April 2014 -- What did you accomplish today? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 220 Old 04-11-2014, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)

^^^  Yes, congratulations, and every happiness!

Such mundane, non-vaginal accomplishments here:

- watched a turkey (young tom) posturing in our backyard

- bought groceries and put them away

- wrote and mailed check for a puppy deposit

- sorted, labeled, bagged, and stored parts of Lego Universe up in the attic

- withdrew in dismay at finding one of DS2's boxes of very dusty Legos -- those await another day

- practiced a little French online

- changed some passwords at bank because of Heartbleed (DS1 is a software developer who is cynical of doomsday reporting and told me last night this was serious $hit)

- built soup for tomorrow

More reading tonight.  I have a library book about the polio epidemic and am alternating with the loaner from DS2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Nothing . . . and probably a J.D. Robb if my brain melts.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#62 of 220 Old 04-11-2014, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix View Post

Productive days at work rock!  Maybe everyone is still trying to allow you to feel the calm of your vacation... ;)

Actually, I'm pretty sure they're scared sh**less I'm going to quit. And they should be, so I'm going to let that notion ride for awhile. ;-)

Worked from home today, so it was a mixed bag. I usually get to sleep in a bit on Fridays since I don't have to get on the train, but I had an early morning meeting so that was a bust. But after work, a few nice things - 

- Ordered a restaurant.com certificate for a dinner discount. 

- Browsed the coupon preview for this weekend (lots of coupons, so I'm going to get at least three papers). 

- Tidied the living room. 

- Went to forest preserve with Little Man and husband to walk around the lake and fly a kite. 

- Stopped at the liquor store. 

- Picked up dinner. 

- Dinner with Little Man and husband.  

- Did the bedtime routine with Little Man. 

Now husband and I are just relaxing - half watching the Hawks game. I'm going to clip and organize coupons and putz around online. Maybe a bit of reading. 

Happy Friday!

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#63 of 220 Old 04-11-2014, 11:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you, MariaMadly  :)

So far into my accomplishments today is haul my botty out of bed at 6 AM to get ready and breakfasted pre-farm. Iona one of my sisters is supervising Juniper. The farm helper called in sick, reason why I'm up and about, scraping my hoofs ready to leave. We already have someone resident on the farm for insurance purposes and in case our animals need assistance, but lately the work is making me be there 7 days/week.

I'm becoming very tired these days.

#64 of 220 Old 04-12-2014, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)

Yesterday...

*Workout

*Went on a field trip with DD2!!  That was fun.

*Packed and tidied for our camping trip.

*Took son shopping with me for junk food for camping

*Hung out and read my book

*Went to Target and Kmart to get camping stuff

*Movie night with kids (John Carter.. it was like star wars!)

Today we're finalizing our plans and heading out the door soon!!  The dogs know we're camping and, even though they don't particularly like camping, they get all excited and run around barking and try to escape out the door.  I'll see you all next week!!

Married, part time work from home mom to DS (13 and homeschooling), DD1 (11) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and a cute rat.
#65 of 220 Old 04-12-2014, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Yesterday...

*Workout

*Went on a field trip with DD2!!  That was fun.

*Packed and tidied for our camping trip.

*Took son shopping with me for junk food for camping

*Hung out and read my book

*Went to Target and Kmart to get camping stuff

*Movie night with kids (John Carter.. it was like star wars!)

Today we're finalizing our plans and heading out the door soon!!  The dogs know we're camping and, even though they don't particularly like camping, they get all excited and run around barking and try to escape out the door.  I'll see you all next week!!

Have a wonderful time!

meowmix likes this.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#66 of 220 Old 04-12-2014, 10:44 AM

Today has been wonderful, for after 2 hours of animal feeding, all Juniper and I did was sit comfortably in the back of Mark's car to be driven to two car garages. One in Worthing, the other in London. The first was a super toddler-friendly Citroen where I ended up buying a nippy but capacious DS3 diesel 1.6 VTi,  an ex-leese car with less than 2 K on the clock. Fully specc'd out inn immaculate condition and increased engine power, but with great fuel economy. We bought a special rear seat for Juniper. Lovely and roomy inside. Lovely to drive, too.

