Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

#61 of 135 Old 06-18-2014, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix View Post
*Ran into the school librarian and she is retiring this year. I'm bummed. I used to be a regular volunteer in the library but events the past two years had me step back from many volunteer activities. I was just struggling too much to be reliable. So I felt sad she was leaving and guilty that I quit coming in to help her out.
You helped when you could, and I'm sure it was a great support to her. Regret not being able to do more, as long as you realize you couldn't, and don't beat yourself up. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3jellybabies View Post
just keep an eye on the bite. best of health!
So far, so good -- thanks! How have things been your way?

@kitchensqueen How's Little Man doing?

Very, very nice day here:

- up early, washed a load of laundry and hung it outside
- made DS2 some oatmeal and had my breakfast
- took him out for errands, got a 2015 planner already (I am so Type A)
- home, made lunch
- turned my mother's mattress for her -- she's 83 and five-foot-nothing: "Oh, no, I'll do it, Dear"
- purged more old letters, found some really fun greeting cards that are keepers
- did PT
- got mail
- made pizza from scratch for DS2 and he ate the. entire. thing.
- emailing back and forth with DH

Reading, having dinner, early to bed.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#62 of 135 Old 06-18-2014, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamadly View Post
He's better, but I'm fried. Starting the week with no sleep is so rough. You never really catch up...

At any rate, I've done a few things since getting off work tonight -

- Played trains with Little Man.
- Got the mail.
- Discussed weekend plans with husband.
- Clipped a few coupons.
- Put seasoned taco meat from the freezer stash to defrost in the microwave for a quick dinner.
- Made dinner for Little Man.

Now I'm getting ready to work for a few hours... it's annual review time and I have a ton to write, a few of which will be downright horrible.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#63 of 135 Old 06-19-2014, 04:53 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
You helped when you could, and I'm sure it was a great support to her. Regret not being able to do more, as long as you realize you couldn't, and don't beat yourself up. :-)

So far, so good -- thanks! How have things been your way?

Very, very nice day here:

- up early, washed a load of laundry and hung it outside
- made DS2 some oatmeal and had my breakfast
- took him out for errands, got a 2015 planner already (I am so Type A)
- home, made lunch
- turned my mother's mattress for her -- she's 83 and five-foot-nothing: "Oh, no, I'll do it, Dear"
- purged more old letters, found some really fun greeting cards that are keepers
- did PT
- got mail
- made pizza from scratch for DS2 and he ate the. entire. thing.
- emailing back and forth with DH

Reading, having dinner, early to bed.
when you asked how things were over this way, I expect you were asking me. if not, ignore this post, I guess. well, things have been good, and I just found out... I'M PREGNANT! OMG, yeah I'm pregnant, so yeah... pretty busy around here. @kitchensqueen : stomach bugs? ain't got no time fo dat!

Mellissa, married to DP , proud lesbian mama to 3 jelly babies: DD #1 (5) DD #2 (3) and DD #3 (8 mos) and ?? #4 6 mos
#64 of 135 Old 06-19-2014, 04:56 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
So so tired today. It was super busy yesterday and today will be, too. And I had this weird dystopian dream in which I was in a bleak future and people were chasing me. Like.. I had this dream ALL NIGHT. *sigh* Maria, thanks! I exchanged email addresses and numbers with the librarian so we can go get coffee and catch up this summer. Yay!

Yesterday:
*DD2 and I both had an orthodontist appointments. I got new bands (red, white, blue) and DD2 got a consult for a retainer to fix her overbite. They also tightened my bands and gave me smaller rubber bands to close the gap from pulled teeth faster, which were not conducive to good sleep last night, either.
*Dropped DD2 off at school
*Came home and chatted with son for a moment and we tidied the house for friends. I vacuumed the living level and stairs and the girls' bathroom upstairs (the girls cleaned it this morning). I also wiped down the living level bathroom.
*Made a coffee cake
*Took nonobadbordercollie for a walk with a friend in hopes of wearing her out for the other friends who have no dogs and aren't used to them
*Came home in time to change and greet friends (these are new homeschooling friends so first time son has met their son)
*They left after a few hours, and my dogs were super good
*Picked DD2 up from school and took her to therapy
*Took her to her class party at a local restaurant and discovered it was the wrong day! Oops.
*Came home instead and was tired (introverted me is worn out from meeting new people. heh)
*Made breakfast for dinner
*Read to the kids and tucked them in
*Worked some but realized I have completed this spreadsheet before. After a while, all the names I research kind of run together and occasionally I have a name I have researched before another spreadsheet, but I know I have researched ALL these names before. Dropped an email to the guy I work for and asked him if he wanted me to continue with the current spreadsheet or if he will send me a new one.
*Went to bed, where I had weird dreams, my mouth hurt and I tossed and turned all night.

