#1 of 167 Old 05-01-2014, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

So far I accomplished:

Starting this new thread :)

Walking 2 miles around our yard

Working on the grocery list to get ready to go shopping

Told my husband the brands of the appliances that aren't working so we can start the process of having the home warranty (?) replace them

Washed dishes

Put varies pairs of shoes by the front door

Picked up toys in the playroom for a few minutes and put them away

Picked up pencils and crayons, put them away, and swept the kitchen floor

May God bless you and His Blessed Mother Mary keep you!  :-)

#2 of 167 Old 05-01-2014, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catholic Mama View Post

Starting this new thread :)

YAY!  I was actually coming here to do that very thing!  lol.  Since I have to pick up my hours at work, and our lives are very busy right now, I realized I need to have a more set routine.  This morning I devised a routine and I think it will work!

Operation "stick to a routine" is going to be successful!  My day so far:

630a: wake up and be generally showered and stuff.  Empty dishwasher, refill animal water bowls.

7-8am: eat breakfast and work (husband leaves for work around 730)

8-9: load dishwasher and clean up from breakfast.  Help girlies get organized for school.  Dry my hair, do dental routine (rinse, brush, floss with braces takes a bit of time!).  Usually I scoop the cat box during this time but the cats have been outside a lot and, wow, sorry neighbors, there was nothing in our cat box to scoop:Sheepish.  See girls off to school on the bus.

9-10: Work and drink my second cup of coffee.

10: Son must be showered and ready for school by this time.  Usually he's up at 8am but he reads or plays on his tablet or plays Halo.  At 10am I start studying for my classes.  Son has to come downstairs and do his stuff for the day that is self directed.  He has trouble working on his own so he needs to stay near me to stay on task right now.  Eventually I will have a planner for him.  I finished my paper today and submitted it and responded to message board posts.

12: Lunch- Salad!  Son joined me for lunch but then had to continue math and then he cleaned and vacuumed his gross teenage room.

After lunch is housework, errands, exercise, etc.  Today I have changed out and folded two loads of laundry, swept the middle level, thought about dinner

1pm: Walked nonobadbordercollie 3 miles (I walk a 15 minute mile or faster if I can)

1:45pm: home and son was finished his tasks and I put pork in the oven to cook with spices and onions.  I'll shred it later and add BBQ sauce.

2pm: Gave myself a coffee and cookie break (DD1 baked cookies yesterday and they're super good!).  Took some time to laugh at social anxiety cat memes on Pinterest.  

For the rest of today I have a therapy appointment soon.  Then I will see if anyone wants to do P90x kenpo X with me.  I'll shred the pork and add sauce and probably fold more laundry.  I may or may not work more tonight.  I scheduled in two nights of work a week.  I did work last night.  

OH!  And husband just texted me about being interviewed to become a trainer at a local boxing exercise place here (he does not box like on TV).  I think that would be so super cool!  So I will be taking son to his lax practice so husband can go to the interview.  

Anyway.. that was a total novel of my day.  heh.  

Married, college student, part time work from home mom to DS (12), DD1 (10) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and two rats.
#3 of 167 Old 05-01-2014, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

As our farmhouse area was a quagmire of mud and sweaty builders demolishing the old kitchen, I didn't feel like staying so went home to commence another round of farm accounts. By the time the afternoon came round, Little Pig and Penny's boy went out with my sisters leaving Pen and I free to chase each other round the house. Joking!  :laugh Instead, we did a batch cook for the bank holiday weekend, and then I started tonight's dinner. It was a pleasant time, though this afternoon the weather had gone real grumpy and started tanking down.

#4 of 167 Old 05-01-2014, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

A tiny bit of purging, and my heart sings:

- schlepped my way slowly into the day this morning

- took a box of books to our local indie bookstore to see if they'd buy any

- cashed a check for my mother

- went to the library, left with books I'll *have* to get rid of

- met DH for lunch

- home again, proofread his paper for some more input

- did my PT stretches

- chatted and texted with DS1 a bit

- treated a slow-draining kitchen sink

- reseated a drawer in the dresser where the Brio in the attic is going -- hopefully tomorrow!

