December -- What did you accomplish today? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-29-2013, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Everything is done except for the baking... seven o'clock bedtime sounds good to me tonight! 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2013, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)

Dragging today, but some progress:

- checked transactions with our banks online, transferred some money to DS2

- swept some slushy mucous off our car

- took my mother to a medical appointment

- purged a few books and some clothes

- hunted through my button box for black buttons I don't have

- packed up and froze some leftovers for DH's lunches

- made kielbasa cabbage soup for dinner

- purged a bunch of recipe clippings that I don't and won't use

- spent way too much time trying to figure out substitute proportions of gelatin / flour for thickening -- anyone?

- threw a quick dinner together for DS2

- kept the fire going

- kept the sink empty

Still want to:

- make DS2 some shepherd's pie; he's nocturnal on breaks, and I want some easy-to-heat comfort food for him

- do some needlework

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), and an overachieving mother (1930). Married to DH since 1986.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:13 PM

Um, so work was a cluster of doom. The fact that I had the willpower to do anything else at all today is at miracle level. And part of me feels like a complete idiot for saying that, because I just got a promotion (which I should be grateful for without the complaining) and I totally knew what I was getting myself into. But my god, this adjustment period is hard! I still have my old job stuff, plus some new things I have to learn for my new role, and it's just A LOT happening at once. But I digress... 

- Stopped at Carsons and used a gift card to buy myself some new yoga pants since husband bought me a 10 card for yoga classes at our park district as part of my Christmas present. So excited about it - it's something I've been wanting to do, but have found every excuse under the sun not to sign up myself. 

- Stopped at Old Navy for new shirts - got half a dozen long-sleeved t-shirts, which I can either wear to yoga, or dress up for the office with cardigans and jewelry. Win! Also found a cute pair of deer earrings on clearance. I have a thing for woodland animals. 

- Spent some time reading Saveur magazine with Little Man (his request - we might have a little foodie in the making). 

- Poured myself a glass of wine. 

- Worked for an hour (groan...). 

And now I will finish my wine and read my new magazines for a short while and be in bed by 10! Yay - go me! 

How's everyone else faring?

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Old 12-31-2013, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You've been busy, KQ!

Today I finally made it out of bed, she was SO RESTLESS. I'm guessing teeth, but not sure.

Read my Bible
Hung out in Pinterest, found a recipe for Thieves oil, SCORE.
Checked emails
Made most of a cheese ball for the family get together next door tonight
Cleaned the kitchen before and after
Finally talked to my Mom this week
Took a shower
Got the girl down for a nap

Still Need To
Finish the cheese ball
Give her a bath
Fix my hair and makeup
Straighten
Throw my stuff to take with together
Pay til Ana or I drop. Likely before 8. Hehe

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

Old 01-01-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKoehn View Post

You've been busy, KQ!

Hahahaha - I know! And now I'm tired! Husband and I are watching the Winter Classic hockey game on tv while Little Man naps, and it's the perfect winter day - it's snowing tons, the Christmas decorations are still up and it's all warm and cozy. 

Nonetheless, did a few things - 

- Made beans and franks for lunch. 

- Ordered some things online from Victoria's Secret with a gift card husband got me for Christmas. 

- Read through my deals blogs. 

- Printed some coupons. 

Going to clip and organize my coupons for grocery shopping tomorrow while watching the game. And after Little Man is up from his nap, I think we're all going to bundle up and go play in the snow for a little while - it's super cold so we'll probably only stay out for 15-20 minutes, but enough for a tour around on the sled. Then hot chocolate and cookies to warm us back up! 

User Tag List