TV Covering Ideas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-04-2004, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am sick of looking at the black void.. give me some good ideas to cover it!

We have an entertainment center, so my first idea was to sew a curtain and put it up with a dowel. Easy. Then I thought red velvet curtains with a gold braid would be fun and interesting. DH thinks we should get a piece of cardboard (or plywood) cut to fit the opening and cover it with a collage or some sort. Maybe cover it with pictures and text with some theme. (Things to do instead of watching TV?)

Brainstorm with me! I need some more ideas.

flowersforyou.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-04-2004, 11:02 AM

Sorry, no ideas! I like the red velvet curtain idea you had.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#3 of 7 Old 11-04-2004, 11:44 AM

We have an entertainment center too. Instead of a dowel I just got one of those pressure rods that fit right in the space. The curtain I have is a really wild piece of fabric that is black with crazy colored planets and stars on it. I keep meaning to make it into a proper curtain but haven't gotten around to it yet. Works fine though and it's really nice looking

I'm thinking for Christmas I might put up a fake fireplace to hang stockings from :LOL
#4 of 7 Old 11-04-2004, 02:44 PM

We cut out TV screen shaped pieces of paper and let the DD1 go crazy, replacing it every week or so. We attach the paper in such a way we can fold it up to watch movies occasionally after DD's are in bed.
#5 of 7 Old 11-04-2004, 05:07 PM

I cover mine with a sarong--one that I used to wear, but tore in a way that I can no longer wear it No entertainment center, so it is just draped over the tv, but sarongs come in so many beautiful colors and patterns that they can really complement the room

Mine is a medium blue and white batik, with the shapes of shells and other sea stuff. Much better to look at than an idiot box!
#6 of 7 Old 11-04-2004, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just use a pretty sheet and drape over the TV. It really helps ALOT to cover the TV up, have fun coming up with a new look

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif
#7 of 7 Old 11-04-2004, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Honey
Maybe cover it with pictures and text with some theme. (Things to do instead of watching TV?)

Brainstorm with me! I need some more ideas.
Sorry, I have no ideas. But YOU just gave ME a great one! I like that idea. It would help me to *keep* it (TV) off if there were alternatives blocking the view, yk? Thanks, mama!

treehugger.gif Bex -- Single, hardworking mama to reading.gif DS (11), love.gif DD (7), & flowerkitty.gif Lars (13)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page