The next was a trip up to London to view one of these ohmygoodness! I said, "Mark it's really for you, isn't it? Big boy's toy! :rotflmao to which he blushed, making me giggle, but Juniper was like O.O  I said let's think about it, eh? - plenty of time ((hugged him)), love him to to bits, really. Its a great truck, would be very safe for our rough weather. But - I dunno. I drive a Defender utility vehicle already around the farm, but that little piggy, if you click on 'larger view' you'll get to see just how plush it really is. And an automatic gearbox - that's a real WOW for a Defender, but we'll see. I like to think about pressies like this. I know Mark has a big heart, but it's a big spend even for a 2nd hand vehicle.

Got home at 6 PM, made Juni her dinner and now it's heating up our 'Cup Chilli'. Maybe with a shot of Bell's. Amanda.  :wink 

#67 of 220 Old 04-12-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:

Congrats on the purchase of your first car, Spiderpig!  And may I ask where you got your user name?

Yesterday was okay.  
*Did not work out
*Walked nonobadbordercollie with son
*Studied and took WAY too long to nicely word a potentially controversial discussion board posting for school.  I hate when they ask questions that can end in debate because, online, there is no nonverbal communication.  And my opinion almost always seems to be in the minority.
*Ate lunch with son.  He spent the morning making an awesome mix on Ableton, the DJ software he has.
*Vacuumed the stairs, swept the living level, tidied the bathroom 
*Ran to the pet store for dog food and a puzzle toy for nonobadbordercollie and a regular toy for my newfie
*Took son to his homeschool class and ran into a homeschool mom I hadn't seen in like 6 years.  Chatted with her and discovered our oldest sons, who are close in age, share similar interests!
*Took DD2 and two friends of hers to lax practice
*Library with DD1 to exchange books
*Home to take son to DJ class
*Home close to 9pm for dinner (omg, I was starving)

There are some things I accomplish everyday that I might not necessarily post.  Everyday I clean the kitchen in the morning- empty the dishwasher and then tidy it throughout the day.  Everyday I scoop the cat litter box.  Everyday I brush my teeth and floss and rinse (I can be neurotic about my teeth because I have horrible expensive braces in right now).  heh.  I almost always make salad for lunch and I always eat lunch, though I don't always say I have.  I always eat breakfast and drink 2 cups of coffee.  Pretty much everyday I do a very basic tidy up, straightening the couch cushions, etc.  And everyday I have multiple conversations with my children, whether I am cooking and talking to them or just chilling at the dinner table after dinner with them and chatting.  Are there things that you guys do everyday that maybe you don't post here because it would be redundant or because it's such an ingrained part of your day that maybe you don't even think about having done it?

I've thought about posting a "Dailys" list.... If I did, it would go something like this:

