February 2014: What Did You Accomplish Today? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 137 Old 02-01-2014, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)

I can't believe it's February already. It's snowing yet again, so that put a wrench in the day I had intended - Little Man and I were going to go out to my sister's, but the roads aren't that great so I didn't think it would be safe to drive that far. So, instead - 

- Dropped husband off at work. 

- Stopped at Target to get new lace's for husband's work boots. Also picked up some One Spot items (with 20% off Cartwheel) and found a major score - my favorite tea (Celestial Seasonings Sweet Harvest Pumpkin) on clearance for almost 50% off! Plus I had coupons, so I ended up getting the last 7 boxes they had for $1.16 each. I was so excited to find it, because it's a seasonal offering and it's been off the shelves (so I thought) for a few months now. 

- Stopped at the bank for quarters for laundry. 

- Made it back home and gave Little Man lunch. 

- Tried to get Little Man to have a nap, but he vehemently refused. Going to be a long afternoon, because now he's cranky. 

Still to come - 

- Make pumpkin butter in the crockpot. 

- Figure out dinner. 

And honestly, that's probably it. Though last night husband did help me finish organizing the book shelves, so at least that's done. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#2 of 137 Old 02-01-2014, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)

Huh, I've been writing the date all day and still didn't internalize that it's a new month:

- recycled and destroyed old receipts

- walked with dog

- made soup -- cut meat and vegetables, dumped in pan, go me

- made and froze some lunches for DH

- cut and froze some meat for more lunches

- took my mother to church

- now hanging out with spotty internet while cable guy makes the connection

Tomorrow I'm grocery shopping and starting to cook and freeze some things to take to DS2 this week.  Oh, that's another thing I did today:  kept refreshing the weather page hoping early Wednesday morning doesn't look crappy at Logan Airport in Boston.  kitchensqueen, would it be really terrible of me to ask you guys in the Midwest to hang onto it until mid-morning Wednesday?  Saw your comment on the venting thread, by the way, hope you're feeling better!

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#3 of 137 Old 02-01-2014, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMadly View Post

kitchensqueen, would it be really terrible of me to ask you guys in the Midwest to hang onto it until mid-morning Wednesday?  Saw your comment on the venting thread, by the way, hope you're feeling better!

Hahaha, no not terrible - we're pretty much used to it at this point anyhow! I'm feeling a bit better than I was this afternoon, so that's something. 

Did a few more things - 

- Picked husband up from work. 

- Started a load of laundry (one of three... ugh). 

- Made dinner. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#4 of 137 Old 02-02-2014, 02:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Worked on organizing my home school room ALL day still not 100 percent done...it was my problem area!

Wife, mom of 3, obsessed with photography, crafting and blogging http://annleaartsy.blogspot.com/
#5 of 137 Old 02-02-2014, 09:18 AM

^^^ Sounds like great progress, though!

- dropped my mother off at her house

- bought groceries

- put away the Christmas decorations hide.gif

- started a load of laundry

- started building DS2's care package

Feeling very unambitious today.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#6 of 137 Old 02-02-2014, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

More last minute changes to today's plan - husband's job called this morning and asked if he'd like to switch to a day shift instead of closing. He took it so he can be home with us tonight. So far the day is shaping up thus - 

- Did some office work (checking in off and on today since I'm doing on-call support for a project that's running). 

- Dropped husband off at work. 

- Went into Savers just to browse, but came out with a few bags full (though I only spent $25, so it could've been worse!). 

- Came home and gave Little Man a snack. 

- Helped Little Man rebuild his train tracks and organize the extra pieces into a small wooden crate we got at Savers. He spotted it, asked for it and said he wanted to take it home for his trains! It's absolutely perfect and we've been needed a solution to corral the extra wooden tracks and trains. I was so proud of him for spotting it and connecting it to what we needed at home - I'm raising a little thrifter! And it only cost $2. 

- Tried to get Little Man to eat some lunch, but he was still full from snack, so that didn't work. 

- Put Little Man down for a nap. Hopefully he actually will nap today...

And now, I really need to get off my behind and get to the rest of the stuff I intend for today - 

- Put clean dishes away. 

- Put away the clean laundry. 

