Need practical joke tricks for upcoming cabin vacation - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-25-2013, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thought you all can help me. We are looking forward to 4 nights at a cabin, and youngest dd and I are plotting against older dd and dh. Hee hee! We are looking for ideas of jokes that are not too over the top or create too big of a mess, but will serve to make some good memories.

I already have ordered some plastic bugs, and an Annoy-a-tron. My oldest is 12 and still kinda scared of the dark so I don't want to be mean. Just little annoying things. 

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#2 of 7 Old 09-25-2013, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
One year for April Fool's I wrapped everything DH uses in the morning in plastic wrap, individually. His shampoo, razor, deodorant, toothbrush, wallet, keys, phone, coffee cup ... everything. It was pretty funny watching him have to undo everything before he could use it.

For the kids, I made what looked like grilled cheese sandwiches and juice, but was really toasted poundcake with orange-tinted frosting, served with jello in juice glasses (so when they tried to drink it, it wouldn't pour).

My kids got a huge kick out the the trick where you have someone trace around a quarter with a pencil, then bet them they can't roll the quarter down their nose and have it land in the same spot (they end up with a black pencil line down their face).

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#3 of 7 Old 09-25-2013, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, Limabean! You are serious about April fools!! Awesome.

Once I told my dad there was a man dressed as a clown standing in our yard (it was late at night). I guess that would not be a good joke for a kid whose afraid of the dark!!

You could make up an animal that you are trying to get a photo of, such as the elusive "Tree Penguin" or something like that LOL.

Sorry, I don't have very good ideas!!!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#4 of 7 Old 09-25-2013, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
On a school camp once we sewed up the sleeves and pant legs of a teachers pyjammas. If you do the seam an inch or so back from the cuff it's not very visible... Until they try to put their arm/leg through.

Also cornflakes(or some other crunchy cereal) inside their pillow case. And short sheet the bed.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#5 of 7 Old 09-25-2013, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

hee hee! I can't wait to try some of these out. I think I will also have a variation of something I did for dh for April Fool's Day. On that day I kept randomly moving things after he set them down. He thought he was going crazy. Maybe I will make him think he forgot to pack his toothbrush or underwear. Of course after he looks all over for it in his bag and can't find it, he will find it there later.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#6 of 7 Old 09-28-2013, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

I have installed the annoy-a-tron in our bedroom/office and so far dh has not mentioned it. I have heard it beep several times. Not sure if he's tuning it out, assuming it's from a watch in someone's drawer, or has a hearing problem . . . 

#7 of 7 Old 09-28-2013, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katelove View Post
And short sheet the bed.

:yeah  This thread reminds me of the guy I had a crush on in high school & his mom was my dad's gf so she'd let me in the house to play jokes on him.  I short sheeted his bed & I think it was almost as fun doing it as it was knowing I'd pulled a joke on him!

I don't have any additional ideas; the above was the only one that came to mind.  I'll keep thinking though.  I've subbed because this thread made me :D!

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page