at this point).!

i have done all sorts of combinations.

initially it was mattress on the floor. then it was futon mattress on the floor which was good. after that it was just blankets on the floor. and then just those plastic folding table top. my favorite during summer. so cool to the skin. sometimes it was just a sheet on the carpet floor. but today a bunk bed with board under the mattress so makes the hard mattress harder.

i get severe backpain and 'organ' pain from sleeping on soft mattresses. when we got this bed, it took my body sometime to get used to it. my back didnt hurt so much, but my insides did. 

whenever i go on retreat at a buddhist monastry they dont understand how i sleep directly on the wood with no sleeping bag underneath me or the thin mattress they provide. no idea why i am this way, but i have always been so. whenever i travel i always have my sleeping bag with me so that i can sleep on the floor if needed. 

my favourite surface to sleep on - snow with a good sleeping bag. our favourite time to camp - winter vacations. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#41 of 61 Old 12-06-2012, 03:49 PM

What I really want more than anything is a positive pregnancy test right about that time...but we shall see on that. Regardless, I want to bank most of the bonus that we know my partner is getting, and all of the bonus (we hope) that I am getting to save for a CPM.

Otherwise, I have asked for a cast iron skillet, a quality ceramic knife, and these boots. Don't think we can afford all of that, but I can dream.

#42 of 61 Old 12-07-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spughy View Post

I want our whole family to magically discover that PUTTING SHIT AWAY is fun, entertaining and rewarding. 

That would be the Best Present Ever!  lol.gif

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#43 of 61 Old 12-09-2012, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I want my kids and my fiance to get everything they want for Christmas.

Then, I want my almost 2 year old to start sleeping through the night.

Then, I want some presentable clothes- I only have two pairs of jeans and a bunch of "Mom" shirts.

Then, I want all my bills paid off for once.

Then, I want to fix some problems I have with my teeth.

Then, I want http://www.amazon.com/Everybody-Loves-Raymond-Complete-Series/dp/B004YOEECS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355111299&sr=8-1&keywords=everyone+loves+raymond+complete+series

And then I'd wake up and wonder where my fairy godmother went, 'cause I don't have that kind of luck or money.  redface.gif

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#44 of 61 Old 12-09-2012, 09:13 PM

I want to find a school that will be wonderful for my son and I want our current school district to say "OK, great choice! Sure we'll send him there!"

I want my hair cut and colored (it's been about 7 or 8 months.)

I want a year membership to our local Massage Envy. (Haven't had a massage in 9 yrs. rheumatologist recommended it for my arthritis.)

I want a Vitamix Pro 300.

I want nice clothes that fit.

I want Finn Comfort shoes (recommended for flat feet, plantar fasciitis, and arthritis.)

I want a nice house or apartment to live in.

I want to be healthy and pain free.

I want my son to be healthy and happy. I want his immune deficiency to go away.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#45 of 61 Old 12-11-2012, 07:43 PM

I want a pair of fabric scissors that haven't been ruined by my kids cutting paper with them. I'm hoping that is possible this year.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#46 of 61 Old 12-12-2012, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I want a pair of earrings. Specifically, white gold sleepers. I think I have a pretty good chance of getting them too, because last night DH asked me if 'sleeper' is what everyone calls that kind of earring, or is that one of my self-invented words? 

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#47 of 61 Old 12-12-2012, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Why are they called sleepers?

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#48 of 61 Old 12-12-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

According to wiseGEEK, sleeper earrings are called such because they must be worn around the clock, including during sleeping hours (usually a good idea for people who have just gotten their ears pierced for the first time).

But then again, according to a poster on ask.metafilter, they are called sleepers because there are no butterflies in the back to cut into your neck as your sleeping.

Most places I looked (because that's what I do), the consensus is because they are designed (mainly) for use in round-the-clock wear, including during sleeping hours.

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

#49 of 61 Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 PM

Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I don't remember ever wanting a gift. Or asking for one. But my mom really pushed me this year to answer, "What do you want for Xmas?" On the spur of the moment, I said a Bonsai tree, wisteria if possible. It came out before I even knew I wanted it! But now that it came out, I really would like that.

Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

#50 of 61 Old 12-13-2012, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcneal View Post

Quote:

I looked it up too. smile.gif

According to wiseGEEK, sleeper earrings are called such because they must be worn around the clock, including during sleeping hours (usually a good idea for people who have just gotten their ears pierced for the first time).

But then again, according to a poster on ask.metafilter, they are called sleepers because there are no butterflies in the back to cut into your neck as your sleeping.

Most places I looked (because that's what I do), the consensus is because they are designed (mainly) for use in round-the-clock wear, including during sleeping hours.

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#51 of 61 Old 12-13-2012, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

I'm getting real linen sheets! I have always wanted these--proven better, healthier sleep.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#52 of 61 Old 12-13-2012, 12:28 PM

Sleepers are earrings that you can sleep with them in. They are usually small hoops. 

I got new sheets from my mom a few years ago, that was a really good gift!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#53 of 61 Old 12-13-2012, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Huh. I'd never realised you couldn't sleep with regular butterfly earrings! I don't have pierced ears. Learn something new every day!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#54 of 61 Old 12-13-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:

Huh. I'd never realised you couldn't sleep with regular butterfly earrings! I don't have pierced ears. Learn something new every day!

You can, and I did, but it can be uncomfortable, and they can fall out, whereas with the "sleeper" earrings, the one end is inserted into the other end, so it's continuous hoop, and can't slip out, and doesn't have the pointy part(s) that butterfly earrings do.

Right now, I want a wire whisk. :D I want gravy!

#55 of 61 Old 12-13-2012, 03:29 PM

Now I want nice linen sheets too! My Taurus-ness would love those!

#56 of 61 Old 12-13-2012, 08:20 PM

What is your Taurus-ness?! 

#57 of 61 Old 12-13-2012, 08:45 PM

My astrological sign is a Taurus and Tauruses love the finer things in life like linen sheets :).

#58 of 61 Old 12-15-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydove View Post

My astrological sign is a Taurus and Tauruses love the finer things in life like linen sheets :).

Awesome. I am not a Taurus but I do love the finer things. It is probably for the best that I am not a Taurus, because that could get expensive.

Neaera, love the boots!

#59 of 61 Old 12-17-2012, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have never heard of sleeper earrings; interesting!

The only thing I really want, which no one can give me, is sleep.  My baby is up very frequently and it's getting rough around here. 

#60 of 61 Old 12-17-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post

Tickets to see Shen Yun in January.

Not to harsh your desire, but... I saw them last year. And it was all really same-y after a while. Cirque is much more worth the time and money.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page