Christmas gifts? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-28-2013, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So - not as inspired as usual this year. Last year, we had the big win with the blacksmithing lessons for ds1, and the ear piercing for dd1. This year...not sure.

We've bought a new guitar for ds1, and he also (oddly, imo, but it's what he likes, not what I like!) wants a set of wooden clothes hangers. That will mostly cover him.

DD1 really wants Monster High dolls and/or a FurReal pet. I kinda hate both of these, but will probably get the "pet" and then something else. We're thinking a microscope, and then I'll get a set or two of prepared slides to go with it.

Other than a big Meccano set, we're mostly stumped for ds2. DD2 will probably get a bunch more Lego (although she's asking specifically for Lego Friends).

What do you all have on your lists?

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

We're almost done here, but I have a few things left to get - mostly husband's stuff. 

Little Man - Radio Flyer wagon, a bunch of books, a Lego Duplo set and a wooden train set from Ikea. I also wanted to get him a Cabbage Patch doll with doll bed, but we're already over three gifts as it is, so we'll save that for another occasion - probably his next birthday.

Husband - he wants Season 1 and 2 of the BBC Sherlock series, some video games and a nice bottle of aquavit or Johnnie Walker Black Label Whiskey, and some board games. I'll probably get him a board game, the DVDs and aquavit and put the Johnnie Walker into his stocking in mini form. 

In laws - they get various Shutterfly gifts - calendars, photo books, prints, and mousepads. Those are all done, except for one calendar that I still need to order this weekend. I get them throughout the year with free codes. :-)

My nieces are both really into American Girl dolls, and my sister says that they'd really like the cat and dog pets for their dolls. So we're going to get those. And I always like to give books, but they're at the age where they like to pick them out themselves, so they will also each get a $5 Barnes & Noble gift card. That's enough for a kid's book right? Or should I do $10? I buy all of our books second hand, so I have no idea what retail prices are these days... 

The only other kid attending Christmas this year is my husband's youngest cousin, who just started high school this year. He's big into hockey, so we'll get him a $25 Visa gift card that he can toward gear, which is not cheap. The rest of my husband's cousins and their kids are skipping Christmas this year (and yes, it is causing major family drama) so we don't have to buy for them... so that's basically it. 

I am planning on making some soy wax candles at hostess gifts for my sister, MIL and aunt-in-law, who are hosting the various family functions this year. I've been saving my Better Than Bouillion jars all year (they are the perfect containers to upcycle into fancy jar candles) and I've already got soy wax, candle scent and wicks in my crafting kit, so those are going to be free! I do want to keep my eyes peeled at the thrift shops for a cheap-o double boiler though, which I can use just for crafting. I'm always skeevy about using my regular kitchen stuff on non-edibles. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Old 11-28-2013, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

I need to get back to making candles. I haven't made them in about a decade...just haven't had the kitchen space to get all my materials out. I really enjoyed doing them, and they were one of the few semi-crafty things I was reasonably competent at.

I forgot about my mom and in-laws. The kids always make something for them, and I haven't even figured out what we're going to do this year, let alone getting supplies and actually starting the project. Since we need to mail the in-law gifts to the US, I don't want to wait around too long on that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

so they will also each get a $5 Barnes & Noble gift card. That's enough for a kid's book right? Or should I do $10? I buy all of our books second hand, so I have no idea what retail prices are these days... 

I honestly have no idea. Five dollars wouldn't be enough in Canada, but there's a ridiculous upcharge when you buy books in Canada, as opposed to the US.

The rest of my husband's cousins and their kids are skipping Christmas this year (and yes, it is causing major family drama) so we don't have to buy for them... so that's basically it. 

Why is there family drama about this stuff?? I just don't get it. Families need to make the choices that work for them. My family quit the gift exchange between the adults (ie. my parents, godmother, and me and my siblings and siblings-in-law) a few years ago. I didn't like it, as I enjoyed that exchange, but it wsn't working for anyone, except me, so it went by the wayside. That's life, yk?