Today is field day at the girls' school and son and I are facepainting there. I need to work out and I need to work, too, so I hope to hear back about how to proceed on this spreadsheet.

Married, part time work from home mom to DS (13 and homeschooling), DD1 (11) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and a cute rat.
#65 of 135 Old 06-19-2014, 04:58 AM

Quote:
when you asked how things were over this way, I expect you were asking me. if not, ignore this post, I guess. well, things have been good, and I just found out... I'M PREGNANT! OMG, yeah I'm pregnant, so yeah... pretty busy around here. @kitchensqueen : stomach bugs? ain't got no time fo dat!
CONGRATS! How exciting for you!!!

Married, part time work from home mom to DS (13 and homeschooling), DD1 (11) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and a cute rat.
#66 of 135 Old 06-19-2014, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes, I was asking you, and CONGRATULATIONS!!! I just *bet* it's busy around your way!

@kitchensqueen good luck with those reviews, they sound like a PITA.

@meowmix , sounds like a cruel variation of a final exam dream.

The day is young and so far I:

- got groceries and put them away
- did a load of laundry and hung it outside
- used a small hand-mower to weed whack around the yard
- popped a frozen breakfast into the oven for DS2

Rest of the day holds the usual: more purging, PT, meal prep, dish wrangling. I'll also bake a loaf of GF bread for my mother and maybe run out for errands with DS2.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#67 of 135 Old 06-19-2014, 02:13 PM

oh, no, it was a rainy day today. heaven preserve us, and send some flying house maids.
meowmix and Catholic Mama like this.

Mellissa, married to DP , proud lesbian mama to 3 jelly babies: DD #1 (5) DD #2 (3) and DD #3 (8 mos) and ?? #4 6 mos
#68 of 135 Old 06-20-2014, 04:59 AM

Yesterday:
Chatted with son about school and checked over his work
I worked a little bit
Went to the school for field day (we face painted this year and I had fun. Son not so much. He didn't like face painting and was pretty bad so he finally begged me to pull him out of the face painting and just let him watch)
Came home and sucked down a cup of coffee
Went to therapy, where I really didn't have much to talk about. So YAY for that!
Came home and checked in with husband and kids. Read my book a moment with DD1.
Went to pick up DD2 from dinner with her class and teacher. I love her teacher.
Ran to Target for some stuff. Called husband and asked him to worry about dinner
Ran to Safeway to pick up a veggie tray for DD1's class party (Target didn't have one)
The girls drove me a bit batty with their bickering in the grocery store and I bought beer. I guess kids can drive us all to drink sometimes! heehee
Came home with beer and found husband ordered pizza- perfect combination
Ate dinner
Tucked in kids and read to them from our book

Started to play Diablo with husband but instead discussed son's upcoming 13th bday. His best friend is out of town and his other friend is in town. Son has been pretty neutral about celebrating his birthday. Historically, friends are ALWAYS busy or out of town in our area over the summer. Birthday celebrations with friends are always a planning/coordinating nightmare and I have no patience for it. A birthday should be about the birthday kid, not about accommodating everyone else's schedule. So, after much thought about how to make this birthday super memorable and special without friends and a huge party (something son wouldn't want anyway), we decided to take him to his first concert. So we bought him tix for his first electronic music concert and we'll surprise him with it. I know he will be SUPER excited. He mixes and creates electronic music, husband and I also like the genre and we are concerty, clubby people anyway. So this should be fun and I hope he will like it! Only one of us can go with him (DD1 is hosting a party that day for a customer/friend so one of us needs to stay behind to help) so I don't know how we're going to decide who goes. heh.

#69 of 135 Old 06-20-2014, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post
He's better, but I'm fried. Starting the week with no sleep is so rough. You never really catch up...

