Mothering Flash Mob - Saturday 4/19! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 04-17-2014, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)

I hereby challenge everyone to make at least 10 posts here on the forums this Saturday. Just for fun! 

VocalMinority likes this.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#2 of 14 Old 04-17-2014, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'm in -- cute idea! smile.gif

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#3 of 14 Old 04-18-2014, 12:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Do you mean start a conversation or post a reply ?

#4 of 14 Old 04-18-2014, 02:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaFrench View Post

I should think whatever applies. :)  (I'm in).

- - -

The tender my family put in for 300 acres of farmland has been accepted by its former owners who are retiring. This extra land means it will directly link our farm to the A259 enabling superb infrastructure by road. This is fantastic news!

#5 of 14 Old 04-18-2014, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaFrench View Post

Either counts. :-)

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#6 of 14 Old 04-18-2014, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
What a fantastic idea!

If you go to the main page, about halfway down under "Mothering Stats" you can see who the most active poster was for that day. It would be cool to see one of you there. It tickles me if I make one of those lists. Like I've won a prize or something. smile.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#7 of 14 Old 04-18-2014, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)

I'm in -- though if I run out of ideas, I may break down tomorrow's "accomplishments" into separate posts!

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#8 of 14 Old 04-18-2014, 06:04 PM

Tonight as I was helping clearing up after the family's party, I found 3/4 bottle of leftover vintage Krug. Guess what I'm up to right now?

:bgbounce

BeckyBird likes this.
#9 of 14 Old 04-19-2014, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)

Well, this makes seven for me today.  Didn't quite hit the goal, but had a lot of fun hitting forums and threads I wouldn't have taken time to do otherwise -- thanks for the idea!

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#10 of 14 Old 04-19-2014, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Glad people are on and having fun. :-)

#11 of 14 Old 04-19-2014, 06:25 PM

Our evening was interrupted by a hungry goatling wanting a feed. Kitty bottlefed it by the radiator, much to Juniper's glee.

#12 of 14 Old 04-20-2014, 01:09 AM

sorry, didn't make it .... my time was gobbled up with even more family drama (have you ever heard of someone trying to ban others from a funeral service taking place in a CHURCH ????? i thought they were public place anyone could enter anytime anyway .... + is that being Christian these days ?????????) and then i crashed and napped (badly needed) !!!!!

=> i'll have fun exploring the different threads started (over the next few days, school holidays for us here, so = less time for me "alone" at the computer ....)

BeckyBird likes this.
#13 of 14 Old 04-20-2014, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)

Sorry you had to go to a funeral! I can relate to the funeral drama though. The last funeral I attended, the family got into a fight over the order of the cars following the hearse....one relative was so upset that she literally fell to the ground, crying and yelling. My son saw this and was so confused, because he had never seen an adult throw a fit!

At my grandmother's funeral, certain people were not allowed to attend until certain family members had left, so they wouldn't see each other.

Funerals are so sad, and often bring out the worst in folks. I understand why though.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#14 of 14 Old 04-20-2014, 11:08 PM

actually ....i didn't get to go ... (i suppose i'm on the "secret list" of people banned from attending ... officially,, i've not even been notified of the death, but that could possibly be to try and spare my DH whose mental health is still fragile ... & we live in another country and DH doesn't have the permission to travel abroad unless he ask permission in writing to the local health authority etc ... ) but i feel for the other DIL in the family who thought she was going to attend and has now been told she's on the secret list .... there's been some toxic going ons beforehand within that family (due to prior trauma but which the spouses have been taking on full force on the face basically, which is why i'm so angry and upset ... why cannot these people seek professional help instead of making their best to ruin the life of their partners and their sibling and children's partners ?????)

have been toying with the idea of HIRING 40 strangers to go and attend the funeral 

i realise these people are grieving so it's not bringing the best in them, far from it ....

it's hard not to be emotionally drawn in all the tangles ...

anyway, thank you Becky bird for sharing your story ... it DOES make me feel a bit better, i must say (= am not the only one to go through this ...)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page