March 2014 *already*! What did you accomplish today? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-08-2014, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Hi all, I haven't posted this week!

Today was not all that exciting!

-woke up early to iron DH clothes for work, started laundry, showed and made him a quick breakfast.
- nursed the baby, got dressed and made the kids scrambled eggs and unloaded dishwasher.
- browsed the internet and did some couponing while kids played.
-gave the baby a bath after a very nasty diaper!! Got him dressed.
-made a snack and cleaned up the house while the kids watched a show and are snack.
-latex baby down for nap, made lunch for DD and I, watched a show on netflix, then watched a movie with DD but fell asleep. (Felt so good to nap!)
-baby woke, nursed him and fed him a
late lunch.
- cleaned up again while kids played and then made dinner. (While I watched TV movies lol) I love the hallmark channel and the movies are clean so I can have them on around the kids.
-more laundry
-fed kids dinner and washed pans.
-Kids played while I picked up again lol
- ate my dinner.
-put baby to bed.
- now sitting on my butt, need to fold laundry still.

DH 31; Me 30; DD 6; DS 1; Baby boy due Dec 17th

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2014, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)

It was crazy busy yesterday but fun!

*Woke at 6am to get ready to go judge Odyssey of the Mind

*Spent 7:45 until 4:30 judging Odyssey of the Mind plays.  Tons of fun.  Some GREAT ideas and skits.

*Went to Fuddruckers with all our school OM teams for dinner.

*Went back to the school to see the awards ceremony.  We never win (we've only been doing this two years and are still learning.  But it's fun to watch everyone else win!

*Came home with tired kids and went to BED.

Married, part time work from home mom to DS (13 and homeschooling), DD1 (11) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and a cute rat.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I'm still sick, but better than I've felt over the last few days, so that's something. 

- Made half-home made cinnamon sugar doughnuts for breakfast. They turned out gnarly looking and not at all like the perfect little spheres in the photo, but they tasted good. I was kind of shocked that it worked. 

- Tidied the kitchen. 

- Put away clean dishes from the dishwasher. 

- Put the breakfast dishes in the dishwasher. 

Low-key day here today. We were supposed to go out to my sister's for my youngest niece's birthday, but being sick I had to cancel. Just going to try to relax so I'm ready for work this week. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Old 03-09-2014, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)

Happy Daylight Savings Time!  <groan>

- up later than I planned because my cell phone did not spring forward

- took mother to her house

- ran by grocery store for spinach and chicken; forgot the feta (not that it's much of an accomplishment)

- home for breakfast

- organized the Tonka trucks and other loose ends down basement

- walked-with-dog -- had tiny-dog treats so had to give her very many -- fun walk

- measured spaces in the attic for a couple of my mother's dressers

- chatted online with DS1

- picked up mother

- hung out with DH when he got home from work

Now I'm nursing a mug of decaf while he naps.  Dinner soon, a Plan B since we are a World Without Feta this evening.  Oh, and I should feed the dog soon . . . I feel her big brown eyes boring into me.  And building DS2's weekly care package.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), and an overachieving mother (1930). Married to DH since 1986.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I need some motivation today. Busy week ahead. So far I've:

-made tangzhong for burger buns

-done two double roll-fold-turns of the puff pastry

-made sweet pastry, chillin' in a brick in the fridge

-helped DD with history 

-(hopefully) de-stained and washeda shirt and apron

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

I need some motivation today. Busy week ahead. So far I've:

-made tangzhong for burger buns

-done two double roll-fold-turns of the puff pastry

-made sweet pastry, chillin' in a brick in the fridge

-helped DD with history 

-(hopefully) de-stained and washeda shirt and apron

Smokering, hi!!  I always have such a good time googling things you've baked.  :-)

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), and an overachieving mother (1930). Married to DH since 1986.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:24 PM

Hey! :) Bread made with tangzhong is really nice. Fluffy and soft. Good for burger buns or dinner rolls; REALLY good for raisin bread with pink coconut icing on top!

Now I've:

-tried somewhat unsuccessfully to remove a carpet stain from a chicken's explosive diarrhea (we're classy people)

-re-treated the stubborn stains and put them on again

-vacuumed the living room

-finished all but the elastic on DS' trousers (I ran out)

-put lunch on

Old 03-09-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:

Hey! :) Bread made with tangzhong is really nice. Fluffy and soft. Good for burger buns or dinner rolls; REALLY good for raisin bread with pink coconut icing on top!

