May 2014 - What did you accomplish today? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 167 Old 05-11-2014, 06:36 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Yesterday was so full of awesomeness.  I've been feeling pretty down for a couple weeks and I was really scared about the race I was running today.  The arthritis in my feet makes high impact type exercise, like running, very painful and I was scared that running the Warrior Dash would be impossible or very painful.  I also have many weird quirks like a fear of heights.  So I always have to talk myself over some of the obstacles.  (Here's a link to the Warrior Dash, for those who might be mystified.  I've run it 3 times and LOVE obstacle course races: https://www.warriordash.com/).  My husband told me a number of times I didn't have to run it.  But it's expensive to sign up for these races and, darnit, I wanted to prove to myself I could do it.  

So my day yesterday started at 5am, with us getting up and getting ready to run the race.  My son and husband ran it with me (the girls aren't old enough but they really wanted to run it!  They spent the night at friends' houses).  My husband ran the competitive heat at 8am and did fairly well.  Then he ran it again at 9am with myself, our son and a friend of his who has not worked out.  We did awesome!  I already told myself not to stress about a time, I would never hit my previous times again.  My goal was just to finish it.  And our friend was struggling in it so we stayed with him, too.  Because nothing sucks more than running 3.2 miles through mud, obstacles and hills when you're struggling than everyone else leaving you behind.  So we were his cheerleaders and we motivated him and in the end it took us a bit over an hour but I felt good because we were a team and there were only three obstacles I couldn't do (two because of arthritis and one because I was just plain scared).  And one I cried after I finished it because I was terrified while I did it.  And I finished it knowing I could have done it faster.  So next time I could think about running it twice, which makes me happy!  I think the mud we ran through worked as a cushion for my feet.  Plus there was lots of hills so I walked up those due to my achilles and, well, walking doesn't hurt my feet as much.  So we finished the race, filthy, muddy and so happy! We get a free beer at the end of the race, which made me feel pretty terrible (I can't seem to drink on Celebrex).  Then we head home just as it started to rain.  

THEN... DD2 played against another undefeated lax team.  They not only beat them soundly, but she scored her first goal!!!  

See?  Yesterday was full of awesome.  

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE HARD WORKING, ACCOMPLISHED MOMS HERE!  I hope you all take a break from accomplishing today and relax (unless, of course, accomplishing things is what you want to do today!  heehee)

mariamadly likes this.

Married, college student, part time work from home mom to DS (12), DD1 (10) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and two rats.
#62 of 167 Old 05-11-2014, 07:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)

Yes, Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

meowmix, congratulations!  Your day sounds wonderful.

Typical running around Saturday yesterday:

- to post office to get a sheet of pretty stamps for my mother's card today (I thought I had them already, oops)

- hardware store to get a snake for our slow kitchen drain

- chatted online with DS1 -- moving plans for this summer!

- some more purging and reorg in the attic; DH especially got rid of a bunch of stuff

- got DH to take it out to the car

- pressed two completed cross-stitch projects for framing

- dropped my mother off at Mass

- dropped projects off at frame shop

- got groceries

- brought my mother home

- helped DH make dinner

- booked DS2's shuttle ride to the airport

- watched The Wire

Today is cooking, baking, care-package-building, and maybe a little attic work.  My kind of day!  (freak)

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#63 of 167 Old 05-11-2014, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Happy Mother's Day everyone! :-)

Kind of a mixed bag here today since husband had to be at work at noon. But we had a nice morning - husband let me sleep in, made heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast, and helped Little Man make me a watercolor painting. After that - 

- We all went for a walk outside (it's beautiful out!). 

- Put a chicken in the crockpot for dinner. 

- Did two loads of laundry. 

- Made lunch for Little Man and I. 

- Refilled some bulk jars in the pantry. 

- Tidied the house. 

- Put Little Man down for a nap. 

This afternoon we're going to spend some time playing outside and relaxing. 

pumabearclan likes this.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#64 of 167 Old 05-11-2014, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Happy Mothers Day to all the incredible women on Mothering.com!

I welcomed my daughter home for a few weeks' stay today :)

#65 of 167 Old 05-11-2014, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Thank you, happy Mother's Day to you too!

I hope you have a wonderful time with your daughter, PumaBearclan.

Good job, meowmix!

Today my children accomplished cleaning the kitchen floor and table while I took a nap in the living room after lunch :) When I woke up there was a note on my lap from my oldest daughter asking me if she could make a fruit cake for Mother's Day.

