Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)

Happy New Month!  Started off on a middling-productive note:

- up to a phone call from my mother's realtor

- printed a purchase and sale agreement on her house for her to sign

- drove down to Kinko's and got it scanned

- back home, emailed it to realtor, paid some bills online

- washed and hung two loads of laundry

- poked around some more book recommendations; building a great wish list at powells.com

- walked with dog

- quick pass through cellar with DH, found room for some things he wants from my mother's place

- talked with DS1 on the phone

- took mother to Mass

- hung out, talked tablets with DH (he's buying one for school -- federal fiscal grad level program)

- continued email back-and-forth with a girlfriend

- got forms from DS2 in mail, started preparing last financial aid packet for Monday's mail

- stitched some more on my needlework monogram

Next is a late light dinner, reading, and bed

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 133 Old 03-01-2014, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)

Ha, I just realized I posted in last month's thread earlier today. What the crap - where did February go! 

After nap time for both Little Man and me, we had a nice afternoon. It's been snowing again though... I'm trying to be charmed by it instead of annoyed. 

- Tidied the house. 

- Set up watercolor painting for Little Man and helped him make a painting. 

- Heated up leftovers for dinner. 

- Did a little interneting while Little man played with his trains. 

- Did the bedtime routine with Little Man. 

- Did some office work, while also watching the Hawks game. 

Now I'm watching the end of the game and just relaxing. Didn't do any of the cleaning I was "supposed" to do, even though my in laws are coming tomorrow. The house isn't that bad. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#3 of 133 Old 03-02-2014, 01:32 PM

I'm still having a hard time believing it's March...

Pretty good day here so far - 

- Made eggs and turkey sausage for breakfast. 

- Cleaned the bathroom. 

- Swept and spot-cleaned the kitchen floor. 

- Loaded the dishwasher and ran it. 

- Handwashed a few dishes. 

- Hosted my in laws for a visit with Little Man. 

- Put laundry to wash - one load is done, the second load is in the dryer. 

- Clipped coupons and organized my coupon binder. 

After my in laws left, Little Man went down for a nap and I dozed a bit too. Now we've got the Wolves hockey game on tv, and will spend the afternoon playing and baking. We're definitely going to make oatmeal cookies, and maybe gingerbread cookies too. And we might do some more watercolor painting this afternoon.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#4 of 133 Old 03-02-2014, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

^^^ Watercolor painting sounds so relaxing.

Mile a minute today:

- up to take my mother to her house

- home for a quick breakfast

- swept and vacuumed the floors in our kitchen and living area

- took our two upright vacuum cleaners out the to car for donation

- with old blankets and a couple of other things

- went down to kinko's, made copies for DS2's financial aid packet

- stopped in at Bed, Bath, Beyond with a coupon and got a much lighter-weight upright

- home, walked with dog

- got a quick nap

- picked up my mother

- got her donation boxes out to the car, dropped the whole thing off at Goodwill; amazing haul today

- home again; "fixed" mother's TV (the converter box had been turned off by mistake)

- made DH some lunches for work

- did dinner prep for him to cook; yes, onions were indeed involved

- dug around some more book recommendations

- did a little needlework

- built DS2's care package

- and his financial aid packet

Now to sleep.  More purging tomorrow, maybe.  That would be great, because we're bringing things over from my mother's, and I feel as though our house is bulging.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#5 of 133 Old 03-03-2014, 04:17 AM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)

LOL!  Didn't even realize it was March!  This month flew by!  Thanks for posting the reminder!

It looks llike everyone had a nice Sunday!

Yesterday..

*Wrote in my college schedule for the semester.  When things are due, etc.  omg. I'm busy.

*Showered and all that jazz.

*Filled out the Notice of Intent for son.

*Went to the grocery store to pick up things before The Snow happens

*Put away groceries

*Made dinner (short ribs in wine with carrots and mushrooms) to put in the oven on low.

*Took an impromptu jog/walk with son and DD1 and the badbordercollie (who really was bad).  It was nice to get out and run and it was warmish and we all had lots of fun.  DD2 was at lax practice with husband.

*Read my book for a bit

*Took son to volunteer club, read my book some more there

*Ate dinner and the normal evening routine!

