Holiday dinner! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 12-22-2012, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Well, turns out we're having homemade pizza for Christmas dinner. :) Not at all traditional, but summer-friendly and extremely delish.

Not sure if that'll be for dinner or lunch, and what we'll be having for the other meal. Probably a platter with fancy cheese, chips and dip etc.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#32 of 34 Old 12-22-2012, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post

Our stuffing is super basic - bread crumbs, onion, celery, parsley, butter and seasoning (salt, pepper and poutry seasoning). I love it and could devour it by the cupful. I'm afraid I can't give you any tips, because I don't tend to like fancier stuffings (the ones with chestnuts, or dried fruit, or whatever) anywhere near as wel.

Your dinner sounds amazing.

I have never had any fancy stuffing. DF doesn't even like celery or onion in his, so usually ours is kind of plain. I don't mind, though, because I do love stuffing. I've never had/heard of putting chestnuts or fruit or anything in it, the most "fancy" I've heard of is with oysters, which I guess is kind of fancy, but doesn't suit my tastes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

Well, turns out we're having homemade pizza for Christmas dinner. :) Not at all traditional, but summer-friendly and extremely delish.

Not sure if that'll be for dinner or lunch, and what we'll be having for the other meal. Probably a platter with fancy cheese, chips and dip etc.

That all sounds really tasty! (I never think about it not being really cold/winter time everywhere for Christmas. It just doesn't compute. redface.gif But... I don't remember a lot of stuff, lately, so...)

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

#33 of 34 Old 12-22-2012, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcneal View Post

I have never had any fancy stuffing. DF doesn't even like celery or onion in his, so usually ours is kind of plain. I don't mind, though, because I do love stuffing. I've never had/heard of putting chestnuts or fruit or anything in it, the most "fancy" I've heard of is with oysters, which I guess is kind of fancy, but doesn't suit my tastes. 

I've seen quite a few recipes with dried cranberries, a few with raisins, a couple with citrus (only peels, I think - orange or lemon), and several with chestnuts or walnuts (the chestnuts are more common). Oh - and I've seen at least one with dried apricots. A lot of them have the giblets, too. I don't mind stuffing with the giblets, but I prefer it without.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#34 of 34 Old 12-24-2012, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)

Christmas Day dinner is just my husband, son and I. I always make pretty much the same thing - 

- Norwegian meatballs with dill gravy

- Mashed potatoes

- Sauteed kale with garlic and onions

- Croissant rolls

- Cranberry sauce (I usually serve lingonberries, but I couldn't find any this year)

Plus glogg to drink and cookies for dessert. 

swede likes this.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page