"Warm wishes!": Are you more "Happy Holidays", or "Merry Christmas"? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-17-2013, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)

If you send "Holiday" cards, what do you look for?  I am a die-hard "Merry Christmas" fan, or something silly, but the only absolute "No" is "Warm Wishes".  What the heck are "warm wishes"?  Why not "Hot and Steamy Wishes?"?  "Fragrant and Sinus-Clearing Aromatherapy Wishes?"?  "Hot Chocolate With Candy Canes and Marshmallow Wishes"?  

Any how, just curious....

"Peace on Earth?"

"Wee Fish Ewe a Mare Egrets Moose?"

"Warm Wishes for a Bright Holiday Season?"

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2013, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hmm...ya know I never thought about that. I have noticed they usually say Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas. Pricing is usually my deciding factor. I make my own every year to send to family so those are no problem. I paid 7 bucks for 100 cards to decorate and added one of those "family letters" in case people care about what we were up to the past year. Not bad.

But this year I am involved in a blogger holiday swap and I wanted to include a card. But didn't feel like making one because quite frankly I craft my a** off every year and was sick of being crafty this holiday season. 3 dollars and 97 cents for an effing card. Are you KIDDING me?? And I am someone who just can't buy ugly cards...I couldn't find one cute card for under 2 bucks.

Wife, mom of 3, obsessed with photography, crafting and blogging http://annleaartsy.blogspot.com/
Old 12-17-2013, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm a Merry Christmas person, but saying warm wishes seems more than okay because your just wishing someone well. When I pick up cards I look for ones that are usually attached to an organization where proceeds help that particular charity. Unicef or National Geographic are good ones.

"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh
Old 12-17-2013, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

To me, "Warm Wishes" is just weird; almost skeevy. Like the weird guy at cocktail parties who's a little too touchy-touchy. 

In personal life, to those I know celebrate Christmas, I prefer to use "Merry Christmas". If I know the person does not celebrate Christmas, or I'm in a business professional setting, I use "Happy Holidays" because it's got more reach across different faiths and cultural practices. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

User Tag List