Reheats for dinner tonight, more back-and-forth with DH about his paper, maybe some sounding-board stuff with DS1 (he's apartment hunting in a very tough market, and stressed).  (DS2 is stressed, too, but it's his last week of classes and he won't be able to surface for a day or two.)

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#5 of 167 Old 05-01-2014, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMadly View Post

A tiny bit of purging, and my heart sings:

You're feeling better and more mobile, then?

Also, I can't believe one quarter of this year is over! Not much here other than work - my counterpart went on maternity leave today, so I am now the proud Ops Manager of not one, but two departments for the next three months... oy! Two thoughts spring to mind as I embark upon this, um... new adventure. One - it's going to get way worse before it gets better. And two - the road to hell is paved with good intentions. So there's that. :-) Needless to say, I will be working tonight. So far...

- Stopped at the bank to deposit our state tax return. Shocking we actually even got it, since our state is basically bankrupt. 

- Filled up the car with gas. 

- Played trains and hung out with Little Man before bedtime. 

- Skyped with my boss for a few minutes (at least she's working all the time too, and it's not just me...). 

- Went through the mail. Some samples arrived so I sorted through the ones to keep and the ones to donate. 

Now I'm getting ready to serve up dinner that husband cooked, watch The Americans with husband, print some coupons, pay some bills and work. So glad tomorrow is Friday. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#6 of 167 Old 05-01-2014, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Happy May ladies!!

Today was another unproductive (morning sickness) day! I need this to end!!! My mom said she would come and do a deep clean of my house Saturday! How nice it will be. Then hopefully I can keep up on it from there.

Today I got up, got the kids breakfast.
Unloaded dishes
Started laundry
Got DD ready and took her to school
Came home and rested all morning with DS
Napped when DS napped
Showered
Picked up DD
Went to grocery store
Made buffalo chicken dip for dinner
Flipped laundry
Dishes
Picked up house
Got kids ready for bed
Read my bible, now I'm in bed.

My mom was here and helped out a bit so that was nice.

DH 31; Me 30; DD 5; DS 1; Baby due Dec 17th
#7 of 167 Old 05-02-2014, 02:11 AM

I've not long been back from an early morning supermarket hop. As it's another public holiday weekend, any shopping later in the day or tomorrow will be like a rugby scrum. My sisters Iona, Kitty, Fiona and I were given a lift down to Sainsbury's. We grabbed a trolley each and cheering, charged down the aisles! Hear the Battle Cry of The Girls!! Hahahaa - can you imagine? :laugh

There's another arty-farty party tomorrow and the ancients have roped us in to help with the catering. See - no rest from cooking for me, lol. Anyway, my girls and I already have the party food planned - and it will be wonderful I tell you - because we're all brilliant cooks!  :thumb

Shopping bill: £1,071.37   O____O

#8 of 167 Old 05-02-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

You're feeling better and more mobile, then?

Also, I can't believe one quarter of this year is over! Not much here other than work - my counterpart went on maternity leave today, so I am now the proud Ops Manager of not one, but two departments for the next three months... oy! Two thoughts spring to mind as I embark upon this, um... new adventure. One - it's going to get way worse before it gets better. And two - the road to hell is paved with good intentions. So there's that. :-) Needless to say, I will be working tonight. So far...

- Stopped at the bank to deposit our state tax return. Shocking we actually even got it, since our state is basically bankrupt. 
- Filled up the car with gas. 
- Played trains and hung out with Little Man before bedtime. 
- Skyped with my boss for a few minutes (at least she's working all the time too, and it's not just me...). 
- Went through the mail. Some samples arrived so I sorted through the ones to keep and the ones to donate. 

Now I'm getting ready to serve up dinner that husband cooked, watch The Americans with husband, print some coupons, pay some bills and work. So glad tomorrow is Friday. 

I just groaned out loud for your work situation. Oy vey!

