May 2014 - What did you accomplish today? - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 167 Old 05-29-2014, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Ah, Friday Eve. A wonderful day. I'm only working a half day tomorrow (I don't care what happens) so that's going to be awesome. My nieces are coming over for a visit and overnight stay so it will be fun to have a house full of kids for Little Man.

That Place = Cluster-bleep. After that -

- Went by the garden to water the plants, and planted strawberries and a blueberry bush.
- Went to Food 4 Less for a stock up price on peanut butter. Picked up 10 jars.
- Came home and spent time with Little Man.
- Helped husband make dinner.
- Bedtime routine with Little Man.
- A spot of office work (one more email to send in a bit here, then I'm calling it).
- Browsed through the new Saveur (great articles this month!).
- Organized some things to donate to the food pantry.
- Tidied the house.

Going to relax and maybe do a bit of reading for awhile.

So, this new forum format is going to take some getting used to... I hope they fix the ability to skip to the newest post in subscribed threads, because otherwise it's going to a PITA to keep up with new posts.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#152 of 167 Old 05-29-2014, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post
Ah, Friday Eve. A wonderful day. I'm only working a half day tomorrow (I don't care what happens) so that's going to be awesome. My nieces are coming over for a visit and overnight stay so it will be fun to have a house full of kids for Little Man.

That Place = Cluster-bleep. After that -

- Went by the garden to water the plants, and planted strawberries and a blueberry bush.
- Went to Food 4 Less for a stock up price on peanut butter. Picked up 10 jars.
- Came home and spent time with Little Man.
- Helped husband make dinner.
- Bedtime routine with Little Man.
- A spot of office work (one more email to send in a bit here, then I'm calling it).
- Browsed through the new Saveur (great articles this month!).
- Organized some things to donate to the food pantry.
- Tidied the house.

Going to relax and maybe do a bit of reading for awhile.

So, this new forum format is going to take some getting used to... I hope they fix the ability to skip to the newest post in subscribed threads, because otherwise it's going to a PITA to keep up with new posts.
I'm having trouble distinguishing quoted sections in posts. Operator error, probably. :P

Busy busy today but feel as though I've been running in place:

- washed and hung a load of laundry outside
- bought groceries
- put them away
- dropped mother off to meet a friend
- got DS2 up and fed; offered to go out so he could have the house to himself, but he was fine
- attic work; moved boxes; found a couple things to donate; sketched out a minor furniture move
- PT stretches
- dinner for DS2
- dinner for DH and myself
- second dinner for DS2, the Hobbit
- chatted with DS1 about banking and cell plans (he's taking his number off ours to another carrier and needs to figure out what we have to do for that)
- reading a little, then bed

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#153 of 167 Old 05-29-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamadly View Post
I'm having trouble distinguishing quoted sections in posts. Operator error, probably. :P
I think that's just going to be an issue for content that was imported from the old site. New quotes seem to be appearing in a box.

And apparently we can jump to the newest post in a thread by clicking the > next to the name of the last poster in the thread listing.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#154 of 167 Old 05-30-2014, 04:29 AM

Where are my subscriptions? It used to be that I would sign into mothering and the subscriptions would be in the top right with a red number by it for new posts. I can't find it anymore. I see a private messages and when I last visited, but not my threads I'm subbed to. Anyone know where they are?

So Wednesday I had a dry needling appt and that was really cool!
I also worked.
That was two whole days ago so yea, I can't remember what else I did.

Yesterday I
*worked most of the day
*waded deeper into the laundry jungle and harvested more laundry (ok, I washed and folded more clothes!)
*swept the living level
*went to therapy with husband to discuss something
*chatted with son about his essay due today
*played the game he made at his homeschool class for a while- it was pretty fun!
*made dinner and ate it
*goofed off with the girlies and then watched Cupcake Wars.

Son gave DD1 the cutest compliment. He doesn't always get along with his sisters but he ate one of DD1's cupcakes that she made (lemon poundcake cupcake with strawberry creamcheese frosting) and he said "Wow, DD1, THESE would win cupcake wars!" It was really nice and made her beam.

