June/July 2014 Rant Thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-03-2014, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
June/July 2014 Rant Thread

Hi, I've been off mothering for quite a while, and I just found my old January 2014 rant thread, and decided to make another. this is for both June *and* July, so knock yourselves out, ladies! let the complaining and consoling begin!
XOX

P.S. my rant is the next entry

I'm the single mommy of nursing kids Tina (4) Joy (3)Abigail (1) and Aspin (3weeks). hear are some emoticons that describe me:
#2 of 9 Old 06-03-2014, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
my rant

hi, here's my rant for today, June 3 2014: well, it all started this morning, when DDs # 1 and 2 woke me up at 6 am, leaving Tina fast asleep, which made her cry when she woke up alone, then her 3 yr old sister tried to console her and ended up crying to! but after some tandem nursing while Abby rested, they felt better. then breakfast (homefries) burnt, which made all 3 of the girls cry again. then I threw up, cuz on top of all this, I'm currently preggo with #4 ! well, after all that, I made some toast, took my pregnancy vitamins, and sat down to nurse DD #1 while the older 2 ate. then I took a shower while DD #1 napped, and the other 2 played on the bathroom floor. then I got them all washed up and dressed, and packed up the car (diaper bag, Boba pack, stroller etc.) to take them to the park. we played at the park until 12, when we went out for fish n' chips, and stopped at a toy store to buy Tina's gift for a friends b-day party next week. then we went home and I set up sprinklers in the yard for them to play in, while I sat in a lawn chair nearby and had some iced tea while I read the paper. then, at 2, we went inside for quiet time. at 3, after quiet time, we started pizza dough for dins. so, today wasn't a whole flop, and I guess it was pretty good.
XOX

I'm the single mommy of nursing kids Tina (4) Joy (3)Abigail (1) and Aspin (3weeks). hear are some emoticons that describe me:
#3 of 9 Old 06-03-2014, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I don't know what exactly Im supposed to rant about but... the sunburn on my back is itchy and driving me insane. It hurts to scratch it. It itches and feels like little bugs are crawling all over me when I don't. ARGH.

And.. I'm irritated that every time I sign into mothering I have to figure out this new format on the message board. I mean, I'm sure I'll learn it eventually. But it's still irritating.

Otherwise, my day has been good! And my kids are too old to really drive me crazy most of the time.

Married, college student, part time work from home mom to DS (12), DD1 (10) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and two rats.
#4 of 9 Old 06-03-2014, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would like to second your rant about the new format! I am not a fan. It looks like Atari to me and feels impersonal (maybe that's the color scheme, I don't know). What gives?

Oh, and I can't post without verifying that I am a human! So that means that I have to watch a commercial in order to voice my opinion!!

Thumbs down MDC.
#5 of 9 Old 06-03-2014, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I completely agree, the new format sucks!

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (20 months), 8 months pregnant with DD 2 , planning another homebirth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.
#6 of 9 Old 06-04-2014, 04:09 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Mama505- really? Wow. I have never had to do that! That would be really annoying. The biggest thing I have right now is being unable to find threads I have posted to. I miss that big red number that would tell me. Now I just can't find it. And when I go to that CP button, it says I'm not subscribed to any threads. Even though I have posted to several. I guess I'll take time to figure it out today. Gr.

Married, college student, part time work from home mom to DS (12), DD1 (10) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and two rats.
#7 of 9 Old 06-04-2014, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I am annoyed at the school nurse who yelled at me yesterday and said they had been trying to reach me for an hour and had called my MIL to pick up my son. There was only one missed call on my cell. I was at the school, volunteering, which anyone in the front office could have told her. Once I picked up DS, who supposedly had a fever of 101.8, he was snotty, but when we got home his temp was 98.8 (no anti-pyretics). So now I am keeping him home today, since he was excluded from school, and he is perfectly fine and cranky since all his friends are at school and there is no one to play with.

Wife to M , Mommy to DS aka Captain Obvious  (06/06) and DD aka Lissalot  (03/09, anoxic brain injury)
#8 of 9 Old 06-05-2014, 01:12 AM

I guess the verification was just that once, maybe (hopefully) just that one time since The Change. I don't know, it was pretty odd.

I miss the big red number too meowmix. You can find your subscriptions in the "Forum Jump" bar. Press the little down arrow and you will see an option for subscriptions near the very top.

I also miss the little thing at the bottom of the page that had the current threads that folks were talking about... oh the good ol' days (last month).
#9 of 9 Old 06-05-2014, 01:13 AM

Really though, things are pretty good when the new format of MDC is what I want to rant about...
#10 of 9 Old 06-05-2014, 03:55 AM

well, DD has a terrible stomach flu, and I'm getting huge, and feeling so, but otherwise, things are great.

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (20 months), 8 months pregnant with DD 2 , planning another homebirth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.
#11 of 9 Old 06-05-2014, 03:55 AM

well, DD has a terrible stomach flu, and I'm getting huge, and feeling so, but otherwise, things are great.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page