Today I got hubby off to work, then went back to bed. Yes I did. I was literally and figuratively out of spoons. Already.
We got up at 7:30 and we're lazy. I never finished reading my Bible, she was being too demanding and the pc (our closest semblence to a tv) is not working (Blue Screen of Death) so I entertained her instead of Veggie Tales. That's the only way I get my devotions done when she's up.
We'll, I gave her a bath before school and the girls arrived as we finished.
We did school, then had some impromptu outside time. It was gorgeous out, and we enjoyed a little tennis. Two of them played and the rest of us watched.
They left after I got them to help clean the house a little.
Me and the babe took a nap, now we're up and outside. I have water working on a boil for left over spaghetti for supper. My mom just called and hubby will be home soon. I'll chit chat another day!

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#9 of 167 Old 05-03-2014, 03:59 AM

Everyone has been super busy!  Spiderpig, how did your cooking go?  And Kitchensqueen- UGH on the two depts!  I hope you are able to find small pockets of sanity these next few months.  

Yesterday:

Worked for couple hours

Scooped cat box, put away my laundry

Checked girls out of school and took everyone to the dentist (no cavities!!)

Took them all out to lunch 

Dropped the girls back off at school

Canceled my gym membership (that was a tough sell not to quit and I will miss the gym but I haven't had time to go)

Took son to Target and got some essentials- shampoo, cat litter, etc.  Son bought himself an itunes card and headphones.

Came home and studied until the girls got home from school

I finally did KenpoX- I couldn't do it the day before.  I took the kids to the playground instead (walked 5 miles total)

Ran 1.5 miles with husband and son (that was tough on my achilles)

Stretched a TON when I got home and iced my achilles for a while

Made dinner

Designed a budget with husband.

Joined kids to finish their movie with them.

I went to bed shortly after they did.  Lots of lax games today and I have to write a paper.  Busy!

Married, college student, part time work from home mom to DS (12), DD1 (10) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and two rats.
#10 of 167 Old 05-03-2014, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderpig View Post

Shopping bill: £1,071.37   O____O

Wow.  I had to translate that to dollars and it translates to 1800 bucks, thereabouts!  Caviar and truffles?  ;)  How many people are coming?

#11 of 167 Old 05-03-2014, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix View Post

Wow.  I had to translate that to dollars and it translates to 1800 bucks, thereabouts!  Caviar and truffles?  ;)  How many people are coming?

This evening, 80. If you visit My Book of Days in Personal Growth you will see why.

The caviar and truffles (white of course) have been paid for already by the senior aunt, leaving us girls to rummage around for groceries for family use inc cleaning stuff, and additional cans of this and that, but not meat as we rear for personal consumption. I'll go find one of the grocery receips sometime and in the frugal forum post up a typical fortnightly shop. We live in a petrol-driven society where grocery prices, even the price of of a common 400g loaf of bread is ramped up. The cost of living in the UK is dreadful.This is why I plan to return to Portugal where everything is so much cheaper. I have a little house in the district of Lisbon, and can't wait to go live there one day very soon.

#12 of 167 Old 05-03-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:

This evening, 80. If you visit My Book of Days in Personal Growth you will see why.

The caviar and truffles (white of course) have been paid for already by the senior aunt, leaving us girls to rummage around for groceries for family use inc cleaning stuff, and additional cans of this and that, but not meat as we rear for personal consumption. I'll go find one of the grocery receips sometime and in the frugal forum post up a typical fortnightly shop. We live in a petrol-driven society where grocery prices, even the price of of a common 400g loaf of bread is ramped up. The cost of living in the UK is dreadful.This is why I plan to return to Portugal where everything is so much cheaper. I have a little house in the district of Lisbon, and can't wait to go live there one day very soon.

ooo, I'll have to check out the frugal forum.  I was once on a list about what people bought at the store.  I'm always sneaking peaks at other people's shopping carts!  lol

#13 of 167 Old 05-03-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:

ooo, I'll have to check out the frugal forum.  I was once on a list about what people bought at the store.  I'm always sneaking peaks at other people's shopping carts!  lol

I've just been checking your oil prices per US Imperial gallon of petrol. It seems you guys are paying approx $3.08 gallon at the pump whereas we Brits are shelling out nearly £7, and our UK Imperial gallon is voluably smaller. In the April budget, the UK government announced a freeze on fuel duty, whereas the oil producers in Kuwait and the US have just jacked up theirs. No wonder your retail grocery prices are way lower. You must be laughing all the way to the pump.