Married, college student, part time work from home mom to DS (12), DD1 (10) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and two rats.
#155 of 167 Old 05-30-2014, 09:40 AM

Got a bunch of errands done this morning:

- picked up dry cleaning
- dropped off donations
- dumped recycling
- got info from bank for nonprofit account
- bought a blood pressure cuff
- short grocery run from memory; remembered most of it
- PT stretches

Now DS2's scones are baking in the oven. Might take him out this afternoon (have I mentioned that neither of my kids has a driver's license?). Decluttering setback yesterday: no, I didn't buy stuff, but I just crashed looking at how effing much is still left to do. Need to remember that it has to happen slowly. Which it will, this afternoon.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#156 of 167 Old 05-30-2014, 12:58 PM

Today was kind of blah. I think we're all just done this week. It wasn't a bad day... I'm tired and husband is tired and I'm feeling unmotivated.

*Signed kids up for camps this summer
*Worked a bit
*Cleaned the kitchen
*Read son's essay, asked him to fix a few things
*Re-read his essay and it was fantastic! I think he writes a good essay for a 7th grader!
*Was totally SICK of sitting so took nonobadbordercollie for a walk
*Made salad for lunch
*Worked a tiny bit more
*Went to my dry needling appt. It was kind of painful today.
*Husband took son to parkday for the homeschool group
*I just got home and chatted with husband and son for a moment. Now son is back to working on learning how to use Ableton (he just started a class on it last night) and husband is taking a nap (really really rough week at work for him) and I am drinking a wonderful cup of coffee that my wonderful son made me before I go meet the bus.

This evening will be:
Take DD2 to lax practice
Figure out what to eat for dinner
Watch a movie

Happy Friday!!

Married, college student, part time work from home mom to DS (12), DD1 (10) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and two rats.
#157 of 167 Old 05-30-2014, 02:02 PM

We got our quotes back! And I'm back on track upstairs:

- tackled a box of old letters, programs, newspaper articles, greeting cards. Major purging and some really fun finds: newspaper article with photo of DH receiving a scholarship and looking painfully young (he was 17). DS2 looks at it and says, "Yeeeppp, you can tell where [DS1's name] and I come from, that's for sure." And I get to use the new nerd smiley here! <---- there they are, my guys!

- dumped some vegetables in leftover stock and have soup simmering on the stove for dinner. It turned cold (just 60 now, dropped 12 degrees through the afternoon, and very cloudy).

- got online access taken care of for that nonprofit bank account. Now I feel as though I've rejoined this century.

#158 of 167 Old 05-30-2014, 08:07 PM

Quote:
And apparently we can jump to the newest post in a thread by clicking the > next to the name of the last poster in the thread listing.
Never mind - apparently it just takes you to the very last post in the thread... hopefully they can fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix View Post
Where are my subscriptions? It used to be that I would sign into mothering and the subscriptions would be in the top right with a red number by it for new posts.
They added a button in purple in the upper right hand side of the page that says "thread subscriptions".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamadly View Post
We got our quotes back!
Where are they? I don't see them anywhere.

We had a crazy busy day here. My two nieces are here for an overnight visit. I had to work this morning so they all hung out with husband and played, then the afternoon, lots of activity -

- Went to a cool vintage diner where they serve all the food via model railroad for lunch.
- Went to the zoo.
- Came home for more playtime and hanging out.
- Made dinner for the kids.
- Watched a few episodes of Peg + Cat at the nieces request.
- Bedtime routine with the kids (they're "camping" on the floor of Little Man's room).
- Watched a movie with husband.

And now since we'll have three kids up at the crack of dawn tomorrow, it's time to go to sleep!

#159 of 167 Old 05-31-2014, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
hi, I haven't been on for a while, cuz I've had this terrible cold for about 4 days, and before I was upper busy moving into DH's parents' old/ our new...FARM!!!!!!! yes, we finally did it, and I'm typing this from our dining room's old kitchen table. yay! well, I wasn't feeling so hot this am, so I was on the couch while J watched tv ( I know, I know, what a bad mommy...) until about 11 am, even though I was kinda tired. then I drew a face on my knee and played with JoJo on the couch (hello, I'm Mrs. Knee! welcome to the kneeberhood!). then I got up at 11:30 (aprox) and started lunch (noodles with butter for J, sauce for me). after lunch I got dressed, lol, and played with J. it's 2:20 pm right now and we're taking a walk at 3.