Now I'm getting ready to work for a few hours... it's annual review time and I have a ton to write, a few of which will be downright horrible.
Kitchensqueen- I hope you are feeling more rested today and were able to get those dreaded reviews written. I'm guessing you have to give them, as well? Good luck with that.. giving a poor review to someone really sucks. When I worked in retail, I always thought review time was fun, unless I had to give someone a bad review.

#70 of 135 Old 06-20-2014, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Started the day really early today:

- met a few friends for breakfast at 6:00 AM
- made my mother a loaf of GF bread
- purged more letters
- fed DS2
- took out trash and recycling
- quick library stop
- took recycling to dump
- bought food at crunchy store
- built tomorrow's soup
- started roasting some chicken breast for DS2

Got up before 4:30 AM so tonight's an early one. @meowmix my outings are at the other end of the spectrum from yours, it sounds like: local diner with weak coffee as soon as it opens. And the library! My wild social life!

#71 of 135 Old 06-20-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Kitchensqueen- I hope you are feeling more rested today and were able to get those dreaded reviews written. I'm guessing you have to give them, as well? Good luck with that.. giving a poor review to someone really sucks. When I worked in retail, I always thought review time was fun, unless I had to give someone a bad review.
Not done yet. I have to write and conduct 17, and I only have 3 written... clearly going to be writing them this weekend at this point. Oh well. Right now I'm having a glass of wine.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#72 of 135 Old 06-21-2014, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Not done yet. I have to write and conduct 17, and I only have 3 written... clearly going to be writing them this weekend at this point. Oh well. Right now I'm having a glass of wine.
Those will be some interesting reviews after some wine!!! LOL.

Yesterday:
*Went to the school and was there for the morning helping at DD2's class party with son
*Ran home for lunch
*Came back to the school and helped DD1's class with son in the afternoon
*Checked kids out of school after DD1's party because nothing else was really happening
*Came home and son retreated to his room to mix music, DD2 went to her friend's house (friend was home from school sick but not THAT sick), DD1 decided to bake cupcakes. I went for a walk with my friend and nonobadbordercollie. THAT was tough. Standing on my feet all day and then walking 4 miles was TOUGH. My feet felt like someone was beating them with a hammer with every step. But I wanted to get some exercise.
*Came home and put my poor, aching feet up for a moment and fell asleep for a second.
*Helped DD1 make fondant icing (our first time). She was unsuccessful making much with the fondant so she rolled it into balls and painted them with food coloring red. After she iced her cupcakes with put the red fondant balls and sprinkles on them and they looked like cherries on a sunday! Really cute. She substituted coconut oil for butter in the buttercream and it was really good. I feel like I am teaching her well in her substitutions (I almost never follow a recipe exactly) and she is a fantastic baker!
*I read my book for a bit
*Realized the time (6:30pm!) and made a quick chili mac for dinner.
*Watched the Lego movie for movie night and ate a cupcake
*Tucked the kids in to bed.
*And, because our life is not always exciting, husband and I went to bed at 10pm on a Friday night because we were beat. heehee

Last edited by meowmix; 06-21-2014 at 05:34 AM. Reason: She won't be a decent baker someday because she's a fantastic baker NOW. ;)
#73 of 135 Old 06-21-2014, 02:50 PM

The house hunt has begun in earnest! We have decided to get serious about buying the house so I can make a move with my job later this year. I've been at my company a long time, and longevity wins you credibility with mortgage lenders, so... house, job, baby #2 .... in that order. :-)

- Dropped Little Man at my in laws for a day visit (they should be back any minute now, actually).
- Met an agent and toured two houses.
- Checked out the farmers markets and downtown areas of the two towns we're looking for a house in.
- Stopped at Goodwill.
- Went to Woodmans for groceries.
- Came home and put away groceries.
- Ate lunch with husband before he left for work.
- Tidied the house.
- Browsed some additional home listings our agent emailed, and emailed him the ones we want to schedule for next weekend.
- Took a nap.

And now I'm just sitting around waiting for my in laws to arrive with Little Man... I should be working on those bleeping reviews, but you know - I think I'm going to wait until I have a bottle of wine open later. ;-)

#74 of 135 Old 06-21-2014, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Today I walked 7 miles. That's my new record for walking miles around our 2.5 acre yard.