- Make crockpot pumpkin butter. 

- Wash the new kitchen stuff I picked up at Savers. 

- Bake muffins for breakfast. 

- Pack my bag for work and lay out my clothes for tomorrow. 

- Vacuum. 

- Dinner prep. 

- Take a stab at reorganizing the linen closet - it's a constant losing battle, it seems. 

And after nap time - 

- Bake cookies with Little Man. 

- Take Little Man outside to play in the snow. 

#7 of 137 Old 02-02-2014, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Little Man did not nap again today; what is the deal!? We still had a decent afternoon though. Overall I've felt better today than I did yesterday, so that helped. 

- Put clean dishes away. 

- Put away the clean laundry. 

- Made crockpot pumpkin butter. 

- Washed the new kitchen stuff I picked up at Savers. 

- Packed my bag for work and laid out my clothes for tomorrow. 

Didn't get around to vacuuming or doing the linen closet, but that's not a big deal. We have to pick up husband from work in an hour, so we're getting ready to go play in the snow for a little while, then we'll stop at Target on the way so I can do a missed coupon adjustment at customer service, and pick up some ground pork for dinner tonight. We have a freezer full of food, and no ground pork - go figure. 

#8 of 137 Old 02-02-2014, 04:27 PM

I will add:

- took a nap

- picked up my mother

- broiled her some steak tips

- watched a forty-five minute video DS1 sent DH about programming languages

- did cut prep for dinner; chicken and onions

- hand-fed my dog part of her dinner -- to tease out whether she's avoiding the food or her dish

- am concluding she may be afraid of her dish; WTF

#9 of 137 Old 02-03-2014, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK. 

Ugh. Time out to run to Jewel for pork chops (because I can't stand another piece of chicken) and hummus (because I can't go to work all day tomorrow and not have a snack in the afternoon). Threw together pork chops for dinner. Looked at today's junk mail for two seconds before throwing it in the recycling. Spent far too little time with my son before he went to bed. 

Now I'm getting ready to WORK again. Have I said "ugh" yet? Oh, I did. Well, onward I go... 

#10 of 137 Old 02-04-2014, 01:54 PM

^^^  That just blows, hope today's been better for you.

Got a lot done today; more than expected, as my plans changed from trip prep to trip cancellation:

- emailed DS1 about health insurance info

- folded laundry and put it away

- set things out on a spare bed (DS1's) to pack

- wiped down the upstairs bathroom fixtures, gave tub a quick scrub

- made dough for pumpkin knots

- walked with dog

- got cancellation text and phoned airline to get a refund

- touched base with DH about above

- emailed DS2, who is in effect the cancellee

- baked the pumpkin knots and froze them to mail

- cancelled hotel

- cancelled car rental

- cancelled event attendance

- scrubbed the wood stove door glass and started a fire

- fielded a phone call about some soup I ordered DS2

- walked down to get the mail with Working Dog

Tonight is probably looking at our Plan B -- DS2 already said he'd like having us come out for spring break next month, so that's something to look forward to.  I'm still really disappointed, though.

#11 of 137 Old 02-04-2014, 03:31 PM

Today had been stressful, but not as busy as it coulda been.

Started off really grouchy at the lady doctor, imagined all the snippy ways I could tell her off
Complained to God, read my Bible, and as it "happened", I read Psalm 94, regularly scheduled reading, about God handling our problems with the proud. I felt very loved and able to let it go. That's good because I have a phone appt with her tomorrow. smile.gif
Started the chore of boiling diapers to get the stink out. Three nasty loads.
Looked at a YouTube about knitting.
Started school
Got a call from my sister that our youngest brother is an idiot. Don't ask. Took that in the bathroom while I ate tuna for breakfast because my sil forgot to bring me eggs (I buy her farm eggs). Then I cleaned the bathroom while we kept talking. Cleaning soothes the savage beast
Had a really hard time concentrating on giving a spelling test after that, but we made it.
Called my Mom after school, Baby took a mini nap then. But Mom couldn't comment much because it was "Grand Central" with all the self-employed family members hanging around waiting on a thaw or the Bat Phone to ring so they can go do something.
Straightened the house
Called and grouched at the Walmart pharmacy for STILL not having hubby's inhaler ready. IT'S JUST AN INHALER. Not like he needs it to breathe or anything. Oh wait. He does. And he's out. And I only called it in last Wednesday. And they never faxed my Dr to refill it. I checked with them yesterday. Now they're gone till Thursday. Gaaaa!
I looked some stuff online while waiting for her to get tired enough to nap for real, finally did.

