Stocking Stuffers! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

#91 of 94 Old 11-23-2014, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I was able to find some beard care products for DH. He's never tried them before, so I hope it's a hit. I'll probably do some chocolates and other little munchies. He enjoyed the Jack Daniel's flavored nuts I put in his stocking last year. Maybe some more of those, though I try to change it up a bit every year.
I've found quite a few nice things for the kids. Both are getting a small schleich figure and a hotwheel. Some hello kitty stuff for DD and a play mobil figure for DS.

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 94 Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So far, I have multi-coloured electrical tape for all the kids, as well as a Bic 4-colour pen (these have been a standard fixture in family stockings since I was a kid).

I've also picked up some LED flashlights for each of the kids. I got htem in a package, so I may give the extra one to dh. DD1 and ds2 are also getting yo-yos.

For dh, I've picked up some assorted twine/string, some electrical tape, an eyeglass repair kit and some two-part epoxy. (DH likes to have that around the house, but he threw out the remnants of his old pack when we moved in June.)

Now that I'm done at the hardware store, I'll hit Michaels, the music store (strings, picks and maybe some guitar polish, etc. for dh and/or ds1), and the grocery store (for food and toiletry items).

I haven't got the stockings completely planned out, but I'm mostly on track now, I think.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#93 of 94 Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post
I'm completely stumped on what to get husband this year, but this reminded me I should pick up a couple of minis of Johnnie Walker Black Label.

I'm thinking DIY/new home owner type stuff - he needs a pair of work gloves, so definitely those. And maybe Duct tape and I don't know what else...
Everybody has different needs, but in DIY/handyman/whatever area, I've given dh a lot of different tapes (electrical, duct, masking, etc.), string/twine/rope, outlet extenders (got a package of five for a good price, and he put them all to good use), a thermometer...there was something else, but it's not coming to mind. I may pick him up a multi-pack of twist ties this year, but may give them to him ahead of Christmas, to help hang lights.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#94 of 94 Old Today, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post
Everybody has different needs, but in DIY/handyman/whatever area, I've given dh a lot of different tapes (electrical, duct, masking, etc.), string/twine/rope, outlet extenders (got a package of five for a good price, and he put them all to good use), a thermometer...there was something else, but it's not coming to mind. I may pick him up a multi-pack of twist ties this year, but may give them to him ahead of Christmas, to help hang lights.
Oh the outlet extenders is a good idea! We have awkwardly placed outlets in some rooms, so it's hard to get everything plugged in.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page