I accomplished so far today:

showered

prayed

fed 3 of my children breakfast (the oldest fasted with me before communion)

went to Mass with my family

my husband bought a book for me for Mother's Day from the bookstore :)

I heated up leftovers and Spaghettios for lunch.

After my nap I walked two miles and now I'm grilling burgers for dinner. My oldest cut up fruit on bread (her "fruit cake") to go with them. If I'm up to it after dinner I will walk a third mile around the yard because it isn't storming yet. We will pray the Rosary and wish the Blessed Virgin Mary, mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ, a happy Mother's Day, too.

pumabearclan likes this.

May God bless you and His Blessed Mother Mary keep you!  :-)

#66 of 167 Old 05-12-2014, 03:51 AM

It sounds like you guys all had wonderful days!  PumaBearclan, have fun with your daughter!  And thanks for the congrats, guys!

Yesterday was really nice:

I slept in!

Kids made me homemade cards and helped make me breakfast.  DD1 made chocolate chip muffins and husband made eggs and bacon and DD2 made toast.

They cleaned up the kitchen for me and I read my book a few minutes.

Got dressed and went for a picnic with our friends at a state park!

We hiked a bit and hung out and looked at all the snakes sunning themselves by the water (wow, there were TONS)

Got back in time for DD2's lax game, which she LOST and was REALLY MAD about.

Picked up pizza on the way home because it was late

Ate pizza and tidied up the house a bit.

Iced my achilles and feet because a weekend of constant hiking/running made them hurt soooo badly.

Watched "Terms and Conditions May Apply" (eek!)

Went to bed!

Today I have massive housecleaning to do.  We literally have no clean towels and I need to do laundry desperately.  I also need to finish my spreadsheet and do all the normal stuff I do on Mondays.  Ack.  Busy day.  

Married, college student, part time work from home mom to DS (12), DD1 (10) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and two rats.
#67 of 167 Old 05-12-2014, 12:46 PM

An empty-the-car / fill-the-car kind of morning here:

- post office to mail DS2's last care package of the year

- Goodwill to drop off donations

- transfer station center to take recyclables

- grocery store

- home; empty-the-car, fill-the-kitchen

- talked to my bank about change in debit card policy

- made appointment for my mother with someone at her bank

- up to the attic, more rearranging than purging today, but now I can reach where I want to purge next

Not much left:

- confirm some account transactions for DS1 from when we were custodians

- PT

- make dinner

- make soup for tomorrow

It's a beautiful day, but 80 degrees, and I'm happiest when it's around 50.  Plus everyone around me is just *beaming* because of the weather -- I feel like some meteorological Grinch.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#68 of 167 Old 05-12-2014, 06:31 PM

We've had severe thunderstorms here all evening, so we're having a prolonged terrified-of-thunder bedtime... 

- Made dinner for Little Man and hung out with him while he ate. 

- Did the bath and bedtime routine with Little Man (part one... getting him to actually lay down and sleep is proving to be a challenge...).

- Had dinner with husband. 

And now I'm putzing around for a few minutes before I do a bit of office work. Today was so horrid I can't even discuss it. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#69 of 167 Old 05-12-2014, 09:54 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I had a lovely mothers day weekend. Spent it yardsaling, shopped at costco and got myself some mothers day dresses at catos, had a nice afternoon with my own mommy and ended it all with a bbq. Today was pretty productive! I-

did a hefty load of laundry, hung what needed hung, folded and put away
mopped bathroom and kitchen
vacuumed
straightened up back porch
got my hair cut by my sis and swept up my hair for the birdies
remembered I left three dz eggs in my sisters car yesterday. Ewwww!

I got a papasan chair earlier this week and gave away our broken down couch. My hubby moved my curio cabinet into the hall for me, so today I rearranged the living room and put the bottom of my hutch on freecycle. Hopefully its gone tomorrow!

Pulled some clothes from my closet to donate.

We just ate leftover bbq so no cooking!

On a bad note poor dh sprained his ankle pretty badly. So phone tag with him as he sits in er dealing with workman comp and employer crud.
#70 of 167 Old 05-13-2014, 04:10 AM

Kitchensqueen... I'm sorry you had SUCH a horrid day yesterday.  I hope today is better for you.

MariaMadly- I'll take your 80 degree days!  I used to love cold, now it just makes my joints hurt.  Once upon a time I had this dream of moving to Alaska and it being snowy and cold and full of sled dogs.  heh

happyhats- your mother's day sounds wonderful!  I hope your dh is okay with that ankle, though.

