Originally Posted by mama2anna
well, you must be very strong. i feel stupid asking this, but what is lupus?
I don't know if I'm strong per se, but I am very stubborn and driven. Which is the same thing in practice, I supposed. Lupus is an auto immune disorder, which is a chronic illness. The most common symptoms are severe joint paint/inflammation and fatigue. So basically - you just feel like crap a lot of the time. You learn to live with it, and cope with the symptoms. On the really bad days, you dose up on pain meds and try to rest.
Today is proving to be one of those days where I might be overdoing it, but onward we go.
- Made bacon, eggs and croissants for breakfast.
- Put pinto and kidney beans to soak for chili.
- Ran out to Target to pick up diapers. I forgot to get them earlier this week and potty training isn't going as smoothly as I'd hoped. Also found a pair of shorts for Little Man on clearance, and splurged on two new cardigans for myself - my work-friendly wardrobe is looking pretty sparse.
- Put away the shopping.
- Started a load of laundry.
- Colored with Little Man.
- Played trains with Little Man.
- Tidied Little Man's room.
- Organized my work bag.
- Cleared out the junk under the kitchen sink and reorganized it so that I can actually find what I want.
- Tidied up the pantry some more using the baskets I picked up the other day - I love them so much, I'm going to pick up another two sets when I go to Target next.
- Laid out the ingredients to make pumpkin butter in the crockpot - I'm going to do a double batch so I can make muffins when ever I want.
- Fed Little Man lunch.
- Put Little Man down for a nap.
Now I'm relaxing for a bit, and I need to figure out what to have for lunch myself - I don't have a taste for anything, so I'll probably do something lazy like a baked potato. Still to come today -
- Put away the laundry.
- Put away clean dishes.
- Start the pumpkin butter in the crockpot.
- Make a batch of bacon and whiskey chili for dinner, and to freeze some.
- Make a batch of bolognese to freeze (trying to use up the bacon I opened today, since we won't eat any more fried this week before it goes bad).
- Dice and freeze a zucchini my sister gave me.
- Bake pumpkin muffins.
- Write some blog posts - for real - I have a bunch of book reviews to get done.
And that's probably more than enough for today.