Married, part time work from home mom to DS (13 and homeschooling), DD1 (11) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and a cute rat.
#6 of 133 Old 03-03-2014, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Slogging my way through a Monday:

- up and out to post office; mailed DS2's box and financial aid packet (mini happy dance!)

- bought groceries and home to unload them

- ran utilities workers off my property (really, I was nice, but there are deeded access points in the area, and our home isn't one of them)

- chatted with mother about some plans for the week

- built the last of my book wish list off some recommendations I'd been reading

- walked with dog

- ate lunch

- fine-tuned some minutes for a meeting I'm attending this evening

- folded two loads of laundry

meowmix, how did your DS's first day of school go?

#7 of 133 Old 03-03-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMadly View Post

Slogging my way through a Monday:

That so accurately describes today. I worked from home and it was just PAINFUL. But I won't go there. The only thing I've done is look over the mail. And now I must get up and get dinner on the table..

#8 of 133 Old 03-03-2014, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started this post yesterday, pretend it is Sunday....

Today had been busy, esp for what is supposed to be my rest day.

Started off sleeping in. She's cutting a new molar this week, still working on 2 others. So she's been restless at night, crabby all day. Mom and dad are tried too.
(Hubby just text that he wrecked on the way to work, but the car is still drivable and he's okay. It's been snowing and he likely went off the road. I told him to tell me the details when he gets to work. Don't need another one. )
Put the baby on her potty while I went and took my bp and pulse. She ended up peeing on the floor three times in under 2 min and in her potty one time. Every time I say the kid down, she'd get up, follow me as I got clean clothes or cleaned the floor, and pee again! I think the first was an accident. After that. Ah!
Then a baking frenzy. Gluten free pumpkin roll, gf buns, gf pizza.
Nap time
Visit Grandma's next door
Came home and called my mom
Bed

TODAY
Straightened
Put some pics on Flickr
Did some financial stuff
Showered and colored my hair, did a facial
Helped the girls with school
Buffed my toe nails while watching our science lecture
Ate lunch
Nap time
Checked email and Pinterest
Now, here I am

Still need to
Do dishes
Was going to go vacuum, but hubby doesn't want to hear the noise right now. Lol Me either, that would mean I was doing it! Ha.
Straighten the house
Make tea
Trash out, it sinks
Clean some piles

I must needs get up and do it or it won't get done. Sigh. I need a maid. Or more energy.

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#9 of 133 Old 03-03-2014, 05:06 PM

Here's an excuse to sit longer. Speaking of no energy.
You know those 5 Hr Energy shots they sell? My then 14 yr old sil got one from the store and took it the next morning before school.
(Suddenly starting to act hyper)
"Woo! 5 Hour Energy! I can feel it working, and is been right at 5 Hours! !"
** forehead slap**
She thought she would have energy 5 hours from taking it. So mentally, she did.
Being the sister-in-law instead of the teacher at the moment, I just smiled and nodded, and thought, "Stupid kid. "
I never told her the truth. I'm still waiting for the right moment.

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#10 of 133 Old 03-03-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKoehn View Post

Here's an excuse to sit longer. Speaking of no energy.
You know those 5 Hr Energy shots they sell? My then 14 yr old sil got one from the store and took it the next morning before school.
(Suddenly starting to act hyper)
"Woo! 5 Hour Energy! I can feel it working, and is been right at 5 Hours! !"
** forehead slap**
She thought she would have energy 5 hours from taking it. So mentally, she did.
Being the sister-in-law instead of the teacher at the moment, I just smiled and nodded, and thought, "Stupid kid. "
I never told her the truth. I'm still waiting for the right moment.

Oy, I am definitely jealous of having mind over matter actually work for energy level. But I've done a few things in the last two hours anyway! 

- Made chicken and dumplings for dinner. I made the dumplings in the shapes of hearts to make myself feel better, and Little Man helped me cut them out. 

- Handwashed a few dishes. 

- Did bath time with Little Man. 

- Snuggled and read a magazine for a little while with Little Man. 

- Checked my personal email. 

- Tried on an outfit to make sure it works, and laid it out for work tomorrow. 

Now husband is doing bed time with Little Man, and I'm doing what I want to relax. Will browse for books to add to my must-read list (your post reminded me MariaMadly), and read the library book that's due back this week (about halfway done with it), and maybe watch a show for with husband. I will NOT be opening my work email again tonight! 