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Old 11-28-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post

Why is there family drama about this stuff?? I just don't get it. Families need to make the choices that work for them. My family quit the gift exchange between the adults (ie. my parents, godmother, and me and my siblings and siblings-in-law) a few years ago. I didn't like it, as I enjoyed that exchange, but it wsn't working for anyone, except me, so it went by the wayside. That's life, yk?

Oh no, I didn't mean they were skipping Christmas as in not participating in gift giving - they are actually not physically attending the family Christmas. We don't do gift exchanges with the adults, and only buy for the kids anyway. Everyone is upset about the fact that they're not coming because it's literally the one time all year that the entire family gets together. And now if they don't show up, we won't have that. So it's more about hurt feelings that people are going to miss seeing those that aren't there. They say (it's three of the cousins with their respective spouses) that it's "too stressful" to attend a big family celebration and want to celebrate "privately" at home - which everyone was okay with, until it came out that they didn't cancel their attendance at their in-law's family celebrations. So our side of the family just feels cut off for no good reason. Me personally, I feel pretty "whatever" about it, but some relatives are pretty hurt and disappointed, and I can completely understand why. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Old 11-28-2013, 09:59 PM
A&A

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

Oh no, I didn't mean they were skipping Christmas as in not participating in gift giving - they are actually not physically attending the family Christmas. We don't do gift exchanges with the adults, and only buy for the kids anyway. Everyone is upset about the fact that they're not coming because it's literally the one time all year that the entire family gets together. And now if they don't show up, we won't have that. So it's more about hurt feelings that people are going to miss seeing those that aren't there. They say (it's three of the cousins with their respective spouses) that it's "too stressful" to attend a big family celebration and want to celebrate "privately" at home - which everyone was okay with, until it came out that they didn't cancel their attendance at their in-law's family celebrations. So our side of the family just feels cut off for no good reason. Me personally, I feel pretty "whatever" about it, but some relatives are pretty hurt and disappointed, and I can completely understand why. 

My extended family changed Christmas.......they are celebrating on a different date, one we can't attend because dh will be working.  That leaves me with fewer presents to buy, too.  Oh well. 

Kitchensqueen, if you're going to do a Barnes and Noble gift card, I'd do at least $10.  

I don't know what to get dh.  He likes to fish, so maybe I'll get him some gear.

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
Old 11-28-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&A View Post

My extended family changed Christmas.......they are celebrating on a different date, one we can't attend because dh will be working.  That leaves me with fewer presents to buy, too.  Oh well. 

Kitchensqueen, if you're going to do a Barnes and Noble gift card, I'd do at least $10.  

Ugh, that sucks. What is the deal with that? Most of us literally only get Christmas day off work anymore, Christmas Eve a half day if we're lucky... changing the date off of those two days can be really hard! 

$10, really? Now that I think of it though, most magazines cost around five bucks a pop these days, so a book would have to be more. Oy. Inflation. I'm starting to feel old - I swear I bought paper "chapter books" for two or three dollars when I was in grade school! 

Old 11-28-2013, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

I don't know if it was the same in the US, but the price of paperbacks absolutely skyrocketed in Canada about...15 years ago? I think they doubled (maybe more) over the span of about 2-3 years. I was buying a lot of books back then, and just couldn't do it, anymore.

I have paperbacks in my collection with a cover price of $0.95.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

It'll be good for me to write all this down!

DD - Already bought: Where's Waldo?, the boxed set of Little House on the Prairie books (why do we always call them that? It's the second one. Strange. So's The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, by which title the Narnia books are sometimes collectively known, but it was at least published first...) The Frances books.

Planned: A homemade Wonder Woman costume; two other homemade dresses.

DS - Already bought: Toddler-size coffee mug.

