Uuuhh...utterly deflated! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-21-2004, 03:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For the past two months, I've been planning to have my lifelong best friend come and stay with me. She just went through a divorce and wanted to move back into town with her 2 boys. DH and I agreed to let them stay here for a month or so until she found work and a place of her own. Well, it became and issue with my nosy MIL, who said it would ruin our lives, that she'd steal my man, etc. Whatever. So MIL and I are fighting now because she won't butt out regarding this situation.

I put a lot of effort into cleaning out a room for my friend to stay in, and even moved the camp trailor to the front of the house so her boys would have someplace to go for privacy. She left on this trip and got stranded halfway, about 7 hours away. She was stuck in some small town with all of her belongings in a broken down trailor and 2 boys and a cat. I wanted to take DH's truck to pick her up, but he said no. So now, DH and I are fighting. Anyway, she called me today to tell me that she had gone back home and isn't coming after all.

I can totally understand why she decided to go back, but I've just wasted all of this energy getting ready, and it would have all been so worth it had she arrived! Instead, I feel like someone just stuck a pin in me and I am utterly deflated. Now I'm feeling lonely because I was looking forward to this, and I'm fighting with my DH and MIL over something that turned out to be nothing!

*sigh*

"The best things in life aren't things."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2004, 03:53 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Awww, bummer man. That totally bites, to get so excited and then get let down like that.

Steal your man? Are people really worried about those kinds of things? I mean, that seems weird for the mother of the man to be worried about.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:51 AM

It must be hard for your friend right now. She's so lucky to have a friend like you who would take her and her children in like that.

ITA with Carrie, did your DH's mom get to him? I don't understand why he wouldn't let you go get them.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter

Nope, Dh's mommy didn't get to him. She's been picking on me and not talking to him about it at all...too guilty I guess. I have to blame her in a way though. She is a very self-absorbed person and so is he. Given the opportunity to help someone truly in need, I jump to the rescue if I can. He doesn't think that way. He couldn't see any personal gain in it, so he refused. Everyday, we learn something new about eachother. Too bad it had to be something so disappointing this time. The thing is, I totally expected him to say yes and even go with me! I was shocked and very upset to hear him say no. I really didn't expect that at all. I still love him, but I feel bad that he doesn't have that kind of generosity in him. Maybe that is something he can learn from me.

About my best friend not coming...well, I'm still pretty sad. I had all these plans and now I have to erase them and start over. She hasn't lived here in 2 years and I was really looking forward to this.

"The best things in life aren't things."

Old 09-23-2004, 04:12 AM

How dissapointing.

I hope things clear up between you and dh and you and MIL (I can relate to MIL problems). I hope your friend will be OK.

User Tag List