Worst Christmas Gift thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 63 Old 01-09-2014, 01:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday Girl View Post

I received an order from amazon. There was no name but I am fairly certain it was from my MIL. Three books: Ms. Manners guide to excruciatingly correct behavior, don't behave like you live in a cave (a book on how to behave for my children), and a book on budgeting.  gee thanks. This was after we went to her house on thanksgiving so she could finally meet her 21 month old grandchild for the first time.(we live 40 minutes away) She ignored the baby. Her 6 month old grandson from her other son arrived with his mom and she cooed and told him how she missed him and how big he had gotten in the week since she had last seen him. Finally, my husband so hopefully introduced her saying " Mom, meet your granddaughter." she looked at the baby, said she looked like me and didn't look at her again the rest of the time we were there. When her grandson was watching my girls she told him she hoped he didn't learn any bad habits. She also suggested my girls stay in another room while we were there "B/c it will be so crowded", aside from my family there were only 3 other people there, one of whom was a 6 month old.

Sounds like she need to read those books herself, with those bad manners.  Although in my experience there are lots of hypocritical people like that out there.  They don't treat others with respect but demand respect in return. 

Mom to 2 beautiful autistic boys (12 & 11)  
#62 of 63 Old 01-10-2014, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My mom gave be a box of bon-bons this year with a note that said "For you to enjoy when you're resting and relaxing over this Christmas break!"  (I work in a school and had 2 weeks off.)

Ummm... yeah.... I have a 5 YO and an 18 MO, no money, and no babysitters / childcare over the holiday.  Plus DH didn't have any extra time off.  I don't know WTH she was thinking I was doing on my big "vacation."  Locking my kids in the basement while I lounged around watching soap operas?  

The worst was from DH before we got married.  I got him flying lessons.  Flying lessons!  In a real airplane!  He got me fingertip towels with Mickey Mouse on them.  :irked  I still give him a hard time about that and it's been probably 18 years!  :p

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

#63 of 63 Old 01-30-2014, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belia View Post

My mom gave be a box of bon-bons this year with a note that said "For you to enjoy when you're resting and relaxing over this Christmas break!"  (I work in a school and had 2 weeks off.)

Ummm... yeah.... I have a 5 YO and an 18 MO, no money, and no babysitters / childcare over the holiday.  Plus DH didn't have any extra time off.  I don't know WTH she was thinking I was doing on my big "vacation."  Locking my kids in the basement while I lounged around watching soap operas?  

The worst was from DH before we got married.  I got him flying lessons.  Flying lessons!  In a real airplane!  He got me fingertip towels with Mickey Mouse on them.  :irked  I still give him a hard time about that and it's been probably 18 years!  :p

spitdrink.gif 
Mickey Mouse fingertip towels?  Oh my, that certainly isn't something I'd let him live down either!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page