June 2014: What did you accomplish today? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

#31 of 135 Old 06-10-2014, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Still trying to wrest our home from all the paper we've accumulated, among other things:

- shot DS1 a quick email about a bank transaction question he had
- made scones for DS2
- dropped mother at an appointment
- went to yoga (just once a week but love love love it, and it's helping so much)
- got mother and brought us home
- woke DS2, with fresh-baked scones
- plowed through more old attic papers, consigned them to the recycling heap
- same with old magazines
- reheated some lunch for DS2

Now maybe getting rid of a couple more magazines, and we might pop out to the bookstore or something.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#32 of 135 Old 06-10-2014, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Maria- it seems funny to go to the book store after purging so much reading material. I know it's not the same thing but still kind of funny!

Today I...
*Worked for a couple hours
*Assigned son some stuff to do
*Made yogurt (which reminds me, I need to check it! Glad I like it tangy!) It turned out!!! It is so well set and tastes YUMMY. Can't wait til tomorrow morning!
*Cleaned off the back deck, which was a junk heap of husband's pallet furniture project and just STUFF. Enlisted son's help and he did poop patrol.
*Ate lunch
*Played a game with son.
*Walked nonobadbordercollie
*Did P90X Plus and sweat a ton
*Stretched thoroughly and iced my Achilles for a bit
*Greeted the girlies
*Took the kids to the library to return books and get some (even I got some! YAY!)
*Husband called because, guess what, his return flight was delayed. He was MAD and called the airline and had them book him on another airline. He is currently on a plane and in a line of, seriously, 40 other planes, waiting to take off. Poor husband.
*Now I plan on working a bit more and then going to go pick him up at the airport. He offered to use Uber, but he sounded like he really wanted to see us. So we'll head into DC to pick him up. Wish me luck I don't get lost.

Married, part time work from home mom to DS (13 and homeschooling), DD1 (11) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and a cute rat.

Last edited by meowmix; 06-10-2014 at 05:07 PM. Reason: nomnomnom yogurt turned out!
#33 of 135 Old 06-10-2014, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix View Post
Maria- it seems funny to go to the book store after purging so much reading material. I know it's not the same thing but still kind of funny!

*Husband called because, guess what, his return flight was delayed. He was MAD and called the airline and had them book him on another airline. He is currently on a plane and in a line of, seriously, 40 other planes, waiting to take off. Poor husband.
*Now I plan on working a bit more and then going to go pick him up at the airport. He offered to use Uber, but he sounded like he really wanted to see us. So we'll head into DC to pick him up. Wish me luck I don't get lost.
So true about the bookstore, I would have had a really hard time bringing anything new into the house! The trip was more an airing for DS2 than anything else, neither of us found anything thank goodness.

Your poor DH; some trips just get swatted with the haha stick. Fingers crossed for safe and uneventful travels for all of you. And congratulations on your yogurt!

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#34 of 135 Old 06-10-2014, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post
Thanks - it was awesome, while it lasted. But the terribleness of that place in sharp contrast to how incredible life should be puts my direction in clear focus. I know what I need to do to fix it.

After The Place That Shall Not Be Named, a nice night thus far -

- Went by the garden and did a bit of weeding.
- Spent some time with Little Man.
- Made dinner.
- Tidied the house.
- Sorted the mail.
- Set aside some items to donate to the food pantry.
- Did some job hunting and organized some documents to polish up my resume.

Now I'm getting ready to eat some dinner and maybe watch a movie with husband. No work for me tonight!
Are you finding anything promising for a future happier work life? Wishing you luck!

#35 of 135 Old 06-10-2014, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Ive been gone for a couple days getting used to the new format.

We had a nice staycation of sorts this weekend. Went to a friends bbq, visited the zoo, and did some shopping and dinner out. Today hubby cooked up a big batch of rice for meals through the week. Ive caught up on housework, did a couple loads of laundry, did some reorganizing, played referee, and made a yummy chicken broccoli rice casserole.
#36 of 135 Old 06-11-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhats View Post
Ive been gone for a couple days getting used to the new format.

We had a nice staycation of sorts this weekend. Went to a friends bbq, visited the zoo, and did some shopping and dinner out. Today hubby cooked up a big batch of rice for meals through the week. Ive caught up on housework, did a couple loads of laundry, did some reorganizing, played referee, and made a yummy chicken broccoli rice casserole.
Those are some of the best kinds of weekends, aren't they? You get a little bit of stuff done and mix it in with some fun and then start the week all refreshed!