Yesterday was sooo busy.  Our house had descended into neglected madness.  I couldn't stand it anymore.

*Worked for 3.5 hours.

*cleaned up my bedroom, cleaned a hot spot in the hall and vaccuumed upstairs.

*Did laundry and brought it up to be folded (it's not folded yet)

Cleaned the kitchen

scarfed down lunch quickly

Showered- husband came home early to help me!  Out of the blue.  It was nice.

Husband cleaned the downstairs bathroom and spare bedroom.  Son had cleaned the upstairs bathroom and his room and emptied all the trash cans in the house.

Got son to therapy JUST in time.

Got home JUST in time to take DD1 to horseback riding

Got home and made dinner and started more laundry and swept the middle level.

Ate dinner.

Welcomed friend and her 4 year old son over.  She works and had to go out of town on a time her husband is also out of town.  We offered to watch her son for the day.  He's like family to us anyway.  She left at 4am.  So my son is down in the spare bedroom sleeping with her 4 old year old because he doesn't like to sleep alone.  omg, I peeked in on them and they are soo cute.  I wanted to take a picture, but I don't think my son would be amused.  In the mean time, my girls are wanting to stay home with us today because we have him today.  

#71 of 167 Old 05-13-2014, 01:02 PM

Poor hubby is pretty stiff today. He is now off to the dr office for post accident drug test and follow up care. So Im helping him as he will let me. It also turned pretty gloomy and wet today. Perfect day for movies and cuddles so thats probably what we will do. So far Ive helped hubby find insurance cards and crocs to wear out (he was going to donate them but they are easier to wear with his brace so I found them in the pile of donations lol). Made coffee, talked to dd some, and loaded and unloaded the dishwasher. I should eventually put some real clothes on since this dresser is being picked up.
#72 of 167 Old 05-13-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix View Post

Kitchensqueen... I'm sorry you had SUCH a horrid day yesterday.  I hope today is better for you.

MariaMadly- I'll take your 80 degree days!  I used to love cold, now it just makes my joints hurt.  Once upon a time I had this dream of moving to Alaska and it being snowy and cold and full of sled dogs.  heh

Thanks - today was quick. Not painless by any stretch of the imagination, but quick. So at least there's that. 

- Spent some time with Little Man, chatting while he ate dinner and playing trains for a little while. 

- Tidied up the linen closet. 

- Pulled out all of the gardening supplies and got it organized for it to live in the car for the summer (we have to drive to the next town over to go to our community garden plot). 

Going to relax for a bit, watch the Hawks game and do a little more work later tonight. Good times. 

#73 of 167 Old 05-14-2014, 04:47 AM

Yesterday we had my friend's 4 yr old with us all day.  It was exhausting and fun.  I forgot how busy littler kids are and how much I can't get done with a "not so great with kids" semi herding dog and an active boy.  Nonobadbordercollie literally followed the 4 yr old around all day, poking her nose on him and threatening to get bitey if he continued to run around.  Urgh.  Otherwise the day was a blast..

*Went to the zoo with son and 4 yr old.  We saw ring tail lemur babies!  ZOMGZOMGZOMG.  And a fennec fox close up.  So cute. 

*Came home and made lunch.

*Watched youtube videos of keeping a fennec fox for a pet. I so want one now.  heh

*I answered a discussion board post for school and kids made some couch cusion swamp and jumped from cushion to cushion while badbordercollie looked concerned ("So much noise in here and chaos, mom!  Want me to bite them and tell them to stop?"  LOL)

*Went to the park on the corner.

*Went to the sports store to get son new compression pants for lax.  4yr old talked us into getting a smoothie.

*Watched Rescue Bots for a bit at home

*DD1 home (DD2 went out to dinner with her teacher!) and we all went to the pool.

*Son to lax practice.  Took 4 yr old out to grocery store right quick for chicken nuggets for dinner

*Came home and DD2 home.  She had a blast with her teacher.  She has a great teacher this year.

*Cooked dinner and started eating.  Son and husband home early due to storm.

*We had a terrific storm with hail and house shaking thunder.  Totally stressed out the dogs and, when the kids screamed, she started barking and bit DD2.  UGH.  

*Settled DD2 down.  The girls painted nails.  

*Kids went to bed.  4 yr old was up and awake, amazingly, when his mom came home at 9:30.  She had to drive in that storm.  

*They went home.  We watched Continuum and went to bed!

Today is also busy, but in a "catch up on school work" kind of day.  DD2 is going to school early to meet her teacher to set up their pet hermit crab tank.  

