what do YOU want for Christmas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 61 Old 12-02-2012, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have all these gift posts but I didn't see one about what us momma's are swooning over : )

I love the Nikki Mcclure calendars so I hope for one for 2013

http://www.leewolfepottery.com/products/wheel-thrown-ceramic-casserole-birds-nest

(he above which is so so so beautiful! It's a long shot (it's expensive, my DH probably forgot I mentioned it, etc)

A pair of wool lined slippers

Some books on homemaking and animal husbandry

And that's really it! I so have everything I want -- oh maybe a hand drill! (non electric) in sea foam green

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#2 of 61 Old 12-02-2012, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I try really hard to not think about what I want at this time of year because then I develop an attachment to the idea of getting those things and it is too depressing to never receive any of them...  

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01
#3 of 61 Old 12-02-2012, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Books or CDs.

Ds 9 and dd 5
#4 of 61 Old 12-02-2012, 10:23 AM

Tickets to see Shen Yun in January.

I don't really have anything else on my wish list this year. I'll probably get a gift card for some ebooks, which is always great. There really isn't very much that I want out of life that I don't already have, though.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#5 of 61 Old 12-02-2012, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

*ahem* I have a billion things I want.

-A composting system... of any kind. Made of pallets, whatever. We currently have a heap, and I don't imagine I'll ever obtain usable compost from it: plus, it looks nasty.

-A stand mixer (ie. Kitchen Aid), or at least a decent pair of hand-held beaters

-One of those gizmos for horizontally slicing cakes... I can never get the layers even

-A wheelbarrow

-Lavender plants

-Anything gourmet-foody (DH usually fills my stocking with these - vanilla beans, fancy mustard etc)

-Paint to finish painting the hallway

-An assurance from DH that he will help finish painting the hallway

-Books - interesting non-fiction about birth, historical midwifery, historical gardening/botany, history in general, architecture, conspiracy theories, art, fashion/costume throughout history, vintage hairstyles, pattern drafting, biblical archaeology, intersexuality, ancient jewellery, or any of the other hundred things I'm interested in at the moment

-Cake stands - I have two, and I love 'em. I'm thinking of starting a collection

-Anything related to fancy food. Pretty cupcake liners, fancy cachous, gel icing colour, mini heart-shaped tins... I love all that stuff.

Also, I've made the rash decision to cut about two feet off my hair and go vintage, so I want (and have requested):

-Caruso steam rollers

-rat-tail comb

-vented brush

-round brush

-pincurl clips

-setting lotion and hairspray, as chemical-free and hippie as possible (I found one site with promising raw vegan stuff)

-a thin leather headband

-flower clips to pin in my hair

I know DH is getting the rollers; not sure about the rest. I won't cut my hair until I've got a decent supply of stuff to style it with, though, and he's keen for me to cut it (it's been approximately hip-length in the 10 years he's known me)... so hopefully he'll get his act together! As I told him, I have to buy it anyway, so he can either get it for me as a present or he can get me other presents and I'll buy the hair stuff off my own bat. :p I'm fine either way, really... :)

For the record, I'm not expecting to get most of the stuff on the list. But one can dream. :p I'm ridiculously easy to buy for, thanks to the food thing - anything to do with eating or cooking and I'm a happy bunny. As opposed to certain other family members, one of whom had the gall to be born on December 20... She's impossible to buy for. I found two half-decent gifts for her this year and am exceptionally smug about it.

ETA: Just checked the Christmas list I gave DH. Apparently I also want a floor lamp, a bedside lamp, gift vouchers for the fabric store, and candles. Gosh, I'm greedy.

Rosemarino likes this.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#6 of 61 Old 12-02-2012, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

need badly - a new good quality chef's knife. i work trade cook a lot and cook at home from scratch too. my old knives are too dull and old. the sharpner is not keeping the sharpness for long. its causing golfers elbow and my right arm just constantly hurts. at home i have resorted to using my mandolin and making soups so i dont have to chip so much. yet now i have THREE spaghetti squashes waiting for me to chop and use. there are so many other priorities that the knife will have to wait a long while. 

as a fun item i'd to get me a proper writing ink pen. i love fountain ink pens. and some art supplies. trying here to figure out an easel with pvc so it wont be so heavy.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#7 of 61 Old 12-02-2012, 01:51 PM

I want to be able to get much needed dental work (non cosmetic.)

I want my utility bills to be completely paid.

I want a down comforter. 