So far today I ate some of my yummy yogurt for breakfast. The girls liked it, too.
*Took nonobadbordercollie for a walk with my friend, where she was truly living up to her nickname. She barked at everyone we passed (which usually scares people) and then tried to say hello to every dog we passed (which was quite a few that early!). Back to talking her in the afternoon when there aren't so many things for miss hyperness to bark at.
*Played Diablo with son
*He and I made cookies
*I vacuumed the living level and upstairs while he tidied his room
*Ran out to the store and got a basketball and soccer ball. His friends are coming over soon and we needed them anyway.
*Tasted the cooled cookies and they were DRY, soft and not very sweet (we made Toll House bars but I used a different recipe.). Son suggested we ice them. So I whipped up a buttercream and gave them a thin layer of icing. Much better!
*Ate lunch.
*Now I am on the hunt for a basketball pump from various friends. We discovered the basketball needs some air and I can't find our pump anywhere.

Soon son's friends will be here and I will probably work. At 3, if it's not raining, we'll hit the pool. They will go home before dinner. I don't know what I am making for dinner. Hm.

Married, part time work from home mom to DS (13 and homeschooling), DD1 (11) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and a cute rat.
#37 of 135 Old 06-11-2014, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Feel as though I'm running in place here:

- washed a load of laundry and hung it outside
- got groceries . . . $340, we ran out of a lot all at the same time
- picked up some moving boxes for DS1
- picked up dry cleaning
- home, put away our embarrassment of riches
- texted DH asking if he could pick up the rest of the boxes (wouldn't fit in my car)
- put DS2's scones in the oven

More purging this afternoon, I hope. Hurt my back the other day, so definitely doing PT. Want to haul recycling out to car but think that may have to wait. :-( Will take down and fold the laundry, mash some potatoes for DS2's dinner (DH is handling BBQ), and whine on the couch.

#38 of 135 Old 06-11-2014, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamadly View Post
- went to yoga (just once a week but love love love it, and it's helping so much)
Glad to hear it's helping! Yoga is seriously awesome.

Quote:
Are you finding anything promising for a future happier work life? Wishing you luck!
Well, I sent my resume in for 9 things last night, but tonight I didn't find anything worth applying for. The trick is getting a call for an interview... nothing yet on that front.

I kind of had an epic meltdown at work yesterday (behind closed doors in limited company, thank god) so I'm working from home the rest of the week to try to get refocused... so after all that today -

- Dinner with the boys.
- Looked for jobs.
- Went to yoga.
- Putzed around online.

Now husband and I are going to watch Eastbound & Down and head to bed fairly early.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#39 of 135 Old 06-12-2014, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Well, I sent my resume in for 9 things last night, but tonight I didn't find anything worth applying for. The trick is getting a call for an interview... nothing yet on that front.

I kind of had an epic meltdown at work yesterday (behind closed doors in limited company, thank god) so I'm working from home the rest of the week to try to get refocused... so after all that today -
Wow. Sounds like your job is really awful. I hope you can find something soon. No one in your network who could kind of get you an interview somewhere? Or moving to another dept within the organization? Hope you are able to get out of there before you lose your sanity.

The rest of my day included working while son played with his friends.
Doing P90X Plus.
REading a bit of my book
Cooking breakfast for dinner
Being frustrated with my dogs ALL.DAY.LONG.
Going to bed

My dogs.. both of them but my newfie in particular, have decided the backyard is the WORST THING EVER. My newfie has always hated going outside (I always joke with my husband that he's our 30 year old who lives in his parents' basement and plays video game all day). Like, he'll pee and eat outside but then immediately wants to come in and barks and flings himself at the back door to make his wishes well known to the neighborhood. My border collie will chill outside by herself for hours. So my border collie won't pee in the yard, she wants to pee on the deck. My newfie just doesn't want to pee anywhere or eat anywhere that constitutes the outdoors. Try bullying 120lbs of dog down the stairs, off the deck and into the yard. Stairs aren't the issue, he navigates them just fine when he wants to. He has weird phobias and always has and right now his phobia is of our yard. I don't know if a bug bit him out there or what. So right now I am leashing them individually and walking them into the backyard and praising them copiously when they pee there. It's a PAIN! My newfie was taught to pee onleash so he got it quickly. My border collie has not yet peed this morning because she hasn't had the opportunity to pee on the deck and she doesn't know what I want when I take her into the yard on leash. I'm trying to teach her "Go potty!" but it hasn't worked yet. *sigh* There really is almost nothing cuter than a floofy dog with semi floppy ears standing in front of you, looking stricken, with her paw up and ears back. She looks SO HUMBLE when I take her into the yard. Like "Mommy, WHY are you making me pee out here? It's so dirty!" And I'll look at her and say "Go potty!" all happy-like and she'll keep her tail low and wag it so she looks even MORE humble like she wants to please me, but she has no clue when I want. My newfie is like the opposite of her- where she is soft and humble and sensitive, he is stubborn and hardheaded and dense.