Days hubby works in the morning, I usually have a couple failed attempts to get out of bed starting around 5 because Little Miss Thing wakes up so easily. I have to either come back or stay and nurse her.
I get up, take my temperature and blood pressure, write that and any relevant health things in my journal, brush my teeth, weigh myselfm then turn up the heat.
I make either tea or coffee for me, get a granola bar for me, and a drink and natural brand 'Pop tart' for hubby. Put his lunch in his pail, if I'm having tea I put away dishes while I wait. There are ALWAYS dishes to put away.
I bring our breakfast to the living room table and if he's not up yet, I wake him. On a really good day, I can sit a bit first, but that's been incredibly few and far between.
We eat and sometimes talk, but usually be falls asleep as soon as he eats and I wake him when it's time to get his boots on and go. Then we talk while he does that.
He leaves and I usually have time to read at least part of my Bible and have my journal and prayed/study time. It's generally delayed or interrupted and I have to nurse her back to sleep. Sometimes I go back to sleep with her. I've done that a lot lately. I can only do so much, and when I am tired, it's 3x as bad.
The days I stay up, I usually work on paper work because it's quiet and I can think without having her tear the house apart while I work.
She usually wakes up and "has coffee" for 5 to 45 min, depends on the day. At any rate, she lays in bed nursing and playing and snuggling. I change her somewhere in there.
We get up and she plays and watches Veggie Tales while I do whatever I still need to do. Read my Bible, get dressed, water plants, Straighten, whatever.
The girls come for school, and it depends day to day how much help they need and when. But I can usually make and eat breakfast, take care of Little Girl and some odds and ends while they work.
When they finish, we usually either go outside and do yard work or take a nap. Depends how fast they finish and how crabby she is.
We take a nap, yes, I do too or I die later. This can last from 1-3 hrs, depending on the day. I usually sleep 20-30 min and wish she wasn't such a light sleeper the rest of the time. Sometimes I remember my tablet and get on there while we lay there.
It's usually time to start dinner when she gets up, so she loves to helps me do that. I call my mom then sometimes too.
Hubby gets home, , we eat, and on a good day, I do dishes. Generally I'm ready to sit and rest a while by then.
We talk, sometimes watch a movie, sometimes go outside. Eventually I usually get dishes washed and his lunch ready for the next morning.
By somewhere between 7 and 8 I stay getting things cleaned and ready for bed. We all gather in our bed and have our favorite part of the day. We talk and play with her, we read our look at pictures in her book. She runs all over the bed and jumps all over us. Finally she nurses and we go to sleep. He gets back up and does his things till he decides to come to bed. He is a night owl. I'm more of a morning person.

Variance today,
He works swing shift today, so he was home this morning.
Morning started with her throwing up all over herself and the bed at 4:30. He got what I needed to clean us up, then took her while I finished. An hour later, we were all asleep again.
She and I got up at the same time- 7:30. So my morning routine included her and took longer.
I also did some online stuff, gave her a bath, and worked on something else. I forget what it was.
It's Saturday, so no school, but hubby got up late, so we ate late, and it wasn't long before nap time. She slept hard, so I got up and had time to chop the chicken for dinner before she got up. Then I Nursed her (Android auto spell, swipe version anyway, randomly uses upper and lower case when I select the other. There are several examples here). I finished the dinner, we ate, he left, I changed her, and I have sat here since. I am really not feeling well today. Low on spoons.

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#68 of 220 Old 04-12-2014, 08:07 PM

Wow, looks like everyone is having a super busy weekend! No exception here at our house, with lots of running around today!

- Dropped husband off at work. 

- Stopped at Target (yes, I know - I have a Thing with Target). Found a new slipcover for the couch on 30% off, got a bottle of free conditioner with a coupon, found some green bows on clearance for $0.30, picked up gardening gloves on clearance for $2.30 and a mini greenhouse kit for $3.98, plus found (finally!) the brown bunny ears at the One Spot for a craft project (we're going to make a bunny shaped "wreath" for Easter). Also picked up an Angry Birds Go game for free with a coupon (to set aside for Toys For Toys this Christmas).

- Went to Dollar Tree to pick up three papers (awesome coupons this week!) and some spray bottles so we can make our own home made cleaning supplies. Also happened to find Puffs tissues, which I was able to get for just $0.60 a box with coupons (grabbed six). 

- Went to Michaels for the last day of the 50% off coupon this week to get oil rubbed bronze spray paint (only $3.50 with the coupon!) and also found on clearance a can of "honey" colored wood stain spray paint for $2 and a 2 pack of gold and silver Easter eggs for $0.70 (as the "bonus" egg for the Easter egg hunt). 

- Went to Hobby Lobby to pick up supplies for the bunny wreath - two grapevine wreaths and grapevine floral wire. Also found a few things in the clearance section - vanilla candle scent and rose soap scent for $1.79 each, a blue bunny plant stake for $1.19, a green ceramic egg holder for $3.59 and a green mini pinwheel plant stake for $0.59. 

