Welcome to July 2014: What did you accomplish today? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

#31 of 135 Old 07-10-2014, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Thank you @mariamadly

DH 31; Me 30; DD 6; DS 1; Baby boy due Dec 17th

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 135 Old 07-10-2014, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
16 hour work day. WTF.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#33 of 135 Old 07-10-2014, 08:23 PM

@kitchensqueen that makes me tired just thinking about it!!
#34 of 135 Old 07-11-2014, 06:12 AM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Ugh.. Kitchensqueen. How awful. I agree. WTF.

Married, part time work from home mom to DS (13 and homeschooling), DD1 (11) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and a cute rat.
#35 of 135 Old 07-11-2014, 06:47 AM

New York was super amazing! We had so much fun, even if we didn't get to do much due to lack of time (we actually did a lot, just not everything I wanted to do). Wednesday morning I worked and walked badbordercollie and then we packed up and left around 11:30am. I picked up my RX before heading out. Then we drove and drove and drove. Stopped at (ugh) Sheetz for lunch per the kids' choice. We got into NY around 4 and sat in traffic FOREVER to get into the Lincoln Tunnel. Then I took a wrong turn and the traffic was awful and I was kind of stressed. So husband, who was already there (his flight wasn't delayed! Amazing) met me on the street and took over driving. I could have done it though. heh. He couldn't get a room with two double beds (room was TINY!). We hit the happy hour at the hotel for a free drink. Then found a good pizza place and ate dinner (I'm not vegan but their vegan pizza was soooo good!). Meandered NY with the throngs of people. Walked through Times Square, went to Midtown Comics, went to the M&M store. Walked a million miles until the kids were worn out. Came back to the hotel and left the kids with a movie and we went to the bar on the corner and met some of Ray's coworkers and had a beer. OMG.. they had Goose Island Bourbon County stout on draft! omgomgomg. We had fun people watching. Came back to kids zonked out. Figured out sleeping arrangements for us all in this tiny room.

Thursday- got up at 6am and ate the continental breakfast. Husband left for the conference. We went back to the room for a bit to chill and shower and stuff. Head out around 9am for Central park (we walked everywhere. Left the car parked in the garage). Meandered Central Park all.day.long. Skipped the zoo there (bad reviews on Yelp). We saw the Alice in Wonderland Statue, Balto (Squee!!!) statue, various playgrounds, ate overpriced food at some Boathouse cafe. Then DD2 saw Wollman rink's amusement park and she simple HAD to go. omg, she had so much energy. LOL. So I bought she and DD1 unlimited rides and son and I sat there to rest our weary legs and let the girls run all over the park and ride ALL the things! heh. DD2 was in heaven and it was totally worth stopping there. Finally, the kids were melting so I did a rare thing and bought a Coke for son (girls wanted lemonade) and they perked up a bit. We met husband outside of central park. I was kind of bummed he missed out on such a fantastic day *in* the park and I LOVED Central Park. It was so pretty and so much to do there. We didn't even make it has far at the Met and there's so much we didn't see there. We had the Museum of Modern Art (I wanted to see Starry night and the scream so badly!) on our list of things to do but, after souvenir shopping, it was too late to go. We stopped back at the comic store for a couple comics and by then it was 4:30 and we decided that, unless we wanted to eat in the city (and we didn't know where we would eat and there was nowhere to sit down and figure it out and DD2 was starting to melt by then) so we picked up the car and head out. The kids all fell immediately to sleep. Husband came back with us in the car. We stopped at Iron Hill Brewery (we are craft beer enthusiasts and occasional homebrewers, hence the beer stops) for dinner. We got home around 11pm to some super happy dogs. I had checked in with my friend a few times for updates on the animals. Besides nonobadbordercollie eating a stray book, chewing up my friend's bike lock and ripping up some random papers, the animals did great! She said all badbordercollie wanted to do was play play play and badnannynewf was a big stick in the mud and wouldn't play! Typical. We need another collie. LOL. My cats and my newf would run away from home (as would my husband! lol).

