March 2014 *already*! What did you accomplish today? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 133 Old 03-28-2014, 05:21 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Yesterday was pretty casual and nice!

*Walked nonobadbordercollie FINALLY.  Stitches or no, she was driving us all insane.

*Answered Discussion board posts for college

*Helped son with math

*Went to chiro appt

*Went to homeschool friend's house and son played with her son and I chatted with the mom.  We agreed both kids are comfortable enough with each other to do drop offs now (which is good because I really like the mom, but I could also use the time to study or work)

*Came home in time to clean kitchen, drink coffee

*Greeted girlies and chatted with my good friend a while. 

*Husband took son to lax practice (It wasn't canceled!! WOOHOO!) while I cooked dinner

*DD1 was being a little, I guess a bit hormonal?, so I suggested she play Xbox with her sister and they played this car racing game and we had a lot of fun laughing at them- they were terrible drivers.

*Us girls had a dinner full of way too much silliness.  When it's just us three we get super silly.

*The girls picked stories tonight to read.  DD1 brought home Stone Soup, a book of stories published by kids her age.  She wants to submit to it.  After reading some of the stories, I agreed she was definitely a good enough writer to be published there.

*Tucked them in, played Diablo with husband, went to sleep!

Married, college student, part time work from home mom to DS (12), DD1 (10) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and two rats.
#122 of 133 Old 03-28-2014, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

More moving errands today:

- hauled and sorted a bunch of cardboard boxes and packing materials from mother's basement

- took recycling to the dump

- donated the packing materials to our UPS store

- set aside some great moving boxes for DS1 and his GF

- went to bank to drop off mother's trust paperwork

- went to the library

- took myself out to lunch

- put away the things I brought back here

- chatted with DH online

- folded and put away laundry

- did some stretches for my knee

Now it's either dinner, or a nap and then dinner.  Picking DH up in a couple of hours.  :joy

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#123 of 133 Old 03-28-2014, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix View Post

Kitchens, I hope you have a safe trip home!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMadly View Post

Good travels to you!

I'm finally home. It was such a nightmare. I didn't get home until 1 in the morning last night. So I was supposed to fly in O'Hare yesterday afternoon, but my flight got cancelled because they grounded all air traffic in Chicago due to gale force winds. Husband had to work today, so I couldn't wait for a the rebooked flight (which would've been about now). So I had to find another way home - ended up getting a plane to Moline via Atlanta, then a two hour drive from Moline to Chicagoland. But just as I was getting ready to go through security, I get a call from the airline that the Atlanta connection is delayed, which means I would've missed the rental car pick up and been stranded in Moline overnight. So I ran out of security and hopped on my laptop to find another flight - connection via Detroit - that left in 20 minutes! Ran to print boarding passes, miraculously got routed through TSA easy screening lanes and ran through the terminal to arrive at the gate just as the flight was boarding... two miserable flights and a nearly three hour drive home through crap weather...

But I'm here. And then I nearly quit my job. I told my boss that something has to give. This isn't the job I signed up for. She told me I was doing a good job and to not work this weekend at all and take some time to relax. She doesn't want me to quit, so we'll talk more Monday. Hopefully the message is getting through to them loud and clear at this point...

Other than all that, I slept in a bit this morning, returned the rental car and did some office work from home. Played trains, Legos and puzzles with Little Man. Did the bedtime routine, though he's sick, so he's having a hard time going down. I'm thinking about sorting through my coupons, but I'll probably just go to sleep soon, once I'm sure Little Man is sleeping. I'm past the point of exhaustion. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#124 of 133 Old 03-29-2014, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

I'm finally home. It was such a nightmare. I didn't get home until 1 in the morning last night. 

oh wow, what a nightmare.  Does your company not pay for you to take a cab home so you could have taken a more reasonable flight?  My husband had the same thing with his job.  They want him to take the cheapest flight so there's always connections.  At his last company, he always flew the most convenient.  This past time when he traveled, he was irritated about the first leg of his flight being canceled so he would miss the connecting flight.  Consequently, he had to cancel the whole meeting and his customer wasn't really happy about it.  He told his boss that if they would let him fly straight to his destination, he wouldn't have these problems.  Anyway, glad your finally made it home but sorry you made it home to a sick little one!  Hope Little Man is feeling better soon and you got some decent sleep tonight.  

Married, college student, part time work from home mom to DS (12), DD1 (10) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and two rats.
#125 of 133 Old 03-29-2014, 04:58 AM

Yesterday all I really did was work.  I am behind on my spreadsheet and I haven't been working so I worked 5 hours yesterday (which is a lot for me to do, usually I do 2 hours a day).