I think I need a tangzhong recipe, please!  I have been unsuccessfully trying to find a good burger bun recipe and they are all too bread like and crusty.  

Today was a lazy day.

*Woke up and was grumpy (sigh, I need to stop this trend)

*Drank coffee, husband picked up bagels and smoked salmon for breakfast

*Clean kitchen and spent the morning trying unsuccessfully to start my paper.  DD1 was going to the movies with a friend, so I was interupted there.  Then DD2 couldn't find her lax gear and we combed the house for an hour looking for it.  We decided finally it must be in husband's car but he was out playing flag football with some guys and had no phone and I didn't know where he was practicing.  *sigh*

*Scrounged up gear from friend.  Went to DD2's lax practice.

*Friends met us there and came back to the house.  Friend and I spent the rest of the afternoon drinking tea and building with legos (she has a 4 year old but her 4 year old did like NO building, he mainly ran around the room while friend and I sat engrossed in building.  lol)

*My son was coming home from a friend's house and we decided to all meet out to dinner, since, with this time change it was suddenly 7pm and friend and I hadn't budged off the floor.  heh

*Ate dinner with everyone.  Came home and now kids are asleep and NOW I need to write my paper due by midnight.  Argh.  But it was a fabulous Sunday!

Married, part time work from home mom to DS (13 and homeschooling), DD1 (11) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and a cute rat.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMadly View Post

Happy Daylight Savings Time!  <groan>

Ugh, seriously. It serves NO function in modern society. It's just stupid and annoying. And now we're going to go back to waking up in the dark for a month again, which helps NO ONE. I'm one of those people that just fail at waking up without natural light. My hatred of daylight savings time is extreme. 

Quote:

Uses milk, right? I so need a good recipe for buns. You think it would work the same with soy or rice milk?

I'm on third box of kleenex for the day (no joke) but I think the end is in sight. Did some stuff today -

- Played lots of Dr. Suess color and shape flash cards with Little Man. He likes to play them as a matching game. 

- Helped Little Man rebuild his train track. 

- Laid out my clothes for work tomorrow. 

- Clipped and mostly organized my coupons. 

- Worked on my shopping list for this week. 

- Made dinner. 

- Pulled ground beef and ground pork out of the freezer to defrost for tomorrow. 

- Tidied the house. 

And now I'm feeling bitter that it should only be 8:00. I still need to color my hair and make something for breakfast. I'm thinking about chocolate crescent twist bread...

ETA - oh, and I'm totally taking credit for doing office work for like an hour after I put Little Man to bed. If I didn't get a head start on emails for the week, it would eat me alive...

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Old 03-09-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
 I think I need a tangzhong recipe, please!  I have been unsuccessfully trying to find a good burger bun recipe and they are all too bread like and crusty.  

This is what you want. :) It's very un-bread-like. :p It's got a fluffy, shreddy, cottony, pillowy texture. Think of a really virtuous heavy rye bread with wholegrains, and it's the opposite of that. Not the healthiest option, really, but way yummier than supermarket buns.

This is the recipe I use: for savoury loaves I just leave out the sugar and raisins.

Quote:
 Uses milk, right? I so need a good recipe for buns. You think it would work the same with soy or rice milk?

Yikes, I dunno. The tangzhong itself is a flour-and-milk roux which can also be a flour-and-water roux (I did that the last couple of times, actually, and didn't notice a difference)... but the recipe itself is pretty dairy-laden. It has milk, cream, butter AND milk powder, not to mention eggs! You could definitely add a flour-and-water or flour-and-soy-milk tangzhong to any old bread recipe for a fluffier texture, or you could maybe try to sub out the recipe with coconut oil or ghee (if you can have it), coconut cream, rice milk etc... Who knows, might work! You could always chuck a bunch of cinnamon in to disguise any infelicities of flavour. :p

Anyway, we had lunch and I went on a big shopping mish - WITHOUT the kids, thank heavens. Just got back. So I:

-Went to five op-shops in search of casserole dishes and found two. Honestly, you cook people casseroles and they never give your dishes back. Tut tut.

-Went to three fabric stores. Eventually found fabric for DD's birthday present, a Merida costume - only they didn't have the right colour, so I bought dye as well. Ulp. This will be a new experience. Got fabric for another birthday dress for DD and elastic for DS' trousers.