My father-in-law tried to invite himself over, and I said "How about next time you ask first before you invite yourself over." in an instant message. He didn't like that; he yelled at me (all caps) and logged out, and the next I heard - from my more considerate mother-in-law - they weren't coming over after all. Phew!

I put another CD in this computer's iTunes library.

I called two friends and tried to call another - found that I don't have her number after all so I hope I will see her in the morning after Mass. The first friend was charging her phone so I told her she could call me back; the second friend needs to wait longer before coming over; so I was going to invite the third friend over and that will wait until I see her and I have reliable contact information.

Yesterday I finished proofreading a book for a man I look up to. He told me to take a few days to rest so with that encouragement I walked the 7 miles today and I am looking forward to the next project for him tomorrow or the next day.

This morning for Saturday Morning Clean-up I asked my husband if there was anything in particular he'd like me/us to clean. He said the kitchen floor hasn't been clean since we moved in, and I knew that even when I sweep and mop, there are still several spots that remain so I asked him to help us start. I gave our children sponges and they did a little bit.

May God bless you and His Blessed Mother Mary keep you!  :-)

#75 of 135 Old 06-21-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catholic Mama View Post
Today I walked 7 miles. That's my new record for walking miles around our 2.5 acre yard.
Dang, that's awesome. Good for you. And I had to chuckle at your FIL inviting himself over - what is with these in-laws sometimes? Just because people are related doesn't mean the door is always open!

Speaking of in-laws, I am quite miffed with mine (yet again). They brought Little Man home an hour and a half late with no call stating they were running behind. I was worried sick. I texted - no response. Then I called, and she's all like - oh yeah, sorry. When I asked why she didn't call, she said she didn't think of it... sigh. It's like having 50+ year old children, I swear. Not cool.

After I got Little Man fed dinner and hung out with him awhile, I put him down to bed. He had no nap today on top of it all! And she sent three boxes of cookies home with him... I just don't know what to do with this people. After that -

- Entered some rewards points codes online.
- Entered some Shutterfly codes into my account.
- Cleaned up my personal email account.
- Made a baked potato for dinner.

And I still have these bleeping reviews hanging over my head... can anyone tell I'm procrastinating?

#76 of 135 Old 06-22-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Today I walked 7 miles. That's my new record for walking miles around our 2.5 acre yard..
WOW. That is awesome. Way to go on 7 miles!!!! How many laps around your yard is that?

Yesterday was kind of luxuriously LAZY:
*Worked a bit
*sat online and did nothing a bit
*Cleaned the kitchen
*Painted my nails and decorated them with flowers (we have a nail polish kit)
*Took the girls to the library
*Took them to the grocery store
*Unloaded and put away the groceries
*Then us girlies all piled on the couch and read our books. Lost DD2 and her friend to a dance party in their room. So it was voracious reader DD1 and myself who read for like 3 hours.
*Realized the time and made dinner- stir fry with farm veggies.
*Went out with my husband and had fun!
*Came home and tried to watch a documentary on Second Life, but couldn't finish it.
*Went to bed.

Today we have a friend's surprise bday party and then we're going to a friend's to watch the World Cup (isn't that over yet? I feel like it's been on for months).

#77 of 135 Old 06-22-2014, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
*Helped DD1 make fondant icing (our first time). She was unsuccessful making much with the fondant so she rolled it into balls and painted them with food coloring red. After she iced her cupcakes with put the red fondant balls and sprinkles on them and they looked like cherries on a sunday! Really cute. She substituted coconut oil for butter in the buttercream and it was really good. I feel like I am teaching her well in her substitutions (I almost never follow a recipe exactly) and she is a fantastic baker!
She sounds really talented! I love when DS1 or DS2 give me advice or show *me* how to do something in the kitchen.

Quote:
The house hunt has begun in earnest! We have decided to get serious about buying the house so I can make a move with my job later this year. I've been at my company a long time, and longevity wins you credibility with mortgage lenders, so... house, job, baby #2 .... in that order. :-)
Exciting times! Hope That Place sits more comfortably in the meantime. Good luck!

Quote:
Yesterday I finished proofreading a book for a man I look up to. He told me to take a few days to rest so with that encouragement I walked the 7 miles today and I am looking forward to the next project for him tomorrow or the next day.
What a nice man, I love hearing about people like that. It's a joy working with them.