#14 of 167 Old 05-03-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKoehn View Post

I just groaned out loud for your work situation. Oy vey!

Quote:

And Kitchensqueen- UGH on the two depts!  I hope you are able to find small pockets of sanity these next few months.  

Thanks... I've known it was coming for awhile, but yeah. Going to be a bit of long summer as far as work is concerned. On the other hand, this presumably means I have some measure of job security. :-) I only have to keep 50 people functioning and out of trouble... every single day, without fail. How hard could it be? (Insert rueful/slightly insane laugh here).

Typical running around Saturday here. Husband is working a day shift today so we've got the car and he'll be home for dinner. 

- Dropped husband off at work. 

- Went to Hobby Lobby. I wanted to pick up some printable oval labels for my home made cleaning supplies, and to do a bit of organizing. Used a 40% off coupon so got them at a fairly decent price. Also looked for plain reed diffusers so I can make my own lavender essential oil relaxation scent thingy (for my desk at work, no less!) but they didn't have any. Also found a few paracord bracelets at a good price to add to our camping gear. 

- Went to Michaels to see if they had plain reed diffusers, and they didn't either. Guess I'll have to order them online. I did find a red checked tablecloth for camping and outdoor dining, and since I had another 40% off coupon, I picked it up. Only $3.50!

- Stopped at Dollar Tree for a set of large salt and pepper shakers. They have oddly large holes, but I thought they would be perfect for baking soda. One for the fridge to deodorize, and the other for my cleaning kit, for when I need to sprinkle baking soda on stuff, like when I'm cleaning the carpet. Like on a daily basis, since I have a toddler. Also found a small metal serving spoon for our camping gear. 

- Went to Target for groceries. We only needed a few things this week, so I was excited to get out of there at $65! Disappointingly, no good clearance finds. Probably just as well! Though I did find telescoping marshmallows forks in the One Spot, for our camping gear. 

- Came home and got us lunch. 

- Put away the groceries. 

- Put away the camping gear stuff. 

- Reorganized the food cupboard and threw away a bunch of expired cookies and junk my MIL brought on her last visit. Do not bring me expired food!!!

- Played trains with Little Man for awhile. 

- Put Little Man down for a nap. 

- Put chicken in the crockpot for dinner. 

Now... well, I need to clean the kitchen and bathroom, tidy up the pantry and linen closet, mix up some more all purpose spray, write some blog posts... but a nap sounds so nice too! So we'll see how far I get. When Little Man wakes up we're definitely going to go play outside for awhile, provided the weather holds. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#15 of 167 Old 05-03-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:

I've just been checking your oil prices per US Imperial gallon of petrol. It seems you guys are paying approx $3.08 gallon at the pump whereas we Brits are shelling out nearly £7, and our UK Imperial gallon is voluably smaller. In the April budget, the UK government announced a freeze on fuel duty, whereas the oil producers in Kuwait and the US have just jacked up theirs. No wonder your retail grocery prices are way lower. You must be laughing all the way to the pump.

In my area gas is around 3.89 a gallon today.  But yes, compared to you guys, ours is comparatively cheap!  And, if I use my grocery store card, it gets me money off the price of gas.  I feel like everything is artificially high because every one has grocery store cards, etc to make things "lower priced".  heh

#16 of 167 Old 05-03-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:

In my area gas is around 3.89 a gallon today.  But yes, compared to you guys, ours is comparatively cheap!  And, if I use my grocery store card, it gets me money off the price of gas.  I feel like everything is artificially high because every one has grocery store cards, etc to make things "lower priced".  heh

So far Accomplished will follow shortly. :)

I haven't a store card from Sainsbury's, but they give coupons worth 10p per litre off petrol on a £60 spend and over. That gave me £4 off a nearly a full tank at the pump. I have a Nectar Card: http://www.nectar.com/NectarHome.nectar which I present when spending at Nectar approved stores, so next month I should receive about £70 free to spend on whatever I like. I also use the Nectar card every time we fill up. Supermarket cards can also be used to pay for groceries, but the downside is the very high interest rate %. If a shopper doesn't pay it off, interest is added onto next month's spend. IMO, store cards are downright evil, irrespective of so-called "lower price". Thats why I always pay cash whenever poss.

