June 2014: What did you accomplish today? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

#1 of 133 Old 06-01-2014, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
June 2014: What did you accomplish today?

Hi, everyone!

OK, that worked; this morning when I tried to post a new thread, I got a logo from Citizens Bank. :P

So far a couple of unexpected "nice day" errands:

- washed a load of laundry and hung it outside
- stopped by the store for BBQ food
- also a bit of attic work; DH gets the credit today, he threw out a *lot*

Rest of the day is food prep and the associated cleanup.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.

Last edited by mariamadly; 06-01-2014 at 10:00 AM. Reason: posted a one-liner as a test first
#2 of 133 Old 06-01-2014, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamadly View Post

Rest of the day is food prep and the associated cleanup.
So much food prep!

- was sous chef for DS2; he made a loaf of bread and a half dozen pop tarts from scratch to mail his girlfriend
- folded the laundry from outside line
- staged and cut meat for BBQ
- roasted carrots
- wrangled mother as she took care of sides
- kept ahead of DS2's baking dishes plus the pile from dinner
- helped DS2 wrap his offerings and get a box ready to mail

Now it's 9:00 PM and I'm done after thirteen hours. I'm used to a more indolent life! :-)

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#3 of 133 Old 06-02-2014, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Yay! A new thread! And it's JUNE. omg.

Yesterday was so super awesome. My DD1's big accomplishment was participating in her first horse show and getting second place on flatwork! I was so super proud of her. She did absolutely fantastic.

My son also changed his attitude and played hard with his lax team in their second playoff. They lost but that's okay, his head was in the game.

DD2 won her first playoff and moves onto her next game next weekend.

So my kids accomplished a lot yesterday! I accomplished:
going to all those events and cheering kids on
smoked a pork shoulder
made carolina vinegar sauce and vinegar based slaw
napped because I had a headache
Finished reading The Giver (book my son just read for LA)

And that's it. So let's get June started!

Married, college student, part time work from home mom to DS (12), DD1 (10) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and two rats.
#4 of 133 Old 06-02-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
So much food prep!

- was sous chef for DS2; he made a loaf of bread and a half dozen pop tarts from scratch to mail his girlfriend

- wrangled mother as she took care of sides
How do you mail food? Does it get stale?
Also... your wrangled mother comment made me lol!

Married, college student, part time work from home mom to DS (12), DD1 (10) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and two rats.
#5 of 133 Old 06-02-2014, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix View Post
Yay! A new thread! And it's JUNE. omg.

Yesterday was so super awesome. My DD1's big accomplishment was participating in her first horse show and getting second place on flatwork! I was so super proud of her. She did absolutely fantastic.

My son also changed his attitude and played hard with his lax team in their second playoff. They lost but that's okay, his head was in the game.

DD2 won her first playoff and moves onto her next game next weekend.

So my kids accomplished a lot yesterday! I accomplished:
going to all those events and cheering kids on
smoked a pork shoulder
made carolina vinegar sauce and vinegar based slaw
napped because I had a headache
Finished reading The Giver (book my son just read for LA)

And that's it. So let's get June started!
Good for your kids! Isn't it great to see them do well?

Starting June off steady-as-we-go here:

- took mother to bank for meeting about her investments, CDs, etc.
- mailed DS2's GF's box at post office (the food does fine; priority is only two days, the pop tarts are a room temp store, and the bread has vital wheat gluten mixed in which helps preserve it)
- emailed with bank staff about one of my mother's accounts
- scanned a report about pedestrian safety
- texted briefly with DS1, he's booking movers for early next month!
- sorted and purged some more in the attic, took donation bags out to the car
- did PT
- did some French online (starting insects, woo-hoo!)

I have a transportation subcommittee meeting this evening, a quick dinner and some policing up around the house in the meantime. Huh, I have laundry to fold.

#6 of 133 Old 06-02-2014, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
How do you mail food? Does it get stale?
Also... your wrangled mother comment made me lol!
I have to laugh or scream. She came to me about preparing stuff three-four hours before dinner and kept talking when I told her to hold on for five minutes because DS2 was at some critical moment with his baking. Because she wanted to interact that. very. second. There's a lot of putting-her-back-outside-my-boundaries in our daily lives.