Yesterday I tidied and rearranged things in the attic, put a few things aside for donation, and made a plan for where to move some furniture and filing cabinets. Also the usual meal-prep, outrun-the-dishes thing, picked DH up at the bus station, took my mother to church and back. And picked up my needlework from the frame shop. When I showed DH and DS2, they noticed the monogram was . . . upside-down! My M became a W. So my accomplishments Monday will include another trip to the frame shop.

Today started off with another highlight of our social life -- our downstairs toilet backed up at 7:00 AM. Cue frantic race for rags, shop vac, etc. While DH wiped the area downstairs where it had leaked (not too bad) I cleaned the bathroom. Then we had breakfast. I also:

- washed and hung a load of laundry outside
- took a coffee break and wondered why I was so tired and it's only 10:30 in the morning

More later, if I accomplish anything else. Happy Sunday, all!

#78 of 135 Old 06-22-2014, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Congratulations, 3jellybabies!

I walked another mile last night - the eighth - at sunset because I wanted to walk at sunset on the longest day of the year. Thanks all of you; I won't be walking as much today, though it would really help my back, because of the threatening clouds over our house. To answer your question meowmix, 7 miles is 28 laps around the house, and 8 miles is 32.

Our minivan is still in the shop, where it's been since it was towed there last Monday. My husband's parents let us borrow one of their cars (my brother-in-law's old car) and I drove my oldest son and daughter to Mass this morning. It was weird to go to a low Mass and not hear the singing we usually hear at high Mass. My husband gave me money, though, so after Mass we went next door to the bookstore and picked out coloring books for the birthday boy whose party we'll go to on Saturday. They were cheap enough that I bought some for all four of my children too. The third friend I mentioned yesterday gave me her phone number and suggested we get together at the end of July.

Now that we've eaten lunch, I left a message for Mom (she lives half the country away and misses my children; she doesn't want to be the grandma they never see, contrasted with my mother-in-law who we live near) and I'm going to:
wash the dishes
clean the table
take my thyroid pill (forgot to before Mass when my stomach was empty)
sweep the kitchen floor
look up roast beef to see if I need to add anything to the crock pot
work on summer reading program logs with my children
read to my children from Saint Benedict by Mary Fabyan Windeatt
practice "Ode to Joy" on our keyboard if the clouds go away and we're able to plug it in
water the plants...only if it doesn't rain before 4 or so (I heard I'm not supposed to water them at night)
maybe call a Midwestern friend
hopefully write in my journal
avoid the laundry...it's Sunday
read the bishop's June seminary newsletter
maybe even clean off my desk a little at least one of them, anyway: this one in the kitchen this laptop is sitting on, and my desk in my bedroom

I second the happy Sunday!

May God bless you and His Blessed Mother Mary keep you!  :-)

#79 of 135 Old 06-22-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Exciting times! Hope That Place sits more comfortably in the meantime. Good luck!
Thanks! I'm trying to keep my eye on the prize for sure!

So today, I woke up to a sick kid and a half-sick me. Not an entirely fantastic way to start the week. So my day has basically looked like this -

- Cuddled with Little Man on the couch, watching cartoons and telling him stories, but mostly just holding him.
- Took a long nap with Little Man on the couch - he refuses to be apart from me for more than 5 minutes.
- Got Little Man to drink a whole cup of water and eat some applesauce. Administered more Tylenol.
- More couch dwelling.
- Put on a Thomas video for Little Man so I could get up and do a spot of housework:
- Put clean dishes away from the dishwasher.
- Loaded dirty breakfast dishes into the dishwasher.
- Wiped the kitchen counters down and cleaned the sink.
- Threw out some questionable items from the back of the fridge - hate when that happens!
- Swept the kitchen floors.
- Started home made pasta sauce for myself for dinner, and put water to boil for spaghetti.

Still to come -
- Do at least one load of laundry.
- Finish making dinner.
- Make a batch of oatmeal breakfast cookies.
- More couch snuggling with Little Man until his bedtime.
- The stupid annual reviews after Little Man goes to bed...

#80 of 135 Old 06-23-2014, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Thanks! I'm trying to keep my eye on the prize for sure!