#74 of 167 Old 05-14-2014, 05:21 AM

well, I was quite busy yesterday, so I didn't get on MDC to say what I'd done so... I got up at 7:00 am (whew, late, I know.), made breakfast (crepes with homemade frozen strawberry puree), then DH went to work at 8:00, and DD and I went to the farmers market to get some stuff. we went to Fabricville for my grandma, and went home at noon, when we made some lunch ( salad and peanut butter sandwiches with some (very indulgent) potato chips. then I did some laundry, hung it out to dry, and took J on a walk through the woods. we got back at 4:00, and I started making some homemade tortillas for supper (we were having wraps). that was my day yesterday, I'll be back later on today, after I've done more than just eaten breakfast geek.gif

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (20 months), 8 months pregnant with DD 2 , planning another homebirth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.
#75 of 167 Old 05-14-2014, 10:32 AM

Greetings from the other side of 50!  Today I:

- had a colonoscopy

- went out to breakfast with DH

- went to the book store to look for magazines for me; DH ended up getting two, I ended up deciding to go on Pinterest instead

- took a nap

- texted back and forth with DS1 about his next visit up here

- ordered some safe protein bars for DS1 and DS2 (multiple food allergies)

- chatted briefly with my mother about some preliminary weekend plans

- emailed DS2

Now DH is fixing a quick lunch.  I was told to make no major decisions for the rest of the day, so anything I add will be either very boring or way too exciting.

kitchensqueen, how big is your garden plot?

meowmix, my Berner would give me worried looks about what my kids were doing a lot, especially when I let them go off somewhere without me.

#76 of 167 Old 05-14-2014, 11:52 AM

OK... It's 3:48, and I'm relaxing on my bed,while DD catches some quick Zs. DH will be home at 5, so I'm procrastinating making supper. DD and I took a hike again today, and it was so hot, I did most of the hike in my bra and some shorts! That's been my day so far.

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (20 months), 8 months pregnant with DD 2 , planning another homebirth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.
#77 of 167 Old 05-14-2014, 03:36 PM

oSso far Ive helped hubby a bit getting ready for work, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, mopped and vacuumed. I finished up drying some laundry for a neighbor and folded that, and now there is a load of ours in the wash. Oh, and gave kiddos a bath. Im thawing chicken breasts and bacon for dinner tonight and being a bit lazy thanks to this rain and gloom.
#78 of 167 Old 05-14-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMadly View Post

- had a colonoscopy

kitchensqueen, how big is your garden plot?

Happy Birthday! And that's quite a way to celebrate! Our plot this year is 800 square feet, so it's a good-sized area. Now if the ground would dry out so we could actually get in there! 

Decent day here, though nothing super exciting. 

- Made dinner. 

- Played trains and cars with Little Man. 

- Sorted through the mail. 

- Did the bedtime routine with Little Man. 

- Looked through a catalog. 

- Baked cookies. 

And now I'm supposed to be doing a bit of office work... 

#79 of 167 Old 05-15-2014, 04:41 AM

Quote:

- had a colonoscopy

- went out to breakfast with DH

- went to the book store to look for magazines for me; DH ended up getting two, I ended up deciding to go on Pinterest instead

meowmix, my Berner would give me worried looks about what my kids were doing a lot, especially when I let them go off somewhere without me.

Oh, So sorry you had to have a colonoscopy.  I'm not looking forward to having to do that someday.  I think the same thing, too, about magazines... that's I'll just google the article or look for recipes online.  (Find me on Pinterest!  heh).  Awww... your Berner was sweet.  Cleo is a control freak and the fun police.  lol.  But she does FREAK if they leave the house to play without her.  She hates not being part of the herd of kids.  

Yesterday was pretty low key after our busy day previously.

*Worked a while

*Went to orthodontist appt (I now have pink and blue rubber bands!)

*Ate lunch

*Worked on my paper a bit for college.  Is this semester over YET?

*Walked nonobadbordercollie

*Took son to his homeschool class.

*Took DD2 to her therapy appt

*Dropped DD2 off at lax

*Made dinner, picked up DD2 and her friend from lax, ate dinner

*Was feeling PMSy, headachy and exhausted so watched Freaky Eaters with the kids

*Tucked them into bed

*Looked at pictures from the Warrior Dash (omg, I am making either dopey derp faces or expressions of abject terror in EVERY pic!  So embarrassing!)

