August 2014: What Did You Accomplish Today? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

Old 08-01-2014, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
August 2014: What Did You Accomplish Today?

Um... WTH? It's August? I think I say this every month though.

So my job is still insane - another impossible ask today. I've resorted to smiling and nodding around the crazies, then just doing the best I can do to give [insert crazy town request here] my best shot. Interestingly, it seems to be working... they don't want "yes men" but they want "yes men" results, so the smile/nod/you're all crazy thing seems to be effective. How odd.

Anyhow, outside of the insane asylum today, nice evening -

- Made a quick dinner so we could all eat together before husband went to work.
- Read books and snuggled with Little Man while watching a cooking show.
- Checked the mail and sorted it.
- Did the bedtime routine with Little Man.
- Loaded the dishwasher and wiped down the kitchen.
- Started two loads of laundry.
- Putzed around online watching Sherlock and Downton Abbey trailers.

I had all of these illustrious goals for tonight - organize the gift bins and master closet, make myself presentable (ahem) for Little Man's mommy-and-me-swim lesson tomorrow... but it's nearly nine and I've been sitting for awhile here now.

So I guess I can do the lady-scaping tomorrow morning and tackle the closet during nap time. :-) Trying to decide whether to continue my Downton Abbey marathon, or take a break and watch some old Sherlocks.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2014, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
hi!!!! nice month, ain't it!!!! yeah, i'm cheerful!!! so nice to have august. what have i accomplished?
here!:
7:00 am: got up
7:15 am: showered
8:00 am: made breakfast (quinoa and brown rice hot cereal and toast, i know boring)
9:00 am: got Anna and DH up, ate breakfast
10:00 am: read to Anna
10:30 am: lay down for a while (morning sickness, ugh!)
11:00 am:got up, took Anna to the Ped for her check-up
noon: took her out for lunch
1:00 (10 minutes ago) got home, collapsed
now: wrote this
so... tired... snooooooore!!!!

i'm Opal, and i'm:
married to DH
Mommy to Anna (2) 1 angel baby and 1 little stork baby on the way
owned by 2 s, 1 , and 7 s
prisoner of .
proud CDing mama
a breastfeeding mama
and co-sleeping
well, that's me!
Old 08-02-2014, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
I remember that first trimester tiredness! Hope you got an afternoon nap in!

Totally forgot about a new month! This summer is flying by soooo fast. I'm exhausted today.
Yesterday:
*Took badbordercollie for a quick walk.
*Finished my spreadsheet and sent it off
*Took the kids on errands- to Target, Gamestop (where son surprised DD2 by buying her Minecraft to make up for how jerky he has been to her lately) and the petstore to get badbordercollie a new collar.
*Came home and ate lunch
*Picked up DD1 from camp
*Went to therapy.. got there and waiting only to realize my appt was for NEXT week.
*Went home and took the kids to the library
*Cleaned house- vacuumed the house, folded laundry, vacuumed the laundry room, tidied up.
*Started dinner
*Friends came over and we all ate dinner and watched a movie
*Girls had a friend spend the night so the kids were up later than us.

This morning so far I got up late. Forgot the time and was 30 minutes late for DD2's therapy. Drove like a maniac, was rude to people as we shoved our way through the stupid meandering farmer's market crowd to get to the therapist's office. Then I cried when I got there and she's not even my therapist. Sigh. I got difficult news last night while I was cooking dinner and I didn't think it had upset me until this morning and I was trying to calm myself down from being late and rude to people to make DD2's appt.
Since then I have folded laundry, help my husband finished shaving the matted cat and newfie and looked into signing kids up for sports for September. I should go fold more laundry and think about starting the Iliad for book club for son for this fall.

Married, part time work from home mom to DS (13 and homeschooling), DD1 (11) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and a cute rat.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Meowmix, sorry to hear you've had unpleasant news. Hope your day improves.

Busy morning here, despite having a crashing migraine - the show must go on.

