April 2014 -- What did you accomplish today? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 220 Old 04-01-2014, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)

Today I helped my mother with a last pass and final clearing of her old house -- we've been working on this since the late summer and early fall of last year, off and on, and are finally through!!!!

Happy New Month, everyone!

meowmix and MrsKoehn like this.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#2 of 220 Old 04-01-2014, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Congratulations and good job, Maria!

Last night I mowed part of the 2.5-acre lawn of our new house with my neighbor, who showed me how to use her riding lawn mower. Before that I picked up sticks for at least an hour. Before that I proofread at least 22 pages in about three hours (which isn't that many but it was small print and I was trying to do it while my children loudly played and also do a little homeschooling at the same time) for the final proofread of the next issue of a magazine for my part time work from home job.

This morning I picked up more sticks with my sons and younger daughter using the wheelbarrow the neighbor kindly let me borrow. It's up near 80 degrees so I'm waiting for it to cool off before going back out and working more.

After lunch we played "Pick up whatever you don't want swept up and thrown away or vacuumed up" in the kitchen and living room. The kitchen table is still a horrible mess, thanks to my oldest daughter who is still working on her project, but the living room is a little better and the kitchen floor is good for now.

I walked a mile around our yard and watered the plants.

My son answered at least 50 catechism questions and read me a book. My daughter told me what several Greek words mean.

I might have to take a nap before dinner as I have less energy while fasting. Thanks for starting this, Maria.

May God bless you and His Blessed Mother Mary keep you!  :-)

#3 of 220 Old 04-01-2014, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yyyy, and g message in my cityI'm going to take the kidsbut I'mI'm sorry I get together
#4 of 220 Old 04-01-2014, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruebee View Post

Yyyy, and g message in my cityI'm going to take the kidsbut I'mI'm sorry I get together

This oddly made me LOL.  It's kind of like an April Fool, but I'm sure that it's a typo.  ;)

CatholicMama- I do the same thing sometimes.  It's amazing how effective it is at getting children to clean up!  heehee..

Today was busy busy.  

*Worked out this morning.

*Chiro appt.  My shoulder is beginning to feel like it is in less pain.  Yay!  

*Home briefly to talk to son about HTML lesson.  Did a little research online for a writing camp for DD1.

*To therapy (an unexpected, needed appt)

*Home, made lunch with son.  Chatted a bit with him.

*Went over Kafka's symbolism and read chapter 2 in the Metamorphosis.  Gave him some questions to answer for Thursday.

*Took him to DJ mix lab- he can show up anytime and practice using their equipment.  I studied psych in the Starbucks next door while he practiced. 

*Back home.  He practiced lefthand lax shooting with me a bit.  Said hello to girlies and talked to them about their day.

*Friend home.  We took nonobadbordercollie for a much needed walk.

*Home and now I am caramelizing onions and cooking lentils for dinner, much to DD2's dismay because "Lentils just taste weird and can't we have hamburgers?"  *sigh*  I dunno, caramelized onions, lentil and rice sounds good to me and simple!

Oh.. and no more snow and it's been in the mid to high 60s!  YAYAYAYAY!  I can't tell you how happy I am!!  :joy:bgbounce:treehuggerjumpers.gif

Married, college student, part time work from home mom to DS (12), DD1 (10) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and two rats.
#5 of 220 Old 04-02-2014, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Not doing the best job navigating life's little roadblocks today, I feel like Job Lite:

- up and out the door -- sat in on the closing for mother's house, yippee!  wonderful people bought it, very nice outcome

- took mother to bank so she could deposit her proceeds

- (whine #1) tried resetting the boiler several times, no luck

- (whine #2) kept having to chase down sugar ants in the kitchen

- (whine #3) sitting around having a cold, now with some chills and aches

- (whine #4) which was why I had to beg off mother taking me to lunch after the closing

ETA

- browned meat and onions for dinner

- broiled steak tips

- purged some papers from the attic

- set aside some books to donate to the library tomorrow

- talked with dentist's office about tomorrow's appointment -- even though I'm sick they still want to see me -- I put this crown off way to long

The rest of the day is more whining, on the couch, plus learning how to tighten something on the boiler once DH gets home and can show me.  Maybe my problems would be solved if I sneezed on the sugar ants and pitched them all into the boiler.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#6 of 220 Old 04-02-2014, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catholic Mama View Post

Congratulations and good job, Maria!

Last night I mowed part of the 2.5-acre lawn of our new house with my neighbor, who showed me how to use her riding lawn mower. Before that I picked up sticks for at least an hour.