#7 of 133 Old 06-02-2014, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Hi! so glad you started this new thread! sending mental hugs your way- your mom is really lucky to have a daughter like you. it's now 5:13 pm, and I thought I'd get back on to tell about the rest of my day, so here goes: were was I... oh yes, I got on here to write. well after that, @ 2:00 pm, I took J out for a walk in her stroller till 2:30, when we got back and I made her a snack, and put on an audio book on my tablet for her, before e-mailing my mom. then I took a nap with DD till 3:30, when we went off to town to pick up DH @ 4. then when we all got home DH got on the computer to work before dinner while made supper (chicken a la king and mashed potatoes). the chicken's almost done right now, and we'll eat @ 6. then DH says he'll put DD to bed while I relax. then we have a movie to watch ( "Vikings", how exiting). I hope to get in bed by 10, but I know it'll probably be 11-12ish before I actually do.
Early nighty-night everyone! see you all tomorrow!

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (20 months), 8 months pregnant with DD 2 , planning another homebirth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.
#8 of 133 Old 06-02-2014, 03:06 PM

It *is* exciting to see the kids doing well in something and, I admit, I am, albeit selfishly, partially glad she is doing well in horseback riding because it is pricey!
What happened to today? I feel like I got nothing done before it was the end of the day:
*signed son up for a lifeguarding camp for summer.
*chatted with the coach for the field hockey camp and they told me that, as long as DD2 would be comfortable with rising 6th graders, she could be in the field hockey camp I had asked them about. Talked to DD2 and she was fine with it (rising 6th grade is her sister's age girls) and she wants to play field hockey badly. So I signed her up for the camp! So camp sign ups are complete for right now! (Camps are really big in our area and it's tough on me because camps all summer for 3 kids is way too expensive. But if I don't sign them up for stuff, our summers get really long because everyone is in camp or busy. We live in an area with many two income households. These sports camps I found are inexpensive and should be good for helping break up the monotony of summer!)
*Son interviewed me about his childhood for therapy and that was tons of fun, reminiscing with him
*Went to his therapy session
*Came home and made lunch and he and I walked the dogs (and saw another newfie on our walk! And a dead falcon/hawk laying right in the trail, not maimed at all. Weird)
*Cleaned the kitchen
*Took DD1 to horseback riding
*Went to the library to argue a late fee and check out a book
*Went to the grocery store
*Agonized with DD1 about dinner. We finally decided on just cheeses and meats and crackers and fruit plate.
*I came home and, be still my heart, all of his own idea, my son vacuumed the upstairs and cleaned his room. he also moved the keyboard upstairs into his room (probably what prompted the cleaning).
*Now I will work until 7pm and then make dinner. DD2 is at lax practice and the other two have joined together to finish a Halo campaign.

#9 of 133 Old 06-02-2014, 06:56 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
OMG, June!? Seriously, I didn't even realize until just about now that it's a new month, and this year is basically half over. Sigh.

- Did The Place for many hours, in which I weathered the storm by throwing deck chairs overboard (think Titanic meets Office Space if you need a visual). Triaged email, staff issues and my own mental health. All things considered, a rousing success. Heh.

- Went to the garden with the boys for almost two hours and it was bliss. Nothing like digging some holes and getting your hands in the dirt to mend a partially broken spirit. Came to the conclusion that somehow, at some point I need to find a way to make a living by the land. Anyone know how to become a farmer making 50k per year? ;-)

- Came home and made dinner.

- Spent some time with Little Man.

- Bedtime routine with Little Man.

- Sorted through the mail.

- Assessed my stained wood - key rack project and determined I am not at assembly phase for the hardware, because I need to stain a second piece of wood to increase the the thickness to accommodate the screws. Meh. Another project for another night this week...

- A bit of putzing around online and mentally decompressing...

