Who else here is a slob (and I mean that in the nicest possible way)? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-26-2004, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a slob, as my IRL MDC friends who have been to my house will tell you. I would actually LOVE to live in a tidy house, I just don't want to have to be the person to clean it. I need a cleaning lady. My husband luckily doesn't seem to notice. We just have too much STUFF. Our house is only 1000 sq ft. I do the dishes daily, but I dont do the dinner dishes until the next morning. I am pretty good about laundry, but only because I don't want more cockroach eggs in my dry pail (it was only 4 days.. HONEST!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2004, 08:11 PM

I'm glad that "flame" post turned out to be a joke!

Seriously, I have had it with the trolls today and I'm paranoid now that one of them will come in here and seriously flame us.

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

Old 05-26-2004, 09:27 PM

I have so much in common with you guys it makes me want to weep!

You girls need to watch BBC (the real one not BBC America LOL). They have 2 really great shows called "Houses Behaving Badly" and "Life Laundry". They motivate me for... oh about FIVE minutes!

We don't even have that much stuff. It is really rather pathetic. I also vacuum around, go on a laundry bonanza, push clothes out of the way to sit on the sofa. I am doing it RIGHT now. DH is no better. I need to reform.

My tribe of messies... I've found you!

A good site I like and would like to use:

www.mymessyhouse.com

Love it.

Olivia
Old 05-26-2004, 11:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OK, that would be me - except for the banana stuck to the floor! (We have a dog who eats everything that lands down there) Fortunately, I have the best DH in the world (who just made me the most delicious gin & tonic BTW). He cleans up after me even better than the dog! Sometimes I get in a cleaning mood & when I do I clean like a whirling demon - like I use a toothbrush to get into the tiny spots.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:08 AM

We love our crap. We have lots, and lots of cool crap from several countries.

Daednu, that cracked me up! We love our crap here, too! Our kids love their crap even more than dh and I love ours.

I am enjoying this thread so much--laughing until I'm crying because my house is so cluttered. Part of me hates it, but it is so frustrating to get interrupted 92 times an hour that I don't even bother unless there's an overwhelming reason to do something (read: someone is coming over). I usually don't see my children's requests as "interruptions" if I'm not so busy trying to clean and organize! So, cleaning is evil, right?

"Housework, if done correctly, will kill you."

I want that for my sig line!!
Old 05-27-2004, 12:17 AM

She said she thinks mothers do a disservice to each other by pretending to live in a clean/decluttered home. Makes the rest of us normal people feel guilty. LOL

Oh, boy, I agree. I know I feel comfortable with someone when I don't have to go on an insane cleaning spree when she is coming over.

Wish we messies could have a code so we'd know ahead of time we didn't have to clean.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:51 PM

you know your a slob when you eat over the sink b/c all the dishes are dirty... DH is doing it right now.

Olivia
Old 05-29-2004, 06:15 PM

Yeh my house is really bad AND I find it hard to live with. I even cry sometimes as I spend so much time each day washing dishes and laundry and my house gets worse and I don't feel I'm paying attention to the kids. The only way we escape this is by going out which we do lots. I NEVER have people round as there is no where to sit and I HATE IT.......have ordered flylady book and am starting a de-cluttering session soon. Thing is we have 1 downstairs room and 2 bedrooms between us so there is a lot of stuff and not much room
Old 05-30-2004, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAida
It's funny. I keep the bedrooms very clean, but the living room and kitchen/dining room are always a disaster.
I'm the opposite: bedrooms, shmedrooms. We do a lot of dressing out of laundry baskets. But the public areas of the house, those I pick up.

Also, I make a serious distinction between "mess" and "dirt." Mess, clutter, who cares? Things that smell/breed nastiness? Gotta go. Therefore, kitchen, bathroom, laundry are always done.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:15 PM

A good friend of mine says that her sister has many pets and evidentally, their feces is all over their house and they infrequently clean it up...and they have 7 children running, playing, crawling in that house!

