Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

Old 03-25-2013, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmamalizzy View Post

1 MC @ 12 weeks, 1 healthy DD. Honestly, I don't know if I could go through another pregnancy. I spent the whole time frantically worried about loss. At one point I was so convinced I would lose the baby that I took a trip and stayed in a hotel for a few days, waiting for it. (I was living w/ my parents.). I don't think I even realized that miscarriage was a possibility until it happened.

I was the same way. When it happened to me it was such a shock. I mean I knew what miscarriage was but I guess I really didn't because I was so confused.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2013, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right of Passage View Post

4 pregnancies, 4 full term births with healthy kids, 3 living sons. Scared to have more even though I want more. Afraid my womb is tainted and Ill never be able to grow a happy baby again.

If you don't mind me asking why do you feel that way? I totally understand the feeling.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSilver View Post

Glad you started this thread, because recently I was thinking back on an abortion I had in 1991.  I was 22, living on the road with my boyfriend-- no money, no food.  I keep up a bit with 2 girls who were born before and after my child's due date.  They are both in their 20's, and in college, and it makes me sad.  I don't exactly regret my decision, but now that I have 2 daughters of my own, I don't think I could ever make that same decision again.  It was a fairly late abortion as well, in the last week of it being on-demand.  I don't know.  I am long out of that relationship and thrilled about it, but do not take that decision lightly.  :(

So, 3 known pregnancies, 2 children.  No apparent miscarriages.

I love this thread. I just like knowing that women don't just get pregnant and have babies. Our breeding years are so complicate and full of things that I had never really even imagined in my teen years. I feel like society does not acknowledge women enough in all that we go through not just during pregnancy but during these years in general.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:30 AM

I feel that way because my 2.5 year old was killed in November, grief is so hard.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

Old 03-25-2013, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

oh mama I am so sorry for your loss. 

I cannot even fathom your grief. But my heart breaks and i couldnt read and pass on by without expressing my sadness. 

before i had my dd i'd feel sad for mommies who lost their little ones. but after becoming a mommy myself - sometimes its hard to breathe. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
Old 03-25-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:

I feel that way because my 2.5 year old was killed in November, grief is so hard.

Has it been that long already?

I don't know you, but know you second-hand through Facebook friends. I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I think of you and Bram every day.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Old 03-25-2013, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I am so sorry mama. I knew that too I followed your story. Grief is really hard. We think about you and your sweet boy often. He is being rememberd by people all over the world and though we cannot help you in your grief we are all thinking of you sending love and tears your way.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been pregnant 6 times.

Had 2 healthy children born, then a 20 week stillborn, a 5 week miscarriage, and a 17 week miscarriage, and then our rainbow baby was born after a difficult pregnancy. No more babies for us.

Heather , momma to ' Parker- 10, Carlee- 7 and our baby Genevieve Faith - 8-27-10

Old 04-02-2013, 08:30 PM

I've been pregnant 6 (possibly 7 - 9) times and have 4 living children.  My first 2 pregnancies happened so quickly that I was taken aback when my body wouldn't allow a pregnancy to stick while I was hoping for a third child.  I couldn't enjoy my pregnancy with baby #3 as I was so terrified that something bad was going to happen.  I cried every night before my appointments as I was so certain that I was going to be told that my pregnancy had ended. 

Ever since my miscarriages and issues with secondary infertility, I felt odd walking around in public with a large pregnant belly.  I kept imagining that other women with fertility issues feeling upset.  I don't know why I felt like that, as I didn't really feel jealous of other mommies (unless they were awful) , but I couldn't help feeling guilty.  I was finally going to have what I always wanted - a large family - although many other deserving people couldn't even have one. 

My hubby just had a vasectomy last Thursday, so I won't be having any more children.  Although I know that we can't realistically support any more children, I still feel sad that my family is done growing. 

Old 04-12-2013, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Quote:

I couldn't see this and not respond to it directly - I'm so sorry. There are so many other things I want to say, but none of it will alleviate what you must be living with every day. So I'm just sorry. 

And I'm sorry to everyone else that has suffered the loss of children, it's just.... it's heart achingly, intensely difficult. 

I've been dancing around whether or not to respond to this thread with my own "numbers" for awhile now, and I decided to post tonight, because solidarity is a salve. 

I've had four pregnancies, with one living child. He's literally my pride and my joy. The first two were extremely early term miscarriages when I was (relatively speaking) younger (early twenties). My third miscarriage was around 13 weeks, so that one was a bit harder. My fourth pregnancy was my son - carried to term to the day and he's healthy and perfect and wonderful. Everything happens for a reason, so that's my happiness. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Old 04-29-2013, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

I've had four pregnancies, with one living child. He's literally my pride and my joy. The first two were extremely early term miscarriages when I was (relatively speaking) younger (early twenties). My third miscarriage was around 13 weeks, so that one was a bit harder. My fourth pregnancy was my son - carried to term to the day and he's healthy and perfect and wonderful. Everything happens for a reason, so that's my happiness. 