And then I need to do a spot of office work since I literally have a solid wall of meetings tomorrow, and there's just no time to do actual work in that. Seriously - when do these places expect people to actual deliver on our work items if we have to sit around all day every day talking about it? Anyhow, off I go... maybe I'll get to do a bit of reading for fun if I hop to and get the dirty work out of the way. Then off to bed to reset for another day back at it.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#10 of 133 Old 06-03-2014, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

- baked my mother GF biscuits
- went to yoga
- went through a bunch of old receipts, most destined for the chiminea
- ate lunch
- consolidated old VHS tapes for DS1 and DS2 to purge
- moved some pieces around attic to reach the next group of boxes

It's a short list, but when I start on any of it, there's this gigantic sucking sound, and there go a couple-few hours.

I think I hear DS2, bet he wants food!

ETA

- repotted a spider plant . . . which is now three spider plants!

Last edited by mariamadly; 06-03-2014 at 03:16 PM.
#11 of 133 Old 06-04-2014, 04:17 AM

Quote:
- baked my mother GF biscuits

- went through a bunch of old receipts, most destined for the chiminea

I think I hear DS2, bet he wants food!
First off, it seems boys ALWAYS want food. I guess that never changes. heehee... also, I read that you were giving your receipts to the chimera. I was thinking those were some intense receipts! Are you still liking yoga and seeing results?

Yesterday was fabulous.
*Managed to get 4 hours of work in throughout the day. Which is really good
*Watched DD2's BFF for a few minutes while her dad picked up a RX for her (she was sick home from school today)
*Took son on a picnic and walk with nonobadbordercollie. We hung out in the woods, skipping stones in the water while she chased them and dug them out of the water for close to 2 hours. Then the sky opened up and it poured on us all the way back! It was actually really fun.
*Vacuumed the living level and added litter to the catbox
*Started dough for cinnamon rolls
*Made chocolate banana bread with some bananas that were way too ripe to eat.
*DD2 came home really upset because she had a bad day and also missed her BFF at school. Her BFF couldn't play so, while DD1 and her friend went to the pool, I played horseopoly with DD2. She completed beat the pants off me (a term she thought was hilarious).
*Punched down the cinnamon roll dough a few times
*Made salmon pasta with lemon butter for dinner
*Rolled out the dough and made the rolls and stuck them in the downstairs fridge to rise overnight
*Goofed off with the kids upstairs and read them a story
*Watched Teen Mom 3 (totally guilty addiction)
*Went to bed!

#12 of 133 Old 06-04-2014, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
First off, it seems boys ALWAYS want food. I guess that never changes. heehee... also, I read that you were giving your receipts to the chimera. I was thinking those were some intense receipts! Are you still liking yoga and seeing results?

Yesterday was fabulous.
That's so great -- I completely want a chimera to help me with my decluttering now!!! And, yes, yoga is going really well. Taking my time and getting a lot out the mental and spiritual work, my body will follow in its time.

So glad your day went well yesterday!
#13 of 133 Old 06-04-2014, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Unexpectedly productive today:

- bought groceries and put them away
- set aside some nonperishables for donation
- shoved attic furniture around, gained access to next clump of boxes, segregated some of those
- reserved hotel rooms for DS2's commencement next year!!!
- printed out said reservations, plus an annual report / budget for a meeting I have tonight
- made yeast rolls for said meeting, about to pop them in the oven
- built and started soup for DH's dinner

Now I have to set DS2 up with some hot food -- you got it in one, meowmix, it's like feeding baby birds -- and grab a bite to eat before heading out.

#14 of 133 Old 06-05-2014, 05:07 AM

I can't believe it's already Thursday. What happened to this week? Probably because this has been a good week.