All around, a FABULOUS trip! I hated NY when I got there.. too noisy, too crowded and people were all honking. But the crowds were tolerant and I got used to it. We had already planned with the kids what they should do if we got separated in all the crowds- it was just me and the kids since husband was at the conference- but luckily no one got separated. We definitely need to go back. I want to see Moma and DD1 wanted to go up to the top of the Empire State Building. We'll be back!

Married, part time work from home mom to DS (13 and homeschooling), DD1 (11) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and a cute rat.
#36 of 135 Old 07-11-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
@kitchensqueen that makes me tired just thinking about it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix View Post
Ugh.. Kitchensqueen. How awful. I agree. WTF.
Yep, it was 100% not fun. It was for our quarterly business report meeting. On the plus side, the entire day was catered, and I managed not to make an ass of myself in front of our executive management team. Win.

Today has been low-key after working from home -

- Played trains with Little Man.
- Read a magazine with Little Man (he loves the cooking magazines).
- Sorted through Hot Wheels with Little Man to figure which ones will live at Grandma's house (he has a billion).
- Packed an overnight bag for Little Man for tomorrow. He's staying at my in laws tomorrow so husband and I can go see a concert.
- Got Little Man his dinner.
- Did bath and bedtime routine with Little Man.

Now I'm taking some time to relax and putz around on the internet. Need to do a bit more office work (grrr), pay the car insurance, and bake a chocolate croissant bread for breakfast tomorrow. And then to bed with a book! We've got an early start tomorrow to drop Little Man off and go on more house tours.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#37 of 135 Old 07-11-2014, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post
16 hour work day. WTF.
Wow, no. I like hearing you played trains with Little Man better. Enjoy your house showings tomorrow; sounds as though you're at least finding something promising enough to want to go see!
@meowmix what a phenomenal trip that sounds like! At the risk of creating more of a time-crunch next time, may I suggest The Cloisters? If you find driving a big headache, is the train an option for you? I know it costs, though; I think it would be cheaper for us to fly from up here in New England. Go figure.

Lots of medical errands today:

- took DH in for an endoscopy; lots of waiting with a groggy DH, got home around noon
- got DS2 up and ready for his regular checkup (no, I did not plan for both on the same day)
- chatted with my mother
- fixed food for people
- got my patient login and saw some dismaying test results (higher cholesterol from last exam, and that while losing five pounds . . . to quote kitchensqueen WTF)
- chatted with mother
- kept washing dishes; not a lot at once, but they kept coming
- chatted online with DS1, we're taking a quick trip down there tomorrow morning
- now to read a little and go to bed

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), and an overachieving mother (1930). Married to DH since 1986.
#38 of 135 Old 07-11-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamadly View Post
Wow, no. I like hearing you played trains with Little Man better. Enjoy your house showings tomorrow; sounds as though you're at least finding something promising enough to want to go see!
Playing trains was a lot more fun! We're scheduled to see ten houses somehow - fingers crossed we find the one!

#39 of 135 Old 07-11-2014, 09:03 PM

Got a few more things done -

- Put away clean dishes from the dishwasher.
- Loaded dirty dishes into the dishwasher.
- Hand washed a few dishes.
- Tidied the kitchen.
- Made the chocolate croissant bread and put it in the oven.
- Baked a batch of plain croissant rolls.
- Laid out clothes for tomorrow since we have an early start.

And I decided the office work can wait until Monday, or at least Sunday night. :-) As soon as the baking comes out of the oven, I'm off to bed for real!

#40 of 135 Old 07-12-2014, 06:10 AM

MariaMadly- Had to google The Cloisters. It's at the Met? Yes, we could have gone if we had had time! Also, I could take the subway. I was a little nervous about navigating it, but I take the Metro in DC and rode the BART in SF. No reason the subway in NY couldn't have been doable. I need another trip up there. I *am* spoiled by all the free things in DC, though. I got some sticker shock from the cost of everything in NY.
Kitchensqueen- Good luck on the house hunt today! And what concert are you seeing?