Now I'm waiting till I can get up to make meatloaf. I'll hopefully clean that up, get hubby's lunch ready for tomorrow, and he wants to watch a debate tonight. I'm sure that will depend on the Internet. So we probably won't see it. Can't wait for them to finish installing fiber optics. I just need to vent about my brother to hubby and go to bed early. Lol

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#12 of 137 Old 02-04-2014, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

^^^  That just blows, hope today's been better for you.

Thanks - today was a bitter better, though hardly less hectic. One day closer to the weekend! Sorry your trip got cancelled. The weather has been brutal this year. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKoehn View Post

Today had been stressful, but not as busy as it coulda been.

Started off really grouchy at the lady doctor, imagined all the snippy ways I could tell her off
Complained to God, read my Bible, and as it "happened", I read Psalm 94, regularly scheduled reading, about God handling our problems with the proud. I felt very loved and able to let it go. That's good because I have a phone appt with her tomorrow. smile.gif
Started the chore of boiling diapers to get the stink out. Three nasty loads.
Looked at a YouTube about knitting.
Started school
Got a call from my sister that our youngest brother is an idiot. Don't ask. Took that in the bathroom while I ate tuna for breakfast because my sil forgot to bring me eggs (I buy her farm eggs). Then I cleaned the bathroom while we kept talking. Cleaning soothes the savage beast
Had a really hard time concentrating on giving a spelling test after that, but we made it.
Called my Mom after school, Baby took a mini nap then. But Mom couldn't comment much because it was "Grand Central" with all the self-employed family members hanging around waiting on a thaw or the Bat Phone to ring so they can go do something.
Straightened the house
Called and grouched at the Walmart pharmacy for STILL not having hubby's inhaler ready. IT'S JUST AN INHALER. Not like he needs it to breathe or anything. Oh wait. He does. And he's out. And I only called it in last Wednesday. And they never faxed my Dr to refill it. I checked with them yesterday. Now they're gone till Thursday. Gaaaa!
I looked some stuff online while waiting for her to get tired enough to nap for real, finally did.

Now I'm waiting till I can get up to make meatloaf. I'll hopefully clean that up, get hubby's lunch ready for tomorrow, and he wants to watch a debate tonight. I'm sure that will depend on the Internet. So we probably won't see it. Can't wait for them to finish installing fiber optics. I just need to vent about my brother to hubby and go to bed early. Lol

Yuck - sorry! Sounds like stress is really in the air this week. Though your comment about the Bat Phone made me chuckle. 

Today, I made time for what's important - 

- Baked cookies with Little Man. 

- Did dinner, bath and bedtime routine with Little Man. 

- Made dinner. 

- Watched an episode of This Old House with husband, without multi-tasking on work at the same time. 

- Clipped my nails. 

Then did about an hour's worth of work. 

I'm tired, but I had my priorities straighter than they were yesterday, so I'm calm about that at least. Now I need to go pick out my clothes for work (I need to dress business professional as opposed to business casual tomorrow for meetings, which I hate, but oh well) and color my hair so I don't look like a sloppy middle-aged mom slob for said meetings. So, I guess I should get up. The night is waning. 

#13 of 137 Old 02-05-2014, 10:26 AM

Another snow day. 

We are notoriously lazy on snow days. I allow unlimited Netflix/Ipad because well, I want a snow day too! I want to read and veg. 

But we aren't being too lazy. 

