Car Parking question - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-31-2011, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I started reading this thread not realizing that it was several years old.. and it took me a few posts to realize what was really intended by the OP- maybe I am just dense but I totally didn't get it. How did everyone catch on so quickly?

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2011, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMamacita View Post

So, I started reading this thread not realizing that it was several years old.. and it took me a few posts to realize what was really intended by the OP- maybe I am just dense but I totally didn't get it. How did everyone catch on so quickly?

It's one of the "famous" MDC threads. So it gets around!

Old 07-31-2011, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

It was, to a certain degree, one of those "you had to be there" moments.  Imagine a time when the 20 threads that made the first page of Talk Amongst Ourselves changed every few minutes, rather than every few weeks.  A topic would start and someone would get an idea for another topic and start another thread... that would spark someone else's imagination... and so on.  I don't specifically recall the night this thread started... but I can promise you, it wasn't started in a vacuum! 

Old 08-01-2011, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kama'aina mama View Post

It was, to a certain degree, one of those "you had to be there" moments.  Imagine a time when the 20 threads that made the first page of Talk Amongst Ourselves changed every few minutes, rather than every few weeks.  A topic would start and someone would get an idea for another topic and start another thread... that would spark someone else's imagination... and so on.  I don't specifically recall the night this thread started... but I can promise you, it wasn't started in a vacuum! 

sigh. to the good ol' days, when all garages needed parking and there were service chickens in every cart! champagne.gif

Old 08-01-2011, 08:17 AM

my poor dh.  he couldn't understand why i was in tears from laughing so hard when he decided to have a convo with me about how our garage was "REALLY" a two car garage but that i was so awful at parking i took up too much space.  and how there was much more room in there than i thought. 

and all i could think about was this thread.  and i couldn't stop laughing.  and he had NO IDEA WHY.  there was also talk of touching the tennis ball.  oh my god.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

Old 08-01-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildare View Post

my poor dh.  he couldn't understand why i was in tears from laughing so hard when he decided to have a convo with me about how our garage was "REALLY" a two car garage but that i was so awful at parking i took up too much space.  and how there was much more room in there than i thought. 

and all i could think about was this thread.  and i couldn't stop laughing.  and he had NO IDEA WHY.  there was also talk of touching the tennis ball.  oh my god.

ROTFLMAO.gif

Old 08-05-2011, 06:55 PM

biglaugh.gif

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
Old 08-05-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kama'aina mama View Post

ok that makes sense.. thanks!

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

Old 11-24-2012, 11:49 AM

Bumping another one of my all time favorite MDC threads for old times sake!

Old 11-24-2012, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
This is hilarious!
Old 11-24-2012, 02:05 PM

ive been here for a long time, and ive never seen this thread.... how is that possible???? lol

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
Old 11-24-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyhaugh View Post

ive been here for a long time, and ive never seen this thread.... how is that possible???? lol

I'm glad you got to see it!  It's an MDC classic!

Old 11-24-2012, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I saw this thread on the recent activity area in august 2011, but had no idea what it was about! Guess I should have looked at it sooner!

DH gets a little too excited about parking the car and crashes in to the garage door. It would be nice if he pressed the garage opener first! winky.gif  lol.gif

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

Old 11-24-2012, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Turns out the cute little car we built together in garage was too big to fit through the garage door once it was finished, so it tore the door jam quite a bit. Dh got a bit too much of an eye full of *that* particular destruction.  Even though I had a really great contractor putting things back together, poor dh was a little traumatized for a while. It took me a while to figure out why he was so afraid to park the damn car. After all, I was at the other end of the house, I never saw the repairs being done. 

Someone moved my effing cheese.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:

It was the olden days where we had to be a bit more circumspect, and I think we had a lot of innuendo stuff flying around at the time.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post

Turns out the cute little car we built together in garage was too big to fit through the garage door once it was finished, so it tore the door jam quite a bit. Dh got a bit too much of an eye full of *that* particular destruction.  Even though I had a really great contractor putting things back together, poor dh was a little traumatized for a while. It took me a while to figure out why he was so afraid to park the damn car. After all, I was at the other end of the house, I never saw the repairs being done. 

ROTFLMAO.gif

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
Old 11-25-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamapigeon View Post

I saw this thread on the recent activity area in august 2011, but had no idea what it was about! Guess I should have looked at it sooner!

DH gets a little too excited about parking the car and crashes in to the garage door. It would be nice if he pressed the garage opener first! winky.gif  lol.gif

lol.gif  Hate when that happens.  Sometimes you need to oil the hinges to get the door open when it hasn't been used in awhile. 

Old 11-25-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post

biglaugh.gif

Old 11-25-2012, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

spitdrink.gif

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

Old 11-26-2012, 08:47 AM

Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

My garage hasn't been used in so long, the cobwebs have their own address. I lost the automatic opener years ago.

Somehow, this ties into the crunchier-than-thou thread, but I am not sure exactly how...

BTW, thank you for resurrecting my 2 all-time favorite threads!

Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

Old 11-26-2012, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarhu View Post

Somehow, this ties into the crunchier-than-thou thread, but I am not sure exactly how...

The car's spare tire is intact.  Dh uses only organic wax to polish the car, from free-range palm trees that willingly gave up their oils.  He spent a lot of time waxing the car after ds was born.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:35 AM

This is the first time I've seen this thread.  So glad I found it!  ROTFLMAO.gif

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

User Tag List