#11 of 133 Old 03-04-2014, 05:42 AM

Quote:

meowmix, how did your DS's first day of school go?

Given that the girls were home for a snow day and it was messy and noisy in here, he did good!  He researched for a "book" he has decided to write about the history of DJing, he did some HTML lessons from a free course I found, he baked a chocolate cake with me, read quite a bit, took a nap and practiced on his DJ decks.  Today is another snow day and so I'm hoping a friend will come over today and hang with him.  I think this will be successful.  I already met with him yesterday to talk about what he would like to do this week and what my schedule looked like. 

Yesterday public schools were canceled for the snow storm.  It was pretty yucky for our area (ice, rain and snow)

I spent most of the day studying and some time working.

Checked in with the kids at various points.  The girls had friends over from the neighborhood and turned our entire living room into a blanket fort.  Then drank hot chocolate.  So there were mugs, snack wrappers and blankets EVERYWHERE when they were done.  *sigh* 

Told girls repeatedly throughout the day to come back and clean up their various messes.  

Retreated to the home office to study some more.

Baked a cake with my son and laughed over the fact that he had to watch a 15 minute video in home ec on how to sift flour when he was in school.  

Took the badbordercolliemix on a walk through the snow and she was in doggy heaven (she LOVES this cold weather.  Newfie, not so much.)

Came home and was going to do something with the girls, but they were still with friends so I studied some more.

We had a gift card to Red Robin so we braved the ice to meet some good friends to eat dinner.  Ate dinner for hours.  Home at ten.  We all (except husband) collapsed in bed.  

Today school is canceled again so I will probably study amidst noisy kids again and hope to make it to the store for a few things (and just to get out).

Married, part time work from home mom to DS (13 and homeschooling), DD1 (11) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and a cute rat.
#12 of 133 Old 03-04-2014, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter

MrsKoehn and kitchensqueen, you've heard of the spoon theory?  http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/wpress/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/ 

#13 of 133 Old 03-04-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:

MrsKoehn and kitchensqueen, you've heard of the spoon theory?  http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/wpress/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/ 

WOW. That's a pretty powerful read. Thanks MariaMadly - this is helping my outlook, and I'm definitely going to share it with my loved ones. 

#14 of 133 Old 03-04-2014, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

WOW. That's a pretty powerful read. Thanks MariaMadly - this is helping my outlook, and I'm definitely going to share it with my loved ones. 

Glad to pass it along . . . you and several others on here had mentioned some health struggles, and I've kept meaning to post it.

Other than disappointing my dog by not taking her out just now, so far I have:

- gone to eye doctor for a follow-up visual field test; I think it went better than last time

- popped into a boutique downtown to look at dresses, walked out with a tea-length-something-in-black

- got a small handful of groceries at natural food co-op

- came home to find email from J. Peterman that they're out of stock in the size I asked for in exchange, so win-win

- made plans for tomorrow with my mother

- walked with dog

- roasted and diced up a couple of pieces of chicken for DH

- started chicken soup for tomorrow's dinner (am I the only one who won't eat it the day I make it?)

- shoved a table and some other stuff around down basement to make room for a work bench from my mother's house

- drafted an email inviting participants in a local program for the homeless to some of our municipal committee meetings

- kept fire going

#15 of 133 Old 03-04-2014, 05:54 PM

Another day of work insanity here, but I've tried to temper it with less stressful things - 

- Sorted through the mail - I got some free products that will go in the donation bag for the food pantry this week. 

- Played trains and cars with Little Man. 

- Sat down for family dinner at the kitchen table with everyone. 

- Tidied up the house while husband cleaned up dinner. 

- Did the bedtime routine with Little Man. 

Now unfortunately, I need to do some more office work... but we're watching a little PBS at the same time, and I'm still hoping to go to bed at a halfway decent hour and do a little reading. 

#16 of 133 Old 03-05-2014, 06:38 AM

Quote:

Oh, wow.  That was really wonderful.  I don't have that level of pain.. yet.  I anticipate I may one day, but I have arthritis, not lupus so my pain is different (not in a good or bad way, just different).  Thanks for making me weepy this morning!  :)

Oh how do I never have enough time in a day?  

*Snow day AGAIN for the kids.  

*I feel like my day passed really quickly.  Cleaned kitchen.

*Retreated to the office to study.