Yesterday-
*Cleaned the bedroom
*Folded clothes and stuff
*Vacuumed two levels of the house
*Played Dabble (a fun word game) with DD2
*Took husband's car to be inspected. It's overdue.
*Met my friend for coffee (she lives by the Starbucks there).
*Car failed inspection, bad brakes. Which I suspected it would.
*Stopped at CVS and bought box hair color
*Friend came over to my house and all the kids played water balloons in the front yard
*Browsed houses online in SF
*Made leftovers for dinner
*Watched Wolverine with son and DD1. DD2 went with her friend somewhere.
*Watched the ratties play. One of our rats has a benign tumor and I am feeling really guilty about not removing it. But she's so old, too, I don't know if she'll survive having it removed. Ugh.
*Browsed houses with husband and then went to bed!

#41 of 135 Old 07-12-2014, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Very successful day here:

- up early and down to DS1's new place to drop off lamps and pick up him and his girlfriend
- drove over to their old place to pick up unused moving boxes and drop off their keys
- dropped them back home
- stopped by the dump and heaved out some recycling
- home, fed DS2
- took mother to church
- returned unused moving boxes
- picked up some groceries at co-op
- fed people dinner
- kept ahead of the dishes
- made to-do and grocery lists for the coming days
@meowmix the prices in SF are stratospheric, aren't they? Find anything you like? Have you been on countrylife.co.uk?
@kitchensqueen how did the hunt go today?
@apeydef DH is military and I used to starch and iron his uniforms, absolutely no nostalgia there! How have things been going?

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), and an overachieving mother (1930). Married to DH since 1986.
#42 of 135 Old 07-13-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
@kitchensqueen how did the hunt go today?
Eh, we found a few maybes but nothing we were in love with. The search continues...

The show last night was awesome - we saw Veruca Salt. Best show I've ever seen. Totally a great date night. We didn't get home until almost 2 AM though, and oh my god I am not young anymore. Standing for three hours in a jam-packed venue and staying up that late is crazy!

Today so far -

- Slept in until around 10.
- Made a breakfast casserole for brunch.
- Visited with my in laws for a little while when they dropped off Little Man (on time with no alterations to his person, and no excessive quantities of junk food and new toys - small miracle).
- Put Little Man down for a nap.
- Tidied the house.
- Printed some coupons.

Few more things I should do today -

- Pay some bills.
- Organize my work bag for the week.
- Bake something for breakfast. Probably chocolate chip muffins since I have some rice milk to use up.
- Figure out what to do for dinner....

#43 of 135 Old 07-14-2014, 06:19 AM

I don't think I got a chance to update the other day. Ack. It's been busy busy. Yes, Maria.. SF prices are insane! We are exploring a potential option, though the possibility of a move is pretty remote, we wanted to make sure it was doable. It is. I have not explored that site.. though next time I want to daydream, I am definitely going to peruse it! Thanks!

Yesterday:
Made breakfast- french toast and sausage
Finished my spreadsheet for work.
Took DD2, DD1 and myself to Target to find some shorts and tops. Spent TWO hours there. zomg.
Ran into our friends and took their 4 yr old back to our house.
Chatted with another friend and we decided to do a small happy hour at our house.
Ran to the store for a veggie tray
Kids played with the hose, I tidied up the house with husband
Friends over for a couple hours to drink and chat. Husband zoned out to the World Cup game, which was irritating.
Friends left and gently gave husband Host 101 (ie: please quit watching TV for just a moment when someone comes over and offer them a drink and say hello.. THEN invite them to watch with you! *sigh*). He was sheepish. heh
Went out to dinner with the friends with the 4 yr old
We all came back to the house and, no joke, made fools of ourselves trying to use DD2's hula hoop!
People left, tucked the kids in.
Watched 24.. went to bed!