-Cleaned up dining room table + started straightening up house

-Baked brownies + made lunch (turkey corn dogs) 

-Worked on air-dry clay projects with kids (owl and cat) 

-Made a DIY light table for DS and DS 

Now I'm making dinner reservations for our disney trip. I still need to clean more, do some watercoloring with kids, and make badgets for dinner (we are doing the Earth Child's handbook) 

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#14 of 137 Old 02-05-2014, 12:54 PM

Snow day here, too:

- found out that the bus we would have taken to the airport was cancelled too, and they almost never do that

- tweaked some alternate dates and lodging for our Plan B visit to DS2

- washed and hung a load of laundry

- purged a few old books and magazines

- crunched a pile of numbers for DS's financial aid app requirements; this is the last one!!!

- kept the fire going

When the snow lets up a bit I'll shovel off the balcony.  Not asking very much of myself today.

#15 of 137 Old 02-05-2014, 04:48 PM

Welp...starting the early eaaarly signs of labor..thats a big check off!

Then of course that pushed me to make sure my room and bathroom were all nice and clean

Wife, mom of 3, obsessed with photography, crafting and blogging http://annleaartsy.blogspot.com/
#16 of 137 Old 02-05-2014, 05:50 PM

^^^^^^^^^  Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

#17 of 137 Old 02-05-2014, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by annlea View Post
Welp...starting the early eaaarly signs of labor..thats a big check off!

Then of course that pushed me to make sure my room and bathroom were all nice and clean

How exciting! Good luck and best wishes for a safe and healthy delivery! 

Nothing quite so exciting at my house, but a few things - 

- Printed some coupons.

- Helped put together dinner. 

- Checked the mail and helped Little Man open a Valentines's Day package. 

- Ate dinner with the family. 

- Went to yoga. 

- Sorted some more coupons. 

- Checked work email. 

#18 of 137 Old 02-06-2014, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

How exciting! Good luck and best wishes for a safe and healthy delivery! 

Nothing quite so exciting at my house, but a few things - 

- Printed some coupons.

- Helped put together dinner. 

- Checked the mail and helped Little Man open a Valentines's Day package. 

- Ate dinner with the family. 

- Went to yoga. 

- Sorted some more coupons. 

- Checked work email. 

Thank you :)

Quote:

^^^^^^^^^  Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Haha my reaction exactly..thank you

#19 of 137 Old 02-06-2014, 10:45 AM

Hope you are cuddling your lo right now, Annlea!

KQ, I admit, I chuckled when I thought of Bat Phone too. I get cynical when I'm crabby. When I had a personal blog, days I was irritated I got the best comment section going. Everyone thought it was hysterical. I was just being cranky. Lol

Yesterday my big accomplishment was a long nap and calling the Dr for my 30 min appt to explain what she failed to in the office 2 weeks ago.

Today I have so far:

Slept in till 7:30, I needed it and I'm also hoping to reset the baby's clock so she stops getting up too early. Plan to sleep in tomorrow too.
Took her potty, she peed about a teaspoon. Lol
Tried to turn on the pc, it wouldn't come on right.
She took a face plant into the desk and got a knot on her forehead
Went to make tea and some beef stew in the crock (not together! ) and the kitchen water was/is frozen. Lovely.
Made the stew, sat down with my tea to read my Bible.
Woke up my husband, fit a call that the girls aren't coming to school bc their parents want them to do something with them today.
Made eggs for breakfast, we ate
I cleaned out my cast iron skillet and started the diapers washing again
I sat down here to check my email and ended up on here.

Still plan:
Boil the non elastics in this load of diapers
Do dishes if the water comes on
Bathe the baby
Call the pharmacy and just hope they get that inhaler lined out today. I insist, or it is being transferred to Safeway, along with any other prescriptions we have.
Run a quick clean through the house
Do laundry
Order hubby's bday gift
etc etc etc

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#20 of 137 Old 02-06-2014, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Yesterday I made filled up our minivan twice and drove 3 miles (one way) to our new house to unload. I also went grocery shopping. In the end I did so much walking that I almost turned around and went back to the grocery store to buy Epsom salt for my foot - didn't because my family was waiting for the Chinese food I was bringing home.

This morning I found this thread :-) saw the part about crock pot pumpkin butter and was reminded to get up and make beef stew. I put organic carrots, an onion, red potatoes, potatoes, a sweet potato, a can of corn, and beef for stew in our crock pot with organic all seasons salt. I might add frozen peas closer to dinnertime.