*What?  Lunchtime?

*Had a long chat with son, who is having trouble organizing his time and being motivated right now (it's hitting him that homeschooling isn't nonstop field trips and excitement)

*Took all the kids and DD2's BFF to Michaels.  Girls spent their own money on clay, yarn, etc.  I purchased son some "homeschooling stuff".  WWII model boat and paint, sketch book/pencils, wind energy project that was on a good sale.

*Came home and walked badbordercollie with friend while kids worked with new crafty things and son drew.

*Chatted with friend while sitting with girls while they worked on stuff.

*omg, dinner time already?  Made dinner while also researching a discussion board post for college.

*Ate dinner, talked with husband.

*Read kids our chapter book (Call of the Wild).

*Watched House of Cards when I really should have been working.

*Went to bed and slept fitfully because this pain med I am on is not working very well.  I think I am going to ask my rheumatologist for a rx for Celebrex.  It worked the best without side effects.  

#17 of 133 Old 03-05-2014, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

^^^  You've gotten hammered down there this year!  DH travels to WDC for work and was there for one of the ice events; he was very impressed.

Today, amid only flurries, I:

- dropped mother off at her house

- went to dentist to have two cavities filled, now I have a Novocaine headache

- stopped at natural food store for the things I forgot yesterday

- washed and hung a load of laundry

- walked-with-dog

- picked up and put away some books that were kicking around the living area

- watered my plants

- restarted the fire in the wood stove

- retrieved mother

- helped sort a small bag of things she brought over to keep / donate / toss

Coasting the rest of the day; soup is made, and dinner was my only real ambition from this point.  Want to read a little, DS2 loaned me a great book, and it's pretty ambitious going.

What I did not accomplish and want to get back in the routine of doing:

- the physical therapy exercises for my knee

Posting it here will help motivate me.  <She said hopefully.>

#18 of 133 Old 03-05-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:

I don't think I've read that before, but it is a good picture. I like it and have to tell you, when people are always asking how you feel, how much do you weigh, why haven't you weaned the baby, what are your bowl movements like... It takes a spoon sometimes in and of itself! Thank you for sharing.

Yesterday was so nice, from snow Sunday, 34º Monday, then 58º yesterday. We were out cleaning up the flower plus, herbs and pruning the Roses of Sharon. Today I was going to get out and whack off the black hollyhocks from last year and plant some seeds I should have done in October. Oops. But after school and her extra long nap, it was cloudy, windy and colder. It was sunny and 63º around noon. Shucks, but the forecast is nice and springy.

#19 of 133 Old 03-05-2014, 07:47 PM

Today was slightly less mental at work, but not by much. Nice night though - 

- Helped Little Man rebuild his train track. 

- Dinner with the family. 

- Went to yoga. 

- Snuggled and talked to Little Man for bit when I woke him up accidentally when I got home from yoga. 

- Laid out my clothes for work tomorrow.

- Did a bit of office work. 

Now I'm headed to bed to read for a little while. 

#20 of 133 Old 03-06-2014, 09:08 AM

omg.  So busy.  This is insane.  :)  Honestly, I can't even really remember what I did yesterday!  

I think I

*Worked for a bit

*Went to my orthodontist appt

*Researched and answered a response my professor wrote regarding a discussion post I had done.

*Made sure son stayed on task for things.

*Ate lunch

*Went to the music place to sign son up for DJ lessons, went to the library for more books

*Tried to study with son at Starbucks but it was too busy so we ran an errand and went home to finish studying

*I read various textbook chapters.  Son did something productive that I can't remember now!  oops.

*Girlies home!  Checked in with them.  Put them to work helping me clean my dirt pit of a house for Odyssey of the Mind.

*Made the world's fasted dinner (angel hair pasta with sauce dumped on it)

*Girls had Odyssey of the Mind with husband.  I took son to DJ lesson.

*Studied while he was there.

*Came home and tucked girlies in and talked about their meeting.

*I should have finished working but I ended up watching TV and going to bed.