Yesterday was fun:
*Worked a bit (but not really enough)
*Went over math with son to see where he is on this curriculum and made a plan for the summer/end of the year (sorry, kid, I think you'll not get a summer break. ). I want to move on to the next year by the fall.
*omg, what else did I do? I'm drawing a total blank
*Took nonobadbordercollie for a really long walk that completely exhausted her so much that I didn't even have to keep hold of her leash for most of it.
*Returned my rented school books
*Picked up the milk order with son and put it away. I got sheep's milk, on a whim, and seriously no one in my house will try it. *sigh*
*Went to my HAIR APPOINTMENT!!!! The girls told me yesterday that I had a grey streak in my hair and I was looking "old and moldy". Thanks, girls. heh (It doesn't really bug me and they said it as a sort of true joke).
*I am on a budget so we brainstormed together. I've been seeing her a while and she knows I like fun hair. We decided to cover the grey with blonde highlights and then throw in some pink and purple peekaboo highlights. It's a kind of face framing partial, so ess expensive but still fun so I didn't feel too deprived. Hair is the one thing I usually pay for. Expensive groceries and hair and pets. heh. My poor husband.
*Came home and helped husband make dinner and we ate with the kids.
*Son babysat while husband and I met some friends and had a couple drinks. Then we went and checked out the new bar that opened near us and we were super excited about it.
*Came home and zonked out!

#15 of 133 Old 06-05-2014, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

^^^ Your hair sounds really fun! I don't color -- have some vague mist of gray in my light brown -- but splurge for a regular cut with someone I really like. Umm, and am a member of the expensive groceries club, too.

Today I:

- up at 0600 to hear DS2 up and talking with DH, so I made him scones
- wrote a thank-you note to a speaker who made a presentation to a group I work with
- went to the dentist . . . for a crown :-( it needed doing, though, so is a big relief
- heated up some lunch and made some tea for DS2

ETA:

- moved piles around the attic; it's mostly sectioned into DS1 and DS2's things, DH's, and mine; way easier to see how-much-of-what we have to deal with now

Thought of running errands, but feel kind of meh, plus there's purging to do upstairs! Found a bunch of old shelter magazines -- Old House Journal, Fine Homebuilding, etc. -- and will go through them, clip what to keep, and recycle the rest. All by way of avoiding those receipts that are still waiting. My chimera can deal with them. :-)

Last edited by mariamadly; 06-05-2014 at 11:00 AM. Reason: accomplished something!
#16 of 133 Old 06-06-2014, 04:44 AM

Quote:
^^^ Your hair sounds really fun! I don't color -- have some vague mist of gray in my light brown -- but splurge for a regular cut with someone I really like. Umm, and am a member of the expensive groceries club, too.

My chimera can deal with them. :-)
LOL!

I got my first grey hair at 23. I remember asking my husband if it was grey and he said "Um.. no, it's blonde." but I could tell he was trying to make me feel better. And I cried. For a while I went grey naturally, but one day on a whim I got my hair cut and colored. And it looked so amazing! Like, looked less like an exhausted mom. So I've kept it up and I change it most every time.

Yesterday:
*Worked for a chunk of the day and finished my spreadsheet
*Took nonobadbordercollie to the dog park (probably won't do that again! ugh)
*Took son to the used game store and he got some DS games
*Deposited my paycheck
*Came home and helped DD1 write a blurb about why she would make a good school ambassador for 6th grade
*Cleaned the cat box and carried out a box of dirty litter
*Accomplished something else in this spot and I forget what it was. OH! Washed the dishes.
*Made taco seasoning
*Made tacos
*Fed husband and son quickly before they left for son's DJ lesson
*Girls and I ate
*Watched cupcake wars
*Tucked them into bed.
*Husband and I watched Continuum and went to bed.

Oh, our life of excitement!

#17 of 133 Old 06-06-2014, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Rest of yesterday was nice: emailed back and forth with GF2 while DS2 napped; made dinner while DH mowed part of our yard; went through a couple of those old magazines and realized the reason the rooms are all attractive is that they've decluttered all the crap, go figure.

Today I'm still dragging from the road work on my tooth -- upper rear molar -- yesterday.

- up later than I wanted (0800), showered, got groceries at mainstream and crunchy stores
- put them away
- did PT
- washed and hung a load of laundry
- emailed back and forth with DS1 about his new phone; he needed our help because he's porting over his number from our account
- popped scones in oven for DS2

I'm about to go out and try mowing. We have over three acres but just mow the area around the house. I want goats.