I attempted to make my four children do their chores and schoolwork. When I stepped into the backyard to call them in, they had thrown mud at the wall outside my bedroom and put some on the windowsill outside. I eventually realized that we needed to throw water at it today, not later, to clean the wall of our rented house before the mud dries on it, so we did that and made lots of mud on the sidewalk outside my bedroom. My first grade son told me what several Greek words mean and read a story to me, and both he and my third grade daughter spelled words and picked up the dirty clothes on their bedroom floors.

I proofread a few articles for Bitcoin Magazine, my part-time work-from-home job.

We're getting ready to treat ourselves for scabies. Our four-year-old son is the only one who has shown symptoms, but we all live with him so when we have all the supplies, we're going to put on lotion (full body except for our faces - hopefully it won't be gross), cover our mattresses and zip them shut, steam clean the couch, and wash all our clothes with hot water. Fun fun!

I'm happy I found this thread and I hope it will help me stay productive.

May God bless you and His Blessed Mother Mary keep you!  :-)

#21 of 137 Old 02-06-2014, 01:51 PM

^^^^^  Wait, you're combining a move with treating your home and family for scabies???  Best of luck!

You, too, MrsKoehn, I'd be screwed to the ceiling about that inhaler.

Thinking of you and your baby, annlea . . .

Prosaic day here.  Snow clearing had to happen today, among other things:

- crunched some more numbers for DS2's financial aid app

- cleaned up a bunch of paperwork regarding a gov't education benefit he receives

- bought plane tickets to go see him in mid-March

- booked hotel for same

- set the crock pot up for my mother to use for her ham and beans; diced her an onion

- shoveled off the balcony, steps, path to propane tank, and bulkhead

- walked with dog; tough going, had to break a path much of the way, but just beautiful out there

- kept ahead of dirty dishes

- kept fire going

Now to run some more numbers.  Or put that off and read a little bit first. 

#22 of 137 Old 02-06-2014, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Not a whole lot here; it's a Thursday. 

- Helped Little Man address his Valentine's Day cards and decorate the envelopes. 

- Tidied the house. 

- Did the bath and bedtime routine with Little Man. 

Not sure what's in store for the rest of the evening. On the one hand I should do some work, on the other I just need to relax... 

#23 of 137 Old 02-06-2014, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Yes, we're hoping to be rid of the scabies before we move sheets, clothes, beds, and ourselves into the new house.

Thursday is my favorite day of the week! :)

I spent almost three hours at Walmart with my younger son and youngest daughter waiting for the zippered bed covers my husband ordered online to be ready for me to pick up. I also filled up a cart in that time, so it wasn't too bad, except that we came home after dinnertime and after my children's bedtime. They were so grateful for the bananas and chips I gave them in the car, and happy to come home to the beef stew that was ready in the crock pot.

When I feel like going to bed without having washed all my children's crumbs off the kitchen table, I remind myself that I'll feel so much better in the morning to come out of my bedroom and look at a clean table. That motivated me tonight, at least, and I did the usual minimal picking up of toys that they left out. We need to keep the house warmer before we treat ourselves for scabies so I might not need the blanket tonight (it's not freezing here in Florida). I'll be busy doing laundry all day tomorrow to get rid of the scabies, it sounds like.

Goodnight, ladies! Thanks for this thread.

May God bless you and His Blessed Mother Mary keep you!  :-)

#24 of 137 Old 02-07-2014, 11:28 AM

MariaMadly, I ended up transferring it to Safeway this morning. I called to check yesterday and it said they had no order for a prescription for up. I was hacked.

I also made a snow play date for my 15 month old and her 2 1/2 yr old cousin for sometime today, and finally got around to calling to pay for an extra delivery of dog food they sent last month and didn't charge us for. I'm a slacker.