Today the kids have camp and I'm already running behind!

#44 of 135 Old 07-14-2014, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
hi, today i have 2 of Anna's friends Lily and Stella (ages 2 1/2, and 18 mos.) and their moms over for a get together/ playdate, but for now i'm still in my nightie, while Anna naps (10:25 am now) and listening to music. pure quiet-ish bliss.
be back later!

i'm Opal, and i'm:
married to DH
Mommy to Anna (2) 1 angel baby and 1 little stork baby on the way
owned by 2 s, 1 , and 7 s
prisoner of .
proud CDing mama
a breastfeeding mama
and co-sleeping
well, that's me!
#45 of 135 Old 07-14-2014, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

@mama2anna sounds like a nice interlude in a busy day -- have some non-chaos for me, OK? :-)

Business as usual yesterday and today accompanied by a leaky kitchen faucet that decided to go from mild to . . . well, DH always wanted property with running water on it. :P

Yesterday:

- did an outdoor load of laundry (washed, hung, folded, put away)
- emailed back and forth with DS1
- mowed a small swath of the yard I hadn't made it to earlier
- hand-trimmed some grass by the porch
- replaced my potted annuals that I had to move so that Briggs & Stratton didn't become their gardener
- cheer-led DS2 through baking a loaf of braided yeast bread for his GF -- he was so excited about it!
- made encouraging noises at DH while he finished his paper, gave it a quick pass and provided usage etc. input
- read a little bit

Today:

- called the plumber, who remembers our place (they were the sub our contractor used to build ten years ago)
- mailed GF2's box
- bought groceries
- put them away
- took care of some money stuff online, etc.
- started on my second pass at a box of old letters to purge
- made scones for DS2

Now I'm hanging out waiting for the plumber. I really hope he says we need a new faucet, I have my eye on this one http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Fairfax-...ProductDetails

#46 of 135 Old 07-14-2014, 04:27 PM

Mariamadly: i did, but then it got busy, it's now 7:24 pm, and DH is making supper. Anna had fun, and ate a big snack just before supper, so she's in bed now, and DH and i are gonna have some time together. yay! hubby has to get up at 4:00 am tomorrow, so will probably be in bed by 9. i have some writing to do, then i have to get to bed to- feeling wiped, and, i must admit, a bit under the weather.

i'm Opal, and i'm:
married to DH
prisoner of .
proud CDing mama
a breastfeeding mama
and co-sleeping
well, that's me!
#47 of 135 Old 07-14-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Now I'm hanging out waiting for the plumber. I really hope he says we need a new faucet, I have my eye on this one http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Fairfax-...ProductDetails
Nice! So hopefully your current one is totally busted! ;-)

Today -

- Ran the gauntlet at The Place That Shall Not Be Named. Administered one staff write up (three more to write this evening...). The full moon last week apparently caused my staff to lose their minds. WTH.

- Stopped at Target, ostensibly for my sister - she was looking for pink and blue cups for cheap for my niece's luau birthday party next month. I did find some for her (4 4-packs of reusable cups for $1.19 on 70% off summer clearance) and of course I found a few things for myself that I couldn't pass up. I got 3 packages of round Glad containers for $0.89 each, and the holy grail of summer clearance purchases - a croquet set for $6!!! I was super excited to find that.

- Played Legos with Little Man.

- Made mac and cheese for Little Man's dinner and sat with him and chatted while he ate.

- Made shepherd's pie for dinner for husband and I.

- Browsed online for houses - we've frustratingly seen everything on the market in our target area right now. Grrrr. Good thing our lease isn't up until March... but I'd really like to find the house sooner rather than later!

- Downloaded a few library books to my Kindle.

And now I'm sitting with my feet up. Need to finish those staff write ups later... but I need some dinner and sitting time first.