*Watched 24 with husband while my headache got worse

*Crawled into bed

I woke up late this morning  I'm supposed to fast for a doctor's appt but I wanted to wake up early to eat breakfast.  I felt so awful when the alarm rang early, though, that I tossed and turned and stayed in bed.  Woke up at 6:30am with a start.  I am SO SORE because I forgot to take my meds last night and my head was killing me.  I hate PMS and arthritis.  Ate a bagel anyway (my appt is at 1:45 and I just won't eat anything else until after) and took some Celebrex.  It has now taken the edge of the headache and I am not in so much joint pain.  ARGH.  36 turning 100.  

#80 of 167 Old 05-15-2014, 05:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Cleaned the entire house, played with my ferret, did lunch, worked, been to BTLS busy day :D 

#81 of 167 Old 05-15-2014, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigato View Post

Cleaned the entire house, played with my ferret, did lunch, worked, been to BTLS busy day :D 

Welcome!  What is BTLS?  

Oh, and Maria I was too dense to realize it was your birthday so.. Happy BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! :)

#82 of 167 Old 05-15-2014, 05:24 AM

Quote:

Welcome!  What is BTLS?  

Oh, and Maria I was too dense to realize it was your birthday so.. Happy BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! :)

Oh, you didn't, I'm sorry!  It was last month.  I just procrastinated so much on both my driver's license *and* my medical care that it didn't get taken care of until weeks later.  I'll take the festive thoughts with thanks, though -- much nicer than the "gifts" from my doc and the DMV!!!

#83 of 167 Old 05-15-2014, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigato View Post

Pictures, please?

#84 of 167 Old 05-15-2014, 05:32 AM

So the rest of yesterday:

- bought things online . . . J. Peterman . . . there should be a warning about operating credit cards along with heavy machinery after sedation, but DH was there so I had a designated shopper

- chatted online with DS1

- lost a checkers game to DH; didn't even make him nervous

Today I'll ease back into things, plans include:

- short grocery trips to both mainstream and crunchy stores

- PT

- purging that box I had set aside the other day in the attic; more rearranging, too

- have to come up with a plan for all the moving boxes in DS1's room; he's coming up to visit and needs to be able to use his floor

- and since DS2 will be home, too, I can't just shove the stack across the hall -- same thing about using his floor; kids these days!

It looks as though I got rid of cardboard boxes in the attic to make room for more of the same.  :-)

So I did the above -- attic will accommodate the additional moving boxes, which will just inspire me to get rid of more things.  Also baked my mother a loaf of GF bread and did a bit of cleanup from her baking this afternoon.  And started my next grocery list . . .

#85 of 167 Old 05-15-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:

Oh, you didn't, I'm sorry!  It was last month.  I just procrastinated so much on both my driver's license *and* my medical care that it didn't get taken care of until weeks later.  I'll take the festive thoughts with thanks, though -- much nicer than the "gifts" from my doc and the DMV!!!

Hahaha that was sneaky! 

Fairly nice day here. You know, after having to write up one of my employees and all. Those conversations are never fun. 

- Got a free latte at Starbucks with an emailed reward code (it was like the universe knew I needed something to fortify me for the work drama ahead!). 

- Did That Thing They Call Work for many hours, where I managed not to scream or crawl under my desk and hide. Win. 

- Went to Hobby Lobby with Little Man and husband. Shockingly did not find a single thing to buy. 

- Went to Dollar Tree with Little Man while husband ran into Binnys. Again, no purchase! 

- Went to Portillos for dinner. 

- Sorted through the mail. 

- Did about an hour of the devil's work. 

And now, now I am shutting this thing off - going to read a magazine for a bit and go to bed! 

#86 of 167 Old 05-16-2014, 05:59 AM

Yesterday:

Woke late (well, 6:30am) and ate breakfast anyway because I hate being hungry. 

Took nonobadbordercollie for a walk with my friend before it rained today.  Saw ducklings, deer and a turtle on our walk!

Worked for a while.

Lectured son for way too long about finishing his school work and doing a good job. *sigh*

Was getting hangry so I chilled on the couch for a minute and did nothing.

Went to my doctor's appt and had blood work done

Ran to the grocery store to grab a few things

Stopped at the house to put groceries away

Went to therapy

Came home as the girlies were getting off the bus

Took them to the library and to get an outfit for the fashion birthday party DD1 is going to 

Came home and it was pouring rain and I started dinner, husband took the kids to the streams to see if they were overflowing (they were)

Ate dinner

Read to the kids and tucked them in

Watched 24 and collapsed in bed.