So I want to say that I don't think you're a true slob until you have big, steaming piles of crap rotting on your floor :LOL
Old 03-30-2005, 11:40 PM

I'm a MAJOR slob!!!!!! In fact my roommate who just got home from out of town is behind me cleaning up and berating me for my messiness as I write, and I am whining and begging her to clean me a pot so I can cook myself spaghetti, as I hate getting my hands wet and dirty doing dishes.

I spent two hours looking for my daughter's health card the other night - it is officially missing in action. Diaper covers that have been dry since yesterday line the gate surrounding our fireplace, my clothes are on one couch and two chairs, and my baby can't walk in my room because it's so messy.

I am a great cook, and a great mama, but I simply. cannot. clean.

ETA: We also have a super-shedder yellow lab and a piece of vacuum, so you can imagine...
Old 03-30-2005, 11:45 PM

I am a total slob! I'm lazy, so I don't put things away when I'm done with them, and I hate cleaning - its so boring and it just needs to be redone like 10 minutes later. BAH!

Luckily I'm married to a wonderful DH who puts up with it or cleans it himself (I do try though!)

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
Old 03-30-2005, 11:51 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I was just thinking that instead of being on MDC I should at least put a load of dishes in the dishwasher,start a load of laundrey and at vacum the visible rooms... :LOL

That is not ever mentioning the dusting,mopping ect...that really needs some of my attention...I guess between working fulltime,homeschooling,paying attention to my kid and 5 cats and fixing meals they are low on the totum right now... :

Glad to know I am not the only slob here.....

Well I guess I should get off and at least cook dinner...

Love Mylie xx
Old 03-30-2005, 11:55 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahappymel
A good friend of mine says that her sister has many pets and evidentally, their feces is all over their house and they infrequently clean it up...and they have 7 children running, playing, crawling in that house!

So I want to say that I don't think you're a true slob until you have big, steaming piles of crap rotting on your floor :LOL

:Puke :Puke

Yeah....that is gross and nasty...That is one thing I do make sure of...The cat box gets cleaned every other day....
Old 03-30-2005, 11:59 PM

Hello my messy friends!! So glad to come out of hiding on this one. I can repeat all of what has already been said!
Off to find clean pajamas for the babe......
Old 03-31-2005, 12:40 AM
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahappymel

Well! I try to keep it at standards the Board of Health wouldn't evict us for!

However, I am a slob a heart, but find the mess depresses me.

I need a maid!
Old 03-31-2005, 01:18 AM

It's funny that this thread has been resurrected from last year, as I posted about my daughter's slobbiness in the preteen/teen forum earlier this afternoon.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=267500

These posts have put things into perspective for me, mamas!
Old 03-31-2005, 01:29 AM

May I join you, fellow slobs?

My entire house is a disaster, and it goes on the market in TWO WEEKS. :

I have two Momfriends coming over for a visit on Friday. Their crawlers will motivate me to clean the downstairs.

My Mom is coming to help us clean on Saturday. I'll probably clean all night before she gets here. She's a neatnik.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:53 AM

:

:
Old 04-04-2005, 06:38 PM

It's almost a year later, my baby is coming up on his first birthday, and I AM STILL A SLOB. Cleaning depresses me. Seriously. As soon as you get everything sparkling, it just gets messed up again anyway. What's the point? Sigh.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:18 AM

Well, I've been living w/ parents since Thanksgiving, and it has really helped me get into a cleaning rhythm! I can't believe it!! I think it really really helps that Lily is older and can play w/ James so I don't have her attached to my hip all the time (or breast is more like it!). I've also just become more disciplined to do the little things, like pick up the clothes I see in the hallway, put dishes in the sink, make sure things food-related are put away before bed. I'm sure my FIL would think it's a disaster, but to me this is clean! I really hope I'm able to keep this up. I feel so much better about myself. Honestly! I really struggle w/ being disciplined in all areas of life pretty much, so my sloppiness is the outward expression of it, I think. Doesn't help that dh doesn't clean up after himself and we're both hopeless procrastinators!!

Just wanted to say that there is hope! Once baby isn't so needy and you feel more up to it (and hopefully have everyone else in the house helping out!) things can get better!!

BTW, have y'all seen the "how clean is your house" series on Lifetime?! Gives me hope that there are WORSE people out there!!

User Tag List