-Bought a teeny, tiny bottle of fancy whiskey for $25 for DH's birthday.

Right. DH and the kids have gone out for two hours, so I should get onto pre-washing and dyeing and finding patterns while DD's out of my hair. 

Old 03-10-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:

This is what you want. :) It's very un-bread-like. :p It's got a fluffy, shreddy, cottony, pillowy texture. Think of a really virtuous heavy rye bread with wholegrains, and it's the opposite of that. Not the healthiest option, really, but way yummier than supermarket buns.

This is the recipe I use: for savoury loaves I just leave out the sugar and raisins.

THANK YOU!! :joy  I think I will try making it this week.  I have never used milk powder in bread.  This does have a lot of dairy in it.  I am going to make the recipe straight the first time then I might try subbing for some of the dairy, or at least subbing milk for the half n half (which I don't often have in the house).  You have made my day!  :)

Today my son totally didn't wake up until 9:30am.  I'm thinking he's trying to stay on winter time.  heh.  I got up at 6:15am and made it to the gym and am feeling pretty good!  My plans today include vacuuming, doing some laundry and going on a hike with the dog and my son.  I also need to hit the grocery store. Then DD1 has horseback riding lessons, DD2 has lax and girl scouts (luckily a friend is taking her) and son plans on doing some HTML lessons and finalizing his DJ report (I gave him a due date of Friday because he is taking FOREVER to write it).  I take Mondays off from studying, but I will probably start my psych chapter anyway while DD1 is in horseback riding.  

Hope everyone has a great day and I hope you are feeling better today, Kitchens!

Old 03-10-2014, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mostly stayed ahead of my list today:

- up and out, to post office and mailed DS2's care package

- bought groceries

- put them away

- consolidated moving list of furniture from my mother's to here

- called and booked the movers

- walked with dog

- broiled steak tips

- talked with mother's realtor a couple times

- reviewed the box-shove-around in attic with DH for when movers come

- got some other moving details ironed out with him

- started dinner; chopped chicken and onions

- looked at forecasts for Thursday; we're flying out of Boston, and a storm is coming

Tonight is some packing, mother's taxes, and maybe put my feet up.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Congratulations on your upcoming move, MariaMadly!

Today my father-in-law told me if my children clean up everything on the floors of our house, they can sleep over at his house. My younger two, my 4-year-old son and 3-year-old daughter, cleaned up their bedroom and the living room with me. I didn't tell FIL but there is still a little bit on the playroom floor...it's too much of a hassle to get all of it and I was ready to get out of the house for my appointment.

I packed for their sleepover, dropped them off at their grandparents', went to my appointment, brought pizza to their house, drove home. I finished the shopping list, bought groceries, and put them away.

Before dinner I walked 4 times around our house and yard (2 1/2 acres) which I've been told is a mile - yay!

I moved the laundry from the washer to the dryer.

When I'm done eating dinner I'm going to sweep the laundry room floor, ride my exercise bike (big dinner), and call a friend I haven't talked to in over a month and maybe Mom, too. I plan to sit or lay down and read the biography of Father De Smet I've been reading, too.

May God bless you and His Blessed Mother Mary keep you!  :-)

Old 03-10-2014, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catholic Mama View Post

Congratulations on your upcoming move, MariaMadly!

:-)  Thank you, Catholic Mama!  It's actually the last leg of my mother's move into our house.  She was hospitalized in August and couldn't keep up her place any more.  It's under contract now, so crunch time!

Old 03-10-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:

Yikes, I dunno. The tangzhong itself is a flour-and-milk roux which can also be a flour-and-water roux (I did that the last couple of times, actually, and didn't notice a difference)... but the recipe itself is pretty dairy-laden. It has milk, cream, butter AND milk powder, not to mention eggs! You could definitely add a flour-and-water or flour-and-soy-milk tangzhong to any old bread recipe for a fluffier texture, or you could maybe try to sub out the recipe with coconut oil or ghee (if you can have it), coconut cream, rice milk etc... Who knows, might work! You could always chuck a bunch of cinnamon in to disguise any infelicities of flavour. :p

Anyway, we had lunch and I went on a big shopping mish - WITHOUT the kids, thank heavens. Just got back. So I:

-Went to five op-shops in search of casserole dishes and found two. Honestly, you cook people casseroles and they never give your dishes back. Tut tut.

