Car Parking question - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2011, 02:26 PM
 
MadiMamacita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 3,878
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I started reading this thread not realizing that it was several years old.. and it took me a few posts to realize what was really intended by the OP- maybe I am just dense but I totally didn't get it. How did everyone catch on so quickly?

 treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

 
 

MadiMamacita is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-31-2011, 07:48 PM
 
QueenOfTheMeadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: with the wildlife
Posts: 17,836
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMamacita View Post

So, I started reading this thread not realizing that it was several years old.. and it took me a few posts to realize what was really intended by the OP- maybe I am just dense but I totally didn't get it. How did everyone catch on so quickly?

It's one of the "famous" MDC threads. So it gets around!

 
QueenOfTheMeadow is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 10:21 PM
 
kama'aina mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Watching Top Chef, eating Top Ramen
Posts: 19,143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMamacita View Post

So, I started reading this thread not realizing that it was several years old.. and it took me a few posts to realize what was really intended by the OP- maybe I am just dense but I totally didn't get it. How did everyone catch on so quickly?


It was, to a certain degree, one of those "you had to be there" moments.  Imagine a time when the 20 threads that made the first page of Talk Amongst Ourselves changed every few minutes, rather than every few weeks.  A topic would start and someone would get an idea for another topic and start another thread... that would spark someone else's imagination... and so on.  I don't specifically recall the night this thread started... but I can promise you, it wasn't started in a vacuum! 

 

kama'aina mama is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 04:25 AM
 
QueenOfTheMeadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: with the wildlife
Posts: 17,836
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kama'aina mama View Post




It was, to a certain degree, one of those "you had to be there" moments.  Imagine a time when the 20 threads that made the first page of Talk Amongst Ourselves changed every few minutes, rather than every few weeks.  A topic would start and someone would get an idea for another topic and start another thread... that would spark someone else's imagination... and so on.  I don't specifically recall the night this thread started... but I can promise you, it wasn't started in a vacuum! 

 


sigh. to the good ol' days, when all garages needed parking and there were service chickens in every cart! champagne.gif

 
QueenOfTheMeadow is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 08:17 AM
 
hildare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: in-the-sticks-off-a-dirt-road, GA
Posts: 2,680
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my poor dh.  he couldn't understand why i was in tears from laughing so hard when he decided to have a convo with me about how our garage was "REALLY" a two car garage but that i was so awful at parking i took up too much space.  and how there was much more room in there than i thought. 

and all i could think about was this thread.  and i couldn't stop laughing.  and he had NO IDEA WHY.  there was also talk of touching the tennis ball.  oh my god.


Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

hildare is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 11:09 AM
 
QueenOfTheMeadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: with the wildlife
Posts: 17,836
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hildare View Post

my poor dh.  he couldn't understand why i was in tears from laughing so hard when he decided to have a convo with me about how our garage was "REALLY" a two car garage but that i was so awful at parking i took up too much space.  and how there was much more room in there than i thought. 

and all i could think about was this thread.  and i couldn't stop laughing.  and he had NO IDEA WHY.  there was also talk of touching the tennis ball.  oh my god.


ROTFLMAO.gif

 
QueenOfTheMeadow is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 06:55 PM
 
Emmeline II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

biglaugh.gif


"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
Emmeline II is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 07:11 PM
 
MadiMamacita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 3,878
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kama'aina mama View Post




It was, to a certain degree, one of those "you had to be there" moments.  Imagine a time when the 20 threads that made the first page of Talk Amongst Ourselves changed every few minutes, rather than every few weeks.  A topic would start and someone would get an idea for another topic and start another thread... that would spark someone else's imagination... and so on.  I don't specifically recall the night this thread started... but I can promise you, it wasn't started in a vacuum! 

 


ok that makes sense.. thanks!

 treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

 
 

MadiMamacita is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 11:49 AM
 
QueenOfTheMeadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: with the wildlife
Posts: 17,836
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Bumping another one of my all time favorite MDC threads for old times sake!


 
QueenOfTheMeadow is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 12:38 PM
 
One_Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
This is hilarious!
One_Girl is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 02:05 PM
 
ashleyhaugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 4,315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ive been here for a long time, and ive never seen this thread.... how is that possible???? lol

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
ashleyhaugh is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 02:35 PM
 
QueenOfTheMeadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: with the wildlife
Posts: 17,836
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyhaugh View Post

ive been here for a long time, and ive never seen this thread.... how is that possible???? lol

 I'm glad you got to see it!  It's an MDC classic!