So today, I woke up to a sick kid and a half-sick me. Not an entirely fantastic way to start the week. So my day has basically looked like this -

- Cuddled with Little Man on the couch, watching cartoons and telling him stories, but mostly just holding him.
- Took a long nap with Little Man on the couch - he refuses to be apart from me for more than 5 minutes.
- Got Little Man to drink a whole cup of water and eat some applesauce. Administered more Tylenol.
- More couch dwelling.
- Put on a Thomas video for Little Man so I could get up and do a spot of housework:
- Put clean dishes away from the dishwasher.
- Loaded dirty breakfast dishes into the dishwasher.
- Wiped the kitchen counters down and cleaned the sink.
- Threw out some questionable items from the back of the fridge - hate when that happens!
- Swept the kitchen floors.
- Started home made pasta sauce for myself for dinner, and put water to boil for spaghetti.

Still to come -
- Do at least one load of laundry.
- Finish making dinner.
- Make a batch of oatmeal breakfast cookies.
- More couch snuggling with Little Man until his bedtime.
- The stupid annual reviews after Little Man goes to bed...
aw, poor little man, and you too! what do you have? I might have some remedy suggestions! hugs!

#81 of 135 Old 06-23-2014, 05:24 AM

Hope you feel better today, kitchensqueen! And, of course, Little Man, too.

This weekend was a lot of fun, really..
*Woke up super late (9am)
*Made homemade poptarts because I had been promising the kids for a week that I would make them.
*I did something in here that I can't remember because time passed but I must have accomplished absolutely nothing! heh
*Got ready to go to a friend's surprise party!
*Surprised our friend, which was fantastic. Their party was amazing- they even had a food truck come and serve us food! Talked at length with a woman who has fostered many many children. Picked her brain about her experiences because I am interested in being a foster parent someday.
*Had another gathering to go to so we had to say goodbye to our friends there.
*Came home and freshened up a bit and picked up the kids (the surprise party was not a kid friendly party and the couple we know does not have kids).
*Went to our other friends and watched the World Cup and, omg, it was really exciting!
*Went down to the town center and husband and son played a pick up soccer game with a bunch of other kids running around. It was really cute.
*DD1's really good friend from school was there and.. ok.. so this is a weird backstory. I posted a profile picture on facebook and DD1's friend's dad said I looked like his sister. Then a couple weeks later his sister friends me on fb. I've never met her and she lives in Scotland. I usually don't friend people I don't know and so I almost didn't friend her. So we messaged back and forth a bit. I can see a resemblance. We both thought it was funny. Well, that was last year. Yesterday she was visiting. So DD1's friend came running up and told me her aunt was with her and wanted to meet me! So it was pretty cool to meet her. And she had this awesome Scottish accent.
*Spent some more time in our friend's apartment.
*Came home way too late and we are all dragging a bit this morning!

#82 of 135 Old 06-23-2014, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Very industrious so far, time for a break:

- dropped off dry cleaning
- mailed GF2's box (DS2 made her oatmeal lace cookies last night)
- took my mother strawberry picking -- really warm out there, even early
- caught up on receipts DH brought home from his trip
- moved so much furniture in the attic: a couple of file cabinets, bookcases, scootched some dressers over
- and, such happiness, found another box of papers to purge

For later I plan to:

- re-bottle my bottle tree -- took the bottles indoors over the winter and forgot about them!
- ditto my gazing ball
- and the plastic flamingo DH and I bought on a trip to Vegas
- make DS2 a pizza from scratch
- maybe start some baked goods for DS1, will email him to ask
- fill out a form for our investments, or get DH to do it

#83 of 135 Old 06-23-2014, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi, just found this thread! but tonight, we had pasta with beet green, parmesan, olive oil, and garlic toast on the side, and now it's 8:50 pm, and I have the girls into bed, and Willow (4 weeks) is napping in her cradle while I relax and have a glass of wine and talk with a friend, who we have over for the night. sweet!! I haven't relaxed in almost a month now! today I made homefries for b-fest at 8:00, and took the girls to the pool till 12, and then remembered we had company coming over, and ran home to frantically clean the house, and transform the "kids pen" as we call the girl's room, into a guest room, and now the kids are in my bed. oh, joy. usually Willow, and sometimes Abby, are in my bed with me, but not all 4 DD's! my mom also called today, asking if I had any postpartum depression. I was like, depression? when would I find the time to do that? oh yeah, and company (as I'll call my friend) and I took the kids to a trail, and we walked for 2 hours (mostly spent eating snacks, swimming -again, I know- in a brook -or 2, or 5...- coaxing them along, taking on and off the sing/Boba/backpack, picking up and putting down the DD's, finding lost shoes/clothes/diapers...-I know, what the heck with the diapers?-) so really, we walked for 20-30 mins. well, an overall OK day, and I'm felling great. well, it's 9:06 now, and I'm gonna get ready for bed . bye, and good night !