Planned: Apron

DH - Already bought: A marketing book off his Amazon wishlist. Cufflinks, which I bought in a panic while mystery shopping and may not give him, because he doesn't have any cuff-linkable shirts.

Planned: A manly apron machine-embroidered with spanners, a gun etc. I actually started this years ago for another Christmas or birthday, and never finished it... Also Cooking for Geeks.

Mum - Bill Bryson book, One Summer. She loves him and hasn't read that one. Pretty washi tape.

Dad - Nothing yet, planning to do garden vouchers at his request, plus a Japanese metal interlocking puzzle thing.

MIL - Owl-shaped baking tin (she collects owls)

Sister #1 - Neat steampunky/anatomical art prints.

Sister #4Miss Manners' Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior

Sister #5 -  A handmade Etsy book like River Song's TARDIS diary

My (nuclear) family in general - Anomia board game

My family (of origin) in general - Quiddler card game

Friend who does burlesque, modelling and vintagey stuff and has just gotten into baking -  Cookie cutters shaped like corsets, high heels, dresses and the like, in a sequinny fabric gift bag made from a hand-me-down T0shirt

Other friend who would appreciate it - Parables of a Country Parson (sadly, not available under its original and much better title The Millionaire and the Scrublady)

Friend who loves Buffy -  T-shirt with "Guns Don't Kill People, Joss Whedon Kills People" on it

Whoever wants them - Homemade vanilla essence, once I can find some nice cheap glass bottles to put it in

That leaves FIL, SIL, BIL,  two more sisters and several friends, plus stockings for DH, DD and DS and another 'real' present or two for DS. Some of the friends might get homemade fudge or truffles. There are a few people who warrant thank-you-type gifts as well. They'll probably get food too.

ETA: Wow! If I want to buy a decent paperback book here in New Zealand, it's usually $25-$30 easily. I've started buying off the Book Depository, which sometimes brings the total down to $15 or even $13... and I found Ender's Game for $9, which seemed like a minor miracle. You guys get them CHEAP!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:10 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Search amazon for a general list price of books.  kids books are more than $5 and sometimes more than $10 depending on what the kid is reading. Preschool books you can probably get a 8*8 book for $5, anything that is a new release for a chapter reader and above is goign to be closer to $15-$25 just depending on the book etc.

*I have a heavy reader.. even with half price books, the cost of reading is $$$$.  yes we use the lbrary too.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

Old 11-29-2013, 03:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I don't have to buy for many people but here is the list

DH - the new Peter Robinson book, the new Andy McNab book (books are $20-30 here too. I use bookdepository.co.uk almost exclusively now). I usually get him a chocolate orange but he is off all sweets since his stroke so not this year. He also wants a little adaptor/car charger thingy so he can use his phone to play music through the car radio.

DD1/2 - a wooden dolls house which I bought in April because it was a gazillion % off. Also my dad is making them a play kitchen as their present from them so I will make some oven mitts to go with that. I had a set of pots and utensils as well but my brother rang the other day and said the SIL was at the shops and would a set of pots and play food be a good present from them and I panicked and said yes. So I'll see what it comes with and fill any gaps with my set them give the rest to someone else with a play kitchen.

DD1 - there is a wooden, tiered cake stand with cakes and pastries in the local Eco toy shop which she would just love. I'm planning to get that but haven't been in yet.

DD2 - I've bought a few wooden puzzles as I've seen them so probably one of two of those. Maybe some books. Maybe something from the Eco shop if I see something I think she'll like. She's only one so it's a bit tricky.

My parents/my brother/SIL - homemade, rectangular casserole/lasagne dish carriers. And a thing we called "A Year of Food" last time we did it. It is a booklet with a page for each month and on each page is a description of the food item we'll provide that month. Last time we did things like homemade soup and bread for the winter solstice, a container of homemade muesli, chicken pies etc. It went over really well and spreads the effort and cost out over the year. We did it the year before last so I think it can stand to be done again.

