My Best friends Mom passed away - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 06-10-2004, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Mamas,
I just wanted to know if you all could send some uplifting and healing energy towards my friend.

She is an incredible woman who would (and has) sacrificed anything and everything for her parents. She was never able to have children so she has devoted alot of her adult years to her mom and dad. They have an amazing family unit that I have always been very envious of.

Two weeks ago she took her mom to the hospital for some tests because she had not been feeling well (exhausted all the time, no appetite, etc). They found a mass on her liver and did a biopsy.

One week later they got the results back and it was inoperable liver cancer I felt so horrible when my friend called me with the news. She always holds it together but she was really falling apart. I felt helpless but just wanted to be there for her in anyway she needed me.

Yesterday it was one week since the results came back and she passed away while in her daughters arms. I know as a mother that I couldnt think of a better way to go than in the arms of my baby...no matter how old they are. I believe her mama felt safe enough in her arms to finally let go of the pain. My friend is an incredible daughter. Now she has to be strong for her dad.

It all just happened so fast and all I can do now is send the most uplifting vibes I can muster up for her....so all the help I can get , the better.

Thanks friends!!!

I know I can always count on you guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-10-2004, 03:44 PM

s to you and your friend and her family. WOW that is a heavy load. Many blessings and love to you all.
#3 of 4 Old 06-10-2004, 03:45 PM

...lighting a candle & saying a prayer for your friend...

to you for being there for her...

#4 of 4 Old 06-10-2004, 04:00 PM

I will definately be thinking healing thoughts for your friend. Just reading that brought so many memories back for me...... 2 1/2 years ago, I lost my father to liver cancer/kidney failure. I was holding his hand as he passed, and it was exactly one week from the day he entered the hospital until he passed. Your friend will always treasure the fact that she was holding her mother for the last minutes of her time on earth.....how reasuring for her mother.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page