Looking back - Did you accomplish any of your 2012 Resolutions? (will link to 2012 resolutions thread - /t/1340333) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-02-2013, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

As I was thinking about the past year and what I hope to accomplish with this new year I took a trip back to last year's New Years thread about resolutions (you can read the thread here). It got me wondering about how many people actually commit to their resolutions and fulfill them. I find that I have big dreams and plans for the future that I try to put into a single year and I hardly ever manage to reach them - at least not the bigger ones. Is this resolution thing just a tradition we do sort of half-heartedly? Or does it really spur people on to attain what they resolve for the new year?

We have lots of members who posted in that thread who are still active members. I'm curious.  Did they  - and did you? -  accomplish resolutions of January 1 2012?  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

LOL ....none

here's what i wrote last year

- spend less time at the computer reading about cleaning/decluttering and actually DO some !

- loose 30 pounds

.... and am still at the computer whereas i "should" have gone to be about .... 4 hours ago ...

& still at the same weight ...

yet i think it's useful to set oneself some goals, even if these goals are hard to reach ...

(i did post on the 2012 in 2012 thread and got rid of 900 + things .... it just doesn't yet look like i did much .... but i plan to carry on about it ....)

+ i refined my eating plan lately, so there's hope somehow ...

cannot remember if i posted about it last year or the year before

but i was hoping to make some progress in housework & feeling not so bad about it ... this is 70% achieved i would say, ... so better than nothing ...

Old 01-02-2013, 05:43 PM

we'll see how long i'll stick to my idea to eat meat every other day only ...

so far, so good, yesterday i had mackerel from a tin

today i had ground pork at lunch and sausages at dinner

tomorrow i'm going to have a black bean + sweet corn (for color) + germinated lentils + raw dices cabbage salad for lunch

Old 01-02-2013, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I kinda covered this in the new thread, but I made a valiant and conscious effort on mine... and while I think I still technically failed at all of them, I did enough to feel they were worthwhile. That's pretty much what happens every year. I'm OK with it.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:20 AM

just heard this on french radio, from someone who wrote a book about procrastinators

=> a procrastinator is someone who takes good resolutions ... every day

User Tag List