And, that's it really. DH will send calendars to his siblings (their tradition) and I will try to make something small for DD1's Sunday School teacher. Oh, and DH is planning to make some food treats for his 3 colleagues and I said I would do fabric baskets to put them in.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

Old 11-29-2013, 08:05 AM

I love reading what other peoples' kiddos are into, especially when they are the same age as mine..

Most of my shopping is done- adults don't exchange gifts in my family, so we focus on the kids and donating to various charities.

13yo DD- iPhone 5c. That will be her only gift from me and DH, she'll get 3 things from "Santa"- probably a gc to Hollister, a bunch of rubber bands for her loom bracelet thing, and some yarn (she crochets and knits)

10yo DD- iPad mini. Again, only 1 big gift from me and DH. Her Santa stuff- a beeswax candle rolling kit, an outfit (this girl is obsessed with clothing), and probably a book

8yo DS- Wii u from us, and Santa will bring the Skylanders stuff to go with it. He's easy this year.

4yo DD- a bunch of Plan Toys blocks and animals, Hoehner musical instrument box, Green Tones beginner drum kit, butterfly wings and butterfly mask (love Magic Cabin), carpenters tools set with belt, one plastic toy set she saw at Costco and went nuts over :eyesroll, crayon rocks, and I think that's it. No big gift, but all quality stuff except for the plastic toy thing.

Santa is bringing the Hape Quadrilla Loop de Loop for all the kids. I have been waiting for DD to be old enough for marbles. I'm super excited about this one!!

I sort of miss the days when they all played with toys- it was so much fun to shop for toys :)  But it's way easier now that the bigger 3 are into electronics. At least I still get to do stockings with fun stuff.

DH got an astro turf putting green installed in the backyard last summer and I told him that it's going to function as his Christmas present for the rest of his life. No joke. So no presents for him.

We will probably get my parents a nice gc to a restaurant, even though we technically don't exchange gifts. And maybe a picture of all the kids for his mom (she lives out of state). This year we're going to serve a meal at the local homeless shelter and will probably bring a bunch of craft supplies and have 13yo and 10yo DD do a craft there with the littler kids.

All 12 of the younger kids teachers are getting big bags of Lindt truffles. Teachers deserve chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate. And booze. But I can't give that as a gift to public school teachers ;)

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

Old 11-29-2013, 11:36 AM

Ordered a few gifts online today - 

Husband - went with a board game and PS3 game. Still planning on buying the Aquavit too. 

Nieces - got the American Girl pets... they were more expensive than I thought, so I'm skipping the gift cards for books. But I do have some Hello Kitty stuff in my gift bin for them already as well. 

Old 11-29-2013, 07:46 PM

Sorted through my gift bin and found some things I accumulated earlier this year to make gift bags for my nieces- 

- Seed "book pages" (my sister just bought her first house, so they want to their own gardens).

- Hello Kitty note pads

- Hello Kitty covered bowls

- Hello Kitty plates

So they'll get that with the American Girl pets, in lieu of the gift cards. 

I also ordered the last Shutterfly calendar that I needed. 

So all that's left - 

- Aquavit for husband

- $25 Visa gift card for nephew

- 2 mini Johnnie Walker Black Labels for husband's stocking

- Candy for husband's and Little Man's stockings

Plus I always make a handmade gift for Little Man each year, though I haven't figured out what it should be yet. Maybe a sewn Hot Wheels travel car carrier for his stocking?

And then I think that's it...

Old 12-03-2013, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

So, as it stands, I think I'm doing:

DH: Not entirely sure, and he may read this (if I leave it up by accident), but I have a couple ideas.

DS1: He may also read it, but I think he's getting what we currently have for his big gift, and the probably an assortment of new sketchbooks (different sizes) and some wood clothes hangers for his other two.

DD1: Microscope with some accessories (slide prep kits, prepared slides), Settlers of Cataan, and probably the FurReal friend she wants.