I also took nonobadbordercollie to the vet to get her stitches out and bought rattie food for the ratties.

Went out to lunch with son 

Bought an orange and black sweatshirt for the basketball game tonight

Listened to a Climate change documentary while I worked.

Painted girls nails and mine orange and black (the girls' school colors)

Went to the basketball game against a rival elementary school.  The rival school does this every year with another school. Teachers against teachers, girls team plays, boys team plays.  Teachers lost but our girls and boys won!!  omg, The boys' game went down to the last few seconds.  SO EXCITING.  Who knew basketball was exciting!

Came home and watched Wolf of Wall Street with husband (it was okay, a little over the top and loooooong)

#126 of 133 Old 03-29-2014, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Taking a mid-day breather:

- after breakfast, DH and I took my mother to her house

- DH and I hauled a bunch of junk to the dump

- back to her place, took another bunch of things to donation center

- home, sorted and put away the things we brought back here

- talked dogs, made list of questions and info for breeder we're visiting tomorrow

Still plan on:

- picking mother up, taking her to Mass

- quick dinner

- have to do a load of laundry

- want to make DS2 a batch of crunchy granola

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#127 of 133 Old 03-29-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:

oh wow, what a nightmare.  Does your company not pay for you to take a cab home so you could have taken a more reasonable flight?  My husband had the same thing with his job.  They want him to take the cheapest flight so there's always connections.  At his last company, he always flew the most convenient.  This past time when he traveled, he was irritated about the first leg of his flight being canceled so he would miss the connecting flight.  Consequently, he had to cancel the whole meeting and his customer wasn't really happy about it.  He told his boss that if they would let him fly straight to his destination, he wouldn't have these problems.  Anyway, glad your finally made it home but sorry you made it home to a sick little one!  Hope Little Man is feeling better soon and you got some decent sleep tonight.  

They're pretty lenient on expenses; I just couldn't get a direct flight because all air traffic into Chicago was grounded. So I had to fly to the next closest airport that was open and then drive if I wanted to get home - the weather was miserable. I'm so glad it's over now. 

Trying to get back to normalcy here - 

- Got up with Little Man so husband could sleep in - got him breakfast and watched cartoons with him. 

- Had breakfast with Little Man and husband (husband cooked). 

- Got Little Man ready to go out to run errands. 

- Stopped at Whole Foods for a travel size Burt's Bees moisturizer since I had a $1.50 off coupon that expired today - good deal and we can never have too much moisturizer on hand. 

- Popped into Hobby Lobby to cruise the clearance. For less than $5 we found almost a yard of burlap, almost a yard of beige linen, a St. Patrick's day candle holder, shamrock cupcake picks and 2 packages of St. Patrick's day ribbon. I was surprised that they still had some stuff at 90% off! 

- Grabbed a newspaper at Dollar Tree, and forgot I wanted to look at picture frames (I'm dreaming up a way to store my window clings so they don't get ruined in storage). 

- Went to Target for a few grocery items and to cruise clearance. Probably the best find of the day was a large blue metal basket for $6 (originally $20!) that is perfect for holding stuffed animals and balls in Little Man's room. I also found a package of red/white polka dot tissue paper for $0.44 and some Hormel shelf stable chicken at 50% for $1.50 (which I only buy for camping - great way to have meat without refrigeration). And used a few random coupons that expired today. 

- Stopped at Walgreens to pick up a prescription. 

- Came home and got Little Man some lunch. 

- Put Little Man down for a nap. 

I'm still super tired, so I'll probably take a short nap after I'm sure that Little Man has gone to sleep. And I need to get something to eat for lunch. Plans for the afternoon - 

- Bake cookies with Little Man. 

- Clip and organize my coupons. 

- Write a blog post or two after Little Man goes to bed this evening. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#128 of 133 Old 03-30-2014, 12:19 PM

Crazy morning of running around here - 

- Quick breakfast of eggs and croissants. 

- Dropped husband off at work for a day shift. 

- Stopped at two Targets to cruise clearance. Found a Calphalon round cake pan marked down to $6, and a ton of gift wrap and treat boxes for $0.50 each - stocked up on plenty of those in red and tan/white since they're great for any occasion. 

