Peeing at the pool or beach - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: In which of these places have you gone pee while swimming, where would you allow your son to pee?
I always go to restrooms. 2 20.00%
I'd insist that my son always use the restrooms. 3 30.00%
I've peed in locker room showers. 3 30.00%
I'd allow my son pee in locker room showers. 5 50.00%
I've peed in a pool or water park. 2 20.00%
I'd allow my son pee in a pool or water park. 2 20.00%
I've peed in the water at a beach. 8 80.00%
I'd allow my son to pee in the water at a beach. 8 80.00%
I've peed on a beach. 0 0%
I'd allow my son to pee on a beach. 2 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-12-2014, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I brought up this subject earlier, but I kind of screwed up the poll. Anyway, last summer at a water park, I was walking back from eating with my sons and my teenage son walking ahead of us stepped into the boys room. Naturally, My youngest announced he needed to go pee pee too. I tried to catch my eldest son and have him take his brother as well, but he turned the corner too quickly. Now, there's no door, just an alcove leading into the showers, then on into the restrooms, so I peeked around the corner to try to catch him before he got away. When I did, he was right there in the shower area, back to us, but before I could say a thing he began urinating right there! I stepped back out, a bit embarrassed and not sure what to say to him, when a lifeguard walk past us. I could only think, "my sons in trouble" and waited outside expecting to hear something said. When I didn't I peaked back in to see the lifeguard doing the same thing. At that point I sent my youngest in alone and told him to find his brother.

I'm not saying I've never gone pee in the showers, but it surprised me how bold they were and I wasn't sure if I should have sent my little boy in pick this up from them. Where have you gone pee while swimming and were would you allow your boys to do so?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-12-2014, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Don't pee in the pool. It isn't just gross.

http://qz.com/185968/pool-pee-isnt-just-gross-its-also-harming-swimmers/

Twin boys (2/05) and little sister (10/07)
#3 of 4 Old 03-15-2014, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

At indoor pools there is a problem with air quality, especially with poor ventilation. Peeing in the pools does worsen the problem, but perspiration also reacts with chlorine, which can't be avoided. I go before I get in the pool, but like many, I'm not gonna get out to go.

#4 of 4 Old 03-23-2014, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Relax Beachmom5, at the pool I manage it's quite common for men, not just boys to urinate in the showers and even around the dressing area, it's just a guy thing I guess. If your boys are visiting public pools or gyms they're going to be exposed to that type of behavior. I suppose you could have a discussion with them about it, telling them that while others may do it, it's not the appropriate place to pee. On the other hand, it's harmless and it's doubtful that they'd ever get in trouble for doing so, as from my experience I'd have to say most men don't use the restroom. Not always, but many evenings after closing I've noticed there are no wet footprints leading to the urinals and they are perfectly clean, having never been used.

I wouldn't be concerned about your little one picking up this habit from his brother, it's not a big deal. I think too many moms these days intervene when they shouldn't. I think it's important for boys to build their confidence as they mature, even at the cost of being a bit crude. I've got a nephew whom would never do such a thing, but then he's embarrassed to even use a public restroom, too much a mommas boy!  I know that my boys don't use the restrooms, but at least they aren't whining to me, "mom, I gotta go," they're taking care of it like a man.

As for your daughter, I myself pee in pools and I see from other posts you yourself confess to doing so, I'm not sure why you're concerned about your daughter doing so.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page