My own toddler-worthy fit: "I DON' WANNA!!! DON' WANNA!!!" - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-19-2014, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

I don't want to go to my aunt-in-law's funeral tomorrow.  I've been tired, busy, I homeschool so my breaks are my work days.  I just finished with gs cookie sales, a series of doctor and dentist appointments.  I am actually having a semi-relaxed day because (oops) played hooky from jury duty (thankfully small town, court cancelled) after getting home late last night from a leader's meeting, which is my 2 seconds of social time.  Preparing for tonight's meeting right now as soon I get off this damn thing.   DH is sick and when he's not sick his work schedule is full and volatile so I can't plan on a day without the girls, and even so, I want them to GO AWAY so I can veg at home, but the last time they gave me a day they were gone 3 HOURS.  Woo hoo.  I suppose I should be glad about those 3 hours, and I am but it wasn't enough.

Thursday was supposed to be a day home, but I have to drive 1.5 hrs to go to a funeral for someone I met once or twice, and MIL and dh would like the girls to come and I would like to send dh and the girls but then I'd feel guilty and I don't think "I want to plaster my ass to the couch all day instead be with the family" is an excuse I can live with.  

And I don't want the favorite uncle over this weekend or clean up my house for this impromptu visit.  I DON' WANNA I DON' WANNA!!!!

And all this leaves me feeling terribly guilty because these people are so sweet and worth my precious time, but I am so starved for my own time that I'm thinking these terrible selfish thoughts.

I DON' WANNA GO!!!! DON' WANNA!!!!  WAHHHHH!!!!!

The funeral is not going to be the tear-fest.  The aunt had been expected to pass, so much of the grieving has been done.  I don't think the funeral itself will be a bad experience, and with 2 of us there I can walk out with the girls.  I'm sure it won't be as bad as I'm feeling, but I still DON'T WANT TO GO.

Lord, Grant me the serenity.......

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#2 of 6 Old 03-19-2014, 04:10 PM
AAK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I understand and sympathize.  Wouldn't it be nice to just say "no" once in a while--even (or perhaps, especially) to just sit on the couch and veg!  I hope you have a nice time regardless and that you get a chance to veg sometime in the near future.  Sending (((hugs))) your way!

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 
#3 of 6 Old 03-19-2014, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)

Aww, I'm so sorry.  Hugs to you!  And please be kind to yourself and give yourself permission to take what you need from a given day.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#4 of 6 Old 03-19-2014, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Feeling a wee bit better.  Still don't want to go, but my fit is over, and like any toddler in a loving family I got my tears dried and my feelings validated :p.  So glad jury duty was cancelled (especially since I forgot about it-- I *knew* Wednesday wasn't supposed to feel so spacious!)

What I'm thankful for--at least the funeral is at 2:00, so we don't need to leave until noon.  

Zzzzzzzzz.........

And although the church and the extended family are super religious, at least the family is blissfully free of family politics.  Everyone is very nice.  I'll have to watch the sarcasm flying off my tongue in advance of my brain.  They are having dinner at a Mexican restaurant.  I'll lay off the margaritas.  That would be best.

#5 of 6 Old 03-20-2014, 06:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Perhaps you wouldn't have to go to any more funerals if you didn't lay off the margaritas (remember when SweetSilver got drunk at Auntie's funeral and danced on the tables at the restaurant? Maybe we should discourage her from coming this time.) ? Just kidding! I hope that you do get some down time soon.

#6 of 6 Old 03-20-2014, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfTheMeadow View Post

Perhaps you wouldn't have to go to any more funerals if you didn't lay off the margaritas (remember when SweetSilver got drunk at Auntie's funeral and danced on the tables at the restaurant? Maybe we should discourage her from coming this time.) ? Just kidding! I hope that you do get some down time soon.

:laughGot through it.  Girls were fine, dinner after was fine.  I am just glad to be home.  Not glad to now be off to work tomorrow.  I will get my day home... maybe next Tuesday.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page