Last edited by meowmix; 06-12-2014 at 05:03 AM. Reason: my dog is so humble.
#40 of 135 Old 06-12-2014, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Glad to hear it's helping! Yoga is seriously awesome.

- Dinner with the boys.
- Looked for jobs.
- Went to yoga.
- Putzed around online.

Now husband and I are going to watch Eastbound & Down and head to bed fairly early.
I really hope you find something soon, that sounds unsustainable.

Quote:

Being frustrated with my dogs ALL.DAY.LONG.
You have my sympathies! They can really screw you to the ceiling, can't they?

Hard slog today. What's that thing with PMS but also after your period? Way fun.

- picked up a prescription and a couple other little things for my mother
- heaved quite a few cubic feet of old papers and magazines away at the dump
- swung a box by UPS Store for a return DH needed made
- folded a load of laundry and put it away
- plowed through and tidied many linear feet of DH's work papers
- purged more old papers; these have identifying info so are going to the burn pile rather than recycling

Hanging out and reading tonight, cooking for DS2 (my mother made dinner for DH and me).

#41 of 135 Old 06-12-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Wow. Sounds like your job is really awful. I hope you can find something soon. No one in your network who could kind of get you an interview somewhere? Or moving to another dept within the organization? Hope you are able to get out of there before you lose your sanity.
Quote:
I really hope you find something soon, that sounds unsustainable.
Thanks... I've put the words out to friends and family that I'm on the market, but most of them think I'm crazy to be looking since I have a job that pays well and has good benefits. They don't understand that there's more to life than the money...

Today after work -

- Spent time with Little Man.
- Went to Target for a printer cartridge and few perishable groceries.
- Had dinner.
- Did the bedtime routine with Little Man.
- Watched a show with husband.
- Browsed for jobs (nothing worth applying for).
- Printed some coupons.

Think I'm going to head to bed with a book soon.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#42 of 135 Old 06-13-2014, 05:01 AM

Yesterday!
*Played Diablo with son for a bit
*Went to my Rheumatology appt. I secured myself an RX for an MRI! YAY! And an RX to see a hand doctor. And an RX for physical therapy for my neck. And an RX for more meds. I'm a wreck. heh. You'd never know it by looking at me, though.
*Came home and worked for a bit
*Took son to buy new dog food and to the grocery store
*Made chicken and the rice for dinner
*Read my book on the couch while son read his for a while
*Wrote out the next few months of homeschooling lessons
*Girls home AND husband home early!
*Went to the basketball hoop by our house and played basketball for a bit
*Finished making dinner
*Read some more
*Ate dinner with girls (son and husband went to son's DJ lesson)
*The girls watched a show while I kind of watched, mostly read my book
*Son and husband home. Fed them dinner
*Started a new novel with the girls.
*Tucked them in, watched 24 with husband, went to bed!

We've decided the dogs do not like our muddy backyard (it's been raining and there is no grass there... too shady). I'm wondering if we need to put in a gravel area for them to go to the bathroom.

#43 of 135 Old 06-13-2014, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

^^^ Don't know about gravel, but I do know DH had to plow a bathroom for our girl every winter, she wouldn't break a path through the snow. Working breed. Like me:

- made oatmeal for DS2
- took a thumb drive to FedEx and got some printing done for DH's class
- picked up meds for my mother
- got groceries at natural food co-op
- made a dues-and-donations deposit for group whose treasurer I am
- at home; recorded all the money doings
- tried to pay our cell phone bill online, but it shows a zero balance even though my "bill is ready" and won't let me
- purged and organized a little more in attic; found a nice bulky blanket to donate
- did PT
- made DS1 and his girlfriend pop tarts
- heated up DS2's lunch
- started dough for pumpkin garlic knots, it's rising now

This evening I'll make the knots, reheat some of our tons of food for dinner, and try to get down early. We're driving to see DS1 and his girlfriend tomorrow morning, it's about ninety minutes one way.

