Great Finds! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-06-2014, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

While on holiday or casually window shopping, or browsing internet websites, have you happened upon a really great find and bought it? When we were in La Palma I happened upon some spooner mugs and bought some for home. I never knew they existed until being told these

have been around for years. Though mine are smaller, rounder so much better for Juniper, other spooner mugs can be any size you want. Great for kids and big kids too, we can really enjoy spooning out our favourite comfort drinks. Mine right now just happens to be milky Ovalteen with strawberry marshmallows. Yummo! :yum

How about you? What has been your latest great find?

#2 of 5 Old 04-06-2014, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
When I traveled to Ireland just after college I was introduced to the electric tea kettle, which I had never seen before but fell in love with. It was so much faster than the stovetop kind I had been using my whole life! I bought one and really enjoyed it for years, then we somehow lost it in a move, so I haven't had it for the past few years. I should really get another -- I loved that thing.

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#3 of 5 Old 04-07-2014, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Those mugs are so neat! I kind of want one for my desk at work, to keep the spoon I use for stirring honey into my tea handy. :-)

I would say my most interesting relatively recent find while travelling was last summer - we were driving home from a camping trip in Wisconsin at popped into a Goodwill (I really can't resist going to "new" Goodwills). We found quite a few things on that visit, but my favorite was a red mini Little Dipper Crockpot - which is just the perfect thing to use for a simmer pot. The house smells so good in the fall and winter when I use it! 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#4 of 5 Old 04-08-2014, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

Those mugs are so neat! I kind of want one for my desk at work, to keep the spoon I use for stirring honey into my tea handy. :-)

I would say my most interesting relatively recent find while travelling was last summer - we were driving home from a camping trip in Wisconsin at popped into a Goodwill (I really can't resist going to "new" Goodwills). We found quite a few things on that visit, but my favorite was a red mini Little Dipper Crockpot - which is just the perfect thing to use for a simmer pot. The house smells so good in the fall and winter when I use it! 

If you go to The Find , join and put your location in, you'll be able to buy whatever spooner mug takes your fancy. I found a promotional site for the UK, and set up an account with them. Those spooner mugs will help promote my business.

I checked out your Little Dipper Crockpot - in red it looks really nice! Are you going to buy it? I love those pots. Over here we call them 'slow cookers'.

#5 of 5 Old 04-08-2014, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderpig View Post

If you go to The Find , join and put your location in, you'll be able to buy whatever spooner mug takes your fancy. I found a promotional site for the UK, and set up an account with them. Those spooner mugs will help promote my business.

I checked out your Little Dipper Crockpot - in red it looks really nice! Are you going to buy it? I love those pots. Over here we call them 'slow cookers'.

I may check out those mugs come next payday! I did indeed get the Little Dipper when I saw it - if I recall correctly I only paid $5 for it, second hand price. Major win. :-) 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page