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (20 months), 8 months pregnant with DD 2 , planning another homebirth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.
#160 of 167 Old 05-31-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturemama23 View Post
hi, I haven't been on for a while, cuz I've had this terrible cold for about 4 days, and before I was upper busy moving into DH's parents' old/ our new...FARM!!!!!!!
Congratulations on getting a farm. That's pretty cool.

We had a lot of running around so far today. My nieces stayed over last night so we had a houseful -

- Made half home made doughnuts for the kids for breakfast.
- Hung out and played with the kids.
- Clipped some coupons.
- Checked out the coupon preview online - not worth it to buy a paper this week.
- Sister came to pick up the nieces and we visited awhile.
- Dropped husband off at work.
- Went to Old Navy because we desperately needed a few pieces of quality summer clothes (and we haven't found anything suitable second hand lately... meh).
- Stopped at Hobby Lobby to see if 4th of July stuff has clearanced yet, and it hasn't.
- Went to Target to pick up some groceries.
- Put away groceries.
- Made lunch for Little Man and I.
- Started the dishwasher.
- Tidied Little Man's room.
- Put Little Man down for a nap.

And now I may nap as well, then this afternoon we're going to go to the pool.

#161 of 167 Old 05-31-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:

Where are they? I don't see them anywhere.
I just meant the quotes brought over started showing up in boxes again.

And I really want to eat at the model train diner, sounds like so much fun!!! Hope you enjoy your visitors. :-)

Quote:
hi, I haven't been on for a while, cuz I've had this terrible cold for about 4 days, and before I was upper busy moving into DH's parents' old/ our new...FARM!!!!!!! yes, we finally did it, and I'm typing this from our dining room's old kitchen table. yay! well, I wasn't feeling so hot this am, so I was on the couch while J watched tv ( I know, I know, what a bad mommy...) until about 11 am, even though I was kinda tired. then I drew a face on my knee and played with JoJo on the couch (hello, I'm Mrs. Knee! welcome to the kneeberhood!). then I got up at 11:30 (aprox) and started lunch (noodles with butter for J, sauce for me). after lunch I got dressed, lol, and played with J. it's 2:20 pm right now and we're taking a walk at 3.
Congratulations, and much happiness in your new home! And kneeberhood, that cracked me up!

Lazy day here so far:

- got a check ready for deposit and took the envelope down the hill to mail
- cleared out some junk from under the second-floor bathroom sink (large cabinet); brought down a box of stuff that needs to be there from the attic, so both spaces look better
- gave the tub and bathroom sink a quick pass with a rag and some cleaner
- woke and fed DS2
- purged some old receipts, and DH got rid of a bunch of things too
- hung out with the neighbors at their scrap-wood/brush mini bonfire for a little bit
- stuck a frozen (organic) pizza in the oven for DS2

About to take my mother to church, then home to drop her and pick DS2 up for a quick bookstore run. Maybe bake something with him tonight (I mean coach him while he does), he's planning a care package for his GF at her internship.

#162 of 167 Old 06-01-2014, 04:23 AM

I wonder if they will make it so it pops down to the last read posts rather than the last post. That's annoying. @naturemama - Congrats on the move! How do you like it so far? I hope you are feeling better soon but kneeberhood cracked me up, too!

Yesterday!
*I slept in and piddled around the internet for a while
*Got ready to go to son's lax playoff game
*They won! I was so excited because they have lost most of their games this year. Son was not excited. We kind of had it out yesterday in a "me crying, him upset he spoke before he thought, him insisting he actually liked lax and really did want to play today.. " wow. Rollercoaster emotional bit there.
*Worked out everything and then met friends for linner- really early dinner, late lunch- and visited their new apartment, which is like 2 miles from us! So excited.
*Spent a long time in their apartment building- they have a rooftop pool, pool table, movie room, workout room. I'm so excited for them (while still liking our house)
*Stopped at Target for a dehumidifier but they were omg expensive!
*Came home without on and put the kids to bed
*Previewed the Matrix because, even though it is my fav movie ever, I had never watched it from the perspective of my son seeing it. Determined he might be able to watch it but my girls, no.

Today we are going to see DD1 ride in a horse show and both my kids have more lax playoffs!

#163 of 167 Old 06-01-2014, 04:40 AM

Hi, it's 8:35 am right now, and I'm heating up cinnamon buns in the oven for b-fest. today I'm planning to take DD to visit my grandma for 30 mins or so, and then stopping at the store on the way home. the store being a tiny little red general store down the road from the farm that is. stop laughing, I need milk. I'll be back later to say what I actually did .

