#91 of 94 Old 01-31-2014, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)

Small but important progress plus the usual:

- looked over some annuity papers for my mother

- paid a bill

- stared at my budget for the next few weeks

- gathered folders and forms needed to complete DS2's financial aid info and file our taxes

- looked into what other forms we need before we can do any of the above

- took a nice, long, relaxing walk with my dog

- scrubbed and cursed at glass on wood stove door, dumped ashes out, started a new fire

- stuck leftover soup on the stove to reheat slowly

Not a very ambitious day, but I'd been putting off the financial aid paperwork, and our taxes are tied to that.  I'm the one doing a happy dance outside the post office after I've mailed the last of it (yes, hard copies required).  A real happy dance; this is our last financial aid filing because DS2 will be a senior next year.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#92 of 94 Old 01-31-2014, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MariaMadly, that's a pretty embroidery project! I have an embroidery Thomas Kinkade-type my Oma got me before I was out of college, I think before I went, actually. So that would have been around '99? I need to finish it. I just HATE French knots. And this has hundreds.

Today has been really lazy. I'm tired from two trips to town and then my teething beauty was up hourly or more all night. Frequently restless in between. So I'm feeling like a zombie.
Beside that, have diapers washing, gave her a bath, did school with the girls, put baby down for a nap, reheated lunch for us, changed a lot of diapers, that's about it.

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#93 of 94 Old 01-31-2014, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)

A few miscellaneous things thus far - 

- Transferred money around between accounts. 

- Wrote the rent check so husband could mail it. 

- Tidied the whole house. 

- Called and placed an order for carry out for dinner. 

- Checked for new coupons today, but didn't find any. Guess they're not resetting today (sometimes they will do a secret reset on the last day of the month, but I guess not this time - boo.). 

- Refilled the diaper drawers in Little Man's dresser and put the rest away in his closet that I bought yesterday. 

- Pulled out an apothecary jar from my storage cabinet and filled it with epsom salt for the bathroom. 

- Organized a box of items that we're selling on eBay. 

And now, there's a little quiet time - I'm alone in the house! Husband and Little Man are out running errands, but should be home soon. Debating on start the bookshelf reorganizing project... 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#94 of 94 Old 01-31-2014, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKoehn View Post

MariaMadly, that's a pretty embroidery project! I have an embroidery Thomas Kinkade-type my Oma got me before I was out of college, I think before I went, actually. So that would have been around '99? I need to finish it. I just HATE French knots. And this has hundreds.

Today has been really lazy. I'm tired from two trips to town and then my teething beauty was up hourly or more all night. Frequently restless in between. So I'm feeling like a zombie.
Beside that, have diapers washing, gave her a bath, did school with the girls, put baby down for a nap, reheated lunch for us, changed a lot of diapers, that's about it.

I loathe French knots.  I can't do them unless I'm watching a tutorial on YouTube.  Don't try them when you're sleep-deprived!  :-)

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page