 
QueenOfTheMeadow is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 04:43 PM
 
mamapigeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I saw this thread on the recent activity area in august 2011, but had no idea what it was about! Guess I should have looked at it sooner!

 

DH gets a little too excited about parking the car and crashes in to the garage door. It would be nice if he pressed the garage opener first! winky.gif  lol.gif


tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

 

 angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

mamapigeon is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 05:59 PM
 
journeymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Having a Gilly Water with McGonagall
Posts: 7,417
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Turns out the cute little car we built together in garage was too big to fit through the garage door once it was finished, so it tore the door jam quite a bit. Dh got a bit too much of an eye full of *that* particular destruction.  Even though I had a really great contractor putting things back together, poor dh was a little traumatized for a while. It took me a while to figure out why he was so afraid to park the damn car. After all, I was at the other end of the house, I never saw the repairs being done. 


Someone moved my effing cheese.
journeymom is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter
 
Viola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nevada
Posts: 22,549
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMamacita View Post

So, I started reading this thread not realizing that it was several years old.. and it took me a few posts to realize what was really intended by the OP- maybe I am just dense but I totally didn't get it. How did everyone catch on so quickly?

 

It was the olden days where we had to be a bit more circumspect, and I think we had a lot of innuendo stuff flying around at the time.

Viola is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 01:13 PM
 
IdentityCrisisMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,680
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post

Turns out the cute little car we built together in garage was too big to fit through the garage door once it was finished, so it tore the door jam quite a bit. Dh got a bit too much of an eye full of *that* particular destruction.  Even though I had a really great contractor putting things back together, poor dh was a little traumatized for a while. It took me a while to figure out why he was so afraid to park the damn car. After all, I was at the other end of the house, I never saw the repairs being done. 

ROTFLMAO.gif


Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
IdentityCrisisMama is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 02:07 PM
 
QueenOfTheMeadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: with the wildlife
Posts: 17,836
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamapigeon View Post

I saw this thread on the recent activity area in august 2011, but had no idea what it was about! Guess I should have looked at it sooner!

 

DH gets a little too excited about parking the car and crashes in to the garage door. It would be nice if he pressed the garage opener first! winky.gif  lol.gif

 lol.gif  Hate when that happens.  Sometimes you need to oil the hinges to get the door open when it hasn't been used in awhile. 


 
QueenOfTheMeadow is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 02:07 PM
 
QueenOfTheMeadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: with the wildlife
Posts: 17,836
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post

Turns out the cute little car we built together in garage was too big to fit through the garage door once it was finished, so it tore the door jam quite a bit. Dh got a bit too much of an eye full of *that* particular destruction.  Even though I had a really great contractor putting things back together, poor dh was a little traumatized for a while. It took me a while to figure out why he was so afraid to park the damn car. After all, I was at the other end of the house, I never saw the repairs being done. 

 biglaugh.gif


 
QueenOfTheMeadow is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 04:36 PM
 
zebra15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 4,747
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

spitdrink.gif


Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

zebra15 is online now  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:47 AM
 
mamarhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Posts: 3,064
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

My garage hasn't been used in so long, the cobwebs have their own address. I lost the automatic opener years ago.

 

Somehow, this ties into the crunchier-than-thou thread, but I am not sure exactly how...

 

BTW, thank you for resurrecting my 2 all-time favorite threads!
 


Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

mamarhu is online now  
Old 11-26-2012, 09:23 AM
 
journeymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Having a Gilly Water with McGonagall
Posts: 7,417
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarhu View Post

Somehow, this ties into the crunchier-than-thou thread, but I am not sure exactly how...

 

The car's spare tire is intact.  Dh uses only organic wax to polish the car, from free-range palm trees that willingly gave up their oils.  He spent a lot of time waxing the car after ds was born.


Someone moved my effing cheese.
journeymom is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:35 AM
 
DaughterOfKali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 12,203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is the first time I've seen this thread.  So glad I found it!  ROTFLMAO.gif


Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

DaughterOfKali is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off