- Painted my toenails.
- Packed a bag for swim lessons.
- Got Little Man his breakfast and watched some cartoons with him.
- Took Little Man to swim lessons - so much fun! Almost was able to forget the headache while we were in the in pool.
- Stopped at Starbucks for a coffee and snack.
- Went to Target to pick up a few things I forgot Thursday - aspirin and antacids for husband. Also scored a bunch of school supplies for free with coupons, which we'll mostly donate. And I was excited to find the perfect bins in the One Spot to organize pouch food and smaller items in the pantry - no more avalanches! And grabbed another four jars of pasta sauce, since they had it on price cut for $1.
- Came home and lounged on the couch with Little Man.
- Put away the shopping.
- Sorted through the mail.
- Got lunch.
- Put Little Man down for his nap.

And now I may nap for a little while too, because this migraine is really kicking me hard. We'll see how the afternoon pans out after that...

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Old 08-02-2014, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Happy August! I completely spaced it.

- got DH, DS2, and myself breakfasted and out the door
- down to DS1's with cubbies for GF1, baked goods, DS2
- hung out together there for a bit
- stopped for for a late lunch at an Indian place with DH on the way home
- unpacked and put a few things away
- checked in with my mother
- logged our receipts, etc.

Early to bed tonight; DH is going into work for a bit tomorrow morning, and I'm taking my mother to an 8:00 AM Mass.
@mama2anna hope the morning sickness lets up soon, it's exhausting enough without it
@kitchensqueen I need a no-avalance solution for one of my cabinet shelves too; hope your migraine's beat back
@meowmix sorry about the tough news and the nasty drop it got on you; wishing you well

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), and an overachieving mother (1930). Married to DH since 1986.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:23 PM

8:30 pm... sleep typing... Anna has a fever... won't sleep...OK pinching myself...OW! OK, here's what happened: Anna wasn't eating her supper (fried fish, no panco, mashed potatoes and garlic toast) so i asked her what was wrong: my question: "Anna, honey, are you OK?" her answer: "um, maybe...no...yes...maybe...dunno" then she swiped her mashed potatoes of her tray.
15 minutes of back wrenching potato wiping later... she was looking tired, and she was slumping in her highchair listlessly, so i asked again if she was OK... my question (s): "Anna are you feeling OK? does your tummy hurt? are you still hungry? do you want to go to bed?" her answer(s): "no...yes...no...no..." (meaning no i'm not feeling OK, yes my tummy hurts, no i'm not hungry, and no i don't want to go to bed.) so, after deciphering her code, i lay her on the couch and put on TV (bubble guppies, followed by mike the knight, and octonauts) then took her temperature. 100.4 F. noooooooooo!!! then i got her into bed, and she slept for 1 hour while i did dishes, and started cuddling with DH on the couch. then she woke up, got up with us, had a fever of 103.1 F, i gave her some Tylenol, and got her to sleep. went to bed, leaving DH working. then slept for 10 minutes. then Ana woke me up... typing this on my laptop in the bedroom, she won't stop crying.... well waddaya know, she stopped!!! hallelujah, she's asleeppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppp wait a sec, i just fell asleep. OK, i'm officially exhausted. Anna had better be OK tomorrow, and the rest of the night, and DH had better let me sleep in, or he's toast, and so am i, cuz i'm burnt out. nighty-night!

i'm Opal, and i'm:
married to DH
prisoner of .
proud CDing mama
a breastfeeding mama
and co-sleeping
well, that's me!
Old 08-02-2014, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I worked on cleaning out the car today. Got *almost* finished and it looked like rain coming so I packed it in. Just a little bit left to do now but it can wait since I need to get it to a car wash for a shampoo anyways. I'm planning to do that on our next town trip ... Monday? Cleaned the porch off too especially since it was housing the stuff from the car. Which is now sitting in my living room. Ugh.

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
Old 08-02-2014, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamadly View Post
@kitchensqueen I need a no-avalance solution for one of my cabinet shelves too; hope your migraine's beat back
The nap helped - I've got it down to a dull ache now, which is tons better than it was. You should check out the One Spot for organizing stuff - they've got 3-packs of bins in several different sizes for just $3. The cabinet is looking much better now.

After nap -

- Read lots of books with Little Man.
- Played trains with Little Man.
- Half tidied the kitchen.
- Made garlic noodles for dinner.
- Oversaw chores (putting away toys) for Little Man to earn his allowance.
- Did the bath and bedtime routine with Little Man.

