http://www.upworthy.com/a-fantastic-...to-stop?c=ufb1

Someone moved my effing cheese.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2014, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Nice! I've found this so much easier to do the longer I've been a parent and faced my own struggles and adjusted my own ideals.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:39 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Aw this is very sweet and heartwarming!

I think that women in general, not just mothers, need to be reminded that judgement separates people, and the goal should be to exist as a community.
As a soon to be first time mother, I am very sad about the fact that women in our culture are not more connected. I am so thankful for MDC because it forges a connection between women that is wonderful to have.. But it would be even more wonderful if I felt surrounded by such a great community in my day to day life. Even my own mother has not connected with me as I feel she should through this experience.. It is odd. Capitalism makes everyone compete compete compete, and I feel that is wrong.

I am glad you posted this. It is important not to get offended simply because someone else has made different decisions in life than you would. That is why they are them and you are you beautiful. Even if it is pleasing to connect with like minded individuals, I also find it pleasing when I meet someone who has different views than my own, so that we can discuss and learn from each other. It is hard at first to do this without getting emotional or even heated, but once I learned to set my emotions aside when it is time to "discuss," (not argue haha) I found out that I had many many good conversations this way! I learn about different perspectives, which is quite rewarding. If I disagree strongly, I keep my mouth shut, or simply ask follow up questions so I can better understand the other persons reasoning.
Also, I learned not to get into too deep of discussions that touch on beliefs/philosophies with people I don't know rather well. It is easier for me to respect another's beliefs that are different than my own if I already appreciate that person as a friend, if that makes sense...

Sorry I'm babbling, but in really like this topic because I've only recently become more tolerant of other peoples views (if I'm being honest). I was raised to be tolerant but I didn't truly know how to practice it until I tried it on recently

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
Old 07-22-2014, 12:53 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
That is really cute. I agree that backing off the mommy wars gets easier as you get further along in motherhood and your ideals change and adapt to fit your needs. Honestly over the last decade of having kids I could have at one point or another held almost every one of those cards!

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
Old 08-18-2014, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatelynRose View Post
Aw this is very sweet and heartwarming!

I think that women in general, not just mothers, need to be reminded that judgement separates people, and the goal should be to exist as a community.
As a soon to be first time mother, I am very sad about the fact that women in our culture are not more connected. I am so thankful for MDC because it forges a connection between women that is wonderful to have.. But it would be even more wonderful if I felt surrounded by such a great community in my day to day life. Even my own mother has not connected with me as I feel she should through this experience.. It is odd. Capitalism makes everyone compete compete compete, and I feel that is wrong.

I am glad you posted this. It is important not to get offended simply because someone else has made different decisions in life than you would. That is why they are them and you are you beautiful. Even if it is pleasing to connect with like minded individuals, I also find it pleasing when I meet someone who has different views than my own, so that we can discuss and learn from each other. It is hard at first to do this without getting emotional or even heated, but once I learned to set my emotions aside when it is time to "discuss," (not argue haha) I found out that I had many many good conversations this way! I learn about different perspectives, which is quite rewarding. If I disagree strongly, I keep my mouth shut, or simply ask follow up questions so I can better understand the other persons reasoning.
Also, I learned not to get into too deep of discussions that touch on beliefs/philosophies with people I don't know rather well. It is easier for me to respect another's beliefs that are different than my own if I already appreciate that person as a friend, if that makes sense...

Sorry I'm babbling, but in really like this topic because I've only recently become more tolerant of other peoples views (if I'm being honest). I was raised to be tolerant but I didn't truly know how to practice it until I tried it on recently
Stated perfectly!

Amber. Expecting #1 in January 2015. Married to a fireman. 2 fur babies - Golden Retriever & a chubby tabby cat.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nice

"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh

User Tag List