Tonight's Accomplishments made me feel good: 

- Served canapes to the cackling masses, then returned to the kitchen to whip the caterers to set out more. Lazy bunch were smoking! Had unminced words.

- Was pleased to see Rachel float in looking great from her nano treatment in Lucerne. Got cheeks kissed both sides and received her admiring remark at my form fitting Paul Smith silk dress. Went away feeling 10 miles high. :bgbounce

- I managed to hold my ire against a sarcastic, whinneying footballer's wife whose voice could cut ice. She eyed me evilly when later after the party had died down, I took Juniper to my breast, whereupon I maintained a dignified silence amid gawping partygoers. Hello? Haven't people ever seen a woman weaning her young for fr***s sake? Seems not in our neck of the woods.

- Juniper stole the show. After I wiped her mouth, she looked across the room and spotted a bratty boy swinging her teddybear round and round by its ear. Furious, she marched across the room, grabbed her bear and whacked the boy in the mouth. YAAY! I laughed out loud. Never mess with a Tsarev! Well done Juni - that's my girl! "Like daughter like mother" came Rachel's acerbic reply, but she gave me such a brilliant smile.

#17 of 167 Old 05-03-2014, 04:42 PM

Happy May, everyone!

Did get to a yoga introduction yesterday, really liked it and will start going to sessions this coming week.  Also started hauling out the Brio train pieces, emptied their huge corrugated packing box and squirreled it right down to DS1's room for his move. 

Today I picked up some sticks in the yard -- thought of you, CatholicMama! -- started a crock pot dinner, took my mother to Mass, got groceries at the natural food co-op, then dropped mother at home.  Then ran out briefly with DH for a wireless router and a yoga mat.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#18 of 167 Old 05-04-2014, 07:15 AM

Awesome, Maria!  I hope you find yoga relaxing and helpful to you.  :)

Spiderpig, it sounds like the party was a success!

It has been busy:

Worked for an hour

DD2 to field hockey practice

DD2 to lax game (they one 13-2! wow)

Home for lunch

Took nonobadbordercollie for a walk

Friends over for the afternoon and a cookout.

omg... their son had an allergic reaction to peanuts (first time having it at our house!  He's 4).  Off to the urgent care for them.

We just hung out.  Kids had friends over and it was a gorgeous day.  

Friends' son turned out to be okay, they gave him epi stuff and monitored him.  He was okay so they came back over.

We grilled out and chatted and read poems to each other and played Pandemic, a cooperative game.  

They left late.

We set the kids and their friends up in the camper in the driveway and they slept there with the newfie to watch them.

This morning I have worked a bit and need to get a paper written.  Our friends are also looking at apartments in our area so we may go look at apartments with them.  It's GORGEOUS out today.  DD2 also has another lax game this afternoon.  

#19 of 167 Old 05-04-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMadly View Post

Happy May, everyone!

Did get to a yoga introduction yesterday, really liked it and will start going to sessions this coming week.  

Glad you're going to start it - I hope you like it! 

Kind of a lazy Sunday here. Husband let me sleep in this morning, so that was nice. After I got up - 

- Read books with Little Man. 

- Put beans to soak for dinner. 

- Pulled bacon out of the freezer to defrost. 

- Made half-home made bread for breakfast. 

So much to do today around the house though. We were planning an afternoon at the park, but it's back to being freezing cold again... so we'll probably have an indoor day. On the plan for the afternoon - 

- Do a load of laundry. 

- Mix up some more all-purpose cleaner. 

- Clean the stove and kitchen. 

- Clean the bathroom. 

- Bake something for breakfasts this week. 

- Organize my coupons. 

- Print some labels to organize things in the pantry and linen closet. 

And that should be enough... I wish husband didn't have to work today, but oh well. 