I'm the single mommy of nursing kids Tina (4) Joy (3)Abigail (1) and Aspin (3weeks). hear are some emoticons that describe me:
#84 of 135 Old 06-23-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
aw, poor little man, and you too! what do you have? I might have some remedy suggestions! hugs!
Quote:
Hope you feel better today, kitchensqueen! And, of course, Little Man, too.
Thanks both - we're both quite a bit better now. It was just a summer cold for the both of us, plus my usual feel-like-crap-half-the-time sickies. Today was shockingly productive at That Place, and I'm down to having 4 of 17 reviews left to do. Tomorrow is going to be a solid 12 hour day in an all day working session for a new project, complete with dinner with a bunch of execs...I'll be out of the house from 6:30-9 all in, and I am not looking forward it. Thank goodness these things only happen a few times per year. After work -

- Stopped at Target to pick up a few groceries I forgot earlier this week. Found some canned clams, shrimp, crab and salmon at 50% off with expiration dates of 2015+ so picked up a bunch to have on hand for quick pantry cioppino.
- Put away the groceries.
- Started dinner.
- Spent some time with Little Man.

Still to come - more office work. I'm aiming to finish up 2 of the 4 reviews tonight, as well as do some reading to prep for tomorrow's meeting. And early to bed tonight if I'm smart.

#85 of 135 Old 06-24-2014, 04:44 AM

well, it's already/only (whatever makes you happy) 8:30am, so I'm finishing up b-fest, which is a "breakfast layout" as I call it, which means English muffins/toast, organic shreddies/rice crispies, and some hot cereal/oatmeal, and eggs. today it's English muffins, shreddies, oatmeal, and hard boiled eggs (the eggs for company, hard boiled make me sick.).
today:
I'm gonna try to get the girls out for a walk down the road, and maybe call my friend Alison (she has no kids, but is trying, and loves to help with mine... yes she knows what she's in for ) and go for a hike. maybe I'll leave 1 DD with my mom, I dunno... what do you girls think? oh, yeah, Tina has a playdate @ 3:00pm... I'll have to plan around that-she's staying till 4. also, Willow loves my mom, and I might leave her with her while Joy Abby Allison and I (and maybe Tina) hike to the brook for a wade.
Later ( I hope):
read a bit
bathe the girls
get them to bed by 7:30 (wish me luck!)
watch this movie I rented (probably not-no time)
do a load of laundry
wash the supper dishes, and possibly all the ones from lunch and maybe B-fest
get to bed by 9-9:30

well, I'd better go finish b-fest, it's now 8:43.
bye, be back later.

I'm the single mommy of nursing kids Tina (4) Joy (3)Abigail (1) and Aspin (3weeks). hear are some emoticons that describe me:
#86 of 135 Old 06-24-2014, 05:10 AM

Welcome maragrace! It sounds like you live in a very naturey area and the girls get to get outside a lot. How fun! Looking forward to hearing what your days are like. We lived in Halifax, Nova Scotia (is that your N.S. in your location?) for a year.. just a year.. when I was very little, maybe 5 or 6. I don't remember much about it, so I guess that was an anecdotal comment. heehee...