DS2: Meccano "super" construction set, board game (probably Ticket to Ride), and...haven't decided for sure on his other gift yet.

DD2: Lego set (maybe Lego Friends, but maybe just more regular Lego), and...yeah - not sure. She's pretty easy going. I may get her more paper and markers and stuff. She spends probably 3-4 hours a day drawing stories.

They'll each get a new set of PJs on Christmas Eve, as well (well, ds1 will probably get a robe). I also have to stuff their stockings. I'm way behind this year.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:56 PM

I think I'm done now... picked up a bottle of North Shore Aquavit today for husband's final gift. And I'm just waiting for the final Shutterfly calendar to arrive in the mail. Oh wait, I'm not done. Dang it! I have to sew up Little Man's travel car carrier for his Hot Wheels. But that's the last thing! I might even be able to just whip that up this weekend... so done in the first week of December? Amazing! 

Old 12-08-2013, 12:53 AM

DD1 - a yellow ipod touch, 2 leotards ( blue and red), burgundy combat boots, and several clothing items i got for sale in black friday, tickets for cirque, a book ( not sure what book though) or i would just give her a giftcard from barnes and nobles

DD2 - tap shoes, dance wear, 2 monster high dolls, black combat boots, a bycicle, an ipod shuffle, and some clothing items aswell

DD3 ( twin):  ball, clubs, ribbon and hoop, new competition leotard, art supplies, judy moody box set 

DD4 ( twin): dance wear, a tea set, judy blume's fudge box set

Twins: my dh has been working on a dollhouse for them for months so thats the big present they're getting that they will share

DD5 - no idea 

DS - nothing he is a baby he wont know, probably clothes and small toys but im not sure yet 

They will all be sharing a WiiU with some games plus they will all get a onesie (yes) on christmas eve. 

Sissa & Jeff hug2.gif - together since 1997 

Mia (13) hippie.gifLulu (8) loveeyes.gif Mimi and Lorry (6) fencing.gifBarbs (3) moon.gif and Leon ( 7/3/13) babyboy.gif

Old 12-08-2013, 08:04 AM

Every year I promise myself to shop early, and every single year it's December and I'm scrambling! 

Both kids are getting a rescue puppy (a small toy-breed) we have three big, happy, slobbery dogs on our homestead and they are my children's dress up-companions but both DD and DS have been itching/begging for a toy-breed. And we found the perfect rescue one *shrug* so we are thinking that would make their dreams come true this Christmas. That's a big gift for both of them, and I'm going to have my friend knit some outfits for the pup too. 

They are also both getting matching canvas backpacks (from Imagine Childhood) and walking sticks. In the packs I'm putting compasses, nature guides, jars for specimens, pocket magnifers etc all for exploring/hiking. I put a lot of thought into making these awesome + made little felted patches for each pack so I'm excited! We play outside a lot here, and I know they will be used for years to come...

Those are the kids I'm most excited for. Each will get a few quality toys they have been wishing for, and I always load up on new art supplies for the winter. My family is going to be getting kids subscriptions to Kiwi Crate & the Breyer Horse club and I'm super excited for that. I love Christmas! We tend to splurge and spoil but it's once a year and it's well planned so it makes me happy. 

DH is getting art lessons, a massage, fun stocking stuffers (guitar picks, NPR map etc) and I got him some vintage Lego sets I scoured Ebay for, and some tech-y type gifts. 

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
Old 12-13-2013, 01:21 PM

Both of my boys are big gamers and there were a TON of games on their lists so they'll be getting a lot of video games, each is also getting a Marvel lego set and some comic books since they both love superheros right now. I'm still looking for some small stocking stuffers.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACarter View Post

they both love superheros right now. I'm still looking for some small stocking stuffers.

They have super hero stuff at Target One Spot right now - that stuff makes for excellent stocking stuffers. 