#20 of 167 Old 05-04-2014, 10:25 AM

Not a lot accomplished today. Shared dinner prep with sassy sisters chit-chatting away about their latest boy/girlfriends, music and can-I-have-some-money for going to the town's holiday fair tomorrow? Which I gave to on the promise they return my bag of Cadbury's chocolate buttons intact. Some hoppe, but I'll still give them a twenty each on the other promise they bring me back some yummy candyfloss.

Early evening while piggy's doing in the oven I've been reading/playing Candycrush on my Kindle with Juni catching up fast. lol she's a bright one!

Tonight after dins we're watching a dvd movie. The jury is still out on what.

#21 of 167 Old 05-04-2014, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

k, so it's 3:00 pm, Jojo and I got back from a hike at 12, and I started some water running for me to wash a load of laundry with (yes, that's right, I hand wash my laundry), then I washed the clothes, hung them out to dry, and  at 1 loaded J into the car and drove to Superstore, were I got some new facecloths (for changing J), then we went to the farmers market, were I got some veggies, eggs, organic milk, flour, and other good things. by then it was 2:30, so we headed back home, and I started supper (pizza!), so that it would be ready when hubby came home. after pizza dough was ready it was 2:45, so I vacuumed and dusted until 3 (now) when I wrote this. whew!

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (20 months), 8 months pregnant with DD 2 , planning another homebirth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.
#22 of 167 Old 05-04-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturemama23 View Post

k, so it's 3:00 pm, Jojo and I got back from a hike at 12, and I started some water running for me to wash a load of laundry with (yes, that's right, I hand wash my laundry), then I washed the clothes, hung them out to dry, and  at 1 loaded J into the car and drove to Superstore, were I got some new facecloths (for changing J), then we went to the farmers market, were I got some veggies, eggs, organic milk, flour, and other good things. by then it was 2:30, so we headed back home, and I started supper (pizza!), so that it would be ready when hubby came home. after pizza dough was ready it was 2:45, so I vacuumed and dusted until 3 (now) when I wrote this. whew!

I'm intrigued.  Why do you hand wash your laundry?  My friend did that when she lived overseas for a while, but I can't saw she enjoyed it!  :)

#23 of 167 Old 05-04-2014, 12:01 PM

@ meomix: I've always liked not having a washing machine - hand washing uses much less electricity.

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (20 months), 8 months pregnant with DD 2 , planning another homebirth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.
#24 of 167 Old 05-04-2014, 06:36 PM

Naturemama - do you have one of the manual washing "machines" or are you literally doing it all by hand? I've been really intrigued with the idea of using a laundry plunger and bucket, but my husband is the stay-at-home partner and does most of the laundry, so I'm not sure he'd go in for it. Though I would love to stop paying for coin-op laundry at our apartment - $2 per load! 

It never really warmed up this afternoon, so we ended up staying in. Watched the Hawks game, played trains and cars and did a bit of reading with Little Man. Practiced counting as well and he's doing really well counting in sequence. In between play, got a few things off the list done today - 

- Washed and dried two loads of laundry (though it's all piled up on our bed waiting to be folded...). Used our home made laundry detergent and loved it. We're going to save so much money! 

- Mixed up a new batch of lemon all purpose cleaning spray. 

- Cleaned the bathroom with the spray - so sparkly and lemony! 

- Picked up the house. 

- Organized the coupon binder a bit - pulled expired coupons to send to Coups for Troops and clipped all the print outs. Still need to organize it properly. 

- Added items to my Target Cartwheel to prepare for grocery shopping later this week. 

- Watered the seedlings and picked over the dead plants - we've lost half the peas at this point. 

- Made dinner. 

- Packed my lunch for tomorrow. 

ETA - also wrote two blogs posts and paid all of the bills. Now if I know what's good for me, I'll go to bed!

#25 of 167 Old 05-04-2014, 11:21 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Sat was secondhand shopping day. I spent the morning yardsaling with family. It wasnt as amazing a haul as some weeks past but some scores included a bag full of clothes for my dd to wear this fall and summer for a dollar, and a papasan chair frame for five dollars. I came home, made a breakfast casserole, and the family and I hit the library half hr away. After loading ourselves up with books and a couple leap frog dvds for the kids we went out to luck and over to goodwill. I was able to score a nip hair straightener, a new lamp and shade, some books and movies. Then home for a bit of laundry and housekeeping before I fell into bed for twelve hours (I got two hrs sleep sat).