-Went to three fabric stores. Eventually found fabric for DD's birthday present, a Merida costume - only they didn't have the right colour, so I bought dye as well. Ulp. This will be a new experience. Got fabric for another birthday dress for DD and elastic for DS' trousers.

-Bought a teeny, tiny bottle of fancy whiskey for $25 for DH's birthday.

Right. DH and the kids have gone out for two hours, so I should get onto pre-washing and dyeing and finding patterns while DD's out of my hair. 

Oy, that is a lot of dairy! Perhaps some experimentation is in order this weekend. I'll report back if I give it a go. Also, you got solo shopping time AND alone time at home all in the same day!? I'm so jealous!

As for me... totally a Monday. I felt like I was hanging out on the inside of tornado at work today... after that - 

- Played trains for a little while with Little Man. 

- Made dinner. 

- Laid out my clothes for work tomorrow and cleaned out my work bag. 

- Ordered a birthday present online for my niece.

- Texted Target for some new mobile coupon codes. 

- Did some office work for another three hours after Little Man went to bed. Yep. 

Going to bed with my book to read for a little while. Resisting the desire to rant some more about the evilness of Daylight Savings Time... 

Old 03-11-2014, 07:20 AM

Busy day yesterday:

*Woke at 6:15am and made it to the gym to workout!!!!  YAY!

*Came home and saw the girls off to school.

*Did housework with son- vacuumed upstairs and living level, cleaned kitchen, started laundry, emptied trash cans, started laundry

*Went out to a wooded area at the end of the road and took the nonobadbordercollie.  She was in doggy heaven and pretended she was a wild dog while we trakked around.

*Taught son how to make the oh-so-healthy lunch of steak-umms. (I had salad)

*Son read and did some stuff while I ran out to get dog food, cat food and an easy dinner for DD2.

*Girls home!  Took DD1 to horseback lesson.

*Attempted to read my textbook while I waited for her but I ended up falling asleep.  oops.

*Came home and just missed DD2 heading to her lax practice.  Looked at the HTML page son had built.

*Sat and read my textbook and played with dogs with toys I had gotten them earlier

*Heated a leftover quiche for dinner with broccoli and salad.

*Ate dinner and watched Twilight Zone.

*Watched the final episode of House of Cards (Very unsatisfying finale!)

Son is currently watching a documentary about Auschwitz and it is truly depressing.  We are planning an outing to the Holocaust museum in a couple weeks and I requested he learn more about it before we went.  I am sensitive and usually avoid such topics and this is pretty awful.  :(

Old 03-11-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
 Also, you got solo shopping time AND alone time at home all in the same day!? I'm so jealous!

I know! I'm ridiculously lucky - DH works from home. It's marvellous. :) And I plan to make the kids take afternoon naps until they turn 18!

Today I have to make a meat pie and a cheesecake for tomorrow's dinner guests. They house-sat for us while we were in LA and left the place absurdly clean, so today I should try to fix its deterioration as much as possible. And DD needs to catch up on some schoolwork. All very doable, theoretically. And there's lemon sour cream pie in the fridge, which I plan to have for breakfast. :)

Old 03-11-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:

I know! I'm ridiculously lucky - DH works from home. It's marvellous. :) And I plan to make the kids take afternoon naps until they turn 18!

Hahaha definitely! Naps are the secret to success! 

Another totally insane work day here. After work - 

- Made macaroni and cheese for Little Man's dinner. 

- Made beef stew for our dinner (Little Man still refuses to eat meat product...)

- Played cars with Little Man for a while. 

- Sorted through the mail and browsed a few grocery ads. 

- Did the bedtime routine with Little Man. 

And now husband and I are going to watch This Old House, and I'm gearing up to do some more office work... it's the absolute last thing I want to do, but I have expense reports due the in the morning, so... 

Old 03-12-2014, 06:23 AM

omg, my son still took an afternoon nap on the days he wasn't in kindergarten!  I LOOOVED the afternoon nap and was so sad when they gave them up.  Now, of course, they are older so I just leave the house if I need to.  