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#8 of 61 Old 12-02-2012, 04:47 PM

i share the want for dental work for myself. one of these days thing will line up and i'll be able to get it. i want for us to be able to be in our own home or apartment, currently living with inlaws-which was supposed to allow us to save up $ to get a decent place to live, but this has been 3 yrs now and we have even fewer financial resources now than when we moved in here. lastly i want to be able to have a "medicine cabinet" with a few different natural remedies, colloidal siver, gse, elderberry syrup, etc. i keep reading about all these wonderful things, but we aren't yet able to use them.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#9 of 61 Old 12-02-2012, 05:46 PM

I am asking for Goodwill gift cards. I like getting more bang for the buck, and I like getting to pick out my own stuff. Win-win. biggrinbounce.gif

Rosemarino likes this.
#10 of 61 Old 12-02-2012, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)

There are a lot of thing on my long term want list (thanks a lot Pinterest...) but the top three things for me are a nice new pair of earrings, an omellete pan and a large (6+ quarts) enameled cast iron dutch oven/stockpot. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#11 of 61 Old 12-02-2012, 07:53 PM

There's kind of a lot of stuff I want, but mostly it is stuff that I/we need/will have to get eventually.

For DF to have enough time off of work to get some dental work done. He's *so* miserable, and there's not much I/we/he can do until he has at least one day off work.

A set of knives. Right now, the only knife I have is a chef's knife we got from Wal-Mart for $1.99.

A crock-pot

A bed (We haven't had one in almost 3 years. I forget what it's like, but *has* to be more comfortable than the couch/floor.)

Chairs for the dining room table

A stock pot

Some more cooking utensils (wooden spoons, whisk, baster, serving utensils, vegetable peeler, etc)

Some kind of mixer (Would *love* a stand up, but would even be happy with a handheld)

Enough coffee mugs to entertain, maybe 2 or 3 more

A roasting pan

A cake pan

Cast iron two-burner griddle/grill

A mandolin

One of those food chopper things, with the jar at the bottom, where you just push the handle down and dices/chops things.

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

#12 of 61 Old 12-02-2012, 08:19 PM

A Maserati.

lol.gif

I'll be happy with Starbucks gift cards.
34me and MrsGregory like this.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#13 of 61 Old 12-02-2012, 08:21 PM

A 24-105mm L-series camera lens.  drool.gif

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#14 of 61 Old 12-02-2012, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

gosh i need urgent dental work done too. if i cant get this molar filled within the next few weeks i'll have to have it pulled. :( still cant come up with $$$s for the molar work and i've been trying for the past 3 months. 

ah bmcneal i've spent more time as a mom sleeping on the floor instead of a bed. now we have a bed because a friend just passed on his dd's bunk bed to us.  i have had previous offers of beds but they've been too soft and painful on my back. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#15 of 61 Old 12-03-2012, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

For Christmas I want to fix whatever is making all those horrible noises in my beloved car. 

And a day with a clothing consultant. I have so few clothes and shoes. I hate buying clothes for myself, I'm such a poor decision maker.  For winter I have two pairs of shoes.  Three if I count the uncomfortable, out of date dress boots that I avoid wearing.  I have 2 pairs of jeans and two yoga pants. That's it for cold weather.

I want someone to tell me which 2 or 3 pairs of shoes I want, and from there we'll build 2 or 3 outfits.  

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#16 of 61 Old 12-03-2012, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I posted elsewhere that I wanted a new power cord for my laptop, but looking over this thread I realize that I also want a new down comforter and pillows. A Vitamix would be nice too. 

#17 of 61 Old 12-03-2012, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Hmmm, a wood carving set, a dremel, and a scroll saw. I really want to get in to making wooden toys for DS.  DH and I are only doing stockings for each other though, so I think I probably won't get any of those things! It's okay, I can wait. tea6.gif

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

#18 of 61 Old 12-03-2012, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I want a firefighter calendar, a giftcard to Starbucks, and a Victoria Secret giftcard (for bras not lingerie).
#19 of 61 Old 12-03-2012, 08:45 PM

Pie in the sky-not happening: Blendtec blender

Real life: 

New baking sheets

A glass pitcher (my old one broke this year)

Flannel sheets for our bed

A comfy, warm cardigan

I remember one year growing up my mom wanted new towels for Christmas.  I thought it was so weird at the time and she should just go get herself some towels.  I totally understand being excited about that sort of thing now.

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#20 of 61 Old 12-04-2012, 08:11 AM

I buy all my and my dc clothes at the consignment stores or goodwill. And I'm just fine with not having new clothes. But shoes is something I kind of like new, so they mold to my feet... I would love a pair of knee high leather fashion boots. All the ones I like are over $200. YIKES>

sunanthem likes this.
#21 of 61 Old 12-04-2012, 08:41 AM

• new eyeglasses
  • new shoes
  • a cordless blind for the bathroom (we have nothing covering the window now)
#22 of 61 Old 12-04-2012, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

i would like a large and roomy healthy back bag

i pored over their website for over 6 weeks agonising about which colour would work best for me

mentionned it do DH, no reaction .... ended up ordering what i wanted + 2 smaller bags for DD1 who is nearly 14 now.... am hoping the postman will drop the parcel by the end of this week ...