#48 of 135 Old 07-14-2014, 08:32 PM

@kitchensqueen I love how you are always finding a good bargain!! Now with baby number 3 on the way I told DH I really need to start thrift shopping more for the kids clothes. I will say I have found lots of good maternity clothes at salvation army in the past. Maternity jeans especially. New they can be like $60, but I can find them for like $7 at salvation army.

I didn't do too much today because annoying phone calls to no other than, insurance companies, hospital billing etc, took up my time.

-made breakfast (hashed browns, cheesy eggs and toast)
-cleaned up breakfast
-ironed DHs clothes for work and packed him a lunch
-made lunch for kids (cheese and crackers, and apple slices)
-looked up hotels for our up coming getaway this weekend.
-made phone calls to insurance and hospital about my ultrasound coming up next week. (we find out the sex)
-put baby down for nap, ate lunch and rested/played on MDC
-packed some bags and took kids to the beach but on the way it looked like it was really going to rain, so instead we went to my aunts close by who has a pool.
It was nice, we hung out, and my uncle made the kids nuggets for dinner so score, I didn't have to cook dinner for them.
-came home and gave kids a bath
-cut the kids up some fruit for a night snack
-did dishes
-bed routine with kids
-kids to bed
-cleaned up and cooked a quick marinara for DH when he gets home.
-flipped laundry

DH 31; Me 30; DD 6; DS 1; Baby boy due Dec 17th

#49 of 135 Old 07-15-2014, 06:11 AM

The link for the faucet won't load for me. I'm sure it is cool! I hope you get everything sorted out today with the plumber, MariaMadly and your DH maybe has water on the property in a, um, more appropriate place than running through your kitchen.. heehee

Yesterday:
Walked nonobadbordercollie 4.5 miles! Woo!
Took DD2 to basketball camp
Took son to Junior Lifeguarding camp
Stopped at Whole Paycheck for some baking stuff
Made chocolate cupcakes with vanilla bean icing with DD1. We decided the recipe was a keeper!
Picked up son from camp
Picked up DD2 from camp (both had a blast!)
Came home and struggled with updating the blog and getting video to upload for WAY TOO LONG.
Took the kids to the pool just in time for it to rain
Came home and did some weight stuff and squats and stuff
Played Trivial Pursuit Family with the girls
Cooked dinner while the kids walked the dogs
Husband home and we all ate
Watched Kindergarten Cop (I remember the movie being funnier.. it seemed awfully dark and they swore much more than I remembered in it! Oops.)
Kids in bed
Played Diablo with husband and went to bed!

Today.. more camps!

#50 of 135 Old 07-15-2014, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Well, depending on how you look at it, it's either bad news or good news: the spout *was* worn, so the manufacturer would send me a new one for free. I decided to jump at that, replacing something that's perfectly pretty and well-made, instead of pushing for an indulgence. Every bit of money is a few inches of future goat fencing!

So today I:

- chatted with DS2 in the morning a bit and fed him breakfast
- emailed with DS1 about some cubbies we have that he and GF1 might be able to use
- picked up some medicine for my mother
- bought chicken at natural food co-op (had gone yesterday, they were out, had to make second trip)
- had lunch with DH
- called Kohler about our faucet
- made DS2 more food
- tried to make sense of our electric range parts diagram online; control panel is starting to flake
- briefly priced a new range
- worked harder to find our current model range online and finally did
- made and froze a couple of work lunches for DH
- built tonight's soup

Now for some low-cholesterol snack :P and a break with a book.

#51 of 135 Old 07-15-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
@kitchensqueen I love how you are always finding a good bargain!! Now with baby number 3 on the way I told DH I really need to start thrift shopping more for the kids clothes. I will say I have found lots of good maternity clothes at salvation army in the past. Maternity jeans especially. New they can be like $60, but I can find them for like $7 at salvation army.
I just refuse to pay "full price" for basically everything. Thrift stores are the way to go for clothes!