- mowed a big chunk of the lawn!
meowmix likes this.

Last edited by mariamadly; 06-06-2014 at 01:20 PM. Reason: used a lawnmower -- all. by. myself!
#18 of 133 Old 06-06-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I'm about to go out and try mowing. We have over three acres but just mow the area around the house. I want goats.

- mowed a big chunk of the lawn!
You have THREE ACRES?! SOOOO lucky! And, if you ever got goats, omg, my son would be super jealous. He seems to have this soft spot for goats and wants to get some. But our suburban neighborhood house with our less than a 1/4 acre yard would not support it. We are thinking about fighting our HOA for chickens, but I'm not sure our yard is big enough to allow us to have them within the county guidelines. We live in this area that is all about trees and green living but won't allow lines to dry clothes, food to be grown in a front yard or chickens. *sigh* Our backyard is treed and pretty shaded with like no grass so we can't grow food in the backyard. I've thought about just putting raised beds in the front yard anyway. I hate HOAs. Hmmm.. I kind of went off on a tangent there, didn't I? lol. Anyway... Woo on mowing the lawn! It's too bad your kids are too old to pay them 5 bucks to mow it!

Today was just so pretty out here.
*Son wanted to talk to me about school. Turns out he is asking for me to challenge him more. I've been waiting for this! Woohoo! We talked about next year and plans and collaborated on curriculum.
*I spent a long time researching prices and looking at used curriculum and forming a tentative cost analysis of curriculum next year.
*Spent a long time figuring out how to print coupons online. Then printed some.
*Went to the grocery store with son and certainly did NOT do extreme couponing. *sigh* This is like, SO HARD.
*Stopped at Starbucks for son to spend his gc he had.
*Put away groceries.
*Came home and researched more on couponing and found out another grocery store would work better than my usual one because they have a better coupon policy.
*Went to park day with son and he hung with some friends and that was SO COOL. We're finding our homeschooling groove, I think.
*Came home to greet the girlies.
*Lectured DD1 about taking so long to plan a party for a client-friend of ours. (DD1 and her friend have a party planning business, I might have mentioned before. They are both 10/11 years old so still learning how to be business people). She and I booked the location and the date and chatted with friend-client to let her know.
*Baked some s'mores cupcakes with DD1 as a test batch for the party.
*Chatted with husband.
*Chatted with a friend and gave her a few cupcakes
*Now I'm waiting for husband to get home with dinner. Girls are upstairs playing a game called "Bad Ice Cream" that is super giggly and noisy. Son is harassing nonobadbordercollie as she does a lot of talking back.

Tonight we'll watch a movie and get to bed. DD2 has a lax playoff tomorrow!

#19 of 133 Old 06-06-2014, 04:28 PM

Was kitchensqueen devoured by the job monster? And where is everyone else?

#20 of 133 Old 06-06-2014, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I've been wondering, too!

#21 of 133 Old 06-08-2014, 05:43 AM

Everyone must have been turned off by the new format. It's a little lonely here!

Yesterday:
DD2 had her lax game and lost. Which was okay but the other team played dirty, called the girls names, the coach went off on the poor teenage girl ref- who then was too scared to call any more penalties on that team and so they got away with lots of penalty material. It was so bad the coach of our team asked us to leave quickly because they were trying to keep the teams separated. DD2 came off the field saying one of the other team kicked her for no reason. DD2's friend came off the field sobbing because the other team had been taunting them and called her a bad player and an idiot. You can bet the commissioner will be hearing from me and I was SO MAD I spoke loudly as I walked past the other team how horrible the parents and coach must be to condone such behavior and the real winners of the game was our team for not engaging in such low class behavior. I was too angry to speak to the coach directly, though I was tempted. omg, I'm mad thinking about it again. These are 9 and 10 yr old girls.
*Went to the girls' lax end of year lunch and had fun, celebrated a good season and ate pizza.
*Came home and cleaned the bathrooms
*Took DD2 to a free play with a ticket from a friend. It was cute.
*Came home and took all the kids to the pool
*Left pool and took son and his friend to the movies
*made dinner and ate it
*Husband went to pick up son. I went on a walk with the girlies and the dogs.
*Tucked the kids into bed
*Played Diablo with husband
*Zonked out.