#44 of 135 Old 06-13-2014, 04:42 PM

Fairly nice day here after The Place -

- Tidied the house.
- Sorted through the mail and browsed a magazine.
- Spent about an hour outside with the boys blowing bubbles and hanging out in the nice weather.
- Started dinner.
- Looked for jobs - nothing worth applying for... hoping I have better luck over the weekend when I have more time to look.

Tonight - nothing special. Maybe watch a show with husband if we can find something interesting, and early to bed with my book.

#45 of 135 Old 06-14-2014, 03:15 PM

Pretty nice Saturday here -

- Dropped husband off at work for a day shift.
- Stopped at Goodwill to drop off a few boxes of outgrown clothes and toys.
- Browsed Goodwill and got a book for Little Man and a couple of sheets of kraft paper stickers for me for under $2.
- Went to the garden to check on the plants, and installed stakes for the tomatoes and peppers.
- Stopped at Target for a Father's Day card and practically-free frozen veggies (Bird's Eye for $0.02 each with my $1 off coupons).
- Came home and made lunch for Little Man and I.
- Put Little Man down for a nap and had a nap too.
- Cleaned the kitchen and stove.
- Helped Little Man decorate his Father's Day card for Daddy.

Getting ready to pick up husband and we're going to go to a carnival for about an hour and then come home for dinner.

#46 of 135 Old 06-14-2014, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Hectic here, but got to delegate a bit:

- up and down to DS1's early
- dropped off cardboard moving boxes -- for their future packing accomplishments!
- swapped coffee tables with them
- and packed DS1's bike into the back of the car, new place won't have room for it
- home and fixed DS2 some food
- gave mother a ride to church
- stopped by the library
- home, made some dinner

DH is heading down to the WDC area for a week for some classes, so I'm helping him pack with my folding-fu. Just another Saturday night.

#47 of 135 Old 06-15-2014, 11:33 AM

Last night after husband got off work we went to a carnival and had so much fun! Though it was not cheap - most rides were $4 each, games were $3 and a funnel cake cost us $6!!! We dropped about $40 for an hour and a half - not cheap at all, but for a once-a-summer experience, worth it.

Today, we had a nice Father's Day before husband had to go to work.

- Everyone slept in, including Little Man.
- Made a chocolate croissant ring for breakfast, per husband's request.
- Little Man gave husband his card and Father's Day gift.
- Watched the Cars movie as a family and played "Radiator Springs" with the Hot Wheels town.
- Ran out and picked up a prescription I had to get today; also grabbed 4 bags of frozen peas at Target for $0.17 with my coupons!
- Squeezed a discount bag of limes I picked up last week for $1 and froze the juice in an ice cube tray.
- Started the dishwasher.
- Put up the 4th of July decorations, with Little Man's help.
- Made lunch for Little Man.
- Put Little Man down for a nap.
- Tidied up the coat hooks by putting away a bunch of hoodies and bags in the coat closet.
- Browsed some real estate online.

Now husband is at work, Little Man is napping and I'm taking 10 minutes to sit down and finish my cup of tea from this morning. Still have a few things I'd like to do this afternoon -

- Clean the bathroom.
- Scope out shopping deals for my coupons.
- Look for jobs.
- Stain another piece of wood for my key ring project.
- Water the plants.
- Bake some oatmeal breakfast cookies.

#48 of 135 Old 06-15-2014, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

^^^ I need to clean my bathroom, too!

Travel day for DH, so not our typical Sunday:

- up and out to drop him at bus station
- home for breakfast
- washed and hung a load of laundry outside
- putzed around with our money online
- mowed lawn, with several breaks; can't wait to have goats
- emailed back and forth with DS1
- had a very late lunch
- woke DS2 from his nap and fed him
- started reading one of Suze Orman's books, weird to be retirement planning

Still want to:

- fold and put away the laundry
- sous-chef while DS2 bakes shortbread for his girlfriend
- read some more
- probably chat with DH

#49 of 135 Old 06-15-2014, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi, and welcome! Sounds like a great morning and afternoon. How old are your LO's?

Allie is 5, Kay is 3, and Rosa is 5 months.