Yesterday was pretty busy:

*Worked out in the morning at 6:15a

*Saw the girlies off to school

*Studied and started a paper while son did his own work

*Cleaned up a bit

*Ate lunch and headed to a homeschooling group parkday. I played lax with son for a bit.  Other parents got there (we are new to this group and I didn't know anyone) and I chatted with the parents, but son was too shy and anxious to introduce himself to the existing clique of teens.  So he read on my kindle.  *sigh*  We'll try again in a more organized activity.  He gets SO ANXIOUS when meeting people.  I do, too, but age and experience has taught me I won't die and it usually turns out ok.

*Went to the game store with Magic the Gathering cards and, again, embarrassed my son by asking when they had their tournaments and if my son was old enough to participate (apparently introverted me is way too extraverted for him! heh)

*Went grocery shopping and spent so much I actually looked over my receipt before I left the store.

*Put away groceries, greeting girlies home from school

*Girls went for a mountain bike ride.  I took nonobadbordercollie for a run on the bike.  This is new and she is still learning. Much "almost falling off the bike" ensued.

*Took son to pick up his friend and took them both to lax

*Came home and made dinner

*Read more of Call of the Wild to the girls

*Ate dinner

*Put kids to bed

*I fell asleep as soon as my husband sat down with me on the couch so ended up going to bed early.  He had had a pretty rough day at work and was tired, too.  

Old 03-12-2014, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter

This was yesterday; I typed it all up and was too disorganized to click "submit." 

- up and out to mother's medical appointment

- and the bank to cash a check for her

- and natural food store to buy odds and ends

- dropped mother at her house

- home, folded laundry

- walked with dog

- had lunch

- stopped by pharmacy, found out there was a dosage question on mother's meds

- got mother, boxed up donations and things she's bringing here to our house

- dropped off donations

- home for phone tag with nurse, got dosage issue resolved

- staged items to pack for our trip to see DS2 Thursday

- made dinner

- washed and hung a load of laundry

- talked with DS1 about a tax question he had

Off and running with today's list now.

ETA:  too disorganized is right -- I also prepared and refrigerated dough for DS2's pumpkin garlic knots.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Today:

- made pumpkin garlic knots

- made mother a loaf of GF bread

- packed up our electronics

- kept checking our flight status for tomorrow

- touched base with mother several times about things here while we're away

- coordinated donation pickup of furniture

- made a couple of admin support phone calls for DS1 -- he can't get to phone during the day when this offices are open

- coordinated hutch pickup with the person buying it

- kept refreshing the weather page  :P

ETA:

- took dog and all her stuff to neighbor's where she'll spend the week

- brought out some of my mother's crystal from her house; she'll arrange it on the sideboard while we're away

- finishing touches on our packing

- just checked flight status, and we're still scheduled, so off we go!

Old 03-12-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:

- kept refreshing the weather page  :P

I was so hoping for some severe storms!  Our forecast of rainy all day with severe storms in the afternoon turned into some light sprinkle around 3pm and that's it.  Oh well.  

Today was insane:

*Slept in a bit (Wed is off from working out)

*Saw girlies off to school

*Listened to son give presentation.  His PP was great, his presentation needed work.  He's working on it.

*Went to my therapy appt.

*Put leftovers in the oven to heat up for lunch and vacuumed kids' rooms, swept living level (Maria, is your dog blowing her coat because my newfie is definitely shedding himself a spring time friend right now!  heehee) and did other tidying up things

*Ate lunch with son and watched CNN about the missing plane

*Went to the school and spent FOUR HOURS making copies, stapling, etc.  omg.  

*Promised son ice cream for helping me above and beyond.  Dropped him and DD2 off at Dairy Queen

*Picked up DD1's friend.  Brought everyone home.

*I checked my email and realized there was a friendly reminder that I left my milk order and needed to pick it up ASAP.

*Rushed out and picked it up and came home in time to chat with my friend who was picking up her daughter.

Now I am cooking pizza (Whole Foods has buy one get one free pizza on Tues so I picked them up yesterday) and I paid DD1 to clean the bathrooms.  Lucky kid.  I never got paid!  ;)

Old 03-13-2014, 02:02 PM

Well, tomorrow's DD's birthday party. Which was going to be at the public gardens in the interests of low maintenance... but since a cyclone is heading our way, will probably be at our place. Which means cleaning it. Bah humbug.