#22 of 133 Old 06-08-2014, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I miss the others . . .

Sorry about your lax game, meowmix. Sounds like your girls stayed classy. Definitely follow it up, what's the matter with some people???

Busy few days here. Finished whatever I'll be able to do with the mowing. I left the sloped leach field for DH, no way I feel like muscling the machine up those grades while still an amateur. Also hand-trimmed the perimeter of the house. Luckily, even though we've got a lot of land, we don't have a lot of house: it's a 26' by 26' square, so a nice manageable size. Still left today:

- fold and put away a load of laundry
- wash and hang another one
- sous-chef while DS2 makes pumpkin garlic knots for his GF
- build her box for mailing tomorrow

Last edited by mariamadly; 06-08-2014 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Hmm, "lax" is the sport, "LAX" is the airport?
#23 of 133 Old 06-08-2014, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Almost 7;30 PM here. Took care of laundry, new and old, did PT, and walked DS2 through that dough mixing-and-kneading. After it rises, he'll form the knots. Also fine-tuned what DS1 would like for moving boxes; I'll pick those up and we'll take them down next week. It'll be our housewarming present to them.

Now dinner and a book.

#24 of 133 Old 06-08-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I've been wondering, too!
Hahaha here I am! We actually just got back from three glorious days at the family lake house. I did NOT take my work laptop and I didn't check in or answer my work phone for three whole days. They can burn the damned place down for all I care! It was an awesome few days away.

Today was kind of a mixed bag - we left the lake house around 1ish, and took the scenic route home -

- Stopped at a grocery store in Kenosha to load up on New Glarus beer before crossing the border back into Illinois.
- Stopped at Goodwill - found a vacuum food saver for just $7! Plus Chutes and Ladders for Little Man for $1, and a handful of books.
- Stopped at Woodman to get groceries (got out of there for $65 - amazing!).
- Unloaded the car.
- Made dinner.
- Did the bedtime routine with Little Man.

And now I'm just relaxing. Need to throw together some things for That Place tomorrow, but really I'm looking to read a good book.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#25 of 133 Old 06-09-2014, 04:31 AM

Oh wow! Sounds so wonderful. Glad you were able to take some time off and FORGET ABOUT WORK. heehee.. I'm sure you needed it. And glad you are back!!

MariaMadly- what are you reading?

Yesterday was fun. This was a really good weekend!
*Wrote an email to the lacrosse commissioner about our experience yesterday.
*Our friends moved into their apartment close to us on Saturday. So Sunday we took bagels to them and ate in their new apt!
*Hung out with them for a while and chatted and admired the view (they are on the 15th floor and have a whole view. You can actually see into DC on clear days. Pretty awesome!
*Left them for a bit and head to the lake with our big ole inflatable boat and met a paddleboarding friend. We took the boat out and then we all got a turn on the paddleboard we're thinking of buying.
*Met back up with our friends for a late late lunch.
*Came home and visited our poor, neglected dogs and lounged for a while
*Met BACK up with friends with a movie and watched a movie on the pretty big screen movie room they have available in their apt complex.
*Got back late and tucked the kids in
*Heard back from the lax commissioner, who said we were not the only people to bring this issue to him and he was going to bring it up with the youth league overall. Yay!
*Went to BED.

#26 of 133 Old 06-09-2014, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

@kitchensqueen welcome back! Sounds like a wonderful reprieve while it lasted.
@meowmix I am reading Warrior Prophet by R. Scott Bakker; it's a loaner from DS2. And glad to hear the feedback re lax, hope it leads to improvements.

An errand-filled morning here:

- post office to mail DS2's box to his girlfriend
- car mechanic to replace one of our headlights
- U-Haul place to scope out boxes for DS1
- dropped off donations
- dropped off dry cleaning
- bought plants and potting soil
- potted plants; now our dooryard finally looks like spring

Kitchen and attic puttering the rest of the day, nothing too ambitious. Too humid here today.