I've been working on dishes and laundry, swept the kitchen floor, working on a short school day since we're minus one today. I fried potatoes and scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Still need to:
Make tea
Finish laundry, wash bedding
Thaw meat and stuff for the meals this weekend
Clean house
Probably run to town to get that inhaler

#25 of 137 Old 02-07-2014, 04:27 PM

More number-crunching today, but I'm almost ready to file the forms -- just need some numbers from DS2.  I also:

- took DH in to work so I could use the 4WD

- bought groceries

- folded a load of laundry

- took a long walk with dog

- purged some old magazines

- ran those figures, and talked with financial aid office about some questions

- did some bookkeeping for a non-profit (I'm treasurer)

- emailed with DS2 about some food allergen question he had

- stopped by bank and deposited some checks (non-profit, not mine)

- picked up DH

- emailed with DS1 about plans for this weekend

Quiet evening planned.  Errands and take-care-of-the-house this weekend, then DH heads out Sunday for a week out of state for work.

#26 of 137 Old 02-07-2014, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

I am so, so glad it's the weekend. I will have to work a little bit over the weekend, but mostly I'll get two days to relax! Today, a few things - 

- Paid bills (some a few days late... grrrr. February snuck up on me.). 

- Put away clean dishes.

- Loaded the dishwasher with dirty dishes. 

- Handwashed some pans. 

- Set up Little Man's train track for him. 

- Played alphabet letters and puzzles with Little Man. 

- Did the dinner and bedtime routine with Little Man. 

- Put water to boil for pasta for dinner and defrosted bolognese. 

- Checked the mail. 

- Entered some rewards points codes online. 

- Tidied the house.

I've got an AHL game on the tv, and I'm going to kick back with a big bowl of pasta and clip and organize my coupons. :-)

#27 of 137 Old 02-08-2014, 06:53 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

I love this thread!  I love reading what the daily lives of other people look like.  My life is pretty routine and boring.  May I join in?

Yesterday I:

Worked from home for about 2+ hours after seeing the kids off to school.

I'm also in college online so I completed some discussion board postings.  I have no papers due this week, for once, so my week for college has been slower than usual.

I debated going to the gym but I am still sore from the other day so I instead decided to take my poor neglected border collie mix for a brisk, 40 minute walk (she was very happy!).

Ran to Target to get some stuff for my daughter's birthday and pick up some V-day cards and chocolates for the kids for V-day.  They are used to waking up V-day morning and finding a little something at the table for them.  But Target didn't have the ingreds for the cake I want to make for my daughter's bday.  

Ran to Whole Foods, which I was SURE would have hazelnut meal and hazelnuts.  DD2 wants a Nutella cake and Nigella's recipe calls for these two things.  But, I guess, outside of xmas, hazelnuts don't exist.  heh.  So I ended up getting macadamia nuts for the top of the cake (they are hazelnut looking, right?) and almond meal instead of hazelnut meal.

Came home to greet my 12 year old son from school.  He retreated to his room to play with his new DJ gear he bought.  I love hearing him practice up in his room.  So I continued working and listened to him practice.  Eventually, I went up there and gushed about how cool he sounded and he answered some questions I had about his new equipment and we chatted a bit.

My daughters came home from elementary school.  When they get home I quit working and school and chatted with them. Helped DD2 with a report she wanted to write about egyptian food.  

Vacuumed the living level and upstairs, threw in some laundry, folded some laundry, cleaned out the pantry and put away the rest of the groceries I bought two days ago (!!!).  

Cooked our "fast food friday" dinner of bacon wrapped hotdogs, sweet and regular potato wedges and asparagus.  

Movie night!  So we all watched Napoleon Dynamite together and then I tucked the kids in to bed.

It was actually a pretty productive day!  

Married, part time work from home mom to DS (13 and homeschooling), DD1 (11) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and a cute rat.
#28 of 137 Old 02-08-2014, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix View Post

I love this thread!  I love reading what the daily lives of other people look like.  My life is pretty routine and boring.  May I join in?

There's always room for more. :-)

Today Little Man and I went out and ran errands- 

- Stopped at Food 4 Less to see if they had they type of frozen veg I want to get for free with some coupons, but they didn't have it, so we left empty-handed. 

- Stopped at Dollar Tree to pick up a Sunday paper for the coupons. Just one this week since they coupons are only okay. 

- Went to Target to cruise the end caps (clearance mecca!) and found a few killer deals - a Skip Hop dinosaur insulated lunch bag for $3.88 (originally $13), a large Coleman LED camp lantern for just under $10 (originally almost $35!), 3 Softsoap hand soaps for $0.65 each with coupons, and mini paper pad for scrapbooking $0.47, free pens (with a coupon), and a free Colgate toothbrush (with a coupon). Pretty good haul. 