Old 12-13-2013, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)

I mentioned this in the another thread, but way too good to not post here:  DS1 and DS2 are getting glass jellyfish and octopus ornaments!  http://www.department56.com/products/ProductDetail.aspx?item=4032255&ms=SCHRES&ts=12%2f13%2f2013+8%3a00%3a36+PM&cat=ALL&subcat=ALL&filter=ALL&himg=1&pg=1&searchpc=SCH&si=cxrpb145dru1mz45lbyxld45&totalpages=1&srctyp=SCH&keywords=octopus (can't find link to jellyfish)  These made me stupidly happy.

Also got their girlfriends really cool socks (tree frogs for one, cats for the other) and a cute ornament apiece.

Other DS1 and DS2 gifts:  socks (yes, I know, but these are just heathery warm ones, no patterns), heavy lined shirts (more barn coats, really) that DH and I found on clearance at LL Bean, a couple of books and DVDs.

DH asked for a nice belt and some wool pants; pants are here, belt is on its way.

Cashmere sweater in a really nice, classic red for my mother.

Earrings for me -- DH bought the pair I've wanted for almost two years when we were in the Big City last week -- and promptly squirreled them away somewhere, so I have to wait.  ("Where are my earrings?"  "What earrings?")

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), and an overachieving mother (1930). Married to DH since 1986.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
DS9:
--Lego police set (that's what he asked Santa for)
--Skylanders game for Xbox (he asked for Giants, but that was months ago and I think there's a newer version out -- can any gamers recommend if I should go with Giants or get the new one?)
--A few books & a DVD
--This Lego-type thing that uses light-up blocks (from his sister)
--A Lego watch (he's very into Lego!!)
--Lots of stocking stuffers

DD5:
--A Rudolph stuffed animal with a light-up nose (that's what she asked Santa for)
--A Sophia the First dress-up dress and tiara
--A few books & a DVD
--A Lego set
--A Hello Kitty wallet
--Something called Magic Doodle (from her brother)

Now that I've written it out, I realize that she has one more gift than he does. Maybe I'll put the wallet in her stocking.

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
Old 12-14-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limabean View Post

DS9:
--Lego police set (that's what he asked Santa for)
--Skylanders game for Xbox (he asked for Giants, but that was months ago and I think there's a newer version out -- can any gamers recommend if I should go with Giants or get the new one?)
--A few books & a DVD
--This Lego-type thing that uses light-up blocks (from his sister)
--A Lego watch (he's very into Lego!!)

DD5:
--A Rudolph stuffed animal with a light-up nose (that's what she asked Santa for)
--A Sophia the First dress-up dress and tiara
--A few books & a DVD
--A Lego set
--A Hello Kitty wallet
--Something called Magic Doodle (from her brother)

Now that I've written it out, I realize that she has one more gift than he does. Maybe I'll put the wallet in her stocking.

The new Skylanders thing is called SwapForce- I'm not entirely sure, but am fairly certain that some of the Giants will not work on the SF platform, and vice-versa. They do have it printed on the back of the boxes which ones are compatible with which platform, so you might want to double check before buying.

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

Old 12-15-2013, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I found this pretty useful when working out which skylanders figures work with which game

http://skylanderscharacterlist.com/ It looks like things have moved on with the swap force game and the old figures & portals will not work.

After reading some reviews of swap force we opted to buy the giants pack. It seemed several people were having problems with the portal not always working, this was on the wii, but may be something to look at before deciding.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Thanks so much for the Skylanders help! This will be our first Skylanders anything, so there won't be an issue of compatibility in our house. I'll check reviews before deciding.

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
Old 12-16-2013, 10:45 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleeZoo View Post

All 12 of the younger kids teachers are getting big bags of Lindt truffles. Teachers deserve chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate. And booze. But I can't give that as a gift to public school teachers ;)

:lol  Oh, I have given bottles of wine to teachers before.

User Tag List