Unwanted advice - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-15-2004, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You know, I hate when people who know I dont parent the way they do butt in with advice. Yesterday I had to leave work to make sure Isaac was okay after the sitter called to say that April had been mean to him all day and he was crying and she could not comfort him or get him to eat. So, I go back and explain that lately my dd has been mean to her brother. Pulling his hair, kicking him and pushing him over when he is on the floor. So, the girl proceeds to tell me that I should do it back to her right away when she does it to ds. I told her no I did not think it would work. I was trying to tell her I did not think it a nice technique without coming out and saying I think it abusive, buuuut she keeps going on and says "No, REALLY you should do it, she will think before she is mean to him if you do it to her every time." THis was where I wanted to slap her. It is one thing to say, hey try this, but when I say I do not use said method, I expect to be respected. When she decided to not even bother trying to bf this time, I was soo sad for her baby but I did not say, No you REALLY should because of x,y and z. Though I REALLY wnated to. But she already had info I had given her and if that did not sway her, nothing will. I have other issues with this girl, but I try to ignore her, and it is getting alot harder to do lately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-15-2004, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
speaking of , the other day at work dd's day camp teacher says that children that co-sleep with their parents are "damaged" and she's never had any children. it is not so much the unsolicited advice that gets me , it is making comments like the one above. i just nod and listen.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page