Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yup, one of my favs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 11:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

ah i am glad to see the winds changing on TWWS. 

a kind mama here warned me to be careful about my online identity as TWWS mamas were trying to locate me to report me to CPS. i think for bfeeding and cosleeping with an older child. 

i didnt want to join TWWS with what i was hearing here. and now i just dont have the time. however i wasnt curious about what they were saying about me. i get that anyways so whatever they were saying would not be new to me. 

i kinda did feel it an 'honour' that they found me celebrity enough to bitch about hide.gif. my few seconds of fame. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
Old 02-15-2013, 06:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I joined TWWS ages ago when MDC was still under heavy moderation, but never ended up hanging out there much or posting at all because although I appreciated the sensibility over there I found MDC better organized for finding actual advice on a particular topic, which is the main reason I come here.  I just filter out the woo. ;)  TWWS has even less draw for me now that the draconian mod policies are gone from MDC.

I don't have too many other message board hangouts.  I do visit mommd a fair amount but that is a very small place.  In past phases of my life I had other message board addictions (studentdoctor.net, a couple of dance forums) but those are not very relevant to me right now.  I was spending a lot of time on thebabywearer for a while there ogling everyone's pretties, but DD2 didn't like to be wrapped much after she got mobile around 10 months so I don't go there too often now.

I do follow the NYT Motherlode blog.  Other sites I like are the Atlantic, Slate, and Jezebel.  I almost never drop comments on those though.

Me, DH, DD1 (5/2009) and DD2 (10/2011).
I'm not crunchy. I'm evidence-based.

Vaccines save lives.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsCradle View Post

Not really a message board, per se, but I post a lot on Huffington Post's Parenting section.  They usually have a lot of thoughtful articles and blogs and now that DD's older I'm a little more interested in a wider variety of parenting topics.  I recently joined Trolls to spread the love, so to speak. 

I've made comments on HuffPostParents before.  It was a shock to get angry e-mail in response to what I thought of as a throw away comment--so now I just delete them without reading them. lol.gif

Old 03-01-2013, 07:17 PM

Diaperswappers.  I'm a member on thebabywearer, but haven't posted in forever.  I really haven't been around MDC much lately, either.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola View Post

I've made comments on HuffPostParents before.  It was a shock to get angry e-mail in response to what I thought of as a throw away comment--so now I just delete them without reading them. lol.gif

I had no idea they even had a parenting section there.  Interesting.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:29 PM

Huh. I love TWWS. They aren't gonna coddle anyone, but they speak their mind and they are good peoples. 

I post almost nowhere now besides random places. I have a few private boards on fb, like for 2002 mommies, but thats about it.

Mom to three boys 7/7/00 fencing.gif 11/20/02 and 10/29/2011 luxlove.gif

Writing at: http://paisleymama.blogspot.com/ and other places! 

Old 04-03-2013, 12:38 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Dang facebook, I hate that place, yet I am addicted. I have to break free!

User Tag List