Mellissa, married to DP , proud lesbian mama to 3 jelly babies: DD #1 (5) DD #2 (3) and DD #3 (8 mos) and ?? #4 6 mos
#50 of 135 Old 06-16-2014, 06:55 AM

Wow. Didn't get a chance to get on this weekend. It's been a nice weekend.

Saturday I worked a bit, read my book a lot, walked the badbordercollie, and fell asleep a tiny bit. DD1 had a going away party to go to for a friend and DD2 went to King's Dominion with her Brownie troop so son, husband and I went out to dinner and then watched The Matrix, which I had promised him we would see when his sisters were not home. DD2 did not get home until 1am. omg, I was tired! She had a BLAST, though!

Sunday I ran to the store with DD1 to get supplies to make Father's Day breakfast. Taught son and DD1 how to make french toast.
*Cleaned the litter box and added new litter
*Helped husband clean out the camper
*Started laundry
*We all went to the pool and the kids played and went swimming and I read my book (I kind of hate swimming in public pools. ick)
*Came home and nonobadbordercollie got out the back gate TWICE. The second time she ran to my friend's house to visit. lol
*Friends came over and we all decided to go out to eat.
*Went out to eat and then up to the roof of their apartment complex to watch the sunset
*It was late again, so came home and tucked the kids in.
*Husband and I watched some documentary on tiny houses and then crashed.

We're all dragging a little bit today. Son just got up. Girls woke late and were dragging a bit, too. This is the last full week of school for them!

#51 of 135 Old 06-16-2014, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3jellybabies View Post
Allie is 5, Kay is 3, and Rosa is 5 months.
Such fun ages. :-) My two are three years apart, and I don't think they *ever* went down at the same time during the day.

So today was fill-the-car / empty-the-car:

- filled the car with donations, moving boxes, and a care package
- post office to mail the care package
- Goodwill to drop off donations
- U-Haul to return unused boxes
- home for breakfast
- washed new manual meat grinder so my mother could make kielbasa
- texted / emailed between a few people about a horse needing adoption around here
- explained to my husband's colleague that a gelding is not a "she"
- hand-trimmed the grass around the house
- little bitty steps in the attic: purging old letters now, one sheet of paper at a time
- failed at troubleshooting the meat grinder -- did I mention the word "new" a couple lines up?
- went out and bought an electric meat grinder -- we had ten pounds of raw pork needing to be ground
- washed and set it up
- cleaned up both grinders and all the bowls, etc., that went along for the ride
- paid bills online
- emailed the company that made the manual grinder
- heated some food for DS2

Very surreal day today. I think I'm out of sorts because DH is gone. Well, that's embarrassing.

Last edited by mariamadly; 06-16-2014 at 03:24 PM. Reason: did things
#52 of 135 Old 06-16-2014, 07:12 PM

Little Man was up half the time with a stomach ache, so today has been the longest day ever. After work -

- Stopped at Target for more practically free frozen veg with coupons.
- Made dinner.
- Searched for jobs.
- Laid out clothes for work tomorrow.

Now to bed!

#53 of 135 Old 06-16-2014, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Little Man was up half the time with a stomach ache, so today has been the longest day ever. After work -

- Made dinner.
- Searched for jobs.

Now to bed!
Hope he's feeling better soon; you have that eyeballs-three-feet-in-front-of-your-head feeling?

#54 of 135 Old 06-16-2014, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Well, this evening's accomplishment was getting sucked into the vortex of internet medical advice. I found a tick on back of my upper shoulder, and it may have been around since yesterday. So I'm peering at it and photos online trying to see if it's a Lyme carrier. Oh, and reading up on symptoms and comparing pics of rashes with what my bite looks like. Time to back away from the ledge.

#55 of 135 Old 06-17-2014, 04:33 AM

Quote:

- Made dinner.
- Searched for jobs.

Now to bed!
hope he feels better soon-sending mental chicken soup and saltines your way. no time for stomach bugs here!

Mellissa, married to DP , proud lesbian mama to 3 jelly babies: DD #1 (5) DD #2 (3) and DD #3 (8 mos) and ?? #4 6 mos
#56 of 135 Old 06-17-2014, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Well, this evening's accomplishment was getting sucked into the vortex of internet medical advice. I found a tick on back of my upper shoulder, and it may have been around since yesterday. So I'm peering at it and photos online trying to see if it's a Lyme carrier. Oh, and reading up on symptoms and comparing pics of rashes with what my bite looks like. Time to back away from the ledge.
MariaMadly... step away from the internet before it tells you your tick bite will cause an incurable cancer. Because if we read it on the internet, we know it's correct, right? What our doctor told us when my daughter had a tick bite was to look for a low grade fever and general malaise as well as a bull's eye rash. I think Lyme carrying ticks are teeny tiny, too. You SHOULD keep an eye on it though.

