Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Talk Amongst Ourselves (http://www.mothering.com/forum/16-talk-amongst-ourselves/)
-   -   What's for dinner? (http://www.mothering.com/forum/16-talk-amongst-ourselves/189075-what-s-dinner.html)

Yinsum 09-01-2004 10:49 AM

Seriously, I need some ideas. I need short and simple, not big on meat- no pork or red meat. But we just moved. I'm still unpacking a little each day. I'm tired. The munchkins might attack if I feed them spaghetti one more night :

Yinsum 09-01-2004 06:29 PM

ok so nobody is eating today? That's ok I'm throwng chicken broccoli and some cheesey sauce in a pan. I should through in some spaghetti just for the fun of it

warriorprincess 09-01-2004 06:31 PM

Frittata and some garlic bread, easy, tasty and filling.

mamaley 09-01-2004 06:47 PM

i would answer but i have no idea!

crunchymomma 09-01-2004 06:48 PM

Chicken wraps. My dh makes them. Very simple, very tasty. Cut chicken into strips, cook in pan with your choice of spices. Dh usually uses garlic and rosemary, sometimes adds onion flakes, I think. Add caesar dressing, parm. cheese, wrap in your choice of wraps. Yum!

mamalisa 09-01-2004 06:56 PM

Lazy dinner, nothing fancy. I've got steaks marinating, I'll bake some little red potatoes and warm up some sort of frozen veggie. I've been cleaning all day, organizing and tossing tons of crap, I'm too pooped to really cook.

Yinsum 09-01-2004 07:13 PM

crunchymomma I'm trying that tomorrow.
warriorprincess I don't know how to make frittatas. But I'd love to learn.
mamalisa lately everyday feels like lazy dinner day around here.

root*children 09-01-2004 08:31 PM

You should post this in Nutrition & Good Eating. You'll get tons of replies. We're having tofu pot pie, mashed potatoes and green beans fresh from the garden
That makes me sound so healthy! Little do you know that I've been eating graham crackers and cheese puffs all day :

mrzmeg 09-01-2004 08:33 PM

Just my toddler and I tonight---we're having purple hull peas and steamed okra, all fresh of course

mclisa 09-01-2004 08:48 PM

My lazy default meal is pancakes. DD1 loves to help make them. It entertains her for awhile.

Tonight DH grilled steaks, bell peppers, and cherry tomotoes. Too hot out to cook inside.

momto l&a 09-01-2004 08:52 PM

Chicken breasts that are thawing/marinating in taco seasoning and steamed veggies

mom2tig99Nroo03 09-01-2004 09:16 PM

we had spaghetti noodles with red bell peppers sauteed in garlic and oil all tossed together... .quick, and i had the stuff here, lol

mom2tig99Nroo03 09-01-2004 09:17 PM

oh, and dh put cheese on his

there goes me trying to veg him up a bit, lol

Lousli 09-01-2004 09:27 PM

Steamed broccoli, rice (a-roni, okay, I'll admit it) salad with avocado and radishes. Just what I felt like tonight. We're not usually veggie.

Ms. Mom 09-01-2004 09:30 PM

Bow Tie noodles tosed in Olive Oil, Garlic, Italian seasoning, Assiago, parmasan, romano cheeses and a chopped up tomato

Also tosses salad and melon - Where's the ice cream?

Yinsum 09-01-2004 09:57 PM

taking notes

MamaDaednu 09-01-2004 10:24 PM

Not much help here...we're having leftovers of pork.
Natural pork sausages with cinnamon braised honey crisp apples. Mmmmm.

~Daednu

famousmockngbrd 09-01-2004 10:36 PM

Quiche, this time with broccoli, onions and cheddar cheese. Raw sugar snap peas on the side.

Here is a yummy and super easy basic quiche recipe:

Beat together 5 eggs, 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup sour cream. Put whatever fillings you want into a frozen pie shell. Add whatever spices you want to the egg mixture. Pour egg mixture into pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 F., then turn the oven down to 350 F. and bake for another 30 minutes.

Note: If you put cheese in the shell before you add the egg mixture, it tends to blend with the eggs a little more. If you add the cheese after you've poured in the eggs, it tends to float on top and make a crust. (It's good both ways.)

Izzybee 09-01-2004 10:38 PM

chippies and dip

Nacho chips topped with melted cheddar cheese and salsa on the side.
OMG I am salavating

littleaugustbaby 09-01-2004 10:49 PM

chicken picatta, fettucine, and broccoli

nym 09-01-2004 10:55 PM

stuffed perogies and brocolli

You should join the MDCmealhelpers yahoo list. We talk about food all the time!

williamsmommy2002 09-01-2004 11:31 PM

We had mac and cheese and artichokes.

Yinsum 09-02-2004 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nym
stuffed perogies and brocolli

You should join the MDCmealhelpers yahoo list. We talk about food all the time!
Nym I had no idea there was such a thing. I'll check it out.

Jeffiner 09-02-2004 09:48 AM

I had pasta primavera: saute red pepper, shittake mushroom, zucchini, a couple of cloves of garlic, and italian seasonings in olive oil, then serve on top of noodles. I also like to have some sliced mozzarella cheese on the side - grated, it gets all sticky and hardens during the dishwashing process Oh, and I had a romaine lettuce salad and home made dressing (olive oil and organic white wine vinegar). And organic grapes for dessert

LDSmomma6 09-02-2004 11:21 AM

I'm making pot roast tonight with mashed taters and corn. My kids favorite meal besides fettuchine alfredo, and that is only reserved for birthdays because it's so expensive to make.

Last night we had sandwiches. My DH was not impressed. He had leftover meatloaf.

cinnamonamon 09-02-2004 11:40 AM

...can someone come and cook lunch for the mama who just threw out all her leftover perishables in preparation for vacation... This allll sounds good...

Guess I'll be eating peanut butter sandwiches to use up the last of the bread...

oohlalabags 09-02-2004 11:46 AM

halved avacados with tuna salad on a bed of lettuce with drizzled oilve oil and lemon juice... healthy and easy

bebe luna 09-02-2004 12:08 PM

Last night was a big mixed field greens salad w/ shredded carrots, cherry tomatos, and toasted sunflower seeds w/ brown rice and lentil pilaf... w/ frozen strawberry rice dream for dessert

Tonight its rotissery chicken, french bread, brie, and steamed asparagus

stayinghome 09-02-2004 01:01 PM

I made roll ups last night- turkey breast or ham to choose from, cut veggies, i had lettuce and red pepper and red onion, cheese, garden veggie cream cheese, mayo, or mustard to spread on, all rolled up in spinach tortillas. Had apples on the side. Was a hit, except everyone seemed hungry again a few hourse later. Maybe I should've served another side?