N.J. mamas... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-14-2004, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My business is doing a research project in New Jersey concerning industy there and environmental/health impact. and more than one respondent has said that there are now children in areas of New Jersey who have never had teeth come in. Has anyone else heard of this????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-14-2004, 12:21 PM

mama, my son had a baby tooth in the front never come in, and because the other three came in so close, we never noticed, the dentist pointed it out. He is now 12 and it came in last year, the dentist actually pulled it because it came in behind the other teeth and would have caused major problems.

I would research the high incidence of cancer in some of the old factory towns, moreso than the not getting teeth issue. If you'd like specifics, send me a pm.
#3 of 7 Old 09-14-2004, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

thanks, magnolia. The cancer rates I was aware of. My family is from New London, Ct, and that is another cancer hot spot. But I'd never heard about the children's teeth before.
#4 of 7 Old 09-14-2004, 01:24 PM

my brother actually has a congenital defect in his mouth. At 23 years old, he still has many baby teeth, because there were no adult teeth under them to push them out. I never imagined it was because we live in Jersey. hmmmm.....

I spent most of my formative years in Brooklyn. maybe that's why I had virtually no health problems, (till that darn Hep B vax) and he's been in and out of the hospital for heart murmurs, allergies and a brain tumor.

Interesting.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#5 of 7 Old 09-14-2004, 01:45 PM

Wow - one of my nephews!
#6 of 7 Old 09-14-2004, 03:42 PM

Wow, I never thought about it having to do with living in Jersey, but DH's cousin's husband never got adult teeth... possibly never got baby teeth in one area of his mouth. I just thought it was a fluke thing. He didn't grow up in my hometown, but in a town north of me, closer to NYC.

But now I'm wondering if my town could be a possible danger and how naive am I am to think it couldn't be.
#7 of 7 Old 09-14-2004, 07:45 PM

My son is missing his two lower front adult teeth. The dentist took an x-ray because they haven't come out and there aren't any adult teeth under them. I'm interested to follow this thread.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page