Today at work was insane. I can't believe it's only Tuesday... After work -

- Stopped at Target (again, I know...) because I had the opposite of buyer's remorse for a metal tray in the summer clearance section, and realized it would be perfect as a cupcake tray for birthday parties and such. I ended up getting the last one for $5! Score. There's also a new badge on Cartwheel for the next few days so I picked up diaper wipes (which we needed anyway) and earned a new badge/spot. Double score!

- Hung out with Little Man.

- Did the bedtime routine with Little Man.

- Did some office work.

Now I'm debating doing more office work, or going to bed with a book...

#52 of 135 Old 07-15-2014, 08:03 PM

@kitchensqueen I do buy clothes on clearance a lot or at kohls where they will be like 5-7 bucks for the kids mix and match separates but I wait until I have a 30% off coupon so they will come to 3.50-5 dollars, plus you know they are always giving kohl's cash on top. I save all my kids clothes too and a friend and I swap clothes back and forth. I will not have to buy this baby anything, so that's good. Unless I see something super cute!
#53 of 135 Old 07-15-2014, 08:15 PM

Today I......
-Made breakfast
-did dishes
-laundry
-cleaned up breakfast
-called hotels and booked hotel for this weekend
-did more laundry throughout the day
-called about insurance stuff again! Documented calls in a notebook from the last two days.
-ironed like 5 shirts, 2 shorts and 2 dress pants bc DH is going out of town for work.
-packed DHs suitcase
-took kids on a walk
-cooked dinner
-cleaned up kitchen and did dishes
-picked up house
-night routine
-kids in bed
#54 of 135 Old 07-16-2014, 05:24 AM

I ended up with a headache yesterday and had to lay down for a few minutes.. probably due to the torrential rain yesterday afternoon.

*Walked nonobadbordercollie 4 miles
*Showered and all that jazz
*Took son and DD2 to camps
*Printed out a birthday coupon for DD1 and we went to the Barnes and Noble at the mall!
*DD1 got a free book for completing her B&N reading log, we ate a birthday cookie in the cafe. I also picked up some workbooks for DD1 and DD2 (they love workbooks) and got son Divergent. I got DD2 a gifted vocabulary book for 5th grade and no joke, my rising 4th grader is whipping through it.
*Went to Old Navy for shorts for DD1 and I and we were successful and found some cute stuff (but not great sales like Kitchensqueen always finds! But we were desperate.)
*Came home and found that nonobadbordercollie had gotten into my emergency bag for my friend's 4 year old and had eaten: a full bottle of benedryl, a bunch of Zyrtec and an epi pen. No joke. She was fine, just thirsty when I got home. Nonobadbordercollie indeed.
*Picked up son from camp.
*Came home and the heavens opened up and it POURED. Picked up DD2 from camp in the downpour. Ugh
*Dropped son off to babysit a friend's 5 yr old.
*Came home and played Trivial Pursuit Family with DD2
*Lay down for 20 minutes because my head hurt
*Did a 20 minute ab video
*Walked 3 miles with my friend and badbordercollie
*Cooked dinner
*Read a disturbing article in a local magazine while the kids did their own thing
*Finished our book with the girls
*Worked for an hour and dragged my exhausted self to bed.

#55 of 135 Old 07-16-2014, 06:12 AM

well, i'm now officially wiped. going to bed early, i think it must be that bug going around, tired, nauseous, hungry, afraid to eat, food cravings/aversions... all me! DH is graciously staying home today, to take care of Anna for me, so i'm gonna conk out on the bed and watch some TV.

i'm Opal, and i'm:
married to DH
prisoner of .
proud CDing mama
a breastfeeding mama
and co-sleeping
well, that's me!
#56 of 135 Old 07-16-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2anna View Post
well, i'm now officially wiped. going to bed early, i think it must be that bug going around, tired, nauseous, hungry, afraid to eat, food cravings/aversions... all me! DH is graciously staying home today, to take care of Anna for me, so i'm gonna conk out on the bed and watch some TV.
Oh no! Feel better soon!