So far this morning I have finished working, written part of my paper for social psych, made this gross thing snot/earwax candy thing with Trevor (we didn't eat it), showed him the intricacies in baking cookies (we'll call that home ec!), written various emails and responded to a discussion board post in my "death and dying" psych class.  Son has DJ'd a bit, read the Diary of Anne Frank and watched a video on WWII.  He is taking a Halo break right now.  When I said no video games he said "Mom, Halo can help me with my multitasking, my strategy and my hand eye coordination.  Can I play just a bit?"  lol.  I couldn't argue that (it actually is true, I'm pretty sure) and so I gave him 30 minutes.  This afternoon we'll meet a friend for coffee and I'll do some research on climate change and green energy with son.  

#21 of 133 Old 03-06-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:

^^^  You've gotten hammered down there this year!  DH travels to WDC for work and was there for one of the ice events; he was very impressed.

What I did not accomplish and want to get back in the routine of doing:

- the physical therapy exercises for my knee

Posting it here will help motivate me.  <She said hopefully.>

We're all so sick of snow here!  Especially since it's spring time for us so we'll have these warmer days (it was in the 60s for a few days!) then we get some big ole snow dump.  I'm ready to not see snow for a while!  You seem to have more consistent levels of snow though?  I mean, we get snow and it melts.  Then we have warmer temps.  Then we get snow again and go through the whole cycle.  

I'm holding you to that P/T for your knee!  Do it!  It's good for you and will help your knee feel so much better if it's sore right now!  :D

#22 of 133 Old 03-06-2014, 06:36 PM

Sick again. I'm so tired of sore throats, running noses, and feeling like crap. I've had enough. So today after work (and yes, I mustered and actually went into the office since I worked from home Monday and Tuesday), I didn't do much. But I'm counting the little things today - 

- Helped Little Man rebuild his train track. 

- Dinner with the family (yes, we all ate on the couch today).  

- Sorted the mail. 

- Did bedtime with Little Man. 

- Read a few articles in the new This Old House magazine while half paying attention to a rerun episode of Inspector Lewis on PBS. 

And now I'm just putzing around on the interwebs, and probably crawl into bed with a book for an early night shortly. I just finished my library book on the Kindle on the train ride to work this morning, so I booted up the computer partly to find something new to read. 

#23 of 133 Old 03-06-2014, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Main things I accomplished today were phone work, which I loathe:

- had a couple of short back-and-forths with my mother's realtor

- talked to a donation center about picking up furniture from her place

- talked to movers about lead time needed to haul the furniture she's having brought here

The biggest thing for me was lead time; that'll help me get my head around it when the time does come, which I think will be the second half of the month.  Anyhow, those were the hard part.  In easier to deal with:

- chatted with DS2; he is almost out of liquid soap and has a ten-page paper and can he also have some more of those crackers he really likes?

- went to the post office and mailed him a box containing the above

- picked up kibble and dog treats

- had lovely walk with dog; gave her treats

- met DH's new tablet and mistakenly took myself to a chat list where I could contact girls-girls-girls

- now a late dinner . . . it's almost 10 PM but I haven't been hungry

#24 of 133 Old 03-07-2014, 05:21 AM

Quote:

Main things I accomplished today were phone work, which I loathe:

- met DH's new tablet and mistakenly took myself to a chat list where I could contact girls-girls-girls

I hate the phone, too.  But I :rotflmaoat your introduction to DH's tablet!  

Yesterday:

*Woke up early to work and finished my spreadsheet

*Was kind of grumpy.

*DD2 made me eggs and coffee (insisted on it, actually) so I couldn't allow myself to be grumpy after that!

*Worked madly on a psych paper and tried not to weep, wondering how I would get it all done

*Baked cookies with son

*Went to meet a friend for coffee for an hour.  Son came and worked on report and HTML class.

*Picked up rx for meds.

*Came home and walked badbordercollie.  Son took a nap (I think he's catching up on lost sleep!)

*Met girls from school.  Chatted with them a bit.

*Dropped my psych class so now I only have 6 instead of 12 credits.  There is not enough time to do my social psych class.  It's just too much and it's not worth the time investment.

*Was instantly relieved.  Cooked kale/smoked porkchop quiche with green beans for dinner.

*Researched math curriculum, showed Life of Fred to son, who liked it.  Girls had Odyssey of the Mind meeting

*Went out for a beer with husband because we were both fried.

*BED.

#25 of 133 Old 03-07-2014, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I'd say TGIF but the weekend looks like a hectic combination of moving prep and travel prep.  We hope breaking it into bite-sized pieces helps.  Today I'm slow and sleep-deprived but still upright:

- took mother to a medical appointment follow-up, results were better at this check

- back home, ran some numbers budgeting our cash flow for the rest of the month

- folded laundry

- did some of the PT stretches for my knee!

