So I'm going to LA,CA in a couple weeks... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-08-2004, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone want to meet up? I'll be in the Burbank area. I'm planning on going to the LA Zoo because I have a MN zoo membership which gets me into the LA zoo for half off. Anyone want to plan a zoo date?

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2004, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I will be there the 12 and 13th and the 18th but for drs visits. But other than that will have some free time. DS has been wanting to go to the Zoo for awhile.
When will you be there?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

I arrive on the 17th and leave on the 30th. So I have a nice almost 2 weeks there. I'm hoping to get to Venice Beach for a drum circle too if anyone is interested in that! I don't think I can pack my drum though, kind of a bummer.

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif
Old 11-08-2004, 10:22 PM

Even if we dont do nothing..lol...it would be cool to meet ya while your there. I havent had the opportunity yet to meet another MDC mama.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
If you are going to LA Zoo and if you are going to be in Burbank.. you should also fold in:

http://www.ci.la.ca.us/RAP/grifmet/tt/

It is free admission and my son loves it. Especially riding the miniature train (2.00 bucks)

My schedule is too freaky right now for me booking anything or I would..maybe if it loosens up I will pm you...

by the way there is a great playground in Griffith Park called Shane's Inspiration... check that out too.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 11-08-2004, 10:50 PM

I'm about 1.5 - 2 hours drive from LA, which really isn't too bad. I'll have to see what my schedule looks like, but it's definitely possible that DD and I can drive up for a visit!
Old 11-09-2004, 12:10 AM

man, why can't you come up to northern CA? SF has zoos too, you know

anyway, there's this crazy guy that plays like 20 instruments at once down there on Venice Beach...tell him I said hi if he's still there. Oh, and don't mention my name down there---I've got 2 outstanding tickets for selling "tobacco" stone hand carved pipes he he & one for jaywalking. No kidding

Have fun sistah! i haven't been down there since I was pg w/my first, so I don't know any cool stuff to do with them.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for that info Tracy! And please do PM me if you think you can swing it. I'll have MDC access (providing it isn't down) while I'm there.

Mountain.... I was in SF LAST time I went! I actually road tripped from MN to SoCal, then up to Ukia (sp???) just north of SF, then to Portland, then back home. The kicker... my engine blew on me in Gallop, NM of all the forsaken places. I told my MIL that if I was ever going to go out there again I was flying, so I am :LOL

I've seen that dude! And you got a ticket for *tobacco* pipes, ah geez :

LittleAugust : Lets' try to work it out. IRL's drive me insane with worry before I meet, but I'm always glad I did!

User Tag List