I've got a stack of dirty dishes to deal with in the kitchen, and I need to pay the front of the month bills today. But mostly I'm just going to sit back and relax and try to keep the headache at bay.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyms View Post
I worked on cleaning out the car today. Got *almost* finished and it looked like rain coming so I packed it in. Just a little bit left to do now but it can wait since I need to get it to a car wash for a shampoo anyways. I'm planning to do that on our next town trip ... Monday? Cleaned the porch off too especially since it was housing the stuff from the car. Which is now sitting in my living room. Ugh.
LOLOL! OK, your post cracked me up because I have done that very same thing. Unload the car to the porch then to the front entry. Then my car is neat but you have to wade past a hoarder's paradise in the front entry.

kitchensqueen- Glad your headache dulled down. mama2anna- I sure you she's okay! Sick little ones are never fun and both of you need your rest. I hope you're not reading this until a nice long sleep in tomorrow.

The rest of my day was better.
*Signed DD2 up for field hockey. Signed DD1 up for soccer.
*Buffed and made my nails look nice
*Snacked way too much (omg PMS)
*Got DD1 ready to go out with my husband tonight. OMG, she.looked.gorgeous! I painted her toes and nails and did her up with some light makeup and mascara and the blew her VERY straight hair dry and parted it differently. She looked so pretty. She's always beautiful but she really looked nice tonight. I couldn't get over how grown up my girlie looked (she's 11, btw, haven't changed my sig line yet)
*Saw them off after taking many pictures
*Video'd badbordercollie playing with a balloon. She figured out how to carry it around without popping it.
*Chatted with my neighbors.
*Took son and DD2 to store and we completely junked out. Bought candy and corndogs and Zevia (stevia sweetened soda)
*Came home and watched I am Legend. DD2 always wants to watch scary movies and I always feel like a horrible mom letting her watch these intense movies. She was absolutely fine with the movie up until (spoiler alert) the dog died. She lost it. I had to pause the movie so she could cry. This was even after I completely prepared them and told them at the beginning what would happen. She was fine with the insane zombies. In fact, she looked incredulously at me and said "Mom. Those zombies aren't even scary." FWIW, I hate scary movies.
*Watched Thunderstruck so they could forget about the dog dying.
*Tucked the kids into bed and now I am waiting for DD1 and husband to get home. They had a wonderful time, from what I heard.

Married, part time work from home mom to DS (13 and homeschooling), DD1 (11) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and a cute rat.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:38 AM

meowmix- thanks, Anna's better today, though not 100%, and I slept till 8. but I'm still tired.

well, this morning I woke-up, and realized 2 things: 1, I had a terrible headache, and 2, my sister was driving over from prince Edward island with her twin 9 month olds, her 4 year old, and her 10 year old to stay with us. for 5 days. I'm gonna die!!!!! so I called DH, and he came in, so I asked him if he could keep Joan (that's my sister's name) and her kids occupied, and say that I'm sick. "why?" he asked. "because I am sick. and pregnant. and tired." so he took Anna and put her on the couch while I slept a bit more.
9:00 am: I woke p and opened my eyes, trying to get through what had gone from a terrible headache to a full blown migraine. kitchensqueen, I feel your pain. so, I called DH again, and whined, and asked for some Tylenol, which he brought. 2 pills later...
9:15 am: and now the morning sickness starts, as well as my pounding migraine. now my stomachs churning, I'm nauseous, and my head hurts like h*ll. ow!
9:30 (about 10 minutes ago) took more Tylenol, got the migraine down to a dull pounding, and wrote this. gonna go nap now. aka, what have I accomplished? nothing.

i'm Opal, and i'm:
married to DH
prisoner of .
proud CDing mama
a breastfeeding mama
and co-sleeping
well, that's me!
Old 08-03-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2anna View Post
meowmix- thanks, Anna's better today, though not 100%, and I slept till 8. but I'm still tired.