So today I have to:

-Make GF/DF/sugar-free muffins - DONE

-Make and ice cupcakes - DONE

-Make fudge puddles

-Bake the frozen PB-choc-chip cookie dough - DONE

-Defrost DD's cake and ice it with a Wonder Woman theme - DONE

-Finish sewing the gift bags and fill them - DONE

-Organise games

-Clean the house and get DD to clean her room

-Make dinner - DONE

-Make and freeze bread - DONE

-Sew as much as I can of DD's Merida costume when she's not looking (including, possibly, trying it on her. Which could be logistically difficult. Chloroform counts as natural parenting in a good cause, right?)

Also:

-Wrapped my sister's birthday present

-Got DD to make her a card

Old 03-13-2014, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

^^^  Happy Birthday to your DD!  Sorry about the abrupt change of plans, though.  What a headache.

Well, we finally made it out to the west coast to see DS2!!!  Our day started late last night:

- drove down to the airport to beat the overnight icing and tunnel closure

- slept in the car (no rooms available at nearby hotel)

- up early, morning flight made it out fine after de-icing

- rented car, drove a couple hours, checked into hotel

- saw DS2, squeeeeeee!!!, for the first time since winter break

- took him grocery shopping; his deal, but we gave him a ride

- left him to finish some work before a last class tomorrow (spring break)

- had an early dinner

- and now it's not even 8PM here and I'm about to get ready for bed

Tomorrow we are sleeping late and booting up gradually.  We'll catch up after his last class ends around 4PM.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:

- saw DS2, squeeeeeee!!!, for the first time since winter break

First, happy birthday to your DD, Smokering!  I think you are wonder woman for getting all that done in a day.  :)

Also, yay for seeing your DS2, Maria!  I miss my kids when they are gone at a sleepover.  I'm glad growing up for them is a bit in the future.  

Where's kitchensqueen?  She hasn't posted in a couple days.  

Yesterday we tried to make it lazier.  

*Alarm never went off so I didn't get to work out.

*Studied in the morning

*Read to son for a long time (Diary of Anne Frank)

*Took notes for a paper

*Swept the living level, folded laundry and did general housework

*Got cases of cookies ready to transfer to another troop who thankfully needed some (I ordered WAY too many this year)

*Wrote some emails and updated the blog I just started.

*Read to son some more from Anne Frank

*He and I baked chocolate banana bundt cake

*Afterwards, put the corned beef in the oven

*worked out for a few minutes 

*Worked for an hour

I'm sure I did some other things in there but I can't remember.  We had a busy week so this was a nice, low key day.  

Old 03-14-2014, 06:31 AM

Thank you meowmix for reminding me! That's what I was going to buy for Saint Patrick's Day but forgot - now I will put corned beef on the list. My husband doesn't like it but oh well, it's only one day out of the year, and it will be softer in the crock pot.

Smokering, way to go! You're on a roll.

MariaMadly, I'm happy for you and your family as you get to see each other again. I'm enjoying my oldest while she is still 8. This morning when she woke up she volunteered to let me read what she wrote in her journal last night.

There's only one more box on the floor of my bedroom from when we moved. The top of my desk hasn't been this clean in a long time.

I changed the litterbox because I'm probably not pregnant and even if the cat doesn't come back, we want the bathroom to smell good. If she somehow survived the freezing weather last night and comes back, we'll welcome her back with a clean litterbox. I'm not hopeful that she lived through 32 degrees though. :( She's mostly an inside cat and two days ago we looked inside and out before and after dark and didn't see or hear her.

All of my children finished their chore charts yesterday (including schoolwork)! They all earned "bitcoins" - not actual bitcoins, but plastic bitcoins that my husband brought home from a conference last year. They pay for their desserts with bitcoins.

Time for breakfast, finally. (I'm so hungry during Lent!) I hope you all have a lovely day.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Catholic Mama, I hope your cat shows up again. Hubby's 6 or 7 yr old cat disappeared this past fall. He was outside all the time, but still sorta sad. A coyote probably got him. He was a PITA in the garden the last couple yearsso in that respect, I won't miss him. We're getting kittens sometime this spring. Joy, but we need them to keep mice and snakes away.

Last night we had chicken Parmesan Casserole, corn on the cob, and gf pasta. Tonight I'm going to get hubby to pick something up for dinner. So Subway or more likely something from the gas station. I'm just not feeling well. Yesterday I had to much gluten (like something from the gas station will be gf, probably make me feel worse, actually) and I was busy shipping with the little girl all by myself (which is doable, just hard. Usually she screams the majority of the 35 min trip home. I have a hard time dealing with that even when I'm not driving. Thank God, she was good as gold and slept on the drive like a normal baby), home to put up two weeks of shopping, cook dinner, then spend the evening visiting my father in laws cousin and his peppy wife. Totally wore me out. And I've been tried this week anyway.