#23 of 61 Old 12-04-2012, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

A camera... Hoping for the Nikon D3200, I'd love to get into photography... plus I have lost/misplaced my little Nikon point and shoot this summer and I can't find it anywhere even though I shouldn't have lost it (meaning I'm really confused as to how and where I lost it considering it went from our house to my suitcase to my parents house, but it's not in my house and it never showed up at my parents...) so I've just been using my phone which actually takes decent point and shoot quality pictures. But I'd love something that takes AMAZING photos. 

That's really all I want. There's a bunch of little things I have asked for that would be nice to have but it was all family that got the list. I'm intrigued at what DH will come up with. He's ok not doing gifts but I love giving gifts and coming up with the perfect thing. So he feels like he has to do the same but honestly I should just buy my own gifts and wrap them. DH is usually good for one awesome amazing surprise gift each year. But he should just stop there ;) 

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#24 of 61 Old 12-04-2012, 11:15 AM

a fuji apple tree, a gala apple tree, and a honey crisp apple tree (and it's all or nothing, since I need them to cross-pollinate each other)

journeymom likes this.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#25 of 61 Old 12-04-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

a fuji apple tree, a gala apple tree, and a honey crisp apple tree (and it's all or nothing, since I need them to cross-pollinate each other)

*sigh*
We have no yard, but that sounds awesome.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#26 of 61 Old 12-04-2012, 12:03 PM

I don't have a big wish list.  Sure there are always things that would be nice, but honestly I'm pretty content with what I have.  Things that would definitely make me smile:

* Clothes that fit and look decent.  I just had a baby and am actually below pre-preg weight already, but I'm all weirdly shaped because of the baby belly, and I just don't have anything that fits or looks ok on me.  Hubby forced me to buy jeans yesterday after I wore maternity jeans out to dinner with him that I had to keep pulling up since they obviously don't fit me at all.

* Watercolor paints, brushes, and paper.  My goal for 2012 is to make a go of it as a painter, finally, and not just have it be my sometime-hobby.  I have some supplies, but would love to get started with a good stock of professional stuff.

* $50 knit-picks yarn order (the $50 means free shipping).  I totally don't need this at all.  I just love yarn and knitting/crocheting.

* Membership to the Fitness for $10 gym ($10/month which is totally affordable for our budget, and I could go work out with a friend of mine at 5am every morning before everyone gets up, since it's open 24-hours too!)

I honestly can't think of much else.  The stuff that means a lot to me and that I'd want more of is just time special with hubby, and for my kiddos to have a great Christmas.  We have most of their gifts already, so I think we're going to be good on that one. :)

#27 of 61 Old 12-04-2012, 12:21 PM

I want an isolation chamber that locks from the inside.

New plant hangers.  Bamboo flooring throughout the house.  That trestle table and parson chairs I've been coveting.  Jewelry.  Perfume.  New knives.  New cutting board.  New service ware.  A pretty dress or 3, and somewhere to wear them.  A bunch of lipsticks to play with.  Some plants for springtime.  My pergola built, darnit. 

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

#28 of 61 Old 12-04-2012, 12:50 PM

I'm a walking cliche in this department. I want a Kindle. Badly. I love books, and it's a bit surprising to find myself drooling over an eReader. But to be honest, after I finished 50 Shades of Grey, I started reading books that I just can NOT have the covers of in my home Bolt.gif

journeymom and BeckyBird like this.
#29 of 61 Old 12-04-2012, 02:30 PM

hahaha Shanna- that is so funny!  

OK.  I want a Bosch Univeral mixer for making bread.  I also want a border collie named Duchess.  She shall bring me my milk cow on instant command.  In a perfect world Duchess would bring me the child of my choosing on command :)  I would love a milking machine.  Yarn.  Jewelry.  Perfume (my bottle of ridiculously expensive Channel is running low and I am making that bottle last).  A family portrait.  New correlle dishes?  

journeymom likes this.

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#30 of 61 Old 12-04-2012, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

A sewing machine, a bicycle, and a lemon zester.  I think DH is getting me the sewing machine and the lemon zester.  I don't want to ask about the bicycle yet for two reasons (1) Q is too young to take on a bicycle and (2) I need to use my jogging stroller we just got before I ask for something else outdoorsy.

twins.gif M & B loving life together with Q baby.gif born 8/25/12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page