well, this morning I woke-up, and realized 2 things: 1, I had a terrible headache, and 2, my sister was driving over from prince Edward island with her twin 9 month olds, her 4 year old, and her 10 year old to stay with us. for 5 days. I'm gonna die!!!!! so I called DH, and he came in, so I asked him if he could keep Joan (that's my sister's name) and her kids occupied, and say that I'm sick. "why?" he asked. "because I am sick. and pregnant. and tired." so he took Anna and put her on the couch while I slept a bit more.
9:00 am: I woke p and opened my eyes, trying to get through what had gone from a terrible headache to a full blown migraine. kitchensqueen, I feel your pain. so, I called DH again, and whined, and asked for some Tylenol, which he brought. 2 pills later...
9:15 am: and now the morning sickness starts, as well as my pounding migraine. now my stomachs churning, I'm nauseous, and my head hurts like h*ll. ow!
9:30 (about 10 minutes ago) took more Tylenol, got the migraine down to a dull pounding, and wrote this. gonna go nap now. aka, what have I accomplished? nothing.
Well, I might say you're accomplishing a lot right now: the arduous task of growing a baby. Hugs to you and hope your migraine goes away soon.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

All of these headaches everyone is having are bad news. Hopefully that means we're getting all of the bad health out of the way at the beginning of the month.

Busy day of running around and house work here -

- Dropped husband off at work for a day shift.
- Attempted to go to Michaels and Dollar Tree, but apparently they don't open until 10 on Sundays.
- Stopped at Whole Foods (actually open) for bar soap.
- Came home and got Little Man and I a snack.
- Cleared some expired (whoops, hate when that happens!) stuff out of the fridge and pantry.
- Took out the trash and recycling.
- Snuggled with Little Man and watched Wild Kratts on PBS.
- Went out to Dollar Tree for Sunday papers (pretty good coupon week) and also picked up Pop-Tarts for $0.25 per box with coupons and found some hummus snack packs and grabbed a few for our next camping trip.
- Came home and got lunch.
- Put Little Man down for a nap.

My in laws are coming by later this afternoon to spend some time, and also to watch Little Man so husband and I can see a movie when he gets off work. So, I have some cleaning to do -

- Clean the bathroom.
- Put away clean dishes from the dishwasher.
- Tidy the kitchen.
- Sweep and spot clean the kitchen floor.
- Clean the stupid glass side tables.
- Vacuum.
- Organize the crap piled up on the floor in the master closet.
- Do a few loads of laundry.
- Clip and organize coupons.
- Figure out what to make for dinner.

So really, I guess I should get off my butt...

Old 08-03-2014, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Yep Opal sounds like you're working hard at growing that baby today! I hope that migraine feels better. Have you had enough water? If I'm bad about not drinking enough water I get massive headaches.

Kitchenqueen enjoy your movie night! Dh and I never get time like that. We don't have any sitters. Maybe one day

Well I haven't accomplished much today but I did do a short morning workout! For me that's huge! Folded and put up all the laundry. Did some dishes. Of course feed kiddos (and me this time!). The rest of the day is just going to be random cleaning/decluttering. I've got to put the carseats and car back together from cleaning it out yesterday - all the stuff was in the wash last night. After that I need to load some of this donation stuff into the car so it can be dropped off when we go to town. That's about it for today. I decided not to make any big plans

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
Old 08-03-2014, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyms View Post
Kitchenqueen enjoy your movie night! Dh and I never get time like that. We don't have any sitters. Maybe one day
Thanks! We're usually in the same boat, so we get to go out to movie maybe twice a year. We live about an hour from both my in laws and sister, so it's not an easy thing to arrange.

Miraculously, I mustered some energy and started the laundry and tackled the master closet. It only took me twenty minutes to organize the gift box, gift wrappings and random crap sitting on the floor. Discovered that we are all set for Little Man's birthday gifts, and have a good head start on Christmas. Half of my niece's Christmas gifts are all done too. I have basically everything I need for Little Man's birthday too. Glad I took the time to sort through it all! And I discovered that we have almost a full box of school supplies to donate this fall, and as a head start on the Operation Christmas Child shoe box donations we do every year. Win!

I do have a pile of camping food sitting on my bed now, because the rest of the camping gear is stored in Little Man's closet, so I'll have to put that away after he wakes up. Still have a bunch more to do, so I really should get back up again...

Old 08-03-2014, 07:22 PM

Hope everyone's feeling better, sounds like a tough day in several quarters here.