- walked-with-dog

Still would like to:

- coordinate with DH about going to my mother's to tag furniture for movers and donation center

- measure the furniture so I sound lucid when I'm talking with people to set it up

- cut up cabbage and kielbasa into my chicken stock for tonight's soup . . . oops, that has to happen kind of now -- have a good weekend, everyone!

#26 of 133 Old 03-07-2014, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

Sick again. I'm so tired of sore throats, running noses, and feeling like crap. I've had enough.

Hope you're feeling better today.  That gets so effing old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix View Post

*Dropped my psych class so now I only have 6 instead of 12 credits.  There is not enough time to do my social psych class.  It's just too much and it's not worth the time investment.

*Was instantly relieved. 

Just wanted to say, good for you.  Hope everything sits better overall now that you've put this where it belongs.

#27 of 133 Old 03-07-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:

Hope you're feeling better today.  That gets so effing old.

Yeah, it seriously does. I'm so ready for this winter to be over. I'm actually feeling worse today, so I'm hoping that means I'll start feeling better tomorrow... so obviously not much on my list for today, since I have the sickies - 

- Worked a pretty full day from home for The Illustrious Office Job (it never stops ever, for anyone or anything...grrr). 

- Paid the phone bills. 

- Charged my phone after it completely ran out of battery. 

- Went through an entire box of kleenex. 

Tonight - absolutely nothing. Maybe a shower and fresh pajamas. I never even got dressed today. 

#28 of 133 Old 03-08-2014, 11:10 AM

So, I discovered that I was really too sick to leave the house today. But I had promised Little Man that we would go to Hobby Lobby and Target, and a promise is a promise, so off we went...

- Went to Hobby Lobby. 40% off Easter this weekend, so we picked up 4 24-packs of mini Easter eggs, so we can make some egg garlands to decorate with. $2.50 for all four. 

- Went to Target. I had $1.50 off Bird's Eye veggies coupons that expired today, so I was able to get 3 rice/veg mixes for free, and 2 bags of edamame for $0.20 each. Also found Go-Go Squeeze on clearance and with a coupon, got 3 Toms of Maine toothpastes with coupons and scored a free Method hand soap on a special purchase deal, and got 4 packs of red/white polka dot tissue paper for $0.60 each on clearance with Cartwheel. And picked up 2 strings of shamrock lights from the One Spot for Little Man's room. 

- Fed Little Man lunch. 

- Hung the shamrock lights in Little Man's room. 

Now I'm waiting for him to go to sleep for his nap so I can sleep too. 

#29 of 133 Old 03-08-2014, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

^^^  Hope you're able to get some rest.

Tiring day for this introvert, but a nice one:

- sort of slow start to the morning

- washed and hung a load of laundry

- measured some furniture here

- walked-with-dog, at almost 40 degrees F it was getting too warm for both of us

- went to my mother's with DH, where we

- chatted with her neighbor

- measured some of her furniture and went over ideas for placing at our house

- carted some tools and old Tonka trucks into our car

- went to a function DH had for work; very nice people, but I am really flagging now

- home and unloaded the car

- did dinner prep for DH -- I chopped onions!

No ambitions for this evening.  DH and DS1 may talk about DS1's taxes; he's never had to fill them out before and left a voicemail saying he had a couple of questions.

#30 of 133 Old 03-08-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:

^^^  Hope you're able to get some rest.

Thanks; I actually did. Little Man did eventually fall asleep this afternoon, so I was able to catch some sleep while he napped. It helped a bit. Mustered energy to do the bare basics after we both woke up - 

- Got Little Man a snack after nap time. 

- Browsed Pinterest for new recipe ideas while Little Man played trains. 

- Made chicken noodle soup for my dinner. 

- Made macaroni and cheese for Little Man's dinner. 

- Put away clean dishes from the dishwasher. 

- Filled the dishwasher with dirty dishes.

- Hand washed a few pots and the cutting board. 

- Wiped the kitchen counters. 

- Did the bath and bedtime routine with Little Man. 

I'm tired now! Laying around and internetting and reading awhile, and then I'll have an early bedtime. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page