[ . . . ]

This morning I picked up more sticks with my sons and younger daughter using the wheelbarrow the neighbor kindly let me borrow. It's up near 80 degrees so I'm waiting for it to cool off before going back out and working more.

[ . . . ]

Thank you, Catholic Mama, it's feeling good to have it out of the way.  :-)

And I hear you about the picking up, we have to do a sweep of our yard for sticks and rocks before letting machinery loose on it.  Don't want one of those either trashing the mower or being shot out the business end.  Riding mower sounds like lots of fun, too!

#7 of 220 Old 04-02-2014, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnndddd I broke the boiler.  Sheared a bolt right off the face plate.  DH is calling the plumber now.

I really hope none of you mamas can top that one.

#8 of 220 Old 04-02-2014, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)

Where is this year going? I can't believe it's April already. But I'm so excited - I get the next five days off from work!!! It's probably going to go to hell in a hand basket and I'll come back to several thousand emails, but I don't even care. I just need a break!

Fairly routine day here - 

- Tried to print some coupons, but the printer wasn't working, Meh. 

- Put gas in the car. 

- Stopped at the bank for cash. 

- Stopped at the liquor store for wine. 

- Made dinner. 

- Spent some time running trains with Little Man. 

- Tidied the house. 

- Cleaned the stupid glass tables.

MrsKoehn likes this.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#9 of 220 Old 04-03-2014, 06:10 AM

I'm sorry your boiler is broken, Maria, and I really loved your last sentence about sneezing on sugar ants and pitching them all into the boiler! I remember when my husband and I were in one of our first apartments and ants were climbing on a kitchen wall. I didn't know much then and I poured water on the wall to try to drown them down before calling the maintenance man.

I hope you enjoy your break more than you think you will, kitchensqueen.

Yesterday I:

Weeded around 4 or 5 trees to prepare for mulch

Walked a mile around the yard to straighten out my back

Bought magnesium asporotate and MSM at the natural food store

Picked up 15 bags (!) of mulch that I'd bought at Lowe's

Bought groceries and squeezed them into the minivan

Bought Chinese dinner and squeezed that past the mulch and groceries

Bought schoolbooks from a good friend for our homeschool :) I'm so happy about that!

Today I'm going to:

Finish breakfast and clean the kitchen somewhat

Weed around more trees before lunch

Hopefully start to mulch before lunch and before it gets too hot (it could get up to 84 degrees today)

Homeschool more than yesterday

Pick up sticks since our kind neighbor offered to mow more that we didn't get the other day, since we haven't bought a mower yet

Enjoy my favorite day of the week

Exercise as much as possible, clean where necessary, and cook for and teach my family

#10 of 220 Old 04-03-2014, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

- Cleaned the stupid glass tables.

Have a FANTASTIC vacation!  Are you staying home?  I imagine I see lots of playing trains in your future week (it seems like Little Man has a train obsession?  heehee).  Also, we had glass tables growing up and it was my job to clean the glass.  We had four sliding glass doors to the outside, a glass dining table and glass coffee table.  And animals.  OMG, I HATED cleaning them!  I never clean the glass sliding door now and I have deliberately avoided buying glass tables.  heh.  

Catholic Mama- What is the MSM and the magnesium for, may I ask?  

MariaMadly- oh no on the boiler!  I don't even actually know what a boiler is?  I hope it is fixed for you in a timely manner and I hope, given that you had to call a plumber, there was no water damage?  And on the sugar ants, I have tried bringing myself to kill them but I have a lot of trouble doing that.  They are kind of cute.  I have learned to ignore them unless they are on the counter or in the cabinets/food.  Then i'm a weirdo and I apologize to them and wipe them down with counter cleaner and put cinnamon near the spots they use to access food areas.  

Married, college student, part time work from home mom to DS (12), DD1 (10) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and two rats.
#11 of 220 Old 04-03-2014, 07:45 AM

Oh, I forgot to say what I did yesterday.  

*Woke up too late to work out and son was feeling sick yesterday.  :(

*Saw girlies off to school

*Let son lounge on the couch while we watched some Climate change youtube stuff and talked about the next lesson in the curriculum (how climate change effects food for those in impoverished nations.

*I went to orthodontist appt (and got pink and purple rubber bands on my braces!)

*Son finished a math sample lesson while I was gone and liked the curriculum so we will switch to Teaching textbooks.  