- Went to Goodwill to drop off a box... and also found a few things. Two kids books, the Kid Made Modern book, a Christmas wreath holder (that we're going to spray paint a plain color), a tube of green glitter, and two package of printable t-shirt transfers.

- Went to Woodmans for groceries and supplies to make our own cleaning supplies. 

- Came home and got us lunch. 

- Put away the groceries. 

- Put a chicken in the crockpot for dinner. 

- Sorted through the newspaper to pull out the coupon books. 

- Played with Little Man for awhile. 

- Tidied up the house.

- Organized craft supplies for tomorrow. 

- Stopped at Whole Foods for essential oil for the cleaning supplies. Also found compost tea bags for the garden. 

- Picked up husband from work. 

- Got dinner for Little Man. 

- Helped Little Man tidy up the toys. 

- Bedtime routine with Little Man. 

- Finished dinner for husband and I. 

- Watched the last period of the Hawks game. 

- Watched two episodes of Portlandia. 

And now we're just relaxing, and ought to go to bed soon!

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#69 of 220 Old 04-13-2014, 12:51 PM

I'm so annoyed - the weather really tanked here over night. The temp has dropped at least 40 degrees! It's cold, overcast and threatening rain. So no park today... 

- Made bacon, scrambled eggs and croissants for breakfast. Little Man also had yogurt. 

- Did two loads of laundry (though husband did half before he left for work). 

- Made a couple of Easter egg vases with Little Man. 

- Made another Easter egg garland with Little Man. 

- Made an Easter egg terrarium with Little Man.

- Made the bunny wreath with Little Man.

- Put Little Man down for a nap.  

- Made chicken noodle soup for lunch (using the remains of last night's whole chicken; I'd cooked it up into a stock overnight in the crockpot). 

- Put away dishes from the dishwasher. 

- Started pumpkin butter in the crockpot. 

Now it's about time to get Little Man up, and I'll have to think of something fun to do indoors since the weather sucks...

#70 of 220 Old 04-13-2014, 02:10 PM

Haven't been feeling well today. Sore throat and I have a stinking cold. My back is sore after maintaining our fences, I felt low all day so mark took over Juniper while I stayed in my bedroom reading, sipping hot tea and sleeping. Sometimes we have to put ourselves first, and let others take the strain.

This is a picture of our farm taken at spring time where the hawthorn hedges have yet to come into leaf. Even when one is feeling low, coming up here brings comfort to tarry with me a while and our spaniel dog is always good company. My accomplishment of the day, then.

Sometime I'd like to share some more pics of our farm.

#71 of 220 Old 04-13-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderpig View Post

Haven't been feeling well today. Sore throat and I have a stinking cold. My back is sore after maintaining our fences, I felt low all day so mark took over Juniper while I stayed in my bedroom reading, sipping hot tea and sleeping. Sometimes we have to put ourselves first, and let others take the strain.

You need hot tea with lemon and honey, a rosemary epsom salt bath and a big bowl of chicken noodle soup loaded with lots of onions and garlic. 

The rain has finally arrived, so we are relegated to indoor activities. I just made some home made unscented laundry soap, lemon all-purpose spray and tea tree toilet bowl cleaner. Little Man "helped" (i.e. stood a few feet a way in the kitchen while I narrated how much of each ingredient I was measuring and mixing). The lemon spray and toilet bowl cleaner work amazing, and I saved a huge bundle of money! What wasn't I doing this years ago!?

Next up... trying to make a game out of using vodka and/or baking soda and vinegar to get stains out of the carpet... then vacuuming and putting the new slipcover on the couch... and then I need to think of something actually fun to do. We played Lego a bit, and will probably get back to that, and trains of course. :-) 

#72 of 220 Old 04-13-2014, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

MrsKoehn, hope your spoon inventory rises soon.  And send the cold and rain this way, kitchensqueen, I'm in the mood to hunker down a little more -- spring asks too much activity of me, and I'm basically a housecat.  Spiderpig, your farm is gorgeous, definitely good for the soul to be out there.