I cannot wait for the week to start so I can rest a little:

- got up and washed and hung a load of laundry out before the fog burned off this morning
- took my mother to Mass
- picked up a few groceries
- after running back home for my wallet
- got gas for the car
- grabbed breakfast
- chatted with mother
- scanned some forms for DS1
- natural food store for more groceries
- picked up DS2 at bus station
- number crunching on the computer
- fed people lunch
- asked DH to move-a-box in the attic, I realized my blanket chest is empty and will hold all my sewing things
- got rid of a plastic shoe box full of cards and letters
- made DS1 pop tarts
- built boxes for DS1 and GF2
- made dinner

Bed soon. Tomorrow I'm moving my sewing things over to the blanket chest and getting rid of one more box!

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), and an overachieving mother (1930). Married to DH since 1986.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix View Post
Well, I might say you're accomplishing a lot right now: the arduous task of growing a baby. Hugs to you and hope your migraine goes away soon.

so using that excuse on DH!

i'm Opal, and i'm:
married to DH
prisoner of .
proud CDing mama
a breastfeeding mama
and co-sleeping
well, that's me!
Old 08-04-2014, 01:00 PM

Today I fought my period and lost.

- dragged out of bed, showered, called doc for an appointment for DS2
- mailed DS1's and GF2's boxes at post office
- woke DS2 and dragged him to his appointment
- took recycling by the dump
- dropped off dry-cleaning -- waited while the employee there had her second bout of morning sickness of the day -- "this baby is *not* happy today"
- took a quick ride past our old house; they had cut down some trees and "filled in my mud pit!" (said DS2)
- home, made DS2 lunch
- read a little bit
- crashed for an unexpected nap, but feel better after having taken one
- put all my sewing things in my blanket chest
- started filling the corrugated box that used to hold my sewing things with donations

Thinking about lunch; it's 3:00 PM but I'm not really hungry. Maybe an errand with DS2 this afternoon, and I have a transportation subcommittee meeting this evening.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
crashed for an unexpected nap, but feel better after having taken one
Naps are so necessary to good health, despite what society and economists have to say on the matter...

Another headache today! Just can't get away from it. Sigh. I'm drinking water, trying to eat at regular intervals... all of that. Just cursed lately.

Worked from home today, so that was nice. Low key evening planned here. Need to -

- Make dinner.
- Pack lunch for work.
- Crash out and go to bed early.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Today I fought my period and lost.
We must be on the same cycle. You got much more accomplished than I did, though. Yesterday:
*Woke up late and my period had started and I felt like crap
*Worked for a bit
*Clicker trained badbordercollie
*Did some laundry
*Swept the living level
*Did more laundry
*Then read my book for, seriously, the rest of the day.
*Took a break from reading to help the kids film their movie (which involved making fake blood and dying in the street out front. lol)
*Made dinner in the rice cooker which wasnt ready by 8pm so had husband run out to get fast food for dinner. but now I don't have to cook tonight!
*Played Diablo and went to bed... too late again. Working on going to bed earlier tonight.

Today I:
*Woke up late again and didn't walk badbordercollie and felt awful about that.
*Wrangled and lost with the internet connection so couldn't work
*Clicker trained badbordercollie
*Took the kids to Guitar Center (son's fav place ever for the DJ gear)
*Took kids to cash in their reading log coupon for a free Rita's Italian Ice
*Got a training lead and treat pouch at the pet store
*Got home and took the dogs to the field and swimming! My newfie loves swimming but badbordercollie has always hated it. But today we threw the ball in and she dove right in and swam! And swam and swam and swam. omg. If that ball is in the water, she will swim. We were so excited because it's a good way to wear her out and both dogs can swim (my newfie can't walk 4+ miles like badbordercollie can so this way I can exercise both dogs).
*I just got home and managed to fix the internet and now I might work a bit and walk with my friend and, of course, the ever energetic badbordercollie.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
*Took a break from reading to help the kids film their movie (which involved making fake blood and dying in the street out front. lol)
Started laughing at this too hard not to post. Did the neighbors completely wig out??? What did you use for blood?

And yay for getting both dogs to swim!

Off to bookstore with DS2, more later.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Started laughing at this too hard not to post. Did the neighbors completely wig out??? What did you use for blood?

And yay for getting both dogs to swim!