#57 of 135 Old 07-16-2014, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

@mama2anna hope you feel better soon!
@meowmix you too! And glad nonobadbordercollie seems to have suffered no ill effects.

So far I accomplished getting the day going between power failures due to storms:

- up overnight to disconnect electronics
- up overnight after power got back on to turn off lights we had forgotten
- up to hear DH telling me we had power for a little while, then it went off again in mid-brew cycle, so our decaf tasted really strong this morning
- purged and sorted a few more letters in the attic
- power back on, quickly finished a report for my meeting this morning
- went to meeting
- came home and made DS2 lunch

This afternoon I'll do PT for my knee, cut up chicken and onions for a chicken-spinach thing DH makes, email a couple of state senate candidates to see if they're interested in a forum next month, and maybe catch my breath and read a little. Lunch first.

#58 of 135 Old 07-16-2014, 04:21 PM

@mariamadly and meowmix: thanks for the well wishes, but i just found out that there IS no bug going around. WTF?
weeeeelllllllll............. (three dot-dot-dots just wasn't enough)triedf to make breakfast this am, and ended up vomiting. ugh.

i'm Opal, and i'm:
married to DH
prisoner of .
proud CDing mama
a breastfeeding mama
and co-sleeping
well, that's me!
#59 of 135 Old 07-16-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
@kitchensqueen I do buy clothes on clearance a lot or at kohls where they will be like 5-7 bucks for the kids mix and match separates but I wait until I have a 30% off coupon so they will come to 3.50-5 dollars, plus you know they are always giving kohl's cash on top. I save all my kids clothes too and a friend and I swap clothes back and forth. I will not have to buy this baby anything, so that's good. Unless I see something super cute!
Clearance is a good option too - that's what I do at Target all the time!

Today was... WTF OMG at work. I wouldn't even believe it was real if I didn't witness it first hand... anyhow, after that -

- Stopped at the liquor store for a bottle of wine. Yes, I did.
- Played trains with Little Man.
- Flipped through some coupon books - nothing worth clipping so I'll pass them on.
- Printed some coupons.
- Customized some settings on my work laptop.

And now I'm getting ready to... do more work.

#60 of 135 Old 07-17-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post
Today was... WTF OMG at work. I wouldn't even believe it was real if I didn't witness it first hand... anyhow, after that -

- Stopped at the liquor store for a bottle of wine. Yes, I did.
So.... I hope you opened that wine!

Yesterday I feel like all I did was drive around places
*Husband took DD2 and son to camp. I drove out to DD1's trail ride (45 minutes away).
*Drove back into town to meet friends for coffee
*Friend couldn't find her car (LOL!) so I drove her to pick up her son from camp. Then we came back and looked for her car. We found it in another parking garage. heh
*Drove home and was there long enough to clean up new things badbordercollie had shredded. She is truly being terrible right now. I actually got mad, something I never do with her and yelled "Bad dog!" and she went from being all happy to see me and then rolling over on her back and looking totally humble. And I felt bad for yelling at her.
*Drove to pick up son from camp (took badbordercollie with me)
*Came home and scarfed down lunch, put dinner in the crockpot and drove to pick up DD2 from camp
*Drove 30 minutes to get to son's therapy
*Drove 30 minutes to go pick up DD1 from her lesson.
*Drove 45 minutes home and came in the door to red vomit all over the floor. Freaked out until I realized badbordercollie ate a container of red sprinkles. She broke into the kitchen and into the pantry and.. of all the things she could have eaten.. she ate a container of sprinkles and them vomited them everywhere. There was also sprinkles everywhere.
*Cleaned it all up. Then discovered dinner wasn't ready int he crockpot
*Whipped up some quick spaghetti.
*Met friends for a bit and tried not to be introverted and exhausted.
*Came home and watched 24 and zonked out.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page