psychic abilities - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-30-2013, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, so none of my family believe in this stuff, or believe me when I talk about it. But, I seem to know stuff before it happens.

Example. My husband has been working on a project for work. Very stressed out. And a thought popped into my head this weekend, 'I bet the project gets delayed'. I almost told my dh, but instead kept it to myself. Today, the project was to be implemented. I texted dh to ask how it went. He texted back you'll never believe this, but it got pushed back.

Stuff like that happens all the time. Imdont know if I'm just perceptive, or actually have some psychic ability. Anyone else here have the same thing, or can you yell me how I can grow this ability?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 05:36 PM

I was just thinking about this. I went to turn my cell phone off last night, like I always do, and I had this feeling that maybe I should keep it because a friend would be texting me for a favor. This friend is someone who has maybe texted me 3 times in the last year, so not often. But I thought it was a silly idea, not sure why I even though it, so I turned it off. And guess what, in the morning there was a text from her from the night before. I was in shock. But things do happen to me like this semi often. This sounds weird even saying it. I am NOT a person who believes in anything remotely "magical".

Old 02-08-2013, 12:20 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

listen to that quiet voice when it tells you to do things. 

i also think this is a stage thingy. you go thru this stage and you move up. little things like that would happen to me all the time. 

i delved into this many years ago - and then lost interest. to me its no big deal. i feel everyone has this ability. they either ignore it or refuse to acknowledge it or...

i would say explore. see where it takes you. take up any opportunities that come your way. dont let happiness define why you took up that project. go for it even if it did not work out. 

seriously just do it. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
Old 02-11-2013, 12:25 PM

Though sometimes the. voice is.not quiet it is.screaming!!! I liken it to the law of attraction. I believe things into happening, but I must be open to it, or it will not happen. I dated a guy right after my divorce, he had the name I was thinking of, wore the exact shirt i.thought of.on our first date, drove the car I was thinking of.buying. the list goes on but you get the picture. it is all attraction, think it, feel it, and it will happen.

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
Old 03-23-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriebeth View Post

Anyone else here have the same thing, or can you yell me how I can grow this ability?

Yep. Quite a few people have this ability, actually.

How to grow it? Pay attention to it. You might even want to write your dreams down, because sometimes they tell you things, as well. In any case, paying attention to it is the best way to grow it.

If others are uncomfortable with it, don't mention it to them. It's none of their business, anyway (and if you get a warning to relay to them, tell them in a way they can understand, and leave it up to them to accept or reject the warning).

Old 03-24-2013, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Random_Phrase View Post

Yep. Quite a few people have this ability, actually.

How to grow it? Pay attention to it. You might even want to write your dreams down, because sometimes they tell you things, as well. In any case, paying attention to it is the best way to grow it.

If others are uncomfortable with it, don't mention it to them. It's none of their business, anyway (and if you get a warning to relay to them, tell them in a way they can understand, and leave it up to them to accept or reject the warning).

Yes to this! I have been intuitive/psychic/other name my whole life. You can totally tune in to you psychic abilities. I would also give alone time just to meditate/think/be every day. Just let your brain turn off and let the "other" come to the foreground.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
Old 03-24-2013, 03:39 PM

I had a nightmare my son died 2 days before he was killed. Id rather not believe to be law of attraction. I should start keeping a dream journal, see what else happens.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

Old 03-24-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyBabyBird View Post

Though sometimes the. voice is.not quiet it is.screaming!!! I liken it to the law of attraction. I believe things into happening, but I must be open to it, or it will not happen. I dated a guy right after my divorce, he had the name I was thinking of, wore the exact shirt i.thought of.on our first date, drove the car I was thinking of.buying. the list goes on but you get the picture. it is all attraction, think it, feel it, and it will happen.

The problem with the law of attraction, is what about bad things? Do you believe that children who are living in poverty or squalor ( not to mention other abuse, murder) are attracting it?
Old 03-24-2013, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

or is it just your intuitive self. 

a look at what is coming up. is it creating the attraction or just a heads up 'hey this is what we have in store for you'. 

with dreams - its a complicated subject. some of course are prophetic dreams. others are just emotional workings and has nothing to do with the subject matter. i have so killed my parents in my dreams and they have tried to kill me too. many times. 

but here is a cool story that i heard first hand from a person who does not really dream much and is not into any of this kinda stuff. 

he has a series of dreams about rescuing a women from a car wreck. in minute detail night after night he saw how to extract her from her car on this twisty windy mountain road. the day after the last episode of the dream, the whole thing happened to him and kinda freaked him out. the only way he was able to pull her out was by what he saw in his dream as her car had malfunctioned. she lived and 911 got there way after he had pulled her out and before the car finally went over the edge. 

i know for a lot of people their own psychic ability is a curse and a burden to carry. it is something they dont want to have and something they dont talk about. one person i know can see disease and death in a person. she just sees it. its difficult for her to live with that. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
Old 03-24-2013, 07:39 PM

Often times that is what I see, too. Although I do not see it as a curse or burden. I appreciate my gifts although it does come with challenges.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

I've had some neat experiences. I used to really try to work to enhance it and improve my "skills" but that was largely around 17-19 years old. It takes a lot of mental energy (to do so purposefully with specific intent) and with kids and all.. I don't have much leftover mental energy to spare! Although last week I had a dream that I caught a friend's baby after a super fast labor and she had the most beautiful little girl. I woke up wondering if maybe she was pregnant. I texted her, and she announced her pregnancy :) One thing I got pretty good at was telepathically communicating emotions. I used to make a game of it with a friend. We would do this online, so we didn't have any cues. We would focus on sending an emotion, feel it in ourselves, then throw it to eachother. Even better, it wasn't like I'd say "okay, I sent you one, did you get it?" we would just be holding a normal IM conversation, then at random times just send, with no warning. I remember closing my eyes and concentrating on a semi complex one (a mixture of sad/scared) and by the time I'd opened my eyes she'd typed it, exactly. And I would take a guess whenever I suddenly felt an emotion that wasn't "mine". It was really cool! 

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw

User Tag List