- Stopped at Michaels since they have a 20% off entire purchase (including sale items!) coupon this week. Found two Hello Kitty craft kits marked down to $6 from $20 and picked up two for my nieces to set aside for Christmas this year. Also picked up some Easter decor (a wood plaque and some Easter egg plant stakes) as well as some craft supplies for the Easter egg terrariums I saw on Pinterest last night - figured it will be a fun craft to do with Little Man. 

- Went to Goodwill and found a ton of stuff for $15. 

- Went to Woodmans to do a major grocery shop. 

- Drove home and got lunch for us. 

- Put away the cold groceries. 

- Put Little Man down for a nap. 

I wish I could take a nap, but this house is a mess. Need to do the following - 

- Put away the rest of the groceries. 

- Get the chicken in the crockpot for dinner. 

- Put away clean dishes. 

- Load the dishwasher with the sink full of dirty dishes. 

- Clean up a honey mess in one of the kitchen cabinets from this morning...

- Put away the gift wrap and gift items I bought. 

#129 of 133 Old 03-30-2014, 07:51 PM

Did a few more things this afternoon - 

- Ran two dishwasher loads. 

- Tidied the kitchen. 

- Stopped at Dollar Tree for large picture frames for window cling storage. Also found some more craft items for the egg terrariums - larger eggs, glittered bunnies and glittered mini eggs. Plus floral foam. 

- Picked husband up from work. 

- Made dinner. 

- Baked oatmeal cookies. 

- Half organized my work bag. 

- Laid out my clothes for work. 

Now I'm sitting here, dreading having to go to work tomorrow. Not good. 

#130 of 133 Old 03-31-2014, 05:05 AM

Kitchensqueen, your day was so busy!  It made me exhausted just reading it!  I hope your day at work is tolerable.  :)

Sunday was gloriously lazy.  We had a lazy morning.  Husband let me sleep in and made omelets for breakfast.

It has been raining allll weekend.  Today is was sleet, rain and snow.  They didn't cancel DD2's lax game.  After lounging around in the morning, drove 45 minutes in the sleet to Ariel's lax game only to have it canceled 3 minutes before we got there (yay!  We didn't want her playing in the sleet.  No hats or jackets allowed to be worn on the field).

Drove home (I fell asleep in the car) and tried to meet friends at Ted's Bulletin for lunch.  Shouldn't we realize in our area, on Sunday, EVERYTHING is packed.  It was a 3 hour wait (no joke).

Went to Counter Burger instead.  

Came home and I was so disgruntled with the snow.  It was snowing and starting to stick.  I decided not to do ANYTHING today.

Put the heating pad on my shoulder and watched a Nature documentary with DD1.  

Fell asleep.

Went upstairs to sleep because nonobadbordercollie kept pawing at my head and nosing my ear (I guess I nap so rarely she thought I was dead!  lol)

Came downstairs at 6pm and sat with DD1 and her friend while they built snap circuits.

Made Chili Mac for dinner.

Listened to DD1's story (it's exciting so far!)

Watched a show and then, no joke, went to bed.  lol

Sunday was the day of sleeping for sure!

#131 of 133 Old 03-31-2014, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Manic Monday.

- built care packages for DS1 and DS2

- post office to mail those

- computer repair place to drop off my laptop

- natural food co-op for DH's cream

- my mother's to haul stuff away

- donation center to leave a few things

- transfer station for recycling

- DH's office to take him a plant

- print shop to print some homework for him

- our house to haul junk from my mother's to our shed

- final call to utilities about closing mother's account

- back to print shop because we missed a couple of files

- back to my mother's, hauled more stuff

- back to DH's office to gift someone there with one of my mother's too-big-to-join-us houseplants

- home, put stuff away

- emailed realtor asking is the closing still day after tomorrow, and how about letting us know the location, please?

- almost 4:30 PM and I'm about to get lunch

I told DH this afternoon our next moving method will involve arson.

#132 of 133 Old 03-31-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:

Kitchensqueen, your day was so busy!  It made me exhausted just reading it!  I hope your day at work is tolerable.  :)

Well... unfortunately I think it's going to get worse before it gets better. I just wish I could be a farmer! But aside from work dramas, did a few things - 

- Got cash at the ATM. 

- Played trains and tangrams with Little Man. 

- Made dinner. 

- Did the bedtime routine with Little Man. 

- Checked job listings and my emails. 

- Laid out my clothes for work. 

Now I'm going to watch Call the Midwife with husband, and pretend that I'm not stressed out at all...

#133 of 133 Old 04-01-2014, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Gently nudging us into April:  http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1399841/april-2014-what-did-you-accomplish-today

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page