Yesterday was busy, as Mondays are wont to be here:
*Everyone was exhausted so everyone slept in. Son didn't get up until 9:30am!
*Wrote an email to a friend that I hope was helpful
*Wrote a few more emails
*Worked a bit
*Felt like a slug so walked nonobadbordercollie. Tried to coerce son to go with me but he wanted to practice DJing
*Took nonobadbordercollie on the superlong walk (son doesn't go on that epic walk with me) and got back just in time to greet the bus
*Took DD1 to her horseback riding lesson
*Read my book in the car while she got to go on a trail ride. (Wish I could go!)
*Got home and put leftovers in the oven for dinner
*Washed my poor, neglected 4 day unwashed hair. :
*Ate dinner
*Went to girl scout camp site and celebrated DD2 bridging to Juniors.
*Came home and read to the kids and tucked them in
*Watched Continuum and went to bed.

#57 of 135 Old 06-17-2014, 11:20 AM

yes, Maria, get away from the computer. NOW.

#58 of 135 Old 06-17-2014, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
MariaMadly... step away from the internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3jellybabies View Post
yes, Maria, get away from the computer. NOW.
Caught myself as it was happening! I'm pretty sure it was a Lyme vector, but not wigged -- just watchful. Made notes with dates etc., kept the tick, and walked away.

Kept my mind off it:

- hung out with DS2, made him a quick breakfast
- went to yoga
- home and reassembled sausage grinder for my mother
- did more paper purging in the attic; our burn pile is getting huge
- emailed back and forth with DH
- walked down the driveway to get the mail
- put today's mail in the recycling
- kept up with cleanup from kielbasa making: bowls, racks, grinder attachments, etc.

Whoops, just got my reminder from Duolingo; add "- intends to do French" to my list. Quiet, early night in store.

Last edited by mariamadly; 06-17-2014 at 02:28 PM.
#59 of 135 Old 06-18-2014, 04:25 AM

Good idea for keeping the tick! That's one thing I always forget to do (well, always makes it sound like we have ticks galore here, and we do, but not too many bites). How does the rash look? I bet you could go to the doctor to get it checked out anyway. Better to ease your anxiety than the internet, maybe?

It was a day of fun stuff yesterday:
*Finished my spreadsheet and sent it off
*Went on a bike ride with son. It was humid and hot and I was fine but I totally wiped him out, little out of shape kid. We rode only about 10 miles and had to stop a few times to let him catch his breath.
*Came home and made lunch. Son caught his breath again and caught up on his school work.
*Met the homeschool group at the movies and saw How to Train Your Dragon 2. It was really good. I loved it. Son would rather have seen Edge of Tomorrow again but he grudgingly liked it. heh
*Came home in time for the bus
*Did P90x Plus and roped DD2 into doing it with me. (9 yr old doing bicep curls with soup cans to cheesy Tony Horton is too cute)
*De-sweated myself and changed and made and ate dinner
*Went to the elementary school spring concert. DD1 played and they sounded great!!
*Ran into the school librarian and she is retiring this year. I'm bummed. I used to be a regular volunteer in the library but events the past two years had me step back from many volunteer activities. I was just struggling too much to be reliable. So I felt sad she was leaving and guilty that I quit coming in to help her out.
*Came home and read to the girls and tucked them in
*Watched 24 and went to bed. ::yawn::

Today we have another busy day of orthodontist appts, a new friend coming over, etc etc etc. This is a busy week!

#60 of 135 Old 06-18-2014, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Caught myself as it was happening! I'm pretty sure it was a Lyme vector, but not wigged -- just watchful. Made notes with dates etc., kept the tick, and walked away.

Kept my mind off it:

- hung out with DS2, made him a quick breakfast
- went to yoga
- home and reassembled sausage grinder for my mother
- did more paper purging in the attic; our burn pile is getting huge
- emailed back and forth with DH
- walked down the driveway to get the mail
- put today's mail in the recycling
- kept up with cleanup from kielbasa making: bowls, racks, grinder attachments, etc.

Whoops, just got my reminder from Duolingo; add "- intends to do French" to my list. Quiet, early night in store.
just keep an eye on the bite. best of health!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page