*Home and ate lunch and I did something, but I can't remember what it was.  lol

*Son was exhausted so he stayed home and researched a Flash tutorial and finished his HTML class while I met a friend for coffee.

*Came home to son sleeping so I studied until the girls got home.

*Then I studied some more and asked husband to bring home dinner.  DD2 at lax practice.

*Tidied up the house a bit.

*Gourmet Taco Bell for dinner (ew, but also kinda good in a really "don't think about what you're eating way")

*DD2's friend over to sleep over because her dad is out of town and her mom works at 4am.  

*Read a new book to the kids (The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper.  A fav when I was 10 or 11!).  They love it so far.

*Kids in bed and I played Diablo with husband before zonking out.

Today so far I have:

Worked out

Taken the kids to Chickfila for breakfast 

Done my weekly grocery shopping trip with son (he is feeling a bit better today.  Not so run down)

Put away most of the groceries

Now he is playing Halo and I think I will work until a chiro appt. at noon.

Also today I plan on maybe getting more laundry done, scooping the cat box and putting away the rest of the groceries

Purchase the math curriculum

Finish up reading The Metamorphosis to son

Walking the nonobadbordercollie

Writing my papers for school 

Studying studying and more studying (midterms next week)

#12 of 220 Old 04-03-2014, 09:57 AM

Just a quick note between bags of mulch: magnesium is what the health food store lady recommended for when I feel sore and achy at the beginning of my period, and MSM helps me manage back pain. I take both of them daily.

Thank God for beautiful, sunny, productive days! :)

#13 of 220 Old 04-03-2014, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix View Post

MariaMadly- oh no on the boiler!  I don't even actually know what a boiler is?  I hope it is fixed for you in a timely manner and I hope, given that you had to call a plumber, there was no water damage?  And on the sugar ants, I have tried bringing myself to kill them but I have a lot of trouble doing that.  They are kind of cute.  I have learned to ignore them unless they are on the counter or in the cabinets/food.  Then i'm a weirdo and I apologize to them and wipe them down with counter cleaner and put cinnamon near the spots they use to access food areas.  

In our case, it heats water for both direct use (kitchen and bath) and the radiant floor heating system.  Though DH really told the plumber that *he* sheared off the bolt.  Made my whole week!

Thanks for the cinnamon idea, too.  Do you sprinkle it, leave a small container, . . .. ?  I'll look up other non-toxic options online, hopefully won't have to poison my kitchen.  And, yes, they're on the counters and in the cabinets.  :-(

#14 of 220 Old 04-03-2014, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Just a quick note between bags of mulch: magnesium is what the health food store lady recommended for when I feel sore and achy at the beginning of my period, and MSM helps me manage back pain. I take both of them daily.

Thank God for beautiful, sunny, productive days! :)

Another idea -- the MSM, will definitely look into that -- hope they help you.  And enjoy the outdoor work, sounds as though you're getting your new home in beautiful shape!

#15 of 220 Old 04-03-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:

I hope you enjoy your break more than you think you will, kitchensqueen.

I am totally enjoying it! I don't even care what happens at work while I'm gone. 

Quote:

Have a FANTASTIC vacation!  Are you staying home?  I imagine I see lots of playing trains in your future week (it seems like Little Man has a train obsession?  heehee).  Also, we had glass tables growing up and it was my job to clean the glass.  We had four sliding glass doors to the outside, a glass dining table and glass coffee table.  And animals.  OMG, I HATED cleaning them!  I never clean the glass sliding door now and I have deliberately avoided buying glass tables.  heh.   

I'm home with Little Man while husband is off at his annual gaming tournament/convention. Husband will be home nights and is not gaming on Monday, so we'll have some family time then. I seriously hate these tables. They were hand-me-downs when we moved into the place, and they're the next thing I want to upgrade!

Nice day here so far. Focused on cleaning so we can relax for the rest of our time home. 

- Made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. 

- Made the beds. 

- Put away clean dishes from the dishwasher. 

- Loaded dirty dishes and stove burner grates and ran a one-hour wash. 

- Cleaned the stove. 

- Wiped down the kitchen counters. 

- Tidied Little Man's bedroom. 

- Started two loads of laundry. 

- Clipped a few coupons. 

- Put together some expired coupons to mail to Coups for Troops. 

- Ready some Richard Scarry stories to Little Man. 

- Got lunch for Little Man. 

- Put Little Man down for a nap. 

- Put beans to soak for dinner tonight. 

- Checked the mail. 

- Watered the vegetable seedlings. 

