What are your New Years Resolutions/Wishes? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-05-2014, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Mine was a single word. Productivity. And a thought to go with it. "I cannot say yes to everyone that asks something of me, I can be incredibly productive to what I choose to say yes to."

There ya go. Hopefully my year in a nutshell. Anyone else?

QueenOfTheMeadow likes this.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#2 of 3 Old 01-08-2014, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

That is a wonderful one!  I usually resolve to lose weight, then I don't do it and then I am disappointed in myself.  This year I decided to do something that would make me feel good without feeling judgmental about myself.

1. Spend more time with my friends.

2. Grow more of our own food.

3. Learn to crochet socks!

Those resolutions made me happy!

#3 of 3 Old 01-08-2014, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)

I'd like to get better at maintaining my own peace of mind.  All my life I've let the emotions of others determine what I prioritize . . . my parents trained me to do that for them.  It's crippling, and the tendency has at times robbed my kids of a grounded, more adult mother.  Funny enough, my mother moving in with us is the catalyst for this -- I realized I don't want to spend my entire life waiting until things are ideal before I can feel safe and happy; that would just be another way of saying that what matters to me doesn't matter.

Both of you said it really well, too.  Reading your posts is like hearing someone say what they want their life to look like instead of what they want to get rid of, and that's a heartening approach to go after something without bitterness or unkindness.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page