So I'm killed today. And the baby's cranky.
We started by sleeping in after dad went to work
Got up and cleared the table so the girls could do school
Chatted with them in between work, they were gone to the coast all week bc their dad's aunt died. I think it was his aunt anyway.
Heard all about their first zoo trip and what they learned there
The dog's having her pups, so they went and checked on her a couple times. Of course it's windy today. Welcome to Washington, little pups. Get used to it.
Took a nap with the baby. That was more like work. She was tired but fighting it for an hour. Then she only slept 45 min.

Oh, funny. Right before nap time, I was changing her diaper. She was whinning and crying her protest. I had just eaten some pineapple and jello, which apparently makes me belch. When I let it out, she, in her whiney voice says, "Se-yuck!" (Sick) Lol, it was so funny.

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

Old 03-14-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix View Post

Where's kitchensqueen?  She hasn't posted in a couple days.  

Here I am! Work has been a complete nightmare lately... I've been doing 12 hour days all in. Good times. 

So today was nice after work (round one) was all done - 

- Helped Little Man plant some pumpkin seeds. We're doing the rest of the seeds we need to start early tomorrow. 

- Played trains with Little Man. 

- Sorted shape and color flash cards with Little Man. 

- Heated up leftovers for dinner. 

- Checked out the coupon preview for this weekend - nothing super exciting, so I'll just pick up one paper tomorrow. 

- Ordered The Backyard Homestead Book of Building Projects on Kindle for $2.99 - flash sale through this weekend! I'm already planning on getting the supplies tomorrow to build the seedling rack from it. 

- Did the bath and bedtime routine with Little Man. 

And now I need to work some more... if I don't get my expense reports turned out I think our Comptroller may kill me. And then I need to sort through my coupons to prepare for grocery shopping in the morning, and then I plan to read. 

Old 03-14-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKoehn View Post

Catholic Mama, I hope your cat shows up again. Hubby's 6 or 7 yr old cat disappeared this past fall. He was outside all the time, but still sorta sad. A coyote probably got him. He was a PITA in the garden the last couple yearsso in that respect, I won't miss him. We're getting kittens sometime this spring. Joy, but we need them to keep mice and snakes away.

Last night we had chicken Parmesan Casserole, corn on the cob, and gf pasta. Tonight I'm going to get hubby to pick something up for dinner. So Subway or more likely something from the gas station. I'm just not feeling well. Yesterday I had to much gluten (like something from the gas station will be gf, probably make me feel worse, actually) and I was busy shipping with the little girl all by myself (which is doable, just hard. Usually she screams the majority of the 35 min trip home. I have a hard time dealing with that even when I'm not driving. Thank God, she was good as gold and slept on the drive like a normal baby), home to put up two weeks of shopping, cook dinner, then spend the evening visiting my father in laws cousin and his peppy wife. Totally wore me out. And I've been tried this week anyway.

So I'm killed today. And the baby's cranky.
We started by sleeping in after dad went to work
Got up and cleared the table so the girls could do school
Chatted with them in between work, they were gone to the coast all week bc their dad's aunt died. I think it was his aunt anyway.
Heard all about their first zoo trip and what they learned there
The dog's having her pups, so they went and checked on her a couple times. Of course it's windy today. Welcome to Washington, little pups. Get used to it.
Took a nap with the baby. That was more like work. She was tired but fighting it for an hour. Then she only slept 45 min.

Oh, funny. Right before nap time, I was changing her diaper. She was whinning and crying her protest. I had just eaten some pineapple and jello, which apparently makes me belch. When I let it out, she, in her whiney voice says, "Se-yuck!" (Sick) Lol, it was so funny.

Thank you! I hope she comes back, too, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Last night it went down to 32 degrees.

I'm sorry to hear that your baby is cranky. I hope she feels better and gives you less grief tomorrow.

Tonight I'm meal planning for the next three weeks. I haven't really started yet, so I'll talk to y'all later...

Old 03-14-2014, 08:26 PM

UGH... I've been working on my expense reports for two hours and I'm still off by over $200. FML. I turned in what I've got and told them I will review again this weekend...

User Tag List