This afternoon, we'll be doing some craft projects and just spending time together- 

- Make a few Easter egg terrariums. 

- Make some Easter egg garlands. 

- Probably play trains. :-)

- Maybe bake something - Little Man has been asking about gingerbread cookies. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#16 of 220 Old 04-03-2014, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My MIL has an MSM obsession at the moment. It's helped a lot of people she's got on it. I have to be careful with it though, it messes up my already delicate digestion system. It's good for cell renewal, and your gut's cells already turn over quickly, so it's supposed to be really good for Crohn's. I want to love it! :)

Today:

Got up without interruption for a full hour - AMAZING

Read my Bible

Got hubby off to work

Graded more algebra than I wanted but she's doing better than I thought she would be, so I am happy! (I'm woefully behind in this year's grading. I'm determined to get it all together ASAP)

Took care of the little girl when she got up

Folded and put away laundry and diapers

Did school when the girls came

Sewed sleeves on the little Easter dress for the babe

Lay down with her for a nap, boy did I need that, and more

Made mac and tuna for lunch

Talked to my sister for a bit, then my Mom

Played with the little girl a bit, she's now climbing around over my back :)

Still need to

Do dishes

Make dinner

Make hubby's lunch for tomorrow

Make hubby's tea

Clean up the little girl's mess

Plant some seeds

BUT first, I need to change her. She smells like pee and is whining.

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#17 of 220 Old 04-03-2014, 05:34 PM

Good afternoon for us here too - 

- Played trains. 

- Read some more stories. 

- Looked at Thomas trains and train sets online with Little Man. 

- Put away both loads of laundry. 

- Made two Easter egg terrariums with Little Man. 

- Played with random assorted toys with Little Man - mostly Little People farm stuff. 

- Made dinner. 

- Did the bedtime routine with Little Man. 

- Entered some rewards codes online. 

- Downloaded some free Kindle books. 

Now... I'm going to organize my coupon binder, putz around online and try to get through a few more chapters of the library book I'm reading since it's due back in a few days - a biography of King Edward VII. I totally love not worrying about work! 

#18 of 220 Old 04-04-2014, 05:11 AM

I wonder if I should give MSM a try.  Maybe I'll do a little research on it.  

MariaMadly- I just put a line of it (powdered) on windowsills or in doorways.  The ants won't cross it.  If you put it in a circle around them, you'll have trapped them!  heh.  It makes a mess, though, so not really feasible on surfaces you regularly wipe down, like counters.  

Yesterday afternoon I did not get everything done.  Son and I did finish the Metamorphosis, and we chatted a while about that.  I went to therapy and then to refill my RX and pick up shampoo and stuff.  

Walked nonobadbordercollie with the girls- DD2 actually made it the whole way! (I walk about 3 miles)

Made sloppy joes, sauteed peas and salad for dinner

Wrote part one of my paper

That's it.  Did not order a math curriculum, did not get much tidying up done.  Today I am meeting a friend for an hour.  I really don't have time, but I have rescheduled with her twice now and am starting to feel bad about that.  I really need to finish these papers though.  And, I haven't worked this week and I have this spreadsheet hanging over me to finish.  There's also park day but I don't know if I will make it.  I have another therapeutic massage for my shoulder, too.  In theory, the massage is nice and I feel better.  But it kind of hurts when she does it AND I really don't have time to be lying on a table and getting my shoulders rubbed.  lol.  DD1 wants to go to a writing camp, too, and the deadline to apply for one was the 1st.  And I haven't had a chance to research any camps.  Around here they fill up quickly so signups need to happen like now.. or last week.  heh ::stress:: uhoh3.gif  As my bumper sticker on my car says "Keep calm and listen to dubstep" so maybe I will keep the music on today (perhaps deep house, though, it's a little more lowkey than dupstep!)

#19 of 220 Old 04-04-2014, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

A low achieving kind of day; luckily I didn't ask much of myself:

- mailed a letter at the post office

- picked up dry cleaning for DH

- did some quick emailing and phone calling between DS2 and his FinAid office to make sure the office received everything

- had the boiler repaired (not replaced, big multi-thousand-dollar relief)

- started a fire -- it's getting warm out, but I haven't been feeling good

- finished a book, bagged it with a couple of others for DH to take next door

- did several French language drills online

- drank so much water . . . I am sloshing

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

#20 of 220 Old 04-04-2014, 03:32 PM

Very low-key day here - 

- Breakfast - leftover cinnamon rolls and eggs. 