I have been boring and lame with my son over homeschooling.  My therapist is suggesting I may be clinically depressed and it giving me one more week before she strongly recommends medication. Today it is rainy and chilly and I'm going to the movies with my son.  I really don't want to go on antidepressants and there has to be a way I can feel better without them.  Maybe meditation daily?  

#87 of 167 Old 05-16-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:

Yesterday:

(snipped)

I have been boring and lame with my son over homeschooling.  My therapist is suggesting I may be clinically depressed and it giving me one more week before she strongly recommends medication. Today it is rainy and chilly and I'm going to the movies with my son.  I really don't want to go on antidepressants and there has to be a way I can feel better without them.  Maybe meditation daily?  

I'm so sorry, meowmix.  Has your therapist tried coming up with other suggestions?  Or medical causes like vitamin deficiency, etc.?  Yeah, I'm second-guessing the pro here.  Depression's a vicious monkey -- hope you find something that helps.

#88 of 167 Old 05-16-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:

I'm so sorry, meowmix.  Has your therapist tried coming up with other suggestions?  Or medical causes like vitamin deficiency, etc.?  Yeah, I'm second-guessing the pro here.  Depression's a vicious monkey -- hope you find something that helps.

Thanks.  Yea, she has suggested some things and I have trouble doing them (ie: getting out of the house and working at, say, Starbucks or Panera or something).  I have trouble motivating myself to meet other people.  I'm aware I'm doing it.  I am a psychology major, after all, but I have trouble motivating myself to change.  It's really frustrating.. but sometimes I don't even feel like feeling frustrated.  ykwim?  I did get blood work done and she suggested it could be thyroid related.  I haven't gotten the blood work results back yet.  And she did give me some homework, which I am going to accomplish.  I'm at a kind of transitional point in my life and there's a lot of emotion and upheaval that I don't talk about here.  She thinks, and I agree, that I am not quite sure what to do with myself right now and Im floundering a bit.  So I think I will get through it.  

My son and I beat the rain this morning and went to the movies so that was a fun escape.  Now he is napping a bit (he is a sleepy teenage boy, after all!) while I attempt to finish my paper on a day I am feeling motivated.  I have a week of school left in this semester and am really struggling to stay motivated to finish.  my badbordercollie keeps shoving the tennis ball on my leg for me to throw it so I may have to walk her soon, too.  

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions!  They mean a lot.  :)

#89 of 167 Old 05-16-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:

Thanks.  Yea, she has suggested some things and I have trouble doing them (ie: getting out of the house and working at, say, Starbucks or Panera or something).  I have trouble motivating myself to meet other people.  I'm aware I'm doing it.  I am a psychology major, after all, but I have trouble motivating myself to change.  It's really frustrating.. but sometimes I don't even feel like feeling frustrated.  ykwim? 

Sorry to hear you're in a rough spot. Have you tried the "fake it until you make it" attitude? Literally forcing yourself to do things until it becomes part of your routine and easier to get over the hurdle? Not the easiest path, but might be worth thinking about. 

Mixed bag a bit here. Worked from home so that was nice, and quit about an hour early. 

- Went by the post office so husband could mail a package. 

- Stopped at Meijer to buy compost for the garden and cultivating fork. 

- Went the garden with the hopes of at least laying down some compost and building some trellises, but it was a muddy quagmire. Husband waded through it to drop the bags in our plots, but it'll probably be at least a week before we can get in there and plant. Provided there's no more rain... 

- Dropped books off at the library. We were far too muddy to go inside and get more. 

- Made dinner. 

- Did the bedtime routine with Little Man. 

Now - putzing around and relaxing, and a little office work later. 

#90 of 167 Old 05-16-2014, 05:55 PM

Up early today:

- had breakfast

- folded laundry and put it away

- went to yoga

- bought groceries

- dropped donations off at Goodwill

- put groceries away

- boxed up some of the kids' old books -- Artemis Fowl, etc. -- and tucked them out of the way

- purged some other odd books throughout the house

- roasted and diced chicken for upcoming meals

- chatted with my mother, confirmed some weekend plans

- did some money stuff:  recorded transactions, paid bills, checked balances

- cooked dinner with DH

- emailed the kids briefly (DS1 to confirm zip code for his new apartment, and DS2 with an "are you done yet?")

- spent way too much time looking at for-sale listings for old cottages in Scotland -- so pretty!

Might read a little bit now, and early to bed.  This weekend I plan to learn to use the lawnmower!  (Yes, the sedative from Wednesday has worn off.  :)  )

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page