Baked baked baked yesterday, then moved / moving the bounty along:

- responded to an email from DS2 about the Heartbleed virus; we will never be fleeced while our sons are in contact with us

- out the door to DS1's with homemade pop tarts, pumpkin garlic knots, and vital wheat gluten because I want him to have more protein in his bread

- had a wonderful visit with DS1 and his GF

- stopped for a late lunch with DH on the way home

- hauled things out to the car for tomorrow's errands:  recycling, library books, shoes for repair, dry cleaning

- made up dough for DS2's pumpkin garlic knots

- visited with our next-door neighbors

- offered feedback on a paper DH wrote for his class

- baked DS2's pumpkin garlic knots

- practiced some French

Just have to build DS2's box and hang out.  Early to bed, I hope.

#73 of 220 Old 04-13-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

You need hot tea with lemon and honey, a rosemary epsom salt bath and a big bowl of chicken noodle soup loaded with lots of onions and garlic. 

The rain has finally arrived, so we are relegated to indoor activities. I just made some home made unscented laundry soap, lemon all-purpose spray and tea tree toilet bowl cleaner. Little Man "helped" (i.e. stood a few feet a way in the kitchen while I narrated how much of each ingredient I was measuring and mixing). The lemon spray and toilet bowl cleaner work amazing, and I saved a huge bundle of money! What wasn't I doing this years ago!?

Next up... trying to make a game out of using vodka and/or baking soda and vinegar to get stains out of the carpet... then vacuuming and putting the new slipcover on the couch... and then I need to think of something actually fun to do. We played Lego a bit, and will probably get back to that, and trains of course. :-) 

Thanks for the heads up about the hot tea with lemon and honey etc - earlier when offline I read your tips and got Kitty to make me a brew. It tasted wonderful, so thank you! :)

I really wouldn't waste good vodka, unless it's Stolly Red, then by all means tip that down the toilet. Just keep the best for medicinal purposes, recommended voddy being Russian Standard. ;-)

#74 of 220 Old 04-13-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMadly View Post

And send the cold and rain this way, kitchensqueen, I'm in the mood to hunker down a little more -- spring asks too much activity of me, and I'm basically a housecat. 

There's plenty to share, from what I hear on the weather report! Rain and cool weather for the better part of the week. I'm just glad it's not snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderpig View Post

Thanks for the heads up about the hot tea with lemon and honey etc - earlier when offline I read your tips and got Kitty to make me a brew. It tasted wonderful, so thank you! :)

I really wouldn't waste good vodka, unless it's Stolly Red, then by all means tip that down the toilet. Just keep the best for medicinal purposes, recommended voddy being Russian Standard. ;-)

Glad the tea with honey worked well - it's my secret weapon. :-) And my intentions for cleaning with vodka were thwarted; apparently we're out! I'll have to put a bottle of the bottom-shelf stuff on the shopping list, to have in my cleaning kit. And a bottle of the good stuff for the bar - I don't go in for drinking hard liquor all that often, but when the weather starts to warm up I start thinking about gimlets. 

And a fairly productive evening here - 

- Did make a game out of cleaning the carpet (help mommy find all the spots!) with baking soda and vinegar. Mostly got the stains out, but still it needs more work; they were quite set in...

- Tried the new slipcover on the couch and hated it. It'll get returned tomorrow... 

- Played Lego with Little Man. 

- Read train books with Little Man. 

- Made dinner. 

- Tidied up the toys. 

- Clipped coupons from yesterday's papers. 

- Ordered some additional coupons from a clipping service. 

- Pan-fried a few pieces of chicken to go with salad for lunch tomorrow. 

- Baked pumpkin muffins for breakfast. 

- Hand washed a few dishes. 