- Booked our camping trip for late summer at Mississippi Palisades. 

- Napped when Little Man napped this afternoon. 

- Planted Swiss chard and potted up the pumpkin seedlings with Little Man. 

- Lots of playing, reading and relaxing. 

#21 of 220 Old 04-04-2014, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

Very low-key day here - 

- Breakfast - leftover cinnamon rolls and eggs. 

- Booked our camping trip for late summer at Mississippi Palisades. 

- Napped when Little Man napped this afternoon. 

- Planted Swiss chard and potted up the pumpkin seedlings with Little Man. 

- Lots of playing, reading and relaxing. 

Perfect for time off from work . . . you've been long overdue for it!

#22 of 220 Old 04-04-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMadly View Post

Perfect for time off from work . . . you've been long overdue for it!

It's been so great! This evening I'm browsing Pinterest, and going to have a bath and read. It's glorious!

#23 of 220 Old 04-05-2014, 05:07 AM

Kitchensqueen, your days sound wonderful right now!  After all that stress you totally deserve that break!  

MariaMadly- Yay for not having to replace the boiler!  Did you ever visit a breeder for puppies?

Yesterday:

Worked out

Worked for a bit

Wrote some of my paper 

Snarked at the dogs a lot because they were being insane yesterday (and this morning so far.  ARGH)

Drafted an email with son to a friend of mine who helps people affected by climate change (and other situations)

Watched news while we ate lunch

Was late to a friend's house to chat and so we only had 30 minutes.  :(

Made it to massage appt

Picked up RX and went to cancel gym membership but found out I could put it on a medical hold for FREE!  Woo!  

Watched a bit of a Little Ice Age: Big Chill (about the climate change during the Middle Ages) with son

Worked on paper and finished it

Made sliders, brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes with cinnamon for dinner

Watched Saving Mr. Banks with the kids (omg, fantastic movie!)

Played a little Diablo with husband and went to bed!

#24 of 220 Old 04-05-2014, 06:39 AM

Yesterday I proofread a newspaper for a friend. She sends me a copy after publishing it and it works out well. I enjoy it and am glad to help her.

My bike worked long enough without squeaking or croaking that I rode it for 20 minutes last night before going to bed. Yippee, thanks be to God! I will try it again tonight.

I didn't mulch yesterday because I was having a little sciatic pain and didn't want to make it worse. (The MSM doesn't take the pain away completely, but it helps.) I gave my neighbor's wheelbarrow back that she was letting me borrow and today I'm going to use a dumpster to pick up sticks where she offered to mow more.

I also want to clear and clean the kitchen table, practice piano on the keyboard (me and my oldest son and daughter), get ready for confession tomorrow morning, gather out crucifixes and other things to be blessed after Mass to put in the car, and go through the old cards a friend gave me so I can see how many envelopes I have after I take out all the cards I'm not going to use. I hope to find the cards I bought for my FIL and SIL too and water the plants. Lastly, if I have time, I want to organize books on the bookshelves in my room more and start a list of things I could write about for my friend's newspaper.

#25 of 220 Old 04-05-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:

Kitchensqueen, your days sound wonderful right now!  After all that stress you totally deserve that break!  

It's definitely been awesome. Though Little Man is currently refusing to nap, so it could prove to be a long afternoon if he ends up being grouchy and over tired...

- Pancakes for breakfast. 

- Dropped husband off at day 3 of his tournament so we could have the car. 

- Stopped into a different Target than our usual ones and found some major scores - I bought myself a printer (on price cut, of course) and found the printer cable on clearance. The best score was husband's birthday presents - I found a Black & Decker cordless drill for 70% off at $11.80, and a Black & Decker drill bit/accessory kit for 70% off at $5.68. Major win! If you need tools, go to Target now - good selection at 70% of right now! 

- Came home and made us lunch. 

- Put Little Man down for a nap (I think it's finally quiet in there...).

- Set up the new printer. 

- Printed coupons! 

Now I'm just going to relax while Little Man naps, though I should do a bit of housecleaning. This afternoon we're planning on a bit of running around - 

- Stop at Dollar Tree for papers and wreaths (for my Easter egg wreath project). 

- Stop at Hobby Lobby for Mod Podge and to cruise clearance. 

- Stop at Home Depot or Lowes to pick up some tiles so I can make photo coasters. 

- Drop food off at the food pantry. 

- Return library books and spend some time there playing and getting new books. 

- Possibly stop at another Target to cruise clearance. 

- Pick up husband from his tournament. 