Off to bookstore with DS2, more later.
LOL! I did kind of wonder what the neighbors thought! The kids made fake blood with flour, water, ketchup, some gross spoiled water flavoring drops we had (but hated so never used) and copious amounts of red food coloring. My role was to film DD1 in the house and then DD2 would scream bloody (pun intended!) murder and DD1 would run out of the house to find DD2 laying on the ground, all spattered in blood. DD2 did look quite a sight when I saw her! And the blood is still in the road.. so right next to my car looks like a crime scene. lolol. Luckily most people around us are used to seeing the kids in the street doing crazy things so this wasn't too weird.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

That Place That Shall Not Be Named happened. That place really tests my fortitude most days... After that -

- Played trains with Little Man.
- Made dinner.
- Tidied the kitchen.
- Did a spot of work after seeing a news story I wanted to share with my colleagues.

Now I need to do a bit more work, and watch old episodes of Downton Abbey. Quite the mix!

Old 08-05-2014, 07:33 PM

Period and depression trying to gang up on me. Had a chance to take some comfort measures, though:

- went to WalMart to get prescriptions and OTC meds for my mother
- went to our grocery store pharmacy to get Rx for DS2
- arranged a venue visit ahead of candidate forum
- purged; old newspapers with my father's obituary this time
- knee PT stretches
- emailed an online food vendor about a question with one of my orders
- took DS2 to a bookstore, where I found cute fun socks for GF1 and GF2
- made soup for dinner
- heated up a couple things for DS2
- online money stuff
- hung out with DS2 and DH, who is now on phone with DS1

My mother wants to go blueberry picking again tomorrow, so it's up and out early in the morning.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:50 PM

Dragging a little less today:

- up, showered, had breakfast, dropped mother at farm to pick blueberries
- did knee PT
- made scones
- retrieved mother
- read a little
- purged some old greeting cards
- consolidated donation box
- crunched numbers for budget this upcoming month
- made DS2 lunch
- made DS2 pizza from scratch
- made DH and myself dinner
- talked attic bookcases with DH

Didn't get down until midnight last night, so I'm planning to beat that this evening.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Dragging a little less today:
That's always a plus!

Fairly ordinary day here -

- Stopped at the store to pick up a few things.
- Made dinner.
- Spent time with Little Man.
- Looked through the mail, including a new book I received to review - I have half a dozen I need to get done for the blog...
- Did a spot of office work.
- Watched an episode of Downton Abbey.

I may watch another, then if I have any sense I'll go to bed.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:17 AM

Glad you were able to beat the depression and period monster, MariaMadly.

Yesterday wore my dog out (yes, I think my life is obsessed with dogs). Did I saw I talked my husband into another one? He agreed this summer wasn't a great time since summer is almost over- I like getting dogs when the kids are home from school to bond and help. But next summer he will consider it! Yay! I am insane, I know.

*Woke and walked badbordercollie her 3.5 miles.
*Trained badbordercollie. So far she knows sit, wait, down, up (stand on her hind legs), through (to weave between my legs) and gets the gist of "crawl" (to inch forward on her belly). Same dog who looks so well trained goes ballistic barking and carrying on whenever she sees another dog on our walks. And tries to ankle bite joggers. *sigh* LOL. My newfie knows drop it, leave it, sit, wait, down, paw and roll over. Badbordercollie also knows roll over from watching my newfie. But she doesn't know the command for it. So if she doesn't know what I want her to do, she will roll over by default. It's really cute. They both know "excuse me"; something I never taught but I always say if they are in my way and I need them to get up and move.
*Went to the free movie with kids and a friend
*Stopped at the store on the way home for dinner stuff
*Made lunch
*Worked a while
*Took DD1 to her riding lesson. While I was gone son and DD2 walked the dogs again.
*Came home and son had baked cookies! Showed him how to make a peanut butter frosting because he wanted to frost them
*Made dinner
*Quick training session with badbordercollie
*Took the dogs to the field with a friend and the kids. We all played ball, soccer, jogged around the field. badbordercollie is WORN OUT.

This morning I woke at 6am and badbordercollie was too worn out and she woke to greet me good morning when the alarm rang, then she lay down and went back to sleep. So I didn't walk her this morning. She is sore from the running at the field. She hauled herself up on the couch just now and zonked back out! So I guess no walk for me this morning.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Glad you were able to beat the depression and period monster, MariaMadly.

Yesterday wore my dog out (yes, I think my life is obsessed with dogs). Did I saw I talked my husband into another one? He agreed this summer wasn't a great time since summer is almost over- I like getting dogs when the kids are home from school to bond and help. But next summer he will consider it! Yay! I am insane, I know.

