I'm pissed at myself! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-25-2004, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am really mad at myself for not trusting my instincts. Austin is sick now and I instinctually knew he was and didn't trust myself. he has been really warm yesterday and today and tonight, when I was at my house (we are staying at my parents') painting, I had this thought like, I am not spending enough time with Austin, he is not getting the right care from me, I think he's getting sick and I'm not there for him! Well, I got home and my mom, dad, and dh were all like, Austin has a fever, we didn't know what to do, we gave him tylenol and put him to bed, you should take his temp, etc. Our phone is unplugged right now since they are doing the floors where the jacks are and I couldn't be reached.

Stupid!!! I knew he was hot today and he has been cranky for two days. I just thought it was the sudden spike in temperature and humidity. I know I shouldn't beat myself up, but he's upstairs fitfully sleeping/sweating and I feel like shit!!! I need to go and be with him. I don't know what to do, though for him? let him sleep?

treehugger.gif Bex -- Single, hardworking mama to reading.gif DS (11), love.gif DD (7), & flowerkitty.gif Lars (13)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2004, 01:17 AM

Bex

We all have times like this. Remember Hunter's appendicits? I thought it was a minor tummy ache from to much cake.:LOL

You are great and loving mama. Let him sleep and try to get water down him.

Tamera hearts.gifwife to Rod moon.gif Mama to Ty jammin.gif Nathan Peace.gif Hunter bikenew.gifMila energy.gifAndrew sleepytime.gif Kyle REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif& our last baby # 7 due June 2011 1sttri.gif We homeschool.gif  nocirc.gifcd.gif  h20homebirth.gif
Old 05-25-2004, 01:56 AM

Let the kiddo sleep. The fever is his buddy right now... killin' those icky bugs (that's what my kids say!). As for not trusting your instincts, we've all done that, girl! Once, my boy Duncan was sick... REALLY sick. He ended up in the hospital with double pneumonia for a week. Poor baby. I felt like sh*t. BTDT.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ya'll. He still seems warm this a.m. but not as hot as yesterday. He slept well, I slept with him and felt better about feeling so bad. I am grateful that you guys could share your experiences with me, they made me feel like I'm not alone. I'll be glad when I can concentrate on being only a mama again. Not a painter, or contractor, or repair woman. Not that those are bad professions, I just choose to be a mama! Love you, ladies!

treehugger.gif Bex -- Single, hardworking mama to reading.gif DS (11), love.gif DD (7), & flowerkitty.gif Lars (13)

User Tag List