August 2014: What Did You Accomplish Today? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

Old 08-31-2014, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
AAK- I wish I was canning and baking! That sounds yummy.

I am exhausted right now:
*Husband cooked breakfast!
*Tidied up a little
*Took DD2 to therapy
*Took badbordercollie for a really slow mile long walk. I was going crazy not being able to walk at all. My ankle did hurt at the end of it. So probably no more of that (maybe rollerblades? Scooter? Wish I could skateboard!)
*Did stretches for my Achilles
*Husband, friend and I went and looked at apartments for her
*Stopped in and bought some shoes I had my eye on (I had 30 dollar "coupon" to the store)
*Came home and rallied DD2 and DD1 (son was at a friend's) and we all went with friends to the local jazz festival
*Listened to jazz and blues, kids ran in the fountain, we drank beer/wine and chatted
*Came home and dropped the kids off with son. They watched a movie
*Husband, friend and I went to a local bar. I was done drinking but had a water and had fun playing giant jenga!
*Came home and zonked out. We were not out late

I slept in this morning so it's after 9, now, but I am hoping to finally get in some grocery shopping. I literally haven't cooked more than easy easy stuff in a couple weeks. I need to prepare for the girls going back to school and need to get things for them to take in their lunch boxes. I'm wondering if I will go to Costco. I also need to sit and plan on my son's homeschool month (I usually went week by week last year. I need more planning, though). I highly doubt we will be ready to start lessons on Tuesday. He has a book club one day and a teen not back to school picnic on another day. His math and L/A curriculum will probably be here, but hes not slated to start science, history or German until next week. It will be good to ease into things.

Married, part time work from home mom to DS (13 and homeschooling), DD1 (11) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and a cute rat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2014, 07:34 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAK View Post
Yesterday, I did 21 quarts of peaches, six loaves of zuc. bread, two loads of laundry, and had a great chat with my grandmother. I also shared a movie with my oldest. It is our new thing. We take turns picking movies. Last night was my night and we watched "I Am Sam."

Today, I have planted three trees so far. However, I will be finishing up the peaches and making more bread. We like to pull out the bread from the freezer for quick mornings.

Amy
What kind of trees? And am so impressed with your canning! I would just stop by my hoard and gloat over it. :-)

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), and an overachieving mother (1930). Married to DH since 1986.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:19 AM
AAK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamadly View Post
What kind of trees? And am so impressed with your canning! I would just stop by my hoard and gloat over it. :-)
Two maples and an oak. And, thank you! I was raised in a home where canning was essential. I just do my favorites now.

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (12), Maya (8). 
Old 08-31-2014, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
We've had a very busy day thus far -

- Made breakfast.
- Dropped husband off at work for a day shift.
- Stopped at Target for a bunch of free school supplies with coupons.
- Went to Savers.
- Went to Goodwill.
- Went to Michaels and picked up a giant wood crate for just $7 with a 50% off coupon - perfect for Little Man's train.
- Picked up a few things at Dollar Tree for Little Man's birthday party, and Halloween crafts.
- Came home and made lunch.
- Put away most of the shopping.
- Put Little Man down for a nap.

And now I'm thinking about a nap myself!

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Old 08-31-2014, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Never did get the nap - I tried to doze on the couch and for once just wasn't able to fall asleep. Instead I half watched Upstairs Downstairs on PBS and thought of all of the stuff I should've been doing. After Little Man woke up -

- Got Little Man a snack.
- Played trains with Little Man.
- Put away clean dishes from the dishwasher.
- Sorted through the remaining camping gear and food and put it away.
- Put the beans on to cook for dinner.
- Tidied the house.
- Read books with Little Man.
- Ran over to Whole Foods to get face wash.
- Stopped at Target because I forgot ground beef for dinner when I was there earlier.
- Picked up husband for work.
- Snuggled with Little Man and read more books.
- Made dinner.
- Bedtime routine with Little Man.

Now we're relaxing and we may try to find something to watch together - or just mutually veg out with books... who knows.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Old 09-01-2014, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Almost posted on here by mistake, see you in September! September 2014-what did you accomplish today

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), and an overachieving mother (1930). Married to DH since 1986.

User Tag List