This is how I feel about my only surviving child. smile.gif
Old 04-29-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama24-7 View Post

I almost feel bad posting this.  bag.gif

Three pregnancies - three children.  I've always felt very grateful for the ease w/ which I've gotten pregnant & carried children.  I really find it amazing since my body is so incredibly unwell.

Sus

This was me right down to the unwell part till Feb when I lost my fourth pregnancy at 4wks... Now I'm scared that this will be my new pattern...

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
Old 04-29-2013, 08:11 PM

2 pregnancies, 2 healthy and happy boys. Glad we're done having babies because pregnancy is nerve wracking for me. Once you know a friend or family member who has suffered a loss, you don't view pregnancy the same way. I remember a co-worker saying she was worried about the BABY part of having a child and that being pregnant was the easy part. I've always been worried about the pregnancy part and feel much more peaceful with my babies out if my womb, healthy and strong where I can see them.

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

Old 04-30-2013, 08:49 AM

5 pregnancies, 2 living children

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
Old 04-30-2013, 09:30 AM

12 pregnancies: 6 healthy boys, 6 miscarriages. I never assume that BFP = healthy full term baby anymore greensad.gif.

Tabitha ~ devoted wife to my best friend Stephen ribbonyellow.gif and gentle Christian mom to six DSs: notes.gif E - 2/09/00REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifA - 3/05/03superhero.gifA- 6/05/06 guitar.gif H- 2/07/08 jog.gif J - 11/14/10 bouncy.gif T - 8/23/12 + stork-suprise.gif due 9/20/14!  brokenheart.gif DD Janae 10/19/09 angel2.gif
Old 04-30-2013, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-O View Post

12 pregnancies: 6 healthy boys, 6 miscarriages. I never assume that BFP = healthy full term baby anymore greensad.gif.

greensad.gifgreensad.gif
Old 05-07-2013, 07:39 PM

2 pregnancies, 2 children (both conceived on the first try). I get my good fertility from my dad's side (Sicilian). My mom had a hysterectomy when i was 3 so i became the youngest (2 older brothers). She had always dreamt of having 6 kids so i know it must have been really hard for her.

My grandmothers have both lost babies right after they were born. I dont know the particular details, like maybe one or two were stillborn whereas others died of other causes when they were a week or two old. They both have lost 2 babies and whats trippy to me is that my parents were both the babies in between the losses (a loss then my mom/dad then another loss). They both come from big families (8 and 6 kids). I've always wondered how hard it must have been on my grandmothers but i've never been close to them so i dont know. My family history has definitely made it impossible to take my good fortune for granted.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:41 PM

3 pregnacies.  3 miscarriages.

~T | head-strong ap mama to 2 fur-kids | TTC since 2001 | remembering 8/00, 5/04, 1/07 & fur-kids, Apollo (04/03-12/09), Bella (04/06-06/12) & Keevah (06/03-04/14)
Old 05-08-2013, 07:45 PM

i have been pregnant 10 times, i have 6 children. dd #1, then a miscarriage at 18 weeks, ds#1, ds#2, ds#3, ds#4, 2 miscarriages in a row at about 8 weeks each, dd#2 and recently had another miscarriage at about 4 weeks.

when i had my first i was horribly sad, but i felt like this sometimes happens, now after the last 3, i keep wondering... what is the matter with my body? i know i can carry a baby, i have done it 6 times, but i still wonder. and it is so sad, because people don't acknowledge them, it is like they never were. and people say stupid stuff. i love them all as soon as i knew i was pregnant. 

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Old 05-09-2013, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post

when i had my first i was horribly sad, but i felt like this sometimes happens, now after the last 3, i keep wondering... what is the matter with my body? i know i can carry a baby, i have done it 6 times, but i still wonder. and it is so sad, because people don't acknowledge them, it is like they never were. and people say stupid stuff. i love them all as soon as i knew i was pregnant. 

I I know exactly what you mean! <3

I always think of making some website that keeps information and stories of losses and helps people to remember birthdays and so on. I hate how people don't remember. Even if it was people I didn't know who acknowledged my children I lost it would be better than nothing.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:47 PM

3 times. I had my first child. Then I accidentally got pregnant twice after that (pull out method failed twice on me so now I learned my lesson). I tried to induce miscarriages both times (tried everything that I could get my hands on including herbs, acupuncture, etc.), but could not induce the miscarriages, so I had 2 abortions.

Traditional & nutrient-dense foods/Weston A. Price Foundation advocate, Reiki II practitioner, EFT practitioner, past life & life between lives Hypnotherapist practitioner. Home birth with DD 2007 = never vaccinated, breastfed 3 years

Old 11-06-2014, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
I know this thread is old, but I happened across it looking for something else. Update for me: I have now been pregnant 3 times, and have 2 living children. I miscarried about 8 weeks along between my son and daughter.

User Tag List