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (20 months), 8 months pregnant with DD 2 , planning another homebirth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.
#164 of 167 Old 06-01-2014, 09:59 AM

Mixed morning here today -

- Did about an hour of office work.
- Dropped husband off for a day shift at work.
- Went to the garden to plant some pole beans, do some weeding and water all of the plants. The edamame, bush beans, onions and some of the Swiss chard have sprouted, but the tomatoes and peppers are dead. Grrrr. So now we'll have to buy starts if we want any this year....
- Stopped at Target to pick up diapers and frozen veg with coupons. Found a gift pack of local spirts (vodka and gin from Minnesota) with two speed pourers, on clearance for $15. We rarely drink hard alcohol, but it'll be nice to have a cocktail or two this summer.
- Came home and put the shopping away.
- Organized the car trunk a bit - car still needs a bit more tidying today, but I'll do that when we leave again later.
- Built a new train track with Little Man.

Going to make lunch for Little Man and I, then get him down for a nap. We're going to go to the pool this afternoon, then pick up husband. It'll be nice to have Sunday dinner as a family.

Still to come -

- Pool with Little Man.
- Finish cleaning and organizing the car.
- Bake pumpkin muffins for breakfast.
- Mend the strap on my backpack.
- Organize my work bag.
- Laundry.
- Hawks game with husband after we get Little Man into bed.

#165 of 167 Old 06-01-2014, 06:14 PM

We did not go to the pool. Little Man just absolutely refused. So we stayed home and played trains and cars instead. Did a few other things as well, mostly while Little Man was napping -

- Mended the strap on my backpack.
- Cleaned out and organized my work gear.
- Put away the swim gear I had packed in the backpack.
- Tidied up the house.
- On the way to pick up husband from work, stopped at Meijer to pick up replacement tomato and pepper starts. Also came away with a watermelon, cucumber, and assorted herbs.
- Picked up husband from work.
- Made up a batch of laundry soap.
- Made dinner.
- Potted the thyme I bought, and stuck the chives and parsley into milk glass compotes; need to get some more potting soil so I can transplant them properly.
- Did the bedtime routine with Little Man.
- Clipped a few coupons that I printed.

And that's pretty much it for today. I may organize my coupon binder so I can keep ahead of it, but I'll probably just watch the Hawks game and do a little reading.

#166 of 167 Old 06-02-2014, 09:52 AM

Hi, I actually did all of it! yay! well, that was yesterday, it's 1:50 pm the next day now. oh yeah, yesterday I was so out of it from being sick that I forgot it was June first, so belated happy June !!! hope you all enjoy your summers. also, I'm 8 months as of yesterday! I'm gonna change my signature now. oh yeah, what I've done so far... hmm... oh yeah, I got up @ 7:00, made homefries eggs and toast for b-fest, and went for a 1 km run. then I got back home and ate with DD and DH (potatoes had been cooking while I ran) and drove DH to work. after dropping him off, we went to the Farmers Market and Louie's ( a really nice used clothing store in truro). then we went home @ 12:00, and I made lunch (garden salad, no dressing, and homemade pita chips) and played with DD until 1:30, then I got on here and wrote this!
P.S. thanks Maria and Meowmix, for the congratulations, I'm loving the new place.

#167 of 167 Old 06-02-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Hi, I actually did all of it! yay! well, that was yesterday, it's 1:50 pm the next day now. oh yeah, yesterday I was so out of it from being sick that I forgot it was June first, so belated happy June !!! hope you all enjoy your summers. also, I'm 8 months as of yesterday! I'm gonna change my signature now. oh yeah, what I've done so far... hmm... oh yeah, I got up @ 7:00, made homefries eggs and toast for b-fest, and went for a 1 km run. then I got back home and ate with DD and DH (potatoes had been cooking while I ran) and drove DH to work. after dropping him off, we went to the Farmers Market and Louie's ( a really nice used clothing store in truro). then we went home @ 12:00, and I made lunch (garden salad, no dressing, and homemade pita chips) and played with DD until 1:30, then I got on here and wrote this!
P.S. thanks Maria and Meowmix, for the congratulations, I'm loving the new place.
omgosh. Your day and food sounds wonderful!!! And hey, we have a new thread for June 2014, since it is June now. I know, May flew by, right?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page