*Woke and walked badbordercollie her 3.5 miles.
*Trained badbordercollie. So far she knows sit, wait, down, up (stand on her hind legs), through (to weave between my legs) and gets the gist of "crawl" (to inch forward on her belly). Same dog who looks so well trained goes ballistic barking and carrying on whenever she sees another dog on our walks. And tries to ankle bite joggers. *sigh* LOL. My newfie knows drop it, leave it, sit, wait, down, paw and roll over. Badbordercollie also knows roll over from watching my newfie. But she doesn't know the command for it. So if she doesn't know what I want her to do, she will roll over by default. It's really cute. They both know "excuse me"; something I never taught but I always say if they are in my way and I need them to get up and move.
*Went to the free movie with kids and a friend
*Stopped at the store on the way home for dinner stuff
*Made lunch
*Worked a while
*Took DD1 to her riding lesson. While I was gone son and DD2 walked the dogs again.
*Came home and son had baked cookies! Showed him how to make a peanut butter frosting because he wanted to frost them
*Made dinner
*Quick training session with badbordercollie
*Took the dogs to the field with a friend and the kids. We all played ball, soccer, jogged around the field. badbordercollie is WORN OUT.

This morning I woke at 6am and badbordercollie was too worn out and she woke to greet me good morning when the alarm rang, then she lay down and went back to sleep. So I didn't walk her this morning. She is sore from the running at the field. She hauled herself up on the couch just now and zonked back out! So I guess no walk for me this morning.
Yay for another dog!

We used a cheerful "beep-beep!" with our Berner -- got the strangest looks when other people heard us say it and saw her get up and move.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post
Naps are so necessary to good health, despite what society and economists have to say on the matter...

Another headache today! Just can't get away from it. Sigh. I'm drinking water, trying to eat at regular intervals... all of that. Just cursed lately.

Worked from home today, so that was nice. Low key evening planned here. Need to -

- Make dinner.
- Pack lunch for work.
- Crash out and go to bed early.
aw, poor you! what does little man think about your headaches? feeling better today, and keeping morning sickness at a minimum,and i'm planning on going to Truro this afternoon (about a half hours drive alone, if i wasn't pregnant, and, considering i'm pregnant and have a 2 year old, really an hour/hour and a half.) and going swimming at this new rec center they have there, complete with a slide, and whirl pool (ok, so the whirl pool is in the kids pool, but still), stopping at the library there, and visiting a friend.

for now, it's 10:24 am, and this is what I've done:
7:00 am: got up, showered with Anna
7:30 am: dried off got dressed, nursed Anna, and felt like a fat cow (mooternity clothes here i come!)
8:30 am: read Anna a morning story
9:00 am: washed last nights dishes
9:30 am: helped DH by entertaining Anna while he (god bless his sole) made breakfast
10:00 am: changed Anna, had her do potty time (sitting on her potty without a diaper while i read her potty book to her).
10:15 am: set the table, put Anna in her high chair. realized breakfast wasn't ready, took Anna out of her high chair and walked to the park with her in her stroller.
well, im writing this on my iPad at the park (i know, im bad) while Anna plays in the grass. well, she wants to go on the swings ow, so i gotta go. be back later, to say what happened later.

i'm Opal, and i'm:
married to DH
prisoner of .
proud CDing mama
a breastfeeding mama
and co-sleeping
well, that's me!
Old 08-07-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Yay for another dog!

We used a cheerful "beep-beep!" with our Berner -- got the strangest looks when other people heard us say it and saw her get up and move.
LOLOL. That is like the cutest thing EVER.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2anna View Post
aw, poor you! what does little man think about your headaches?
Honestly, I make it so he's not really aware of them. Most of the time I just soldier on. Since I have lupus, I make an extra effort to be okay in front of him - I don't want him to look back on his childhood and have his presiding memory being of mommy being sick all the time.

Fairly ordinary day here -

- Left work 45 minutes early because my back was hurting and I couldn't sit in an office chair any longer.
- Went to the library with husband and Little Man after work.
- Made dinner.
- Worked on the grocery list a bit.

And now I'm sitting. Downton Abbey and early to bed.

User Tag List