Today was much more easy going. I caught up on some housekeeping, ran three loads of laundry, and dropped off a box to our local mission. We went to my parents for a visit. They bought a trampoline for their backyard so that was family fun. Then home to bbq. Now were hoping for a movie and popcorn evening!
#26 of 167 Old 05-05-2014, 02:54 AM

Not a lot so far. Breakfasted with family and then took Juni to see Nancy, our pet goat who is very placid.

Later met Iona in our greenhouse where she's propagating chrysanthemum and zinnia cuttings. It's lovely and warm in there. As to what the rest of the day will bring, I've no idea. But our bank holiday weekend weather, so far, has been brilliant!  :thumb

#27 of 167 Old 05-05-2014, 05:48 AM

Lost track of DH's calendar and didn't realize he had to work yesterday until late Saturday.  Got to some more of my backlog:

- put all the Brio train pieces into cabinet drawers

- started to attack the next very-large-box in the attic

- set aside puzzles for donation; my mother asked me to take them by the rehab center where she was last summer for their rec room

- made DH some work lunches

- a bit of French on Duolingo

- PT stretches

- talked recipes and meal planning with DS1

- started organizing info on driver ed classes for DS2; he's home this summer and thinking about it

- neighbor's horse had started to colic last week, so I kept an eye on him while they went out of town for a bit

- made dinner with DH

- built DS2's care package

- watched The Wire

Trying to get the morning going; heading out to post office and grocery store.

#28 of 167 Old 05-05-2014, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturemama23 View Post

@ meomix: I've always liked not having a washing machine - hand washing uses much less electricity.

I remember when our dryer finally gave it up years ago, I told DH I absolutely didn't want another one.  Between the space, initial cost, and operating expenses plus high energy use, it just wasn't worth it.  Am very interested in your hand washing method!

#29 of 167 Old 05-05-2014, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Yesterday was a full day. I took my four children to Mass by myself and had to take my four-year-old son outside four times because he kept making noise, so I missed most of the sermon about parenting. After Mass I bought "Glories of Mary" by Saint Alphonsus Liguori in the bookstore to read for Mary, the month of Our Lady; received "Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary" which I had already paid for, and which looks complicated to pray - I hope I can figure it out; and bought "Catholic Girls Guide" for my 8-year-old daughter who read the first chapter on the way home as we finished the rosary.

When we came home my friend had fixed the link for proofreading her Catholic newspaper, so I finished proofreading that (had started and read to about halfway before it was time to leave for Mass). I love when I can proofread all 16 pages in one day.

After lunch and before dark I walked 4 miles around our yard, which is 16 laps around. That sort of made up for staying inside Friday and Saturday while it rained. However I ate too much so I still weighed more than I would have liked and had to change to a looser skirt. While I walked I saw people picking blueberries in the blueberry patch three or four doors down.

I finished a letter to a friend in Nebraska and put it in the mailbox.

I read enough of "Liberalism is a Sin" that I could have gone to the book study chat, but by the time we were finally online again, it was too late for me to join. That was at the time I wanted to get ready for bed anyway.

This morning I've showered, prayed, walked a mile, and eaten breakfast. I hope to walk at least one more mile and pick up sticks for a good long while along with some homeschooling and a little cleaning, and when my husband wakes up we will talk to him about going to the blueberry patch. Watching my children in our house or yard is different from watching them in a blueberry patch and I'd like him to come with us; when we went there in previous years his parents went to so it was one adult per child.

May God bless you and His Blessed Mother Mary keep you!  :-)

#30 of 167 Old 05-05-2014, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

Naturemama - do you have one of the manual washing "machines" or are you literally doing it all by hand? I've been really intrigued with the idea of using a laundry plunger and bucket, but my husband is the stay-at-home partner and does most of the laundry, so I'm not sure he'd go in for it. Though I would love to stop paying for coin-op laundry at our apartment - $2 per load! 

nope- I'm doing it all by hand in my bathroom sink (it's clean, of course).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page