- Laid out my clothes for work tomorrow. 

- Organized my work bag. 

Now I'm going to try to write a few blog posts, work on next week's grocery list and maybe print some coupons. 

#75 of 220 Old 04-13-2014, 07:17 PM

Well, neither do I go in for hard drinking except for the occasional when one is offered by Rachel. My late father was an alcoholic which rather put me off drinking anything other than wine at table. Recently on a teen forum where I mod, some member criticised me for being underage and 'likely be apprehended by a policeman'. I replied that I'd hardly expect Mr Plod to wade through 200 acres of cow plop to knock on my door and wag this finger, If anything, I added, it would be mum Rachel giving him the finger. As well she might. :twins

-(Sunday) Before succumbing to this wretched cold, I chased after a ewe that had found a hole in the fence and got out. Try hefting 145 pounds of objecting baaaaaa! into the Defender and thats why I have to be fit.

-Went to bed snotting and coughing and slept for 4 hours

-Presently fading...........

#76 of 220 Old 04-14-2014, 12:54 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Share your lemon spray and toilet cleaner recipes please, Kitchensqueen?
#77 of 220 Old 04-14-2014, 01:45 AM

-Slept well and benefitted from Amanda's wonderful infusuin of tea, fesh lemon and honey.

-Soaked in the bath, alas no epsom salts but it was lovely

-Fed Juniper

-About to so some business accounts

#78 of 220 Old 04-14-2014, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Nursing a sore shoulder (heh, computer mouse related).

- up and out to post office, waited in line longer than usual -- tax returns? -- mailed DS2's box

- dropped off dry cleaning for DH

- checked with the shoe repair place about DH's dress shoes, they said to write them off

- went to bank and deposited a check for my mother

- home for a late breakfast

- packed away some more Legos and

- dusted and disassembled some of DS2's Lego sets, started bagging them away -- so many RoboForce and Insectoid sets!

- did my PT stretches

Still want to:

- roast and dice chicken for dinner done

- take a walk done

- make a useful grocery list eh, I'll wing it

- start reorganizing the upstairs bathroom for Wednesday's cabinet delivery

- maybe watch an episode of The Wire, on loan from DS1

#79 of 220 Old 04-14-2014, 12:24 PM

-After doing the business accounts I set about making clotted cream. Then I felt rough again and fell asleep on the sofa.

#80 of 220 Old 04-14-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormborn View Post

Share your lemon spray and toilet cleaner recipes please, Kitchensqueen?

I totally can't take credit for them - I started using them from the cleaning book I reviewed for my blog. The recipe the author has posted on her blog is a variant of the one I'm using from her book - I omitted the fresh lemon to make it shelf stable, and the book version doesn't use castille soap. The book version also calls for essential oil - 10 drops of lemon. The toilet cleaner is super easy - 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 1/2 cup baking soda and 10 drops of tea tree essential oil. Seriously amazing!

Today was pretty run-of-the-mill. I elected to work from home since I didn't sleep well last night, due to nasty storms that kept me awake. It was literally up half the night listening for the tornado sirens to go off, and freaking about all of the air traffic above us that had to fly in lower than usual to land at O'Hare. Not so fun. Other than that - 

- Usual kitchen/household tidying. 

- Printed some coupons. 

- Updated my Target Cartwheel. 

- Took some photos for a blog post. 

- Made pasta salad for lunch. 

- Flipped through the mail. 

Now I'm going to maybe write a few blog posts and read. And maybe browse dinner ideas on Pinterest. 

#81 of 220 Old 04-14-2014, 08:11 PM

I wrote 5 1/2 blog posts! And now I'm going to go to sleep. :-)

#82 of 220 Old 04-15-2014, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

- got a haircut

- bought groceries

- pick up a prescription for my mother

- returned library books

- more Lego reorg

- acted as DS1's smartphone at a bus stop

- moved bathroom storage shelves around to make room for tomorrow's cabinet delivery

#83 of 220 Old 04-15-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:

- acted as DS1's smartphone at a bus stop

How did that work out? 