Last edited by mariamadly; 06-09-2014 at 02:20 PM.
#27 of 133 Old 06-09-2014, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hi! Today is glorious! After APROX 4 days of rain, I woke up feeling elated when I saw the sun! Right now its 2:45 pm, and I'm using my tablet outside, while all 3 DDs nap. Now, don't be thinking I hauled them I up inside and rushed out into the sunshine with an ice pop and my tablet.oh, no, after breakfast, I got out 3 ice pops, 2 blankets, and my tablet, and we all went outside while DP went to work. Then Rosa napped in the baby swing, and Kay and Allie made a fort with the blankets. Then we ate our ice pops, and K and A fell asleep in they're fort. R is sleep in to, so I'm writing this.
#28 of 133 Old 06-09-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3jellybabies View Post
Hi! Today is glorious! After APROX 4 days of rain, I woke up feeling elated when I saw the sun! Right now its 2:45 pm, and I'm using my tablet outside, while all 3 DDs nap. Now, don't be thinking I hauled them I up inside and rushed out into the sunshine with an ice pop and my tablet.oh, no, after breakfast, I got out 3 ice pops, 2 blankets, and my tablet, and we all went outside while DP went to work. Then Rosa napped in the baby swing, and Kay and Allie made a fort with the blankets. Then we ate our ice pops, and K and A fell asleep in they're fort. R is sleep in to, so I'm writing this.
Welcome! Isn't the sun wonderful after so much rain? And then to be able to lounge outside with the kids. Sounds like a great day!

Today was a lot for my poor husband.. and I guess a lot of being behind and busy for me. heh
*Attempted to work this morning
*Got sucked into playing Diablo with son after the girls left for school. It was a productive day for homeschooling, lol.
*Attempted to work.
*Husband home so took him to the airport.
*Attempted to work again. Realized it was time for son to be at therapy (in 5 minutes)
*Got to therapy just in time (where is was decided he could go every two weeks. Woohoo!)
*Came home and ate lunch
*Attempted to work again but, seriously, son and I got sucked into watching border collie videos on youtube. (I was so distractable today! Bad to be working online! lol)
*Time for girls to get home!
*Visited with my friend for a minute when she stopped by to take DD2 to the pool.
*I took DD1 to horseback riding where she rode bareback today! So cool.
*On the way home picked up husband from the airport where he had been sitting most of the day, where his flights were delayed.. then canceled, then switched, delayed and canceled. He booked himself on the last flight out but it's currently, you guessed it.. delayed.
*Husband took us out to dinner
*Took DD2 to her girl scout meeting.
*Took husband back to the airport.
*And now DD1 is watching a show on dinosaurs and I am about to attempt to work. I'm guessing husband might have to come home tonight and take the first flight out tomorrow. I joked DD1 could have ridden her horse to his meeting quicker than him flying.

#29 of 133 Old 06-09-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Oh wow! Sounds so wonderful. Glad you were able to take some time off and FORGET ABOUT WORK. heehee.. I'm sure you needed it. And glad you are back!!
Quote:
@kitchensqueen welcome back! Sounds like a wonderful reprieve while it lasted.
Thanks - it was awesome, while it lasted. But the terribleness of that place in sharp contrast to how incredible life should be puts my direction in clear focus. I know what I need to do to fix it.

After The Place That Shall Not Be Named, a nice night thus far -

- Went by the garden and did a bit of weeding.
- Spent some time with Little Man.
- Made dinner.
- Tidied the house.
- Sorted the mail.
- Set aside some items to donate to the food pantry.
- Did some job hunting and organized some documents to polish up my resume.

Now I'm getting ready to eat some dinner and maybe watch a movie with husband. No work for me tonight!

#30 of 133 Old 06-10-2014, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3jellybabies View Post
Hi, and welcome! Sounds like a great morning and afternoon. How old are your LO's?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page