Hair cuts/Hair styles? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-01-2004, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have naturally curly and frizzy hair and it's long... past my shoulders. On Friday I have a scheduled appointment to do something with this mess. Does anyone know of online sites for hairstyle ideas or anything like that?

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#2 of 7 Old 06-01-2004, 03:12 PM

Go to a bookstore or grocery store and look for the Hairstyles magazine. they have different ones and usually cover different hair types.
#3 of 7 Old 06-01-2004, 03:17 PM

i don't know of any websites or anything, but i'm always looking in magazines when i want a haircut. i have curly, thick hair too, so i always (whether short or long) get mine cut with lots of layers and sometimes thinned out with a razor. it just looks so much better when you don't have that triangle-head thing going on!
#4 of 7 Old 06-01-2004, 03:35 PM

I rented the Cosmopolitan make-over software from my local library. It was only $2.00 for a week's rental.
You upload a picture of yourself and then try on different hairstyles/colors.
It was entertaining at the very least
#5 of 7 Old 06-01-2004, 05:15 PM

I have curly / frizzy fine hair too. MY guy (who is obscenely expensive btw) cuts my hair dry!!! He says that is the only way to cut curly hair so that you know how the hair curls. He cut it shorter and lighted it up so that I don't have the triangle look or the frizzys. The curls aren't weighed down anymore either where its straight on the top and the curls only show at the bottom. I love him! Now if we could only change that $95 fee....... :
#6 of 7 Old 06-01-2004, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkie&Cookie
I have curly / frizzy fine hair too. MY guy (who is obscenely expensive btw) cuts my hair dry!!! He says that is the only way to cut curly hair so that you know how the hair curls. He cut it shorter and lighted it up so that I don't have the triangle look or the frizzys. The curls aren't weighed down anymore either where its straight on the top and the curls only show at the bottom. I love him! Now if we could only change that $95 fee....... :
Wow! I've never heard of cutting it dry. My sister is a beautician and styles my hair. The bad thing is that I'm usually not into anything drastic and I don't like to spend a lot of time on my hair. But, I want something easy and fun this time around.

I went to the grocery store and bought a hairstyle magazine. There are some cute cuts in there that I think I could get away with.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#7 of 7 Old 06-01-2004, 09:35 PM

Have you ever looked here? http://naturallycurly2.com/home/index.php Some interesting things to check out!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page