Yesterday here was normal Monday but less busy since DD2 has no more lacrosse or girl scouts until the fall.
*Worked for a few hours
*Went over son's school stuff
*Took him to therapy
*Came home and made salad for lunch and made him grilled peanut butter and banana (he knows how to make it, but I felt like making him food)
*A friend who is moving stopped by with tons of food from her pantry that she isn't moving with. I joked to her that it was like xmas for food! Cereal, flour, sugar, cocoa powder, etc..
*Girlies home from school so said hello and got ready to take DD1 to horseback riding (which means I puttered around making coffee for the road, getting a bottle of water, giving the other kids instructions while I was gone and doing other various things while DD1 tapped her foot and told me to hurry up! heehee)
*I read my book while DD1 rode her horse. Arranged summer lessons with her teacher.
*Came home and showed DD1 how to create a signup genius for the party she is planning. She is leaving it down to the last minute. I'm glad all her customers are people we know, but I need her to get cracking on these parties and talked to her about that.
*Made dinner and we ate it
*Took the dogs for a walk. omg... our trails are relatively safe in our area but we got to a bridge over a stream and there were all these punk looking teenagers hanging out on bikes, taking up the whole bridge and obviously looking to be intimidating to others. I mean, they took up the WHOLE bridge. I don't like to be intimidated so I kept on walking and they cleared a path, but they are swearing up a storm the whole time and eyeing us. Then my big ole newfie decided he had had enough of being stared at, he does NOT like it, and he jumped forward and woofed loudly in one kid's face. Every kid there dropped some variation of the f-bomb and cleared a path for us really quick! There is an advantage to having a giant drooly newfie. He's definitely protective!
*Tucked the kids in, read to them, watched continuum, went to bed!

#87 of 135 Old 06-24-2014, 09:27 AM

@meowmix : I do live in nova scotia, in a town called Truro, but my mom is in a place in the middle of nowhere called Earltown, and there are lots of trails there. Halifax is nice, but only for visits- 1 night at most, since it takes us about an hour and a half, not including potty stops. more like 2 and a half hours.
well, it's now 1:11 pm, and we just finished lunch (pita chips (homemade) and hummus (also homemade).)
oh, yeah, we did walk down the street a bit, and we ended up going to the pool (again, I know)... for about 15 mins. then Tina got water in her ears, and we went home. then, they wanted lunch, so I made it, and we ate it.

plan for the rest of my day:
let the girls play in the sprinklers (yes, my girls' lives revolve around water play)
do 1 load of laundry (still didn't do it)
mow the lawn
do a bit of garden work
vacuum the house
clean the toilet (ick )
call my sister
not let the girls watch TV (so hard!)

well, it's now 1:27 pm, so id better get cracking. bye for now!

#88 of 135 Old 06-24-2014, 11:00 AM

Low key day here so far and I am by myself, which is so rare when I'm homeschooling:
So far I have worked a couple hours
Taken son to his friend's house after he was finished his school
Came home and ate lunch (homemade yogurt with peaches and blueberries)
Walked/ran with the nonobadbordercollie for an hour (took me a whole hour to do 4 miles, so frustrating. Hate my achilles)
Now I just finished stretching my Achilles and am icing it. I'll work some more until the girls get home, then I think we'll go to the pool. Tomorrow is the last day of school!!

This is the kind of rotten border collie mix I have. It's hot, she ran with me for the four miles plus I let her off leash and she chased things in the woods and ran free there. So she ran a lot. Then we found a tennis ball as we passed the tennis courts on the way home. She took it home with her and began playing with it here. She is never tired. heehee.. Plus, the other day I accidentally dumped some pickle juice on her and she smelled like pickles. Then she ate cat poop out of the cat box. So she has earned the nickname "Pickle Juice Turd Head" so every time the girls greet her they exclaim in the high pitched voice "Pickle Juice Turd Head! YAY!" and she gets all excited. It's hilarious.

#89 of 135 Old 06-24-2014, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

@maragrace Welcome!!!

Nonstop day here, finally stopping for a break:

- up early, took DH in to work
- dropped off donations
- took recycling to dump
- bought some vegetables for soup
- home for a quick stop to make scones
- frame shop to correct the spelling of my monogram :-)
- yoga
- home again; popped scones in the oven for DS2
- made pop tarts for DS1
- cleaned the pans from the strawberry and blueberry turnovers my mother made this morning
- packed up turnovers to freeze
- took DS2 out to the bookstore and library
- made DS2 lunch
- took out the trash and recycling
- built my soup
- started building care package for DS1 and his girlfriend
- sat down

I feel as though I've gone a round with nonobadbordercollie and lost!

Last edited by mariamadly; 06-24-2014 at 05:36 PM. Reason: because we "make" scones; we do not "makes" them
#90 of 135 Old 06-24-2014, 03:05 PM

ok, well it's now 7:30 pm, and we've finished supper (homefries and fried eggs, aka eggies)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page