- Stopped at Goodwill to drop off two boxes and a bag, and ended up finding a few things to bring home - a wooden Melissa & Doug puzzle for $1, a Little People puzzle for $1, 2 pairs of brand new in packaging Mossimo boxer briefs for $1 each, and two brand new packages of ornament hooks for $1. 

- Came home and gave Little Man lunch and ate a bowl of pasta. 

- Put away the shopping. 

- Put Little Man down for a nap (quite the ordeal since he was over tired). 

Now I'm relaxing for a for a few minutes on the couch, and may have a nap myself...

#29 of 137 Old 02-08-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix View Post

Welcome!  You mentioned a border collie -- I deliberately got a lazier breed (Bernese mountain dog) so I'd be off the hook unless an activity was my idea.

- slow wake-up and breakfast

- hung out with DH while he re-hung some drywall in the attic

- printed some forms

- walked with dog, who wanted to turn around before I did

- cleared snow off the car, bulkhead (again), kitchen porch

- moved insurance cards and owner manuals out to the cars

- purged some more old magazines

Still going to:

- take my mother to church

- reheat leftovers for dinner

- maybe shift attic furniture back in place DH did this while we were out, yay!

You can aspire to routine and boring, but I measure my achievement in cubic inches of clutter purged from my house -- bet I'm more boring than you are!  :-)

#30 of 137 Old 02-08-2014, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

Thanks for the welcome!  Maria, how much snow do you guys have?  We had snow showers today, but nothing ever accumulates here for more than a few days.  We get what I refer to as "what's the point" cold all winter long.  If we aren't going to get snow, I'm ready for spring!  Our Border collie mix is pretty low key in the house.  She's barky, but not awful.  Our other dog is a Newfoundland.. so I know what you mean about a lazy dog!  Kitchensqueen: Do you do extreme couponing like I have seen on the show?  Those were some good deals you found!

Today I have, so far: 

Worked a little bit.

Cheered my husband on when I told him about the leaky bathtub faucet in the kids' bathroom.  It started out as a "oh, this will be easy!" to him taking hours to fix it and him getting frustrated. We had to turn off the water in the house all morning and I have to cancel our Odyssey of the Mind meeting because of it.  He finally got it fixed.  Yay!  Luckily I got my shower before he turned the water off.

Tidied up the kitchen.

Took my daughter to a friend's house.

Helped my husband put the camper cover on the camper.

Got back and my son wanted me to take *him* to his friend's.  So ate lunch and took him out.  

Went to the store AGAIN (I never go to the store everyday, I feel like I'm always there right now!) to get dates for my daughter's food project and rat food at the pet store for our pet rats.

Brought the ratties downstairs to run around on the kitchen table (no worries, we bleach if off afterwards) while DD2 and I baked her bday cake for tomorrow.

Watched a tiny bit of the olympics.  DD1 came home from her friends.

DD2 and I then worked on her Tiger Sweets she is making for her Egypt unit in 3rd grade.  They were kind of sticky and messy and a pain and took FOREVER.

Now I am just finished cleaning up from that.  DD1, DD2 and DD1's neighborhood friend are all working on V-day cards to hand out to classmates on Friday and joking and laughing.  I love the ages all my kids are at right now.  

Still to do:

Vacuum my girls' messy room because DD2's friend is spending the night tonight.

Make spaghetti for dinner for the family and something for myself (I am nightshade free- no tomatoes, eggplant, peppers).

Make sure the girls' room is set up for her friend with the cot so she has somewhere to sleep.

The girls feed the dogs and cats.  My husband cleans the kitchen after dinner.  We have a low key evening (last weekend we were out all weekend with friends and sunday we hosted a Superbowl party) so this weekend is pretty low key for us.  Sunday we go tubing all day with her friend to celebrate DD2's birthday (which is officially Tuesday).  It should be fun!  I love tubing.  

Married, part time work from home mom to DS (13 and homeschooling), DD1 (11) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and a cute rat.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page