#26 of 220 Old 04-05-2014, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

- went to Kinko's and printed a couple-three hundred pages of stuff out for DH's class

- did some French on Duolingo; happily, that's replacing "putz around on solitaire" for computer time

- dropped my mother off at church

- went to the library

- got a few things at natural food co-op

- picked up mother

- helped DH fold some shirts for his upcoming trip

- filled a couple of plastic bags with donations and hauled them down to the entry

#27 of 220 Old 04-05-2014, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

MariaMadly- Yay for not having to replace the boiler!  Did you ever visit a breeder for puppies?

Yes, we visited Briards this past Sunday, met puppies and adults.  They are charming!  We gave the breeder references and plan on sending her a deposit (was waiting to see how much the boiler ran!) for a puppy from an upcoming fall / winter litter if one is available.

#28 of 220 Old 04-05-2014, 07:06 PM

Well, I forgot the library books and bag of food to donate when we left the house this afternoon, so we'll have to do that tomorrow instead. But we still did most of the other running around that we had planned - 

- Stopped at Dollar Tree #1 and found reindeer moss, a storage basket for Little Man's Easter basket, 6 tile coasters (to recover for a craft project) and a paper, but not the wreath form I wanted. 
- Stopped at Dollar Tree #2 and found the wreath form I wanted, as well as two more Easter egg terrariums. 
- Went to Hobby Lobby for the furniture-strength Mod Podge, and also found a yard of burlap on clearance and a cute straw hat for Little Man on clearance. Plus I remembered to use my 40% mobile coupon on the Mod Podge, which made it less of a heart attack to buy. That stuff is not cheap!
- Stopped at Goodwill and found some great stuff for just $15. 
- Went to Target #2 of the day and picked up a few random things. 
- Picked husband up from his tournament. 
- Made pizza for dinner. 
- Had some snuggles with Little Man before husband did the bedtime routine with him. 

#29 of 220 Old 04-06-2014, 12:18 PM

A pretty good day here so far - 

- Dropped husband off at the final day of his tournament. 

- Went to Target and shockingly didn't find a single thing. 

- Got myself a latte at Starbucks and some madeleines to share with Little Man. 

- Dropped a bag of food and toiletries off at the food pantry. 

- Came home and made two small Easter egg garlands before running out of both ribbon and Easter eggs! Guess my stash wasn't as big as I thought. So, back out we went (because I promised we'd make lots of them for the whole house!)

- Went to Dollar Tree and bought a bajillion Easter eggs - 6 bags of tiny and 10 bags of small. Plus one package of jumbo to set aside for the Easter egg hunt. Also found a mini trash can for the car (trying so hard to keep it clean and organized), as well as Jobe Organic fertilizer stakes for the garden.Also found two more sheets of the Easter egg window clings we have (we have scoured every Dollar Tree in the area so this was fun because we thought we were out luck), and two more Easter egg terrariums to do further crafting with either this year or next. Oh, and a wooden glittered Easter bunny decoration. $30 later... oy.  

- Dollar Tree didn't have any fabric ribbon so we popped into Michaels and picked up 6 of the thin white ribbon spools for $0.50 each. And since I'd like to repaint two of the purple Easter egg terrariums in light blue, I picked up a mini can of spray paint. Had a 50% off coupon for that, making it about $1.75 for the can. Win. 

- Came home and got us lunch. 

- Put up the wooden Easter bunny decoration. 

- Put Little Man down for a nap. 

- Put away clean dishes. 

- Started the dishwasher full of dirty dishes. 

- Handwashed a few pots and pans. 

- Took ground beef, ground pork and bacon out of the freezer to defrost for dinner. 

- Printed some coupons. 

After nap, we're going to head over to the library, pick up husband and then make some more Easter egg garlands!

#30 of 220 Old 04-06-2014, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

- took DH to the bus station

- bought groceries

- dropped donations by Goodwill

- ran and hung a wash load

- set ant traps on kitchen counters

- cleaned the wood stove and laid a fire in case it gets cold this evening

- took out trash and compost, cleaned the kitchen compost pail

- took a short pass through the yard, started policing up stray sticks and branches; we still have snow cover here

- texted new owners of mother's house about a question they had

- did some French-instead-of-solitaire

- made DS2 granola -- on the dining room table to avoid the ants and poison -- and got his care package built and out to the car

- ordered him some crackers and seasoned salt

- purged a couple of more things and set them aside for donation

Starting to drag, today was a really early start.  Early bedtime tonight.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page