Run of the mill day here after work - 

- Clipped a few coupons in the car after husband picked me up from train. 

- Went to Target to take advantage of another $10 off $50 grocery purchase coupon, as well as mobile food coupons that are expiring this week. Also found Thomas toys B1G1 50% off, so picked up two to put away as presents for Little Man. 

- Went to Jewel for a deal on Toms of Maine toothpaste - only $2.50 per tube after sale and coupon! They're usually over $4 here. 

- Came home and played with Little Man. 

- Dinner with the family. 

- Bedtime routine with Little Man. 

Now I need to do a bit of office work for a little while here...

#84 of 220 Old 04-15-2014, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

How did that work out? 

Went onto nextbus.com for him to see if he'd be on time for something.  Cool site!

#85 of 220 Old 04-15-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:

Went onto nextbus.com for him to see if he'd be on time for something.  Cool site!

I always amazed with these things work for people. CTA bus tracker in Chicago is absolutely useless

#86 of 220 Old 04-15-2014, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I always amazed with these things work for people. CTA bus tracker in Chicago is absolutely useless

Yes, we conspicuously did *not* use MBTA.com.

#87 of 220 Old 04-16-2014, 01:17 AM

- About to commence farm accounts, but at home. Business accounts takes up 50% of my time. =/

#88 of 220 Old 04-16-2014, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Woke up to snow on the ground!

- one of those days when making the bed and showering qualify as accomplishments

- paid some bills

- sorted and stored a huge bunch of Legos

- did my PT stretches

- got a sack ready for donating and took it out to the car

- took delivery on bathroom cabinet, shimmed it up, wiped it clean, cut my mother loose with household linens, etc.

- made soup

- read a book about decluttering, took some notes (luckily it's a library book so I don't feel like a hypocrite)

- chatted on the phone with DS1 briefly; he's in the midst of apartment hunting with friends

- caught up with DH; weekend plans, what DS1 and DS2 are up to, etc.

Tomorrow some light cleaning and a couple of quick errands.

#89 of 220 Old 04-16-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:

Woke up to snow on the ground!

Yeah, seriously - WTH!? We had that yesterday and I actually got angry. I kind of went on a diatribe about it, during which husband and Little Man blanked stared me...

At any rate, nothing exciting here today... I skipped yoga tonight since I'm feeling a bit buggy. Scratchy throat, congestion... and my family thinks I went on a diatribe about the snow; I will totally go off the deep end if I'm getting yet another cold. WINTER IS SUPPOSED TO BE OVER! But I digress...

- Hung out with Little Man before bedtime, reading Busy Town and talking. I love that he's old enough to have a conversation with now - especially the cute 2.5 year old backwards grammar ones. Always makes me smile. 

- Printed some coupons and browsed some deals. 

- Looked through a magazine I got in the mail (I have like 5 subscriptions, all of which I get for free, and I rarely have time to read them. I'm trying to get better about that). 

- Made dinner. 

- Did a bit of office work, then my VPN connection went down. Universe trying to tell me I've worked enough for one day? I'll take it. 

- Downloaded some samples of Kindle books I've been wanting to peruse. 

Now I'm just kind of putzing around. I need to try to be in bed by 10:30. I've been going through insomnia again, so I have to at least try to lay down at a decent hour. I shouldn't even be on here... they say all screen time should stop at like 8 if you have sleep trouble, but seriously - who can do that? That's just when Little Man goes to bed, and I can actually start to get online... I guess the sleep experts don't have kids. 

#90 of 220 Old 04-17-2014, 01:40 AM

The Tale of Three Bad Mice

One is corded, but the cord fights me every which way
The second won't scroll no matter how loud I scream at it, but highlights
And the third is full of static, scrolls okay, but won't highlight

-Not having a great morning right now, and I'